Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Last Day [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9385

The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 pm

Mason couldn't help but note that Lamia seemed a bit out of it, or that her mind kept drifting to something else. She also seemed to be looking around quite a bit. What was going on? Magic decided to take a look around himself but nothing caught his eye. The winter boy shrugged it off for the moment, and got into the water with Lamia. "Nah, I don't need one.. But I will grab one as well if you want one." He wasn't going to let her be alone in using a float. The water felt relaxing which was nice.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10635

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Fuck. She messed up. "O-Oh... uhm... I-I was j-j-just a-asking...!" Lamia stammered quietly before taking a deep breath. There was no way she would grab one if he didn't want to. Why did he do that? Magic knew that she wouldn't make her own decisions, basing everything she did based off what everyone else wanted. Was this some way of pressuring her or something? It wouldn't be fair if she tried to make a choice in what they should do, not at all. Although she was very tempted to grab one just to hide her face behind, ducking below visible vision to try and conceal anything that would lead to her own utter embarrassment. No, was what her mind told her, scolding her for even thinking of something so self-centered. He didn't want one, so she shouldn't even put a second thought into it.

Holding her arms to her sides, she couldn't help but notice how absolutely bitter cold the water was, biting at her skin. Her own senses would numb soon... and after that, she would get used to it. Hopefully anyway. Why wasn't this being heated more? So cold. It kept ringing in her mind, and she had to force herself to shake it out. Her eyes wandered around, and she noticed a small group of boys around their age entering the river. They didn't seem to be moving from their spot, though. Were they talking about something? Waiting for someone? Actually - why was she so curious? It wasn't any of her business... and it was rude to stare. Wrenching her gaze away, Lamia sort of just waited for Magic to do something first, as usual. Was he simply going to just float on his back or walk? Maybe... swim?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 4:36 pm

The water wasn't that cold to Magic. In fact it felt fine to him. Deciding it was time to go out into the river's current, Mason grabbed Lamia's hand and pulled her along with him as he back up into the river current. Soon enough Mason could feel the current starting to carry him. So he decided to float, and let the current take him. He lifted his feet off the bottom of the pool slightly, let the current take him, but he didn't let go of Lamia's hand. He kept a hold of it so that way they wouldn't get seprated and get lost from each other. Yeah that was the reason.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Him taking her hand was something she hadn't expected at all.

Eyes widening, she let out the tiniest of gasp in surprise, her face red as he dragged her along with him. Some unintelligible phrases passed through her lips, and she couldn't find the courage to look him straight in the eye... Or at him at all. Lamia wanted to let go, in the case that her power suddenly started to activate then and there, but she couldn't find the courage to. So she simply took it down slowly, one step at a time. Did he not trust her to be able to keep up with him or something? That would've been the only real reason he would do this. Probably...

First, her fingers loosened themselves from his grasp, one at a time. And soon enough, her hand was dangling freely, and she pulled it from a gap, her wrist breaking free. It should've been easy enough, but it took her awhile. She didn't have firm ground to stand on, and there were a few times where he would grab her again and sometimes even harder. But she managed it. Mumbling an incoherent apology, Lamia kept her eyes everywhere except at Magic, allowing the current to drift her along, her feet barely touching the bottom.

That was when she remembered that someone was looking at them still. Casting a glance over her shoulder, she only saw those group of boys from before at the entrance. Of course they'd be close by... They started around the same time and area. Nothing serious. Stop being so fucking paranoid. No kidding there. Why couldn't she shake off that feeling that people were watching them, though?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Magic felt her trying to get out of his grasp and the boy let go without her having to do much. "Sorry.." He muttered.. He shouldn't have done that.. He was an idiot.. He just continued to float along in the river, not really noticing the boys like Lamia had. If he did then stuff may have gone down, or Magic would have said something. Most likely would have said something.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Lamia bit her lip, shaking her head feverishly, "N-n-no... I-I sh-should've... uhm... s-said something. I-It's m-m-my fault..." There was absolutely no way anything was anyone else's fault if she was involved in any possible manner, even if she was just some spectator watching it happen. Everything was for her to take the blame as long she existed. Awkwardly, she shifted uncomfortably, and seeing as she was turned around, she couldn't help but notice how those boys kept watching them. Why? Why just them? Maybe they were staring at the girls that were a little ways after them and they were just glaring because she was just being an obstacle? Taking a deep breath, she mustered up whatever courage she had left in her, and started, "U-Uhm... I-I know th-that I r-r-really don't have the r-right to ask th-this b-but..." No, she couldn't do that. It wouldn't be fair to tell him to exit the river just because she felt uneasy. "N-n-never mind...! L-let's just k-k-keep going."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Mason let out a sigh. It wasn't her fault. There was no way it was her fault. Why did everything have to be her fault? Why couldn't it have been his fault for once? Dang it Lamia.. The boy didn't really say anything after that, but he got curious when she spoke up. No right to ask this? She had a right to ask anything she wanted, then she changed her mind? There must have been something going on. Something that Magic didn't notice. "What is it Lamia? You can tell me." He said. If she told him it was nothing he wasn't going to believe her. It would probably only leave him a little frustrated.

Last edited by Coon on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Too bad for Magic, that was exactly what she was going to do. "O-Oh, n-no... uhm... I-It's n-n-nothing. R-really," Lamia murmured softly under her breath, trying to keep her eyes away from him. It was just her being completely paranoid and suspicious of everything around her. Absolutely nothing else. Nothing to worry about. It was absolutely nothing, in the end. So why did she want him to just leave the place they were in now? Or why did she want him to try and focus on the conversation those boys over there were having? No, it'd be too selfish to ask that. They were going to just keep heading wherever they were heading without having a care in the world. Her gaze wandered around, and she bit her lip. I'm being such a moron.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 pm

A sigh escaped the boy.. Of course she said it was nothing.. "Let's go do something else.." He said in a bit of a down tone. He said. It only took them a moment to reach an exit pool that lead them to the other side of the entrance. Magic moved over to the wall and then into the exit pool where the current was no longer effecting the water. They were near a couple of slides, and then a regular pool with some diving boards and stuff. Magic patiently waited for Lamia to follow him out, while he stood on the stairs to the small exit pool.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:45 pm

She made him frustrated again, didn't she? A small muddled up apology let her mouth, and as they reached the exit pool, Lamia tried to walk up the steps with caution. Only for her foot to slip from the amount of people around, shoving their way to leave, and she lost her balance, falling back into the river. Her eyes widened and she wasn't sure if she screamed, or squeaked, or whatever. The next thing she knew, she was submerged under water, everything completely blue and she couldn't breathe. Her head was throbbing more than it should've a few minutes ago, and everything seemed to be spinning. Need to reach surface... Bubbles escaped her mouth, and her vision had started to black out. Lamia was almost sure that she was about to drown right then and there until she saw someone reach their hand down and pull her up.

Her head re-emerged at the top, and she couldn't stop coughing, the water that had filled her lungs being ejected forcibly. At first, she had assumed that it was Magic who had jumped in to get her after her stupid mistake, but once her eyes managed to see clearly, she only saw one of the boys from before. Letting out a small gasp, she edged away awkwardly, mumbling softly, "I-I-I'm s-so... s-s-sorry...!" Dammit, stop coughing already. She didn't try to look at them, and she couldn't help but nervously play with her fingers in front of herself.

"What, no. It's fine! I just happened to be around when we saw you drifting underneath," one of them answered, grinning widely like the Cheshire Cat. Without saying anything, he had held onto her shoulders, and she couldn't help but feel her face grow a little red, half because he was touching her and half because she was nervous about her power emerging. She did almost drown, so... Lamia quickly inched away a bit, muttering another apology. "Huh? What'd you say?"

"O-o-oh... u-uhm... n-nothing."

"Well, that's fine then. Would you like to join me for a drink at the juice bar, right now? My friends want to go to the wave rider, but I'm kind of thirsty."

No was her initial thought. She couldn't just leave Magic or anything... he'd get worried for nothing, but before she could answer, the other boy had grabbed her wrist, and dragged her through the crowd, completely in the opposite direction of the Winter boy, and she couldn't say anything. So she wound up smiling weakly and giving a nervous giggle. Lamia couldn't fight back - she was always a pushover. She knew that. But she could never find the courage to outright deny someone.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Magic noticed that Lamia wasn't right behind him. He turned in time see the girl lose her footing. He reached out to grab her, but he wasn't fast enough. He tried to get back into the river to help his friend but so many people were blocking his way. Why couldn't they find another way out? He had to help his friend! Magic felt slightly relieved when he heard Lamia's voice, but there was another voice with hers that he didn't like. He started to hear the other voice get softer. They were moving away from him! He had to follow. Magic closed his eyes trying to listen, and started following after the two, amazingly avoiding bumping into other people just by listening to the sounds. We're was Laine and Vince? Little did he know those two were closing in on the juice bar as well.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 10:58 pm

She didn't really know her way around the park, but there were many times when she felt like the boy would try and veer off-course, only to walk back on track, trekking through the crowds and unwilling to let go of her wrist. Lamia bit down on her lip - hard -, trying to swallow down any lumps of anxiety or fear welling up inside her. Throughout the entire time, she managed to keep a queasy smile plastered on her face, but her eyes betrayed it slightly. Apparently it was enough of a hint for her guide, who would constantly stop to turn around and ask her if she was alright or if she wanted to take a break. He was being awfully nice about the whole thing, and Lamia only assumed that she had jumped to conclusions before and there was really nothing to be cautious about in the end. Except that he wouldn't let go of her hand.

During the entire walk, they had made small talk and tiny conversations where he would lead it most of the time and she'd give brief answers or incoherent phrases. Often, he had asked her to repeat herself, but he never pushed for it and there were a few times he managed to make her laugh after a joke - albeit, it was out of complete politeness and she never really understood what was so humorous about it. Soon enough, they reached the juice bar and he had gone in line, finally letting go of her to go pay, much to her embarrassment. That was the second time someone had to pay for her... the first time was Magic.

Speaking of Magic... Dammitdammitdammit. How had she been so stupid to realize that he wasn't with her the entire time? Nervously, she fiddled with her hands on her lap before one of them reached for her front bangs, holding them as she feel into deep thought. Knowing Magic, Lamia had seen him try to catch her before and he most likely heard the other boy manage to get her onto the surface. If she knew him well enough, he would have followed them by tracking any sources of sound and wouldn't have any problem finding her. If he wanted to or cared, that is.

He probably didn't. She was a nuisance in the end, no matter how many times he said she wasn't. She was annoying, needy, and completely boring. It would've been better if Magic just left her alone. She was already lucky enough that someone bothered to save her from an untimely death.

Soon enough, the other boy walked over and she finally saw his features properly. He was a stranger she couldn't identify with a face before, but now that she wasn't looking at his backside, Lamia realized that he was rather tall with icy blue eyes and disheveled black hair, a bit well-built and lean; in other words, he was what other girls would consider handsome. So why did he invite her to have some juice with him instead of someone else? Was it just by accident that she wound up being here? Or maybe he was being chivalrous.

No, Lamia was awkwardly reminded of someone who was a friend of her's in the best, aggressively telling her that he would help her no matter what. If that was chivalry, she was glad it was dead and wiped from existence. Glancing down at her side, she let out a quiet sigh, "I-I-I'm s-sorry t-t-to have tr-troubled you..."

As he placed the drinks down and took a seat in the adjacent chair, a wide grin on his face as he used his free hand in a dismissive gesture. "No, no. I told you it's fine - it would've been nicer to share a drink with someone anyway, and I think you need a breather after nearly falling to your death." He was being oddly straightforward... But it was the truth, so Lamia didn't bother to fight back, only giving a small laugh as she brought the straw to her mouth, noticing a rather bitter, seething aftertaste. Was something slipped into her drink? Overly suspicious again? What she didn't realize was that a strong dose of alcohol was mixed into the drink, the odorless and clear kind. "Oh, by the way, I'm Warren Parks. I forgot about introductions, how rude of me."

Her name? Lamia bit her lip, her throat suddenly feeling sandpapery as she tried to force the words out, clenching her eyes shut to concentrate on it. "L-Lamia..." She never liked introducing herself. What if people figured out her name?

"Lamia? As in the Greek monster?" She didn't try to look up and see his expression as her eyes blinked open. If she had to guess, he was frowning. That would be the common reaction to those who knew the myth. "Why is a cute flower such as yourself given a monstrous name? Did your parents not want your anything?" So blunt... Lamia didn't want to respond.

Cute? Her? Good gods, what a great joke. Yup, so funny. Ahaha... Nervously, she tucked a strand of her behind her ear, mumbling something incoherent under her breath. Lamia thought about returning the compliment, but Warren probably heard it from all kinds of people, so she just gave a queasy smile.

"You don't seem to talk much. Do I intimidate you?"

Absentmindedly, she dumbly nodded. And she regretted doing so right after. Trying to bring her attention elsewhere, she played around with the straw for a moment before taking a small sip, her eyes focused on the metal table that caused a gap between them. Lamia heard him laugh, loudly. "Ah, sorry. You probably noticed my friends and I watching you. We were just wondering why you're wearing a vest when you have such a nice body."

Immediately, her face turned bright red, and she shifted uncomfortably, everything seeming to get warmer as beads of sweat began to form on her forehead. Wiping her palms on her thighs, she shook her head, mumbling, "I-I appreciate th-th-the compliment, b-but I-I r-r-really don't..."

"Sure, you do! I won't continue if you don't want me to say anything more, though."

"I-I c-c-couldn't pr-prevent you fr-from saying wh-wh-what you like..." Lamia mumbled under her breath, and when he asked her to repeat it, with a gentle shove, she did. He gave her an odd look for a few moments before brightening up.

"You seem uncomfortable, so... Change of subject!" He could read her like a book... what the hell? The only other person who managed such a feat was a classmate back in France, but Lamia didn't even want to think about that right now. "Was the guy you were with before your boyfriend?"

Never mind, he couldn't read her that well. "N-n-no... J-just a fr-fr-friend... I-I th-think."

"You think?

"I-It's j-j-just that... I-I f-f-feel like a b-burden to h-him... H-he's probably annoyed w-with m-m-me."

"Oh, cheer up! I beat you he's lucky to have a friend like you - I'm jealous, for sure."

Jealous? Why? Lamia knew she was never anything special, and here this guy was, telling her that he envied her friendship with Magic. It really wasn't anything special at all... She grew quiet, and she felt someone tap her on the shoulder. So she turned around, meeting eyes with the familiar face before shifting her gaze away to prevent any staring.

"S-s-sorry..."

Last edited by Echo on Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 4:53 am

Laine and Vincent managed to get to the juice bar first. They were surprised to see that Lamia was with another boy, so they kind of suspected something must have been up. Laine was the one who tapped Lamia on the shoulder, and he was surprised to hear her instantly apologize. He could only assume that something bad had happened. "Lamia, where is Mason?" He asked looking around just to be sure the two hadn't made a new friend in there adventure, and Mason was close by. Then Laine noticed the dark haired boy coming for them, and he seemed to be slightly pissed. Only slightly though. Vince on the other hand seemed slightly bored instead of concerned.

Magic had managed to catch up with the two finally. "There you are Lamia.. I was worried. He said to the girl standing next to her as Laine and Vince moved away a little bit. "Are you alright?" He asked her just to make sure there weren't any bumps or bruises or something similar. He didn't even bother to address the guy sitting across from the girl, not yet anyway. Magic made sure not to touch the girl, and make her more uncomfortable than she already was, and he could tell she was.

Finally he shot a glare to the guy across from the other winter. "Who's this?" He asked in a bit of a cold tone. He knew it was the guy that took her away from the river instead of bringer her back to him. He could easily tell by his voice. Mason was pretty sure this guy had bad intentions, but it didn't seem like it at the moment. One's thing was for sure Mason didn't exactly trust any stranger and was always prepared to do something. Laine seemed to have the same thoughts as him. Both of the gang members were sure there was something going on.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm

The voice made her freeze, and at once, her heart began to pound like a drum.

Fuck. It had to be Laine and Vincent. What should she say? Should she say anything at all? Or should she lie and just say that Magic had went to the restroom or something? Lamia would've voiced her frustration if it wouldn't have caused anyone to worry, but instead, she chewed on her lip, hunching her shoulders closer and lowered her head, half hoping that they wouldn't ask her about it again, and if luck was on her side, they'd forget she was even there. Perhaps fate was being generous to her for the first time in ages for Magic had shown up just as she had started reaching the peak of her anxiety. But that wasn't going to be the case for another century. The higher powers simply had something in it for her, and she had begun to accept that at this point.

She gave Magic a sheepish, fleeting glance, giggling nervously to herself, "I-I'm s-s-sorry for m-making you w-worry..." Lamia slowly turned her head away, her eyes focused intently on the table in front of her. With rosy-tinged cheeks, she knew that he was just glancing to see if she got herself injured again, but... Hell no. Never mind that fact. That was definitely not what he was doing. She trusted him enough. Sort of. Okay, not really. But he was the only one--- never mind, she blurted that out to Keirsta as well. So... why did she say to herself that she would confide in him more than other people? He trusted her enough that she should decently say something too, right? Do you want to have no friends? "I-I-I'll l-live..."

Wrong answer.

"Did you hit your head on the way down?" Warren murmured, his breath billowing out in front of him once more as he tried to get a good glance at her face. As he closed in, a smile crossed his features before he rested his head on his arms, leaning back onto to the chair. There wasn't anything physically wrong with her - save for being more frail and small than most -, but it was probably just the alcohol kicking in. Slowly, infecting her like a parasite. And then he could do his thing. He had a feeling that he wouldn't get a straight answer from her, so he didn't bother to push it any further.

Throwing his glance towards Magic, his grin faded. As his left leg began to shake in frustration and nervousness, Warren couldn't believe that the other guy had managed to find them all the way out there. Worst off, he seemed to know the other two so it would be more difficult. Giving a small shrug, he displayed a carefree smile, replying, "Warren Parks. Thought it would be a good idea to treat her to a drink after she nearly drowned."

"And would you three be her friends?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Magic straightened up and crossed his arms, clearly showing a defensive position. "Yeah. We're her friends, and it would have been better to bring her back to me instead of taking her to the other side of the park just to get her a drink." Magic figured that the boy was probably wondering how he managed to find them or something. Suspicion was laced throughout the winter's tone. Laine walked over a stood next to Magic kind of ready to be back up if anything happened. While Vincent just kind of worked on drinking a drink. He wasn't really interested in what was going on. Better let the two gang members handle it. He would only get involved if he had too, and if he had to get involved then they were screwed because that meant the Magic, and Laine were down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Day [CLOSED]
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next