Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Yin meets Yang {closed}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11259

Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 4:54 pm

"Its' fine!" Devin said, easily keeping in pace with his slow walking speed as he glanced at Leo with a smile. "I don't blame you, I felt rather angry at you first as well but since I was young I've had my father to teach me in hopes of controlling my gift." A laugh escaped from him as he shook his head. "He said that it came with some side effects and I would have to control myself at times, but I doubt he thought I would run into an angel! But I am sure that natural dislike is something that we can work past! After all, you are an angel, and I should have no reason to be angry at an angel but I was, clearly showing that it doesn't make much sense at all."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10085

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:33 pm

A real smile broke out on Leo's face as he laughed, whatever anger he had then vanished into mist. "I've never needed much help with my emotions. Usually, I'm usually smilely and all." Leo looked over at Devin, one eye closed in a wink. "I think we already have worked it out, Devin." He did come here to make enemies...nor friends either. But he'd much rather have a friend than an enemy. A friend is more fun and helpful than someone that he hated. "Speaking of working it out, sorry I called you a demon. I suppose I was blinded by anger" He has never had much to say sorry about. Only that time he had broken his mother's picture frame by accident.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Devin didn't speak up again until Leo was done, letting out a soft laugh as he glanced at him. "I suppose an 'angel' like you doesn't have much to be anger at - other than for a demon of course - but don't sweat the whole demon thing..." he gave him a soft smile, but it held a trace of sadness in it. "You aren't the first to call me that and I doubt you will be the last. I just tend to get a bit defensive when I'm called that, but I suppose the fact that I grew up in a town known for its witch trails doesn't help that attitude much either." He reached up with one of his hands and touched the rim of his Boston Red Sock's baseball cap as he let out a soft laugh as he remembered something his father told him. "My father did say that the Salem Witch Trails were unknowingly against the Gifted, as they had simply thought that what they - us gifted - could do as 'witchcraft' and that bit of information was something that really didn't help with me accepting my gift."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Leo raised an eyebrow at the mention of the witch trials. "Salem, Massachusetts, huh?" It was more of a wonder to himself rather than Devin. Though, the hat gave it away. He had never thought about it like that. Gifted people do really go far back. It made Leo think about what history was affected by people who are gifted. 'It's a gift and a curse to all of us.' Thought Leo, turning back to his machine to continue to run, all the while listening to Devin explain.

The boy seemed to get a lot of information from his father, 'My father said', 'Father said' etc. His father must have been a big impact on the boy. Much like Leo's own father. However, his father just took a back seat role in raising Leo, only telling him about the power that Leo possessed and how to hide it. Never officially saying if he had the powers or not. However Leo had his suspicions which were nearly confirmed more and more as he studied his powers in class.

Once Devin finished speaking, Leo nodded. Accepting that he had the power was confusing to say the least. 'Why do I have to hide it?', was a major question that Leo would ask as a kid. However, his father would answer vaguely before switching to another subject. Thinking on this, Leo asked; "How did your dad react when he found out you had powers?" His own father's had been natural, or at least, that's what his mother had said. There was something about his dad that always said that he wanted a normal life. And having a child with powers was not what he had wanted.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:02 pm

At Leo's question, Devin let out a soft laugh. he supposed that he was rather lucky in some regards when it came to his family; his parents had known about the chance he had of being gifted before he was even born. "I can't say I know; I've had my demon attributed - a tail and horns since I was born according to my family," he stated, pulling off his baseball cap to show off the pair of black horns - just simple pointed horns not like those the curly ram horns - that stood out against his light brown hair. He placed the cap on the front of the  "But my dad has the same gift as me so it wasn't like he wasn't expecting it, but I suppose he was surprised after my sister was born normal like my mom is. But I mean, my family was always super supportive with my whole gifted thing; although my sister was the best out of all of them cause she just treated me like I was normal..." Devin drifted off, remembering the sad day that it was when his sister announced that she was leaving not just Salem, but Massachusetts as a whole when she was going off to college; about a year ago in fact. He had felt at that moment that he was about to lose his only friend...He did wonder how she was doing, as they hadn't spoken to each other since she had left...
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Leo nodded, his family was the same way, but his sister was granted normality. Well, as far as he knew. His parents thought he was such a good child that they would have another one. That of course was before his powers manifested. However he and his little sister was a huge cry baby. Figuratively and literally. As a baby she would cry all night. Nothing would sedate her except Leo's mother. But she traveled quite a lot for he job, so she was rarely home.

What was a major difference between Leo and Devin, was that Leo's little sister hated him. Perhaps it was that his parents let him do whatever he wanted, he never found out. Needless to say, his sister was ecstatic when he left for Beata. It had hurt to know she didn't what him there, but perhaps it was better to let her air out. Being together even with siblings can get angering.

"I see..."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:01 pm

"I haven't even spoken to my sister in a year," he suddenly said softly, a wistful tone in his voice. "Not since she left Massachusetts for a big college in New York. After she left...I was just alone, so with my parents running out of options for me with my training going nowhere, they sent me here. And thus here I am." He hadn't really noticed that Leo had been lost in his own thoughts, but he had decided that perhaps he should at least finish talking about his sister. Wasn't like he was that used to really talking to people anyways so rambling on wasn't a big deal for him. "I mean, I've sent letters to her but things were always so busy that she never wrote back...I miss her, I really, really do."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Blonde hair shook as he bright himself out of his thoughts in order to listen to the boy and his problems. He didn't want to focus on himself. He had all night to do that anyways. Luckily for him, Leo always had a talent for listening to things while distracted. His sister seemed important too. Leo supposed that Devin didn't have many friends or any at all due to his power. People would avoid him. Pursing his lips together, he used his towel to wipe the sweat from his brow, all the while considering what to say to the boy. What Leo thought the boy needs is hope. He had just arrived here, so it would be something the smaller student was looking for...right? "You should write to her about Beata. Even if she can't write back, I'm sure she'd love an update on how you are doing." He offered, glancing at Devin.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 am

That simple suggestion from Leo caused Devin to pause, which on a treadmill wasn't the best idea. He quickly snapped out of it and started to walk once more just in time not to fall off of it. "Y-Yeah," he said, regaining his bearing. "T-That is a good idea! Besides, with summer just around the corner she may be free enough that she can write back!"

Occ: Short posts for me! *shot*
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Leo nodded, a smile on his face. He was honestly happy that he could help Devin. Despite hating the other student at first, he had grown rather fond of him in these few minutes. 'He is more like a kid than a demon. What was I thinking?' He thought with anger, ultimately deciding it was due to his powers than Leo just hating him at the start. His feet hit the treadmill at an even pace, going much faster than the boy. Speaking of which..."Try running. If you keep walking your legs may cramp up."Leo suggested, knowing that if Devin's legs cramped up, he wouldn't get too far in training.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:05 am

Devin had been lost in thought, thinking about what exactly he would write up to his sister when he blinked as Leo spoke up. His attention flickered to the older boy’s word, before he nodded softly. His legs were starting to ache softly, so he figured Leo spoke the truth- not like he was expecting an angel to lie or whatever - and started to mess with the controls of the treadmill until he was running at pretty much the same rate that Leo had him start at first. As he got settled in at the running pace, he glanced at the angel-boy. “So...Speaking of writing letters, have you ever wrote any to your family? I mean - they just do seem like a great idea!”
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Once the boy began running again, Leo turned back to face forward, letting his mind shift to what homework that he'd need to get done that night. When Devin spoke, Leo returned to his head looking to the side. Write to his family? He knew his sister would rip the letter before even reading it. His mother? Probably too busy with work to reply. Much like Devin's sister. His dad perhaps? It wouldn't be impossible with him. "I could try writing to my dad. He'd answer I think." Leo muttered, rolling his neck with a satisfying pop. It was a good idea. Just because he wasn't home didn't mean that he shouldn't keep in touch. "I'll start tonight, then." Leo decided, turning back forward to the control panel. and slowing his pace to where he was keeping a jog.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 pm

A happy grin appeared on Devin's face when Leo agreed to writing his father a letter of his own, but Devin didn't say much more after that. As they ran in silence, Devin thought about what exactly his letter would say. Perhaps he would mention that he already made a few friends; she would always be happy to hear about that. Ask her how college is doing so she has something to write back on? Mention that he misses her was a surefire thing to go on the list...So many ideas bubbled in his head as he jogged quietly alongside Leo. Perhaps there was a bit of awkward silence, but if so, Devin was unaware. He was simply to focused on the idea of his letter.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:05 pm

The silence did not seem to bother Leo, as he was also planning on his own letter. The angel-boy was also thinking about his own letter to his father. Perhaps, he'd mention about the growth of his powers. He couldn't forget about mentioning his friends. They had become important to him in his day to day life. Leo could also mention what he misses about home, and what he really enjoys about Beata. He was sure to mention the summer tournament. Which, to be honest, he was nervous for. There were quite a lot of students signed up that were way better than him. However, he knew that even if he lost, that it would be a learning experience for himself in that. Then came a thought. 'Did Devin sign up?' He glanced over at the jogging boy, who seemed lost in his own thoughts. Hesitant to interrupt, Leo turned back forward and continued writing the letter to his father in his head.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Now, Devin wasn't really aware about the tournament. Sure, he had heard some talk about a tournament but he had never really given it much of a thought even with all the hype that had was surrounding it. He just really didn't care all that much about it, as he had other stuff to worry about being new at the school in all. Every once in a while, his green eyes would flicker over to Leo, the silence starting to bother him as he started to stop thinking about his letter, having gotten an good idea of what to write. So, his mind raced for a topic to think about when something came to his mind. "H-Hey," he called softly, trying to get Leo's attention without startling him to much. "What house are you in, Leo?" Devin himself wasn't in a house yet, but he hoped to be sorted soon! They had to take a test of some sort first, which worried him slightly but he was sure it wasn't anything to much. He did wonder how they sorted people based on a test however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yin meets Yang {closed}   Yin meets Yang {closed} - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yin meets Yang {closed}
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next