Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Last Day [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9346

The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:02 pm

He just blinked at her sentence but wasn't going to press into it. "If there is something you want to do then just let me know.. Cause all I'm gonna do is sit here if there is nothing.." He said to her trying to pass off the question as well. Soon after he returned to his thoughts, and the thing that was bothering him.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10596

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:40 pm

"A-a-actually..." Lamia stammered off, not quite sure where she was going with this. Her eyes glanced off to the side as she played with her fingers restlessly, and she wasn't sure whether to blame it on her own stupidity or butterflies or whatever else was inside her, bubbling up in hopes of dominating her entire mind set. The silence kept draining on and on as she racked her brain to try and find the possibilities of how she should continue, but she was completely stumped. Between the first day, the second day, this morning, at the water park, just a few moments ago, and everything else, it made her feel all the more embarrassed to be stuck on something as trivial as... this.

She started rather vaguely, "Hehe, w-well... th-there k-k-kind of---" Slowly, she cut herself off when she saw that Magic's attention was elsewhere. Blinking for a few moments, blushing profusely that she was stupid enough not to notice, Lamia dismissed her own thoughts. That wouldn't have been a good idea to ask, anyway. He probably needs rest. Rest from having to help her for the last seventy two hours non-stop. God, she was just a hindrance in the end to everyone, pulling them down to the lowest of low. "I-Is s-s-something wr-wrong...?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:47 am

"Hm?" He paused, "Oh there is nothing wrong. What was it you were about to say? If there is something you would like to do we can go do it." He said standing up. He needed a distraction anyway.. He needed to be taken away from his thoughts. All he knew was that she didn't need to know what was wrong at this moment in time he would tell her later.. yeah.. later..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 pm

"L-liar. Wh-why c-can't you t-t-tell me...?"

The words had subconsciously slipped out of her, and the moment she realized what she said, her face was aflame. Why was she always so stupid? If he said nothing was wrong, then that must mean that was the case, right? Then why...? Why did she feel like something was suddenly off? What's worse - how could she expect him to tell her anything if she couldn't - wouldn't - return the favor? Magic wasn't that distracted normally. Lamia shook her head, "N-n-never mind... I-I-It's nothing i-important. I-It can w-wait." She was bringing this upon herself, the possibility for a silence where neither of them wanted to talk. Yeah. Rosebury had decent gift wraps, didn't it? It could definitely wait. There probably wasn't some store with wraps and ribbons just lying around in an airport. Definitely not. How stupid of her to think so in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 pm

She was calling him a liar? He was the liar? He bite his lip, biting back a reply. If he replied it would be something harsh, and it would probably hurt her feelings like he did twice today. He didn't want to hurt her but he was so used to replying with harsh words when he got angry. God he really needed to get out of here.. His old personality was showing too much..

The boy let go of the breath he didn't realize he was holding back. Slow breathing soon followed as he calmed himself down. He wasn't going to reply to her. Unlike Lamia and how she tried to pass stuff off, he just completely ignored it like he didn't hear it. It happened a lot whenever he talked with his mom. He never told her about his super hearing so she didn't know that he heard everything she ever said. The boy let a sigh escape. He sat back down in his chair. He was ready to leave..

Vincent listened to the two as they talked back and forth. Though he didn't have as good of hearing as Magic he still knew what they were saying. It seemed like he was absorbed into his phone but he actually wasn't. After the whole liar ordeal, Vince glanced at his brother. The younger sibling noticed that he had ignored it, which usually meant he was lying. Sometimes it didn't but most of the time it did. It was also how he acted when he felt like he was being scolded. The younger brother couldn't help but sigh as well. Those two cared for each other more than they realized.. They just wouldn't help one another.. The pyromancer made a note to keep an eye on his brother when he could. The younger brother knew there was something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Her head lowered and her chest felt constricted by a snake coiling around, over and over again, trying to crush her and make her suffocate. Mulling over her words, she traced the heel of her foot on the ground, mumbling, "I-I'm s-s-sorry... I-I sh-shouldn't have... th-that was..." As her voice trailed off, Lamia bit her lip. It shouldn't be this hard to say sorry. It shouldn't be. If there was one thing she didn't have any trouble with, it had to be apologizing. So why? Too hard to think, goddamn her head was throbbing without a single explanation and her cheeks were red and she still couldn't figure out why. Swallowing down her anxiety, gold eyes focused down onto the floor, watching and listening to every step pass by, thundering the ground in their own storm.

Softly, she finished her sentence as soon as Magic sat down, "I-It was u-uncalled f-f-for... Th-that w-w-wasn't fair o-of me t-t-to ask o-of y-you..." Unfair was right. What authority or right did she have to even be talking to him, let alone be on the vacation here with him? How could he ignore everything and just pretend there wasn't anything happening? He didn't try to push it to the side... he didn't try to fight back. He just pulled the words in and never let them back out. How come he didn't try to pass it off as nothing? Because you're different.

Of course. Magic was stronger than she'd ever be. Her methods were for the weak and timid, constantly cowering behind someone else like a mouse. She couldn't do anything on her own. But she didn't want anyone worrying over her... It was always better to lie than make them try and come up with their own solutions. Lamia couldn't do that with Magic. He'd hear it seething through with her tone. If maybe... Just maybe... if she couldn't speak, would he stop caring about her for once and just believe that what he thought was a big deal was nothing?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 6:41 pm

Magic didn't bother to look at her. "It's fine." Even though he took the words and didn't retaliate, it was still pretty bad of him to do. Taking in things, and not letting them back out would have a bad effect on him eventually. Eventually it would all come out and hurt him, and others in the end. Yet he did it anyway. He would rather try to deal with it all on his own then say anything about it. It was his mind. He needed to fix it. There wasn't much Aspen, Barry, Vincent, Laine or Lamia could do. Or so he thought. In his mind he thought he hadn't changed much. To him it all seemed like a futile effort.

Where as Laine, and Vincent saw someone who was trying to change, trying their best not to hurt anyone unless he was required too. Being polite and kind instead being sarcastic, and cold. Though he could still be all of those things.

Currently he was being cold and distant because of what was going on in his mind.. The boy let out a sigh. That was another thing he did a lot. It kind of stuck with him throughout his life. He should break the habit of doing it, but he was to focused on trying to change his personality.

The boy as he sat in his chair looked like he was lost in thought, and distant from everything, but he was actually listening to everything around him. The shuffle of papers, the thudding of feet, the people talking softly, the people talking loudly, children crying in the distance, suitcase wheels scrapping the floor as people rushed to their place. This was normal. This is something he heard on a daily basis. Sometimes it was over bearing.. this was one of those times..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:07 pm

What had gotten into her?

That was the only thing she could think about. Her fingers clenched together at her chest, and she couldn't do anything but stare at the ground. There wasn't any warmth emitting from the touch of her skin, and everything felt numb for just a few seconds. But, that didn't matter. No, she was mentally beating herself up for that - why couldn't she do anything right? All she did was add to his problems and burdens, adding onto everything bottling up inside, waiting to overfill and burst, shattering like glass - delicate and fragile. Nothing could go smoothly with her around. She shouldn't had let her guard down; that was a foolish and stupid move all on its own. Her own patheticness was bound to come up eventually. Her own self-centered nature.

Why couldn't she change? Why did she suddenly matter to someone else?

Hesitantly, her eyes moved towards Magic, and she regretted it. He was distracted, annoyed, and everything about his features betrayed suffering. The blank look that glazed over, intently trying to drive something else away to the way he couldn't relax, restless because of something. Something... Everything around them, filtering in and out like sand in an hourglass, pulling down to one side until it was too much to handle. Fuck. How did she forget about his enhanced hearing? Dammitdammitdammit. She didn't have her MP3 player on her after their frantic escape from the restaurant on day one. It was left on the table with the menus, lost without an owner to hold onto it by a leash, far away in a distant place she wouldn't be able to reach.

Lamia tore her gaze away from him, letting them drift towards the colorful stores painting the airport with every shade and hue imaginable. Her hand reached for her bag, and digging through the contents, she found her emergency money. $450 in complete cash, slightly wrinkled and crumpled of old age, all earned and saved up from the café. If she spent it now, that'd ruin her plans for later, but what was the point of a future if she couldn't help the person in front of her? She'd just have to work twice as hard when they got back without him noticing what she was doing.

"I-I'll... Uhm... Be r-r-right b-back..." It was vague, without a hint as to where she was going or what she had been planning. Lamia wasn't sure if she had done this on purpose or if the voice in her head directed her to this direction, the guidelines shaky and the immediate response all a blur.

Taking a deep breath, she took off down the corridor, and turning the corner. I'm sorry for adding onto the noise... were the first words to uncover themselves from her mind as her footsteps sounded against the floor, slowing down once she was a good distance away. How much time did she have until their flight was up? No, who cares about that right now? Her lips thinned as her walk halted in front of a store, catching her breath as her heart began to pound against her chest. What if Magic was just listening in to the plane, bringing its feet to the ground and rumbling after a spin in the air? Goddammit. Why didn't she think of that before? Stupid.... Stupidstupidstupidstupid... Lamia wanted to believe that that was the only reason for the pain that stretched across him, but she knew, somehow, that there was something bothering him. It was a neon sign plastered on Magic; maybe she'd gotten decent at being able to read other people through the way they moved or what their eyes said.

Her mother always told her that the eyes betrayed the truth and were the pathways to someone's soul. If she could read their eyes, then she could find out everything about a person. How naive she was to think she could one day accomplish such a feat...

And it finally occurred to her: she was tired, but she couldn't feel the aching in her body or the constriction around her heart. Her breathing was rapid, but she didn't know why. It only lasted a few moments until everything came pummeling down like a heavy shower of rain bombarding the patterned roofs of a shelter, leaking their way through every nook and cranny.

Lamia shook her head with a soft sigh. It was probably nothing... Just an after-effect of the alcohol that she was tricked into drinking. Her mind drifted into the clouds as she wandered aimlessly about through the alleyways of this miniature town, and she was only half-aware of what each shop was focusing on, and to any average person, she looked like a lost child. People were shooting advertisements, blaring into their megahorns as they tried to rival the ostentatious display of their competitors. Plushies, T-shirts, souvenirs, mix bags, and all of that other junk she couldn’t care less about. Was there even a store that sold music devices around here?

Mindlessly, she bumped into someone else, and Lamia recoiled back, clenching her eyes closed. ”I-I-I’m s-so s-s-sorry…! I-I w-wasn’t l-looking a-and…” She was cut off by the person she had run into.

”Oh, so she was right. You three are here.” Immediately, fear trembled through her body, crawling down her spine through chills, and she took a step back, the voice ringing through her head. It was familiar, but different. More passive. More natural. More… apathetic. ”I’m not here to hurt you. Your friend did enough damage to me when you were knocked out. It’s a waste of energy if I am unable to finish the fight quickly, in the end.” Wait, what? Lamia blinked her eyes open, lifting her head up to get a good glance at Warren.

It was definitely him, dressed completely in black, save for the red tie and few ornaments. In his hand was a mask and… was that her MP3? Warren brought his hand up, placing the mask over his eyes as it concealed the upper half of his face, obscure black bangs blocking his right eye. He held the electronic device out to her, breathing out softly, ”Take it.”

”Wh-why…? H-h-how d-did you…?” A wave of questions washed over her, and Lamia believed it was some trick again. But… how could she doubt someone else when she never did anything honest? ”I-I’m s-s-sorr---”

”Don’t apologize. You didn’t do anything wrong,” Warren cut her off, his voice distant and monotone as his finger touched her lip, completely silencing her. Lamia felt her face grow red, and she inched away awkwardly. ”I thought it would be best to bring a token if I were to come and tell you something your gift.”

Something? About her gift? With a bit of reluctance, Lamia took the MP3 back, carefully inspecting it to make sure there wasn’t some sort of bomb or other dangerous object attached to it. She took a deep breath, and mumbled, ”I-I kn-kn-know e-enough a-about… wh-what I…” Her voice trailed off, and she couldn’t help but glance down at the ground, shuffling her feet.

”I recommend you watch how much time you spend on others. That is the least I can say to award your friend for managing to damage me so heavily.”

Without another word, Warren turned away and walked off. What the hell were his motives there? What exactly happened when she was knocked out? What a fucking brief conversation and he was being vague on purpose; actually, of course he was… he was supposed to be the… enemy, right? I hate this. But… he wasn’t that bad of a guy in the end, was he? No, Magic and the others judged him too soon. Everyone has a reason to do something in this world, and no one was truly born evil. Or at least she thought. This could all just be a ruse to mislead her.

And that was what Warren was doing. Reverse psychology at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.

As she began to retrace her steps, Lamia couldn’t think. How much time she spent? It wasn’t like she used her gift at all, save for healing everyone when necessary. She knew how to keep track of her storage, just fine. The only negative side effects were possible light-headedness, fainting, or a coma on the more extreme instances. There wasn’t anything bad if she used it more than normal… she knew how to control it enough that death wouldn’t drop like a cinder block right on top of her without notice. It wasn’t like she didn’t know what she was doing. So how does he know more than she does about her own gift? I know what I'm doing... Was that her defiance to his words or her own way of reassuring herself? Lamia didn't even know.

It took only a few more moments to reach Magic, and when she stopped in front of him awkwardly, Lamia held out her MP3 player with both hands, the earphones coiled around like a snake. She couldn’t understand what it would be like to have super hearing, but… that couldn’t stop her from trying to help.

A tiny smile crossed her features, and she softly whispered, ”I-I’m s-s-sorry f-for leaving… I-I j-just… th-thought… I-I-I sh-should…” Should look around, you fucking moron. Her breath was hitched in her throat, and she couldn’t get the words out, twisting the ball of her foot into the ground. She was distracted. Her hands could barely comprehend that there was something on them like cotton grazing skin, and her eyes wandered back to the corridor she took.

Hopefully Magic forgot that she left her player back at the restaurant and assumed that she had kept it in her bag… And if he asked her where she went, she could just lie her way through it again, like every other time.

Twenty five minutes. She was gone for that long? It barely felt like a minute ago that she was talking to Warren. She was lucky she didn’t faint back there.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:19 pm

Magic heard it. He heard it all. From the loud roar of the planes to Lamia and Warren talking in the background though it was hard to hear, he still heard it. Once Lamia had returned, he didn't bother to look at the girl or look at the music player in her hand. "He tried to kill you, you know.." He said to her not mention the fact that he had learned that her gift had to do with time, and spending it on others. They needed to be quieter if they didn't want him to hear.

The memories of this morning flashed in his mind. The knife to her neck.. so close to being killed.. So many mistakes.. One mistake could have cost him her life.. He closed his eyes for a moment.. then opened them again. He was so close to killing everyone.. That was what Warren wanted.. He felt like that was what Warren wanted anyway.. If he was pushed a little more then he would have been set off.. He would have caused somethings to collapse.. and who knows what would have happened after that.. If he let his gift go to far.. Instead he managed to channel his anger into emitting sound waves in the human body through all of that flesh and liquid. Warren deserved it. He deserved every bit of it.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:15 pm

She didn't know what to say or what to expect from their sudden turn in conversation. Out of the events that transpired throughout their time together. Just the two of them. So what if she almost died? What if she was drugged? It didn't matter. Her well-being, her existence, her life. None of that should ever matter to someone else, to anyone else, to her. There were billions of people out there in the world who could achieve amazing feats, who were more interesting, who were exciting to be around, who were able to be leaders and socialize. People got tired of her constant stuttering. Her blandness. How clingy she was. How self-centered she was. She got tired of herself every day. Death would've been welcoming and she'd finally be out of everyone's lives. She'd finally stop being a burden.

Maybe he would've fought every step of the way - he probably did - to prevent her from ending her life. And in the end, he would wonder why he held back. If she died, maybe he would be depressed for awhile. But then he would move on, like everyone else, and forget about her. It was likely to happen one day. He would wonder why he didn't break ties with her when she gave him the chance. He would wonder why he didn't try to find a more adventurous life with interesting and exotic people who could fulfill his needs and help him break out of his shell. He would wonder why he didn't kill her himself.

It was stupidly naive of her to let her guard down. And it was so like her to ignore all the warning signs that kept pointing towards a fairy tale that only existed in her dreams. Lamia thought that it was just her changing from her cynical ways and bringing her hopes up that someone could finally understand her. She regretted every bit of it. She had always been afraid of hoping. And she knew why now.

Lamia just nodded, a smile creeping its way up her face, drawing her arms close and hugging them across her chest. ”W-well… w-w-would you… uhm…” Should she say it? Would it be worth it in the end? ”I-I d-d-don’t th-think th-that’s a r-r-reason… t-to d-dislike him…”

To dislike him? No, Magic didn’t dislike Warren. He hated him because he tried to kill her. But what if it was something else? What if he had kidnapped her? Raped her? Drowned her? Would it be the same reaction or would it be worse? Would he have bothered to care if someone told him that she had died but there was no body to be found?

Would he try and find her anyway? Find the useless girl who managed to keep bringing bad luck and misfortunes to him in every direction he turned?
She wasn’t worth the effort.

He had to mention that Warren tried to kill her.

What about what she did? Would he hate her like everyone else who knew her for what she had done? Who she had killed? Why she had done it? Magic was smart enough… He should be able to put two and two together. From her name, to the necklace, to her nightmares, to the way she acted, to the way she spoke. It was subtle yet completely obvious. She didn’t hide it that well. She just put in enough effort that nobody cared all that much or were satisfied with her answers. She was shy enough that people could assume that she felt uncomfortable talking about, that it was hard to get anything out of her, that it was hard to get to know her. After all, she was just the prefect everyone knew the name of, but didn’t know anything about. She was one of those people.

”I-I-It’s n-n-nothing to w-worry about… E-Everyone h-h-has their r-reasons f-for doing s-something…” Her voice was scarcely softer than a whisper in the buzzing crowd around them, like bees flocking by a stack of flowers to find as much honey as possible, trying to threaten one another off. ”Y-You d-don’t h-have to g-get s-s-so… w-worked up o-over m-me.” It’s not like I can’t protect myself. Lamia bit back those words. If she said that, it was more than likely she’d hurt his feelings. And everything would be worse off. Was what she saying now even alright? She’d only hope to… It was better this way.

She took a deep breath, clenching her eyes closed as she tried to spill the words out. Magic would hate her for this. He would. ”Y-You sh-sh-shouldn’t have a-attacked h-h-him in r-return.” That was as eloquently as she could put it right now. A simple task like speaking was hard for her as well. She couldn’t do anything right in the end. Nothing good came when she was around someone else.

”D-Don’t h-h-hurt s-someone else f-f-for m-my s-s-sake… pl-please.”

Everything seemed to enclose around her, trapping her in between walls that she couldn’t see. Like it was suffocating, the light crushing against her very being. Magic was supposed her friend… but she couldn’t see it lasting. Not if her trivial life mattered to him.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:02 am

Don't hurt someone else? Shouldn't have attacked him? Don't worry about her? The fuck was she talking about? Hands curled into fist trying not to respond violently. Do no respond violently. Don't attack.. Don't do anything.. Calm down.. Calm down.. Calm down.. The boy closed his eyes as he tried to calm himself down.. He needed to be calm.. Nope is wasn't working. He stood up in a single moment despite how tired he was, the ground beneath them shaking a little. "What was I supposed to do? Let him kill you? Let him take you away? Let him do whatever he wanted with you? Like hell that was going to happen!" He said not caring how loud his voice was, or how who was around while he cursed. He sounded so frustrated.

"No that is a reason to dislike him. It's a reason to hate his guts as well.. He tried to kill one of my friends... he tried to kill you.." I was just defending you.. and myself.. He thought to himself.. If she was taken from him.. He didn't even want to think about what would happen to him.. He panicked already when Warren tried to take her.. he got angry when he held that knife to her neck making her bleed slightly.. He hated the memories.... He absolutely hated them.. He should have acted sooner.. He should have done something.. He shouldn't have just immediately got out like he did.. He put her in danger.

Becoming frustrated with himself, and becoming more angrier by the second. How could she defend that guy? Instead of appreciating what Mason had done. Here she was basically scolding him for helping her. The ground rumble slightly again. He clenched his teeth. "Don't go throwing you life away like no one would care! Because I care and that's not going to change! There are a couple people you would hurt if you disappeared.." He said the last part a bit softly.. The winter boy was seething with anger, despite the tone of voice he just used.. the ground shook again..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 5:25 pm

"I-I-It's b-better i-i-if I-I'm the o-only one h-hurt...!"

Lamia shot back, her voice raising only slight above her normal volume, and immediately, her hand shot up to cover her mouth. Her eyes fell to the ground, knowing full well that what she said was going to make everything worse. She couldn't do anything right at all, could she? "I-I'm n-n-not tr-trying to... d-die..." What was his problem? What the hell had gotten into him? This wasn't something they had thought about discussing before, or ever. Why was it that when they talked, it always had to be about her? She had fucking messed up big time. She didn't know what to say. Not like she ever did. So she let the first thing that passed through her lips out without question, "Y-You d-d-don't kn-know what W-Warren c-could do... I-If s-s-something w-went wrong..." The arms around her chest hugged themselves closer.

She felt guilty all over again. His words were driving a stake through her heart, and slowly, she tore her gaze up from the floor, unsure whether to take a step back, step forward, or whether she should cry or... or what? Lamia swallowed her anxiety, her thoughts stirring. What was she supposed to do now? How should she follow up on her previous words? At first, she thought about biting back - Why do you even care? -, but that would only make everything chaotic from now. This was going to end badly. And she hated that feeling. She hated the feeling that everything went wrong. She wanted to pin the blame somewhere else, but the more she thought about it, this 'accident' was completely her fault. Anytime anything was an accident, it was because she was there.

The ground was shaking. Was it? She couldn't tell. The only thing that she knew was her vision was quivering. "I-If s-s-something w-went wrong..." Lamia took a deep breath, her bangs obscuring her vision. "I-It w-w-would b-be better... I-If I-I'm th-the o-only one... wh-who d-died."

A small giggle bubbled up her throat, sweet as a bell. "Y-you'd f-f-forget me a-and move o-on a-a-after awhile..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Vincent had listened to the whole thing. Even he was getting tense listening to this. Magic was right in attacking Warren. He was right in doing what he did to help Lamia. At least in Vince's opinion. Magic really like Lamia, and didn't want to lose her. The Pyromancer saw that, while Lamia thought she was a burden on everyone... and deserved everything she got when she didn't.. When he heard her last words on her recent input his eyes widened a little bit.. Magic was caused the ground to rumble.. He had remembered it from when he almost made the school collapse that one day...

"Shit..." The summer boy quickly stood up and moved between the two. He looked over to Lamia, eyes pleading for her to take it back. He whispered to her even though he knew his brother would hear him. "Take it back.. please.. take it all back." He pleaded to her. The boy then turned to Magic. "She didn't mean any of it Magic, calm down please. Once we get home you can punch on that punching bag or go play the piano. Think of grandma or anything happy please." Vincent's voice sounded fearful, for he knew what was about to come if something didn't stop his brother soon.

It was too late for calming down though. Magic was very upset. Each word the girl spoke only angered him more. She shouldn't be afraid of Warren. Warren was weak.. She should be more concerned about what would happen with Magic if something went wrong.. and something was about to go wrong. This whole situation was wrong, and about to end up bad for the trio.

Hands that were curled in to fists opened into tensed hands then closed back into fists. It was like Mason couldn't decide what he wanted to do with his hands. He just sat and listened to her words. It sickened him that she thought so lowly of herself.. But who was he to talk seeing how he hated himself sometimes? Thought he was worthless... but he never tried to throw his life away! He never decided it would be best if he died if something went wrong! Her sweet as a bell giggle sent the winter boy over the edge. There was no way in hell he would ever forget her.

Vincent's attempt to calm Mason down were in vain. All of it was in vain. It was like Magic couldn't even hear his brother's words, well up until he mentioned Grandma.. Which only made it worse... It was probably his fault that she died. He never stopped her from going out that night. He could have.. He stopped her slightly to let her hear his song.. but she insisted that she needed to get to the store so that way they could have a good meal, but she never returned.. She never did.. It was his fault... If only he hadn't stopped her.. or if only he had.. then she wouldn't have gotten into that car accident with that drunk driver.. It was his fault... he was such an idiot.. he should have been more careful...

One of his legs lifted slightly, then his foot slammed back onto the ground.. but that was just enough for his power to shift into overdrive. With what energy it had left, massive silent sound waves where emitted into the ground from the boy. This time loud rumbles could be heard before the ground itself started to shake. Eventually the power grew, and the whole building started to shake, and lights started to flicker. Vincent looked around terrified at what was happening. He quickly grabbed Lamia's arm, and pulled her to a safe spot with him leaving Magic in his spot.

Terrified voices could be heard throughout the building. Some people said it was alright and that it would pass soon. Some people stayed, and others fled the building. Others tried to collect their things before they left. Cracks started forming up along the walls, pieces of ceiling started to fall and thats when people actually started to panic. All of their voices reached Magic's ears but nothing could stop it now. Nothing could stop him now. It was all going to collapse, Magic realized this and stayed in his spot.. He didn't care..

Soon enough supports gave way, one by one they all cracked, and fell leaving the building in ruins, and rubble. A cloud of dust spreading across the area. Some of the ruins damage near by planes. People standing terrified on the outside of where the building once stood, screams of pain or terror filled the air as people were in pain from being crushed or trapped inside a case of rubble. Children could be heard crying as well..

Magic had realized what he had done at the last second and recollected control of his gift, but it was too late to stop the building from falling. He was only fast enough to prevent himself, Vincent, and Lamia from being crushed by using sound to split the large chunks into smaller pieces that would only leave cuts, and bruises and what not. There Magic stood with no emotion on his face, blood pouring from the couple cuts on his face, and arms and marks where pieces of rubble hit him.

Vincent covered Lamia from the falling rubble even though she had just said if something went wrong she should be the one to die, but he didn't care. He was going to protect her for his brother. He was prepared for it. Prepared to be speared or crushed. As soon as the world started going dark from the place starting to collapse and pieces starting to fall, the boy closed his eyes expecting the end. Once everything got quiet he opened his eyes again, and saw light. He looked around and saw the ruins of what once was an airport. metal rods where sticking out, concrete sat in large chunks.. He looked up and saw his brother standing there with damage from the ruins of the building. He was kind of shocked to see no emotion on the boys face..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Take it back? Why? It was the truth. It's what happened to everyone. They would lose a friend or family member but eventually move on and forget them. She was easier to forget, with her nature and complete uselessness. In fact, it'd be better if they couldn't remember who she was. It'd only bring back bad memories. A sad truth and she wasn't going to say sorry and tell them that she was just joking or anything along those lines. It wasn't a joke. It wasn't a fucking joke. She meant every word of it. Because in the end, it's what's best. What would be best for everyone else.

They wouldn't have to deal with every mistake she made, every accident she caused, every person she hurt. Didn't mean it? Was he messing with her in this sick game of life? A tiny smile crept its way up her face, and she didn't respond. Her eyes were glued to the floor, a tear trickling down her cheek, as she listened. She was causing them more trouble than it was worth, wasn't she? This wasn't fair to them. Avoiding all of the signs that would foreshadow something like this. Hope wasn't something that was meant for her. There were other people out there who were more valuable and precise to others than her; she was just another eyesore in the end. How did they become her friends in the first place?

It was just another trick that fate played on her in the end. That was how it always was in the end.

Lamia bit her lip, the ball of her foot digging into the ground as it began trembling, like an earthquake. Was it shaking? Or was it just her own form quivering from her anxiety? She didn't know. Cracks began rising from the floor, snaking their way through every inch and step of the way there, and rubble crushed itself from underneath her heel. Oh, so it was falling. Glass shattered from the windows, raining down into the concrete. Lamia stood there, still as a statue, as if the slightest motion would cause everything to break apart further. How could she had been so stupid? She had been a fucking idiot this entire time. Such a fucking moron.

Crack!

If she stayed there, it'd all be over. Or so she thought. A sudden jerking motion slipped her away, and she was pulled to the side, her eyes widening in surprise, and her mouth opened to say something, but the words were stuck in her throat. When she looked at the person who had made her move, Lamia bit her lip. Why had he...? He knew what she was doing. He should've just let it go through. If she could just force herself out of their lives, she would've done it. But Vincent decided otherwise for her. His grip around her wrist was so tight that she couldn't break free, couldn't get away. Her skin turned a shade paler, and immediately, her expression darkened.

Dust clouds scattered all across the floor, fogging the area with debris, and she could hear sirens and screams. All of those screams of people in pain, shocked, terrified. She couldn't see anything happening as Vincent blocked everything for her. What the hell had she been thinking? She should've known this would happen. People were going to get hurt... and it was her fault. I made another selfish decision, didn't I? There she was, trying to get everything to end without taking into account the others. She really couldn't do anything right. Stupid... Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid... Why had she been so fucking stupid there?

As soon as everything seemed to stop shaking, Lamia slowly got to her feet, her hand grasping towards the air for a handhold she couldn't reach. Goddammit. The color almost completely drained away from her skin from the results. The loud roaring of the damage from before, the rubble crushing and trapping people from inside, the poles and supports completely destroyed. Everything was ruined like a city ravaged by an invasion. Like a town overtaken by fire. Like a home broken apart by murder and theft. The damage... The alarm ringing in her ears. The remnants.

Her eyes found Magic, completely broken apart and hurt. Blood and bruises welled up in various areas, red staining the floor around him. A blank expression had crossed his features, and Lamia was unsure whether she should step forward, step back, or do anything. Should she try to talk to him? Help him? Do anything else? Slowly, her feet decided for her as she moved closer. One hand reached out towards his shoulder, and it was scarcely a centimeter away from touching him, but she hesitated. Taking a shaky breath, her voice scarcely louder than a whisper, "I-I'm s-s-sorry..." That was the most she could say right now. Yellow glowed from underneath her touch, and a soothing relief could be felt as each wound washed itself away, without a trace.

17 years... She had enough to waste. How many people could've gotten killed because of what she tried to do?

Smoke still rose from the area, and the ground was unsteady. Lamia didn't care if it would collapse under her weight and drag her into the abyss right now. Staff members were all around, helping people out from under the wreckage, pulling others out unconscious with their bodies completely beaten and bloodied. Why had she spoke what was on her mind? This was what always happened if people found out how she felt. Her hand tightened itself into a fist, shaking, before she sprinted out there. This shouldn't have happened in the end. Her. Own. Stupid. Fucking. Fault.

Her hand tapped on one of the doctors who had come in from the emergency rooms in the airport, and he turned around from where he was working. "What do you want, kid? I need to help someone else." His eyes examined her and there didn't appear to be a single scratch. "Get lost - there are other people hurt."

"Pl-please... l-l-let me h-help."

"What can you do? You hardly look qualified to be in high school."

Without another word, Lamia got onto her knees, and glanced at the patient. They had taken off his shirt to examine the damage better, but blood covered each and every part of his skin, and there was a giant bruise across his stomach. Her hand hovered over him, the familiar yellow light emitting from it as she focused on recovering the wound. "Hey kid! What are you---"

The doctor stopped talking once he saw. Every piece of flesh that was ripped had seamed its way back together and there wasn't a splatter of red anywhere. Holding back a cough, Lamia mentally counted to ten, controlling her breathing. If she shot off a month for every person, she could be able to heal enough until the ambulances came. She could waste at least three years without passing out. "How did you--- Never mind, come with me." The doctor got up, and gestured her to follow.

Magic probably knew what she was doing. He would probably try and stop her, but... This whole accident was her fault. She tried to do something pathetically selfish again. As she was lead to a cluster of people gathered up on makeshift cots, Lamia couldn't suppress the tiniest of gasps, horrified. There were people with shards completely caught in their skin, and others who had practically been impaled. This damage... "If you can do that, please help those who are most injured until the ambulances come."

"I-I-I'll do wh-what I c-c-can t-to help..."

"Good. I'll tell the others you're here."

There were some people she managed to make conversation with, as she healed them. And there were others she managed to snap out of their coma. Even more who were on the brink of death and she recovered them to full health. Each one zapped her energy away, and it had been a struggle to walk from each and every person. Her legs had become numb, and had snapped like lead as she reached another person. Her heart was racing inside her chest, pounding loudly. Goddammit, she couldn't faint right now.

"Are you alright?"

"I-I-I'm f-f-fine."

"If you're tired, you can take a break. You've helped more than necessary."

"N-no, I-I c-can... k-keep... g-going."

"No way. You need to stop for awhile."

The nurse she had been talking to had quickly called someone over and without any argument, they had someone help her to a wall to rest on. Beside her, there were doctors trying to save a child. Innocents were hurt. She couldn't just stop like this... No. Her mind flashed back to years before, dead bodies lined with stringy hair, blood pooling from underneath them as cuts lined their flesh like it had always been a part of them. Lamia clenched her eyes closed, before turning to the unconscious child, and she used her power again.

This time she couldn't stop coughing, her body feeling weak from the overexertion of energy and time that left it. She couldn't feel her hands anymore. She couldn't feel her body. She couldn't feel the cold breeze that blew in every moment, sending chills down everyone else's back. She couldn't feel the warmth that emitted from others. At first, it had only come in bursts every now and then and she would regain her senses. The child woke up without an injury on her, and had grabbed her hand with a smile, "Did you save me?"

She couldn't feel it. Lamia's eyes widened in surprise for a few moments, before a soft smile stretched across her lips. "I-I g-g-guess..."

"Thank you!" The child got up, sprinting towards her parents, people Lamia had helped only a few moments ago before she was forced to rest. Her fingers curled together into a fist, and reopened. She couldn't feel it. My sense of touch... This was what Warren was talking about, wasn't he? Spending too much time on others. The consequences that came with it.

Nobody would find it out, though. In an instant, she could feel everything around her again, and slowly, she got up. Thirty three months thrown away like candy. It was happening in short bursts, but... it'd become permanent eventually, wouldn't it?

It's the price to pay for causing everyone else grief.

"Can we get your help over here?"

"O-O-Of c-course...!"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:38 pm

God dammit.. God Dammit! She had fucking healed him again! Why couldn't she just let him fuckin suffer? She still healed him after he caused all of this mess all these injured people, all these dead people. He looked down to the ground. Under some rubble in front of him a person's arm stuck out. Blood seeping from underneath. Gray-green eyes studied the unmoving arm and the bloody pool it sat in. He had done this. He could have stopped himself but he didn't. He had finally killed people.. made his worst fear come true... His eye twitched slightly. How many people had he killed? He could help but wonder. The gray sky soon gave way to a small amount of rain. It wasn't anything to bad just a light rain that started to wash things away.

A frustrated noise left Mason. He wanted to deal with the pain and cuts, but she wouldn't let him.. She wouldn't let him suffer.. Magic ignored his brother who stood a bit ways from him. The winter decided to go somewhere else that wasn't exactly standing in rubble.. but it was going to be hard. The boy started moving around in the piles of broken pieces, making sure it was steady and can hold his wait before he stood on it. He moved around notice bodies here in there.. eight so far.. there was bound to be more.. He had killed eight people..

Magic wasn't paying attention to where he was going his eyes were locked on something else. When he took another step the piece he was stepping on gave way sending the boy tumbling down into a pit where some people where trapped. His fall earned him some new bruises and cuts. Hopefully Lamia wouldn't try and heal those.. if she did he would stop her. The boy sat up with a sigh, and thats when he noticed the four people who sat down beneath the slabs of concrete and stuff. "There is a way out now.. There are some doctors out there, go see them.." He said to them. The four people nodded in response, walked past him and climbed out. Magic was going to follow them but he decided it would be best if he stayed down here for a while. So Lamia wouldn't notice his new cuts, and bruises..

Mason leaned against a piece of concrete careful to make sure it didn't shift if he leaned against it. The boy brought his knees to his chest. He was a fucking failure.. He failed to change even now all he did was hurt people.. Except this time he had managed to kill people the one thing he wanted to avoid. The one thing that went against his morals very strongly.. Well his morals for him.. He didn't care what other people did, unless it was his gang then they were immediately kicked out..

He finally fulfilled his worst nightmare.. He became the monster that his mother saw.. and that his brother saw occasionally.. Vincent tried to stop him.. and make him calm down.. but he didn't listen .. He was so frustrated, so angry.. He couldn't stop it.. No.. He didn't bother to listen or try to stop it... He just kept working himself up with his thoughts because he was an idiot.. He was a stupid fucking idiot...

Vincent stood a bit terrified of the damage his brother caused. He watched his brother walked away from the area he was standing in. The younger brother tried to follow but he soon lost track of the boy. Eventually he saw four people heading towards him. They asked about the doctors and the summer pointed them in the direction of the healing stations. He let out a sigh, and looked around a little more..

He didn't see his brother at all... Vince knew he was still around he for he had wondered deeper into the wreckage, instead of away from it.. He didn't know what to do. With a sigh the pyromancer walked over to the doctors area. He brightened up a little bit when he saw Lamia. "Lamia! I can't find Magic anywhere." He said to her hoping that caught her attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Day [CLOSED]
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next