Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Something New [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9538

Something New [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 10:41 pm

The girl gave him a slightly lop-slided look, raising her eyebrow as if she didn't entirely believe him. "Is that so?" Although he dressed more modestly than most guys around the school, one could easily make out how toned his body was if they were close enough, such as Dakota, thankfully. "It's always good to go with someone else. It's funner. You're more motivated." The red-head offered a smile. Even if he wasn't the big weight lifter kinda guy, you didn't get a body like that on some old tredmill. "If you're up to it, anyways."
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm

"Well I don't really have an issue with motivation seeing how it's already a habit for me to go." And seeing how he goes when he has to take out his frustrations, which is quite often. "Like I said I will consider it, I don't really have an answer for you right now." Why was she so keen on being his gym partner? Why him of all people? There were more positive and friendlier people than him around. It was kind of strange that she was fixated on him. No one was ever like that before.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:24 am

Well, maybe people didn't tend to bother him because he seemed to tense all the time, she thought to herself. Frustration seemed as good of a motivation as any, she supposed, but then it definitely couldn't qualify as fun. "Just keeping the offer happily on the table," Dakota mused, stretching up her arms and letting out a small yawn. "You know, you come off as kinda crude, but you seem like an alright guy to me."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2016 1:06 pm

"Crude?" Magic echoed. That wasn't really a word he heard used for him before, and he has heard a lot of words to describe him, however he accepted it. "Fair enough." He relaxed a bit, leaning back against the couch. "So I have to ask, Why do I get the feeling you know more about me than I'm telling you?" Just the way she spoke seemed that she knew more than she was letting on, and from the way he was speaking, at least to him, it didn't sound like he was giving anything away. So he assumed it had something to do with her gift.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Dakota let out a small laugh as he turned the word over in his head. She supposed it wasn't often that people spoke so boldly around him. There was no way around it. He was a pretty intimidating guy. "You could say that I'm just a really good judge of character," she mused, shooting him a small wink as he smile grew. As she paused to think seriously on an answer, her smile fell a bit and she stared down into her lap. "If I told you, I'm afraid I might weird you out. It wouldn't be the first time that would have happened." After a few moments, she managed to perk up a bit. "Then again, this school is a sort of freak-show. I bet you've seen worse."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Magic looked at her for a moment, taking in her words, seeing if they hinted at anything. Good judge of character? Well he wasn't really giving away anything through his expression and what not so she had to be picking it up with her gift, whatever it was. His mind was a bit to tired for this. "Weird me out? Not really." He shifted his position on the couch slightly. "I have seen some things.. More so heard somethings.." Seeing stuff was pretty bad, but hearing it without seeing it, and not knowing what it is would plague his mind a few times. It's happened once or twice before.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:08 am

Dakota looked visable relieved. It was obvious to her that he wasn't just saying that to make her feel better. But then it just raised questions of her own what was the worst thing this guy had possibly seen? It was still technically supposed to be a highschool, wasn't it? She didn't seem too worried about dwelling on it, however. Chances were she'd find out sooner or later.

The girl let our a sight sigh, twisting a few locks around her finger. "Glad to hear it. I'd hate to scare off someone so good, and handsome on top of it." She tried to play off her nervousness, shooting him a teasing wink and laughing a bit under her breath. Although she still fidgeted around, playing with her hair all the more. "I can read people's minds though. Isn't that freaky?" She tried to tell a few of her old friends before and they thought she was insane. Regardless of where she was, she tensed up for the same reaction.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Her relief in his statement showed him just how much she was worried about this. Well whatever it was he could see now this was actually a concern of hers, and her relief didn't last too long it seemed. For she started messing around with her hair. And then he heard her compliments, handsome? He guessed. Good? Not really. He had his moments, but they weren't enough. The winter was lost for a moment he almost didn't notice what the girl said next but since she was speaking at a normal volume and he had pretty good hearing it would be hard to miss.

So she could read minds? That would explain a few things seeing how he was decent at controlling his expressions. It was kind of surprising, but due to what has happened in the past it was hard to surprise him too much. "I guess that is a bit freaky. With that you can discover someone's true intentions quite easily. All I can do is listen to someone's tone and make better judgement than a normal person can." It was a bit easier, but someone could learn to control their tone, but still he noticed the slightest changes.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 12:27 am

The girl's expression softened up a bit, looking over and quietly easedropping on his thoughts, not that she could help it. It was almost sad, in a way. He seemed like the type to be way too harsh on himself, no matter what he did. Dakota thought to throw a few words of encouragement his way, that was before he went and decided to open his mouth.

The red-head puffed her cheeks out, slightly miffed. "Hey, hey! When a girl drags herself down, you're not supposed to agree with her, you know." She already knew her gift was freaky. She didn't need his reassurement. Even if it didn't quite make sense...

She didn't keep up the bit of attitude long, blinking and looking over him curiously. "You have super hearing?" She asked, pointing to her own ears
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:04 am

Magic blinked. He wasn't one to say positive things about someone, or reassure them. And he wasn't sure if Dakota was the type of person who would disagree with his positive reassurance and start a small argument. And if that happened he would end up giving up, and then people would end up less than neutral with someone. A grown formed on his face and his gray green eyes went off to look at something else for a second, but returned to the girl when she brought up his hearing. "Yeah it comes with my gift, Sound Maipulation, or rather it's an aspect of my gift." He said, glad to get away from the other subject.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:28 pm

So serious. Although Dakota stayed quiet and kept her gaze averted for a time, she could still read him like an open book. What surprised him the most wasn't his train of thought, it actually made sense to her, although she thought he was taking her at too much face... He didn't seem to mind her gift or company really at all, which was surprising to her, especially for someone so seemingly closed off.

She smiled a bit, hiding it behind her hand and talking on in a low whisper. "So you get my pain then?" She joked quietly with a sigh. "It gets annoying just... hearing people all the time. It's so hard to find peace and quiet." The absolute worst for her was being in crowds, even silent ones. Sometimes she found herself taking an a spring before going to a particularly large class simply because the rush of thoughts was just too much for her.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Magic nodded. "Yeah. It does get annoying." It was the reason he didn't go into Rosebury unless he had a really good reason to, or unless it was raining. The rain over takes the rest of the sounds so it makes it slightly easier on the winter. And crowds weren't that bad. They were still bad but all the noises mingled together, and it was hard to separate different noises. To Magic it was the worse when he was in a restaurant and the place wasn't packed. That would be a time where he would hear basically everything that is going on, and he kind of hated that. It was harder to tone out.

"I think around here the best for peace and quiet is either the forest, or your own dorm." He wouldn't really know of anywhere in Rosebury since he didn't go there too often. Sometimes he would get lucky and lounge would be empty when his dorm had people in it. Honestly anywhere on the campus could be peaceful and quiet if you timed it right.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 pm

So, she couldn't invite him for early brunch or dinner dates, is what he was saying? Dakota looked thoughtful, biting lightly at her thumb as she considered any quiet places around herself. Of course, there was no way she could've known better. She'd only been at the school for around a week. She could only have imagined how Magic had been around. "The dorm rooms are nice," she agreed. "But it's dull being cooped up there all the time." The Spring dorms were polite and quiet, but perhaps too much so sometimes. It was both a blessing and a curse.

They did indeed seem to find a good quiet spot for the time being, even if she had to have ruined it for him somewhat, but he didn't seem to mind. "I guess I got lucky. It is pretty still in here, plus I got to meet you." The young woman shot him a small smile. It wasn't just flattery, it was honesty. She hadn't found many nice places around the school and it was nice to have someone new to talk to.

For a moment she was quiet, brushing her hair behind her ear. "This is going to be a weird question, but humor me, alright?" The girl muttered, avoiding his green gaze. "Do you like coffee or tea more?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 pm

He didn't think it got dull in his dorm, well he didn't exactly like going out and interacting with people especially if they were as loud as Aspen was. His dorm was nice and quiet, and it allowed him not to be bother for a while. That remained true, unless he skipped to many classes or something from being to tired to go to class.

Speaking of being tired, he was already tired, and he hadn't done a lot for the day except talk a bit with this girl, which she seemed to find some fun since she was still around. Slight surprise covered his face, and then vanished when she said she said something nice about meeting him. That was a bit of a first for him. "Thanks, I guess." He said rubbing the back of his head.

And then she went quiet for a moment. She said she was going to ask him a weird question, and when she did ask it, he didn't really find it weird. Her definition of weird and his were certainly different. "Hmm.." He had to think on that one. Both were good, and he didn't drink enough of either to determine which he like better. Coffee though might give him a bit a boost if he drank it, so.. "Coffee."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 9:23 pm

She hadn't even gotten to the weirdest part yet. Or at least it seemed to be a weird thing to her after, it wasn't normally something you just threw at a person you just meant, but oh well. Dakota knew what she wanted and didn't mind so much going for it, even if it was a little embarrassing. She wanted to get to know him better. "Good choice," the young woman mused, leaning forward so she could get a better look of his face... which she hadn't been lying about, it was a very handsome face at that.

"Do you think we could meet for coffee tomorrow then at the cafe?" Dakota suggested lightly, sitting up a little straighter, hopefulness shimmering in her eyes. She knew her way to the little mocha shop at least. It might a little crowded, but he did think it was better when it was busier. The mind reader would just have to prepare before hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something New [Closed]   Something New [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something New [Closed]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next