Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Hollow Victory [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9400

Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Magic hesistated, and looked down. She had figured it out hadn't she? A heavy sigh escaped the sound man. He turned away from Hosa again. (turning in numerous circles). He couldn't bare to look at her as he said what he said next. "That was intentional...In the tournament I mean.." Another hefty sigh escaped Mason. "I figured if I didn't do that then I would hold back, and not give it my all..."
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11250

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Hosa blinked as Magic talked, folding her arms as she raised an eyebrow as he went on. She had a feeling that it had been something like that - mainly because his fight against Leo he had been perfectly fine and that was somewhat more intense then what their battle ended up being. And really, she didn't care about what had happened in the tournament, no...She was far more interested in that side of him as a whole, so she gave him a soft shrug. "I had figured at much, but good to know that you tried your best..." she thought about asking about what had happened in the final moments but...No, she wanted to know his past. That question could wait. "But what I want to know is your past, Magic. And don't make me go to your brother - secrets always come out...You might as well it over with."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Anger spread on Mason's face. Did she really pull that card? Now he didn't want to tell her at all, just because she said that, but it was better to hear it from the source instead. Vincent couldn't exactly tell the story like Mason could because Vincent didn't know what was going through Magic's mind at the time. "Well you better get comfy.. it's gonna be a long story.." He said with a sigh. He walked away from the the girl, and rested against a tree.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Hosa didn't move a muscle as rage and anger spread over Magic's face. Yes, yes she did just really pull that card. She knew it would of ticked him off, but she had meant it truthfully - she wanted to help Magic and if he wasn't going to tell her his past, she was going to try to find it another way. Truths hurt deeply if they were buried for to long - she knew that feeling to well. As Magic wandered off to find a tree to lean on, she followed only to take a place on the grass in front of him, leaning back using her arms for support as she looked up at him without a word, waiting for him to start.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:59 pm

Another sigh escaped the boy. Where to start? He didn't quite know. He should probably start with where it all started. "My family is from Chicago. My mother never finished school and couldn't exactly get a stable job, nor did she care to. She ended up going into prostitution... she also worked at the local strip club. Due to her sleeping around she had me, and a year later Vincent. She smoked at lot after that, and due to her job we stayed with our grandmother at night. My grandmother used to play piano tunes for me until I could sleep. When I was 6 my grandmother had passed away, and my brother and I were stuck with my mother, and her numerous... numerous lovers.. A year later I was going into the second grade, while my brother was entering first. That's when it all started. My brother couldn't keep his stupid mouth shut, and blabbed about our mother's job. Those first graders ended up telling their older siblings and such, and the teachers never looked at Vincent and I the same way. It wasn't until a week after the incident, that I started being approached by others. They asked about it but I didn't really say anything. The next week those same students approached me, and started calling me names. They called me the trash's son.  They learned to call my mother a piece of trash from their parents after telling them what they had heard about in school that week. One day I decided enough was enough, and punched a kid. Of course it being a kind of low grade school teachers didn't care, and I got beat up that day. Every day I had to fight the same kids, all to defend my mother, and my brother. Things got a little better after that. A new kid came to the school and approached me on the play ground later that day. I thought he was going to beat me up like the other kids instead we ended up being friends. He kept me out of fights with the others. After a couple days the kids that used to beat me up decided to go after my friend cause they couldn't get me alone anymore. Well I had found out, and went to stop them. There were too many I couldn't get them off of him... until I had shouted at them.. Once I did  that they all seemed to fly off, after that they ran away. My friend thought I was Magical, and decided to call me Magic from there on, but it was short lived. He told his parents about my supposed 'magic', and in turn his parents called my mom, and told her to make me change schools because I was diluting their boy's mind. My mother didn't think much about what happened, and didn't move me, but didn't tell my friend's parents. My friend kept quiet about our friendship, and the school kids didn't stop picking on us. A couple weeks later, I had gotten into a fight with one of the school kids. My friend was there of course. Well due to my power, and it reacting to my emotions I nearly beat the kid to death with a couple punches. Of course doing that the school had to call all the parents of the kids who were kinda sort of involved in the fight. My friend's parents found out, and made him move schools. I was kicked out of that school, and made to go to another one. I was about 11 at the time. I started to look for fights at the new school. Intentionally, I would get into fights almost everyday, and I got better and better, and I started enjoying it. People would come to me looking for fights, and I would happily accept. I would even fight high schoolers at times. I won most of my fights, and enjoyed beating the crap out of the others who dared to challenge me. My mother didn't stop me at all and Vincent didn't exactly care either. It wasn't until I found out about my power that things took a turn for the worse. It was about last year. When I had discovered my power I immediately told my mother, expecting her to be proud, and happy for me, but she ended up calling a monster, and verbally abusing me for the next couple months. I continued on with the fights, until I had gotten into a giant fight with my mother. We were shouting back and forth about something, and I had gotten angry. My power once again reacting with my emotions ended up pushing her across the room, and partially into the wall. Thats when she called me a monster for the last time, and forced me to come here.. She wanted to get rid of me, and she did. She probably wanted to get rid of Vincent too, when he told her about his power." He spoke the long story in a soft tone. "Ever since I came here I have tried to be nicer, but it hasn't exactly worked..." He stated looking away from Hosa, keeping his arms corssed. It was the first time he relayed the whole story to someone, and god it was a long story. He was almost out of breath by the end of it, and he had to take multiple breathes through out.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Hosa remained quiet for the whole story, simply blinking at parts as Magic went on and on until he was finished. She rocked herself forward to stop leaning on her arms before she pushed herself up, before dusting her hands together. "Doesn't that make you feel better?" she asked, her voice soft and sweet as she gave him a soft smile, before it fainted slightly. "I don't blame you - being bullied is never an easy thing...But...I suppose I might as well share my past as well - even out the sharing we are doing here..." She sighed softly, brushing a hand though her hair before she launched into her story.

"I was born in Portland, Maine...My family wasn't the best well off, but it was a loving home and it always was a good place for me. I never knew my grandparents all that much and the school I went to pretty run down - far different from Beata. From a young age, I was easily picked on for my timid nature and refused to put up a fight no matter what happened. I would return home with busies and cuts but I never told my parents about the bullies...Everybody was afraid to tell on them in fear of the bullying getting worse. But unlike you...I never had a friend - I was the common target and everybody knew that if they tried to befriend me that the same faint would fall them."

She took a soft sigh, her gaze dropping slightly as she went on. "When I was fourteen I learned about my gift - they were bullying me like normal when I just wished that I could stop them...And I turned into a snake before their eyes. They panicked and fled, but the bullying only got worse after that. They spread a rumor that I was a witch, a monster...Demon spawn. So many titles were thrown on me and everybody started to avoid me as the bullies came down harder on me to prove that they weren't scared of me. Instead of cuts and bruises, I was returning home with broken noses and black eyes. My parents noticed, but I never told them the truth of my gift or the bullying...Home was my safe spot away from everything that had happened...Until I was sixteen."

"After I learned of my gift, I started to sneak out of the house at night and hide on rooftops - turning into birds and cats to climb my way up places and spend the night alone there. However, one night when I was just a few months past my sixteen birthday when I was sneaking out my parents left their room and startled me...Causing me to turn into a cat. Both of them were taken by surprise, my mother fainted and my father labeled me as a monster...I fled the house and hide in a church I thought was abandoned...I had never had any belief in God, but it seemed He shined down on me by giving me my real only friend - the pastor of the church, Father Daniel...He found me crying and talked to me, and while I didn't tell him of my gift I told him almost everything else and started helping him on every Saturday - a new refuge to hide. I grew distant with my parents, as it seemed they had never expected me to be gifted...But it wasn't until months after they learned of my gift I finally found out why..."

She drifted off again, her voice cracking as her gaze quickly fell to the ground as emotion flashed though her eyes. She hadn't told anybody this - not even Father Daniel. But if Magic was willing to share all of that...She had to as well. "I was hiding on the roof like normal when I heard my parents arguing in their room. My mother was worried about me and the injures I was returning home with but my father was in an angry mood. He complained that I could take care of myself unlike...Him. It took me a few moments after the said that to figure out what he had meant by that but once a few more words were dropped, I figured it out."

"The person I had always thought of my dad...He simply wasn't. I was born from an affair; a simple one night stand. That reveal...It was a crushing blow to me, a quick strike of betrayal. I fled the roof after that and when I returned the next day...We fought. My mother revealed that she had never caught the name of my father, and that was a cold blow to me. I didn't even know what I was now - I didn't even know who my father was or anything. I felt for that simple moment that I could be a demon spawn. Our relationship was...Shattered after that. For two years we barely talked, I suppose I was just lucky that they fed me but when we got the letter inviting me to Beata...It was me that wanted to throw my life away to come here - to escape. I wanted to escape that life I had. And so I did. It cost my parents a lot of money to do so..."

"But when I came to Beata, I quickly put on a mask. I didn't want to be known as the monster - or the girl that couldn't defend herself. I was foolish in all of that haste and signed up for my first mission...We lived, but it left me with a fear that I just can't shake. I put on a mask of strength to hide my fears...And I soon became that mask like you became yours. But that mask is still so easy to shatter...I never asked to be the top student here at Beata - to be...'Miss Prefect'" she growled softly, using the name that Kayla had used on her. "All I wanted was to be somebody that people would like...Be friends with. And now? Now I've learned that it is so lonely at the top..." her voice cracked and fainted after that, her eyes drifted up to look at Magic. She didn't want to admit it, but Magic was really the only one that she could dare call friend right now. Amy Rose and Amaya...They had left Beata without a word, and they had left her alone before she had met Magic. She didn't want to be friendless again, so she thought sharing each others past would be a good way to strength that friendship that she so longed not to lose.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Magic listened to all of Hosa's story in silence. They were both similar in some ways, but other ways they were different. Magic didn't exactly feel better after sharing the story. He would still like to hide the fact the he used to enjoy beating up people, and getting into fights. "It's tough.." Even though she had not outright been rejected by her parent's like Mason had, they both still lost that parental connection. Mason's mask could be shattered so easily by something as simple as a nightmare. He probably scared Leo, and Lamia that night.

Mason soon realized he left out a couple things in his story. "I forgot to mention that I had badly injured a lot of people in my fights.. I would break bones, and cause a lot of blood loss... No mercy was had in fights that I used to cause.. There were no rules.. I was so merciless, and ruthless..  Not to mention that I almost made a building collapse one time.. I was kind of really angry that day.. of course I had known of my power when that happened..." He said in another soft tone. He wasn't trying to out do Hosa, he just thought she would like to know, cause she did want to know everything.

"I should also mention when I had gotten into numerous fights with my mother my brother didn't even bother to step in and defend me.. He knew of my power at the time, and thought it was really cool, but he didn't do anything to stop my mother from verbally attacking me.." Mason said remembering that he had mentioned the other day the Vincent didn't defend him.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Hosa eyes flickered as Mason went on about the fighting, her expression somber only to nod when he finished as a ever faint smile appeared on the corners of her lips. "Well, it is clear that we both had a hard life, but I always think that the past should never define us...We are both symbols that we can change...Even with all of those fights that you did when you were younger, I wouldn't have known because of the kind person you have become today. But Vincent not defending you...I see why you were so spiteful toward him when he arrived," she said, making a small motion with her hand.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Mason looked away from Hosa. "You have changed more than I have. As you could see by our battle, it's easy for me to go back to the way I was. It is so easy to do so for me a nightmare can break my kindness.. Even my own real name can break it..." There was finally the reason that Magic preferred everyone to call him Magic. Hosa did have a point in her words, but he wasn't exactly gonna go around talking about his past to everyone he knew. "But you can probably see why I prefer to keep it to myself.." He said corssing his arms.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Hosa nodded at Magic’s words, a soft smile appearing on her face. “But I’ve also been here longer than you, Magic. I am nearing my final year here at Beata. Well...As a student. I’ve worked hard to become a new person and I am sure with friends like Lamia, you will as well," her eyes flickered as she went on. "But yes, I do understand why you don’t want anybody to know of your past...And I’m sorry for making you tell me like that and I promise that I won’t speak a word about it to others. It is your choice to tell who you want about it.”
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Magic remained silent, while Hosa talked he didn't really know what to say. She was right about being here longer, and getting used to her whole mask. A sigh left the boy. "It's fine Hosa. It was bound to slip out either by me, or my brother at some point, but my brother doesn't have the whole story.." Mason said, kind of hitting a tree lightly as he thought.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Hosa frowned slightly as she put her hands on her hips, leaning forward slightly as she stared at Magic. "Then tell him the whole story. If I know it, he might as well be able to know it as well. If he does slip up, he should be able to give everyone the big picture because misunderstanding are going to come from that."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Magic shrugged. "Rather not. He doesn't think that much of me already so... yeah." Mason paused for a moment as he thought. He hadn't heard Vincent tell the story before, so he just figured that he would tell the story wrong. Vincent might have know the story, and some sides Magic hasn't heard before.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 pm

Hosa raised an eyebrow, but just nodded at that as she crossed her arms. "Suppose I can't force you so I will have to live with that...But now I have a new question - what the hell happened at the end of the battle," she asked as she titled her head, frowning. However she shivered as she recalled him crying out to himself to move and then the scream and she quickly snapped her head away as her crossed arms quickly moved to hug herself. "When you couldn't move out of my final blow...You even screamed at yourself to move, but why couldn't you? I am sure that none of my attacks had nothing to do with it."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Magic dropped his head, and looked at the ground. He didn't quite know. Honestly something happened. Images of his past started to appear in his mind at the end of the battle, and then all of the sudden he couldn't move. "I honestly don't know... My body wouldn't respond at all.. I just wouldn't move.. That hasn't happened before.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Victory [Closed]   Hollow Victory [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollow Victory [Closed]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next