Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

What Now? [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dew

Dew

Beata Bucks : 10166

What Now? [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm

The sound the girl made surprised Isaac. She had teased him, kind of mocked him about his single-minded monotonous personality and he had responded the way he figured made sense. He was still human, just because he was always speaking one way didn't mean he had no idea how to speak another. What had been funny about that? He tilted his head in curiosity about her comments about robotic humans. "Yeah, I think those are still decades away." Isaac said, recalling his own research on the fact. Yes, he had once been interested in the robots enough to research if they would happen.

Going to the town was something that worried Isaac but thrilled him as well. People! So many people! As he had been the rest of the conversation, he avoided her gaze when he responded. "I tend to scare people off if I get too close." He responded, vague like he assumed Lucy was expecting. It was actually far more specific than he had expected. The words had come out of his mouth without waiting for his brain's approval. It wasn't like his power was embarrassing, it was just that it wasn't under control yet and he didn't want to frighten anyone.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm

She was only laughing because she found his response funny. This time it wasn't to mock or tease him. She never doubted for a second he wasn't human, but she just wanted to see if he could speak another way, cause from the way things were going he wasn't going to do it himself. Her hands hung at her sides. She didn't really continue the conversation about robots much further. She didn't really know anything about them aside that they were making them. Though he seemed to know about them maybe she would ask later.

Getting that thought out of her head for the moment. She needed to find out more about why he couldn't go to the town. He scared people away? He didn't scare her away if it was appearance wise. She would have called him pretty cute, so it must have been something else. "But you aren't scaring me away, and you aren't exactly going to get close with anyone else wandering the town unless you literally run into someone else." She pressed a little bit. Maybe this would get more information out of him. And if it was his gift, and if it was harmful she was used to pain, though if she established a bond with him then she might scare him off.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Having avoided people for so long, he didn't entirely understand them anymore. Sometimes he remembered why they did certain things and sometimes he was completely lost on certain social cues and signs. So her laughing didn't make perfect sense to him. But this wasn't very obvious on his face, just told in a small tilt of his head. He was very human, but he hated being angry and he couldn't be around people too often. He knew he had his mask and his earplugs, but sometimes he wasn't sure if they would be enough.

Isaac got restless. His fingers played around with the buttons on his game, despite it being off, and his eyes opened and closed nervously. "I know. It's just that.... My mask and earplugs keep it in but if they fall off or something happens then.... I tend to make people upset or scared when I'm too close.... It's hard to explain." He knew it would be easy to explain if he told her his power, but some part of him didn't want to, as if it was awful for her to know. It wasn't, not really, it was an illogical fear of his.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:57 pm

"If it's got to do with your gift then don't worry about me I can take it." She said too the boy. Lucy was pretty tough. She could deal with a lot of hits, she also healed faster than normal cause of her gift. So if something happened she would be able to last for a while, and give damage back. "I'm a pretty tough person." She folded her hands behind her back and sway back and forth slightly waiting on more info or for the boy to finally cave. Though this time she wasn't too sure what was going to happen. She was just watching and waiting now.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 pm

There was a tiny sound at the back of Isaac;s throat as a way of protesting her insistence. He didn't like talking about this, but she was saying she could handle it. He wondered if she would have been able to handle it if he was up close. He had known plenty of strong people but not all of them had been mentally strong enough. But it wasn't like he was going to demonstrate what happened. Perhaps it was alright....

"Well, my gift is, um, hallucination generation. Only, I generate hallucinations based on scents I produce which currently leak freely from holes in my body, namely my mouth, nose, and ears." Isaac started, still not looking up at her. "Right now it's only memories created clearly as if they are currently happening. When I was younger they were happy memories and I had a lot of friends. But when I moved for the first time, the kids at my school told their parents what they saw around me and it scared them." His voice started to shake as he finished the last statement and he paused to take a breath.

"So they started picking on me, calling me names their parents called me and it scared me. So my power took it upon itself to start using bad smells and bad memories. We moved again shortly after that, everyone was afraid of me by that point. We moved to Japan, where they wear these masks when they're sick so they don't miss work or school. So I started wearing a mask and giving the excuse that I have sensitive hearing to wear earplugs all the time." Isaac finished, shifting his eyes slightly to look at her feet. "No one I've met has had the mental capacity to be around me for long." He added uncomfortably.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 10:26 am

Ah. That was quite an issues he had there. Luckily he wasn't allow in his issues, though hers was really different from his. The only thing they had in common with their gift issues was being teased for it, though because of her dad it wasn't ever a big issues because she was constantly moving. Though it did take it's toll after a while, but the kids that teased her did get what they deserved. She folded her hands behind her back, giving off an open body language.

"Ah well luckily for you, you aren't the only one here with a strange gift." She said keeping her friendly tone, knowing she had a tendency to change tones decently often. "My gift has gotten me into trouble a few times. My gift being Reflection. It can transfer any ill will acted upon me by an aggressor back to them. So if I get cut by someone then they will get the same cut on them." She said. Though she had to establish a bond with someone first. "It earned me a few names before I came here. The point is I dealt with that well enough, I think I can deal with you well enough." Even if she needed a break from him, she just wasn't going to abandon him. She wasn't about the kind of life. She could learn to deal with his gift.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 11:01 am

This whole situation still wasn't very comfortable for Isaac. He had just met this girl. He didn't even know her name! And she was telling him something he wouldn't have told his best friend. If he had ever had a best friend. Yet there she stood, as if this was normal. Was it normal? Was this what she always had to deal with? Isaac wasn't sure if he liked her calm composure or if it was off putting.

Her story was similar to his, the teasing and name calling part. Was it comforting to know others were teased for their gifts? Isaac wasn't sure, but he listened to her. Her gift was very interesting, not something he would want to come into contact with, but since he tried not hurt people, he figured it wouldn't be a bother for him. Wait, did it only reflect physical acts? Isaac felt himself go pale for a second, though this wasn't much of a feat considering how pale he already was. If the name calling was her worst memory, then yeah, she could probably deal with him. Hesitantly he asked, "d-does you gift reflect only physical acts?" Because if it reflected mental acts, then Isaac knew he'd have a hard time handling himself around her. He was unaware, however, that she had to be touching someone for it to work. He didn't plan on touching her, or anyone, anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Lucetta shook her head. "Unfortunately not. It works with mental things as well. Though I have to establish a bond with someone for it to work. If you have ever played pokemon then it's like a glorified Destiny Bond." She said. Hopefully he would get that. It seemed her gift made him a little uneasy, and she really didn't like that. Yeah she might have tried to push earlier but know that she was getting to know him somewhat she didn't want to make him uncomfortable or scared of her. A frown tugged at her lips but she didn't let it take over her expression.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 12:52 pm

It made Isaac wary, that her gift could make him feel the effects of his own gift. He was supposed to be immune to any mental gifts, including those who had his gift (though they were likely rare) but her gift wasn't technically a mental gift. It was more of a mix and Isaac was sure that meant he would be unable to prevent the effects of it on himself. And he didn't want to see those memories. Ah, her explanation made sense. He had played almost all versions of Pokemon, sometimes only to see if it was good or not. So he did get the explanation. "A-Alright. I guess, if I don't remove my mask that will lessen the chance too." Isaac knew it was as simple as not removing his mask or his earplugs. It always was. But there were parts of him that was afraid he'd still effect someone anyway. But the point of the mask was to not, so he supposed if he left it on he would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Her expression brightened a bit. "Does this mean you will go to the town with me?" She asked wanting to make sure. If he said no she will probably be very disappointed. She wasn't afraid of his gift, and she wasn't going to use hers unless she absolutely has too. She folded her hand behind her back again, trying to use her slight cuteness to convince him slightly more, but she felt like it wouldn't effect him even if she tried, but there wasn't any harm in trying. "My name is Lucetta by the way, or Lucy for short." She said finally introducing herself.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:00 am

Did that mean he would go with her? Isaac wasn't sure, they had just established the fact that it was extremely unlikely for him to effect anyone with his gift and hers wouldn't have an effect on him, so really, going to the town was safe. Isaac shrugged. "Yeah, I guess." Secretly Isaac was giddy with excitement. He had always wanted to visit Rosbury. It may have been small, but it sounded like more fun than Beata. When she introduced herself Isaac smiled, though she wouldn't have seen it beneath his mask. "I'm Isaac. It's nice to meet you." He said, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Lucy nearly squealed when she finally got the boy to give in, and go into town with her. She was glad, she normally didn't put that much effort into something but she felt like this time, and it finally paid off. She had a friendly smile on her face as the guy introduced himself. Issac huh? Not really a common name. At least it wasn't one she heard to often. "Alright!" She said happily. "Well let's get going to the town then!" She had came to the school through the town, she just had to follow the road there again.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 am

It was a new experience, going to the town with a person he had only just met. Maybe that technically meant the were friends. Isaac didn't know since he hadn't had an actual friend for years. It was really nice, he had to admit, getting to go somewhere with someone. She was super nice, too, and Isaac was okay with hanging out with her. Maybe they were friends. Kind of. "Yeah." He agreed, smiling though she wouldn't be able to see this behind his mask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Now? [Open]   What Now? [Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Now? [Open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2