Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Last Day [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9382

The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 pm

He shouldn't have said anything about the necklace.. He really did appreciate it. He loved the gift in fact. But what Lamia saw as not much Magic saw as a lot. He never really got much. While Laine did help him learn how to fight, it was him who made the gang, it was him that got into a bunch of trouble. He was the one that made his life before the academy. Laine just kind of went along with him, mostly giving some encouragement. Laine might have been significant in Magic's mind, but Lamia was significant as well. She was the only one who was able to stop him in one of his moments. She was the first one who tried to help him when she could have walked away. Lamia was up there in his list of significant people, probably tied with Laine.

A frown appeared on his face as the girl started coughing again. "We should head inside.." He said to her. She didn't need to be coughing like that, even if she considered it selfish that she made them go inside. Or that it was somehow unfair for him to be concerned for her. No matter what had happened the winter would care for Lamia, or be concerned for her. And he only smoked occasionally. He wouldn't let himself smoke not matter how much he craved it, shortly after smoking. He would usually wait a couple months before even looking at a cigarette carton. He did drink, but the most he ever drank was beer, and that was rare too.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10632

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Fuck. She really couldn't hide it, could she? It was impossible for her to hold in a sound, something that her body forced her to do. Her legs collapsed like lead broken off from applying too much strength, only to leave the writer frustrated as they pushed the pencil to get more out. Stupid, fucking coughs. Both of her hands tried to muffle it, covering her mouth as the noise came out distorted. Goddammit, it burned. Lamia couldn't move, couldn't speak, and she wasn't sure how to feel about this. Worst off, she knew how this was going to play out in the back of her mind. Why did it hurt so much to move? Why did she have to be so weak? Fingers reached for the tip of her hood, pulling it over to overshadow her face further.

"W-we d-d-don't have t-to..." she muttered after a long silence, after she managed to stop her fit for just a few moments. Her voice sounded fragile, but you could hear the hint of desperation that was still left in it. Nobody was going to do anything for her unless they actually wanted to themselves. She didn't need the pity or sympathy. She didn't want it. Why couldn't people just leave her alone sometimes? A small smile came unbidden to her lips, and Lamia laughed under her breath in a hushed tone. "I-I'm s-s-sorry for a-always holding y-you b-b-back." She didn't deserve that sort of kindness or patience with what she required. Even if he did want to go back inside, she was petrified on the spot. So weak.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm

She wasn't gonna go inside unless he wanted to was she? The boy let out a sigh. He was gonna come up with a reason for her to go inside. The sun was getting above the horizon now. What time was it? How long had they been out here? They should go inside before people started coming out and seeing a shirtless dude on a hotel balcony. "Let's go inside. I need to put on a shirt anyway, and we need to plan out our last day here." He said to her. He didn't even bother to respond to her last statement. She never held him back at all.

The winter boy walked over, and picked up his bag. He dug inside it for a little bit before pulling out the carton of cigarettes and handing them to Lamia. "It would be best if you held onto these. Or hide them somewhere so that way I'm not tempted to smoke again.". He wasn't going to give her the lighter. As long as the cigarettes were kept away from him he should be good.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:19 pm

It was a bit more effort than it should've taken, but Lamia managed to stand up, her hands using whatever wall or railing she could get to support on.

There were many problems with her thought process or how she worked. As long as the person  could come up with a reason that doesn't involve helping her in any possible manner, she'd agree to it. Even if it was a trick or prank or wound up indirectly asking her to listen. Perhaps she was just too oblivious to notice this, because the moment Magic spoke up again, Lamia gave a small nod and smiled. It was why people called her a complete pushover and doormat - she was too easy to manipulate like a puppet. "O-of c-c-course...! Uhm... S-sorry..." When she looked back on what happened...

Magic didn't have his shirt on and they've been on the balcony together the whole time. She hadn't gotten close to him and didn't even bat an eyelid after getting the necklace on. That thought made her embarrassed and ashamed that she hadn't realized that. Too close. A little lost in the clouds, when Magic placed something in her hands as she followed him inside, Lamia blinked, tilting her side to the side with a look somewhere between befuddled and completely confused.

Glancing down at the box, everything pieced itself together. "S-s-sure, I-I can do th-that." It was simple enough... Yup, super easy. Shouldn't be any problems. And he kind of trusted her to do this. The only problem was her own goddamn curiosity at possible wanting to try it at one point. But she never voiced that out and continued to smile.

Smile as though she wasn't capable of breaking apart. Smile as though she had a care for everything in the world. Smile as though absolutely nothing could possibly be wrong with her.

Moving towards her half-opened bag, she tucked the carton deep inside.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 pm

It felt nice to be inside and not be exposed like he was. He was never really comfortable having his shirt off in front of others. If it was just him, or he was doing a lot of sparring and stuff then that was one thing. But being in front of Lamia, and in a hotel room, and some other things, made him a bit uncomfortable. He walked over to one of his bags sitting next to his bed, and pulled out a band t-shirt, and slipped it on. Much better. Now what? Oh yeah plans for the day..

"Is there anything you would like to do today? Any places you would like to visit? Or something?" He asked kind of unsure where to go, and he didn't know if there was something Lamia wanted to eat or a place she would like to visit. There flight was later this evening so that meant they would have other stuff to take care of so they couldn't be out too long. Also he wasn't too concerned with her being tempted to try a cigarette. He still had the lighter and that was hidden somewhere in his bag. All she had was the cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:47 pm

Lamia turned her head to look at him, smiling weakly at him, trying to think of some way - any possible way - to dump the question back onto him. It was selfish, but she wasn't sure about what she wanted to do. There were still acres upon acres of land they still haven't covered, from the endless stretching sky above them to the verdant dense forests with crystal-clear lakes with undisturbed surfaces to the art galleries with archives of paintings that nobody bothered remembering about to the pier off to the side with endless attractions that made Chicago well-known. Too much to do and so little time. Awkwardly, one hand gripped part of frontal bangs in deep thought. Whether it was to try and get him to decide or whether she wanted to make the decision herself, she wasn't really sure. If only she could see it all in one day.

Finally, she shook her head, replying softly, "I-I'm n-n-not really s-sure..." Sort of. She only had a tiny idea on what it could be, but the chances of actually saying anything about that would be zero to none. Lamia couldn't help it, though. It was in her nature. "Th-there's t-t-too much t-to pick fr-from... I-I sh-sh-shouldn't have f-fallen asleep y-yesterday at th-the... w-warehouse." Of course she shouldn't have. A complete waste of time doing absolutely nothing for a few hours. What time was it now? Her eyes glanced past him towards the clock.

6:13 AM. Were they outside for that long? That was hard to believe. Time passes by when you're having fun. Was that really fun? Or her just being happy? Ugh, figuring out your own emotions was hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:53 pm

She was right there was a bunch to pick from. He wasn't even to sure himself, and he lived here most of his life. "Even if you hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to do much seeing how I was being dragged a lot of places. Didn't really care for being dragged places.." He stated mostly to himself.. Maybe he should try a different approach but he might not get any luck just like normal. "Do you have a general idea of what you would like to do? Like go have fun, or go relax, or go be nostalgic or something? Cause if you can give me that then I can decided from there." Mason hoped for just a little bit of information, it would make the choosing process easier on him.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 11:19 pm

What she liked? Lamia never really thought about that, not ever since then. She simply went with the flow, playing passively until she was attacked, going with whatever everyone else wanted instead of choosing for herself. Once someone gave an opinion, she would immediately agree with it without a second thought. Maybe that was a bad idea... But all of her choices were rather terrible and badly concealed impending doom. Nervously, she clenched her eyes closed, trying to think about it for a few moments. I can't think of anything. Did she really disregard her own feelings that much? They were just as foreign to her as to anyone else.

"Hehe... I-I-I'm n-not r-really sure. S-s-sorry I-I c-can't help..." At least she was actually being honest to an extent here. While Lamia had a completely vague idea blurred in her mind on what they could possibly do, she wasn't sure what it exactly was... or if she would actually enjoy it or not. "I-Is th-there anywhere y-you h-haven't visited b-b-before...?" Maybe that would help. Probably not. The likeliness of him not visiting everything available since he lived in this very city was almost zero to none. Stupidstupidstupid...
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 am

There were a couple places he hadn't visited before. Navy pier being one of them but he wasn't sure if he wanted to go there. The small pier had amusement park rides and things, but it was also full of people, and screaming people. It would be hard on the boy's ears, and he wasn't to sure that Lamia wanted to go there because of all the people. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to go there and kill his ears, and fill his mind with so many conversations again. Man they were really in a bind. He would have to do some thinking on it. "It's fine Lamia.. Just having a hard time figure it out.."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Was it because she was being vague? Kind of useless here? They were on their last day - really ending this vacation soon - and they weren't going to come back for a long time. But really... what should they do first? Did they have enough time to go everywhere? Lamia wasn't sure. She felt uneasy, anxious, and trapped between the walls of an unknown cage, unable to break free, if even for a little while. Taking a deep breath, her hands ran through the bed covers, pulling them and holding them tight. "W-w-would it be... a b-bad idea t-t-to try and j-just... uhm... do everything?" Lamia muttered absentmindedly, immediately regretting the words once they slipped out. Stupid, freaking, stupid.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Well it wasn't a bad suggestion, but Magic didn't quite know what everything was. He didn't really have an idea in his head. He decided to think back.. to the time with his grandmother, and when they went places all the time. He remembered how she took them to a water park. It was a pretty great water park but he was too short to do any of the big stuff at the time. Maybe that's what they should do. "How about we go to a water park? I know of a good one, but Laine would have to go with us since he can drive, and I'm sure Vince would like to come along." He told the winter girl. He wasn't too concerned about Laine smoking in the car. Laine was considerate of people, and wouldn't do that to him or the others. They would probably just listen to music on the way to the water park. Magic would most likely fall asleep since car rides put him to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 5:54 pm

It wasn't that she didn't like swimming. Really, it was fun and she could actually swim decently without drowning mid-way through. The problem was... showing off skin. Self-conscious, awkward, and completely self-loathing. She wasn't pretty or attractive or had any actual appeal - in her opinion - and Lamia almost wanted to reject the offer just because of that. Worst off, the lack of exercise made her a little motion sick. How far off was this water park again? Forget about what you think. With an imperceptible nod, Lamia murmured, "S-sure, I-I d-d-don't mind." It would be bothersome if she said 'no'. Besides, if they wasted anymore time thinking about what to do, they'd be here all day.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 6:40 pm

It wasn't going to be that long of a trip. Only and hour at most to get there. And they weren't exactly taking any back roads to get there. They just had to follow a highway, get off an exit follow another road then they would get there. "I will text Laine, and Vince. Laine will take us to the airport after we get done at the park.. So we have to have everything packed up before we leave.." Magic said. It was like he knew what Laine's answer was already going to be. Honestly Laine probably needed a vacation away from the gang for a bit. He would just have to put the second in command in charge. Mason walked over to his bed and kind of flopped onto it. After waiting for a moment the boy picked his phone up off the nightstand and started texting his brother, and friend.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 9:59 pm

"O-o-okay...!"

The words had came out almost a little too forced, and it was a stupidly basic and easy answer. She constantly repeated things like a radio using one track list, overplayed a time or two. It was dumb, and the most eloquence she could place in one sentence was 'sorry'. Something as simple as speaking, she had to have trouble with. This was the world's way of handing her divine judgement on a silver platter, hot and salty as the aroma that rose from it only tempted her in more. She didn't know what she was thinking anymore, and maybe that's the only reason why she agreed in the end. Her lips thinned, and without a second thought, she began packing her things, trying to keep herself distracted in some way. Anything was fine as long as it did the job in the end.

Clothes... books... tools... whatever else. All of them were neatly organized and placed inside her bag and luggage. She never really packed much and they didn't wind up buying any souvenirs either. As long as that was the case, she should have enough room to put everything in its own place. Everything was just a dark void, being splattered with color as each item went in, and she couldn't help but glance back at Magic as he busied his fingers on his phone. Was there any real reason to ask Vince to come along...? Besides the fact that they were going to be heading to the airport. At least it would be less awkward now. Best of all, they might just forget she was there and not ask for her opinion on anything.

With Vince around, that shouldn't be a problem. The other boy was far more outgoing and open to speaking his thoughts than the both of them combined. She couldn't help but imagine how he would drag them around everywhere to try everything. Wait. Everything?

Oh god. No. Yes? Maybe? Why couldn't she pick?

Water attractions weren't all that bad, but... climbing stairs. The fucking stairs. It was a stupid thing to hate, but walking up each and every single goddamn step was an annoyance and unlike normal people, she couldn't exactly get up there without nearly falling down every five or so strides. Maybe they wouldn't mind if she just sort of sat out of everything. But that'd be selfish and then they'd ask what's wrong. And then they'd start worrying. Again. And she'd have to keep saying the same things over and over again until they stopped asking.

Why was this so much harder than it should be? If any of them asked her if she needed help, the answer would be no. Simple as that. Hopefully, anyway... And she was still tired. Freaking. Could she get sleep in the car? No. No matter where it was, she'd probably have the same dream again. How stupid. How absolutely stupid. She really wanted to rest, though.

Might as well take that chance. Without any second thoughts, she grabbed her swimsuit and went to go change, closing the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:02 pm

After getting a reply from both Laine, and his younger brother. The winter decided to pack up some stuff.. Both of them agreed to the plan, and were going to be at the hotel soon. Vince would probably show up before Laine would. It was about 7:41 am now.. They really spent a lot of time doing stuff. He needed to get up and do stuff but he was lazy. And the bed was really comfy. He decided to stay there for a moment..

Finally when he decided it was time to move the winter student, rolled off the side of the bed, and landed on the floor with a thud. It didn't really hurt.. He just kind of shook him a little bit. After staying on the floor for a moment, he stood, and started to pack up his things. Clothes and other things.. yeah he didn't have a lot stuff. Once he was done, he waited for Lamia to get out of the bathroom so he could go change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Day [CLOSED]
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next