Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Something New [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

Something New [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 3:18 pm

A certain winter student sat in the basically empty Lounge. It was later in the evening time, and it seemed that most people found something better to do rather than sit around in a community room, and watch some boring old tv. Hell even Magic wasn't watching tv. He was too focused on the book that was sitting in his lap, though he still had the tv on as back ground noises, granted it was set on a low volume, that could barely be heard to the normal ear, but to him it was heard easily. Occasionally there was a noise from the tv that brought him out of his book, but quickly his eyes would go back to the book. It was just a simply fantasy book, but it was good enough to catch his attention.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9625

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 4:36 pm

She wasn't sure what had caught her first, the sound of the tv, or thoughts of knights and dragons and ice monsters that had to have come from a certain someone who had made it into the lounge before her. Dakota finished stepping inside, carefully closing the door shut behind her as quietly as she could. Whilst she wasn't a bookworm herself and had only come to watch some good old fashion television (the initiate dorms unfortunately didn't even have so much as enough wall outlets for her and her temporary roommates), she wasn't about to come crashing in and disturb the poor sap who was reading there.

Dakota did her best to move quietly as possible, stepping lightly on her toes and making her way around the couch, peering around for the remote.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Magic heard the girl despite her best attempts at being quiet. He heard her the second she got close to the door to the lounge, thought he did his best to ignore her, and focus on his book. It didn't really go as planned when she started looking for something. He quickly assumed she was looking for the remote. He quickly moved his hand and grabbed the remote from beside him. "I suppose you are looking for this?" He said holding it up slightly, though he didn't take his eyes off his book as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:33 pm

She had a bad feeling that she'd already grabbed his attention as the initiate lurked around, but she still wasn't willing to break the silence. Sure enough, almost as if he'd read her mind, he held out the TV remote, almost carelessly. "...What would give you that idea?" Dakota muttered stubbornly from her place behind the couch, taking the small controller anyways and waking around the furnature. She glanced at him, thinking it was kinda hard to see him with his face buried down into the book. "Care if I sit here?" She asked, pointing down to the cushion beside him.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyThu May 05, 2016 1:48 pm

"Maybe the sound of someone shuffling around filling my ears." He muttered in response. He adjust his position slightly. "Sure I don't mind." He looked up at the girl for a moment to see if he knew who he was talking to but he didn't. He gaze returned to his book. "As long as you don't make the tv too loud that is." He assumed the girl was new, or at least newer to the school since he hadn't really seen her before, but there was still some older students he hadn't met yet, well he has seen them around before most likely. He hadn't seen this girl anywhere, until now.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:26 pm

The young woman paused, thinking that a weird response if she'd ever heard one. Was she seriously being that loud? Whatever. As soon as he glad given her the all clear, she took her seat, casting a glance over his way. He had green eyes too, she quickly realized, but that was their only likeness. Whilst her hear was a fair red, he had messy black hair that framed his face... And it was a nice face.

'Ugh, he's really cute.' Dakota thought to herself, turning back to the TV. It was so quiet she could hardly hear it, and so she jammed up the volume button. "I just shipped in the other day," she mused, flipping through the channels and confirming his thoughts. "I'm guessing you've been here a while?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyThu May 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Magic thought he was going to go back to reading peacefully, but once she cranked up the volume on the tv. He looked up from his book at the tv for a second before looking over to her from the side of his eyes. The tv was just loud enough to have it fill his head with all sorts of noises. It didn't hurt but it was just plain annoying. "Do ya think you could turn that down a tad?" He asked. His finger was holding his place in the book, he figured he would quickly go back to the book, but if things kept up then he might not get to read it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySat May 07, 2016 3:58 pm

He certainly was the sensitive type, wasn't he? Dakota raised an eyebrow, shooting a side glance at him curiously before shrugging back further into the couch cushion and clicking the television down a few times. (She could hardly hear it again, but it wasn't like she wanted to get on this guys bad side.) The initiate began to fiddle around with her hair, braiding small strands and glancing up at the box now and then. It was merely a commercial.

Despite how obvious he was focused on the book, she found herself trying to speak up anyways. "Do I get to know your name at least?" She asked, lowering her voice to a whisper and sighing to herself. "It's not exactly fun not knowing anyone around here." She was used to being alone at home, but this was different. These days, at this school, she felt alone all the time.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySat May 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Magic was relieved that it went back down to a quieter volume, though he didn't expect her to turn it down as much as she did, but it was nice to be able to think again. He soon opened his book and returned to reading, but it didn't take long for her to speak up, so he just ended up placing a book mark in his spot and then closed the book. "If you wanted to talk all you had to do was ask." He said shifting slightly so he could face her. "Name's Magic, yes it's a nickname, no don't ask why I use it."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySun May 08, 2016 1:27 pm

She didn't have to be a mind reader to see how relieved he was over a few decimals of volume, and was a little put off by how straight forward he was, only because most people tended to act as if conversations were something you had to dance around. Being blunt was something some considered rude. She, however, appreciated it. "Magic. That's an interesting name." She repeated, turning the words over curiously in her head. It was stupid sounding, but fitting for a school like this, she supposed. "Call me Dakota... It's not as exciting at yours." She joked tenderly.

"Tell me, what do you do for fun around here? It's so dull." The initiate loved interrogating people, since she learned so much about them. Even if they held something back, there was nothing she couldn't pick up on.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySun May 08, 2016 3:23 pm

He was rather blunt but he didn't really care. He wasn't too interested in making friends, but if they stuck around after him being blunt then they may be worth it. "Dakota? Nice name, not one I hear to often." It was the truth, he knew a lot of names but that was one he heard maybe like once every few years or so. He guess he would be hearing it a lot more now.

"And what to do for fun? I'm probably the wrong person to answer that question.." He didn't really do much around here. "If you like anything artsy you could go to the studios. There is the gym if you like to exercise. The Conservatory if you like plants. In town there is a few places to go like the cafe or the bakery. There is the game lounge if you like video games. That is a much as I can offer." He kept his book in one hand, to make sure if he had to get up and do something he wouldn't forget it.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 12:49 pm

The initiate let out a small, triumphant smile, a little flattered by his words. That was the closest she could consider a compliment, at least judging from the type of person he was. He didn't strike her as the type to deal them out lightly, especially with strangers. "Thank you," she cooed simply, tossing the remote towards the other end of the couch.

"The gym, I'll have to check that out later." She joined a few different sports before Beata, hopefully the school still had teams or events of some sort, lest they be even more dull that she originally thought. "How do you pass the time then? Are fantasy books your escape?" She asked lightly, pointing down to the book in his hands. Nothing wrong with that. A well read man was nothing to sneeze at.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptyTue May 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Magic was glad when the remote was tossed away and forgotten about, he didn't have to worry about the volume being messed with anymore, and it would just sit at a comfortable volume where he could hear it perfectly fine, and it wouldn't annoy him.

He was also glad that he named something off that she seemed to be interested in. At least he could do that, and then she asked him how he passed time. Well he didn't really do much with others, mostly did things by himself, but he wasn't going to say that aloud. "I read sometimes, not just fantasy books. It's usually any book with something that interests me, but it's kind of hard to find those sometimes. And other days I got to the gym, and work out a little, just enough to stay in shape, and what not. After that, not to much else. I'm not that exciting." Except some people still remembered he got second place in the tourney and some still found that exciting. That was probably the really only exciting thing that he had done while at the school.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySat May 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Dakota nodded quietly, picking up on the bits of pieces he was leaving out of his own words. A tournament? And his love for the gym? so, he was a fighter, wasn't he? A fighter alone in the middle of the lounge with his nose buried in some old fantasy book. The pieces of the puzzle were all starting together for her. He certainly was the strong, silent type, wasn't he? "That sounds exciting to me." The young woman smiled, leaning ever-so-slightly closer towards him. "I could use a gym partner, if you wouldn't mind the company?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:26 pm

He blinked. "Wait really?" Clearly she liked boring stuff or she had something hidden up her sleeve and she knew more about him than she was letting on. Honestly he should expect that by now, or at least he felt like he should. He looked back at her again, and he realized she was close now, so he leaned back just a tad. A gym partner? He never really needed one. He never really did all that fancy weight lifting. "I haven't really needed one before so I'll consider it.." He said to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Something New [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next