Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Attempting to Relax [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IvyLeaf

IvyLeaf

Beata Bucks : 9062

Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Kasumi frowned slightly at Magic's abrupt add-on to his answer to her question. Since when had she wanted to know his real name? "Well, I never asked in the first place. But now that you mentioned it... I'm curious now," she said with an amused look. "I won't ask though, of course, I'll respect your privacy." She then listened to Magic's next comment, and thought for a second. "I suppose that would make sense, since this is apparently the only school for people with gifts in the entire US? Then all types of people could probably be found here." Now that she really thought about it, there really could be all types of people here. She was surprised there weren't more.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9436

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 8:21 pm

He didn't mean to make her curious, it was just something he repeated so many times before. It was like a little thing that he was used to saying after introducing himself, he didn't really have to think about saying it. "Thanks for not asking." He said softly, before turning his attention away from his name as a speaking subject. "We have a few people from different places though most of the students come from the states or Canada. There is one kid from the carribian island area, I think. And a few students have come over from Europe. I think we have a few from Asia as well.. not too sure on that one."
Back to top Go down
IvyLeaf

IvyLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Kasumi listened, a little disappointed at the lack of variety in students. Believe it or not, she'd had students from everywhere at her old school. In Portland, there were people from Australia, Europe, Canada, Latin America, Asia, even one kid she remembered had newly immigrates from Ethiopia. So, it was with a slightly disappointed expression that she said, "Oh. I see, then. " Thinking that it might have sounded a little rude, she continued on with a question. "Does that mean there are other schools like this in other countries?" It sounded like there were, after all.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Magic paused.. He wasn't too sure on that. There was only one other school he knew of. "Well there is a school in Europe. I forget what it is called, but they do things slightly different than us. Mr. Nate, and the other staff haven't told me much about that school." Probably another secret to be kept for the safety of the school, like the whole Argona's Force thing. "As far as other schools elsewhere? Not to sure. I'm assuming there might be small schools, or just some people to teach others, but nothing big like this place, and the one in Europe." He wished he could provide more on the information of the other academy, the one in Europe.
Back to top Go down
IvyLeaf

IvyLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:26 pm

Kasumi listened carefully to what Magic's answer was, thinking. A school in Europe? That was slightly interesting. However, Kasumi was a little curious as to why the staff didn't say much about this other school. If there was another school who taught gift control like Beata did, why not tell everyone? As the perfect made his comments about teaching in other places, Kasumi suddenly grew curious about something else. She knew that her father had grown up in Japan, and her mother in Taiwan. Kasumi's mother had the gift to turn her body into liquid at will, a variant of Kasumi turning into vapor. Where had she learned to control her powers? "Then, I suppose I'll have to ask my mother someday about how she learned to control her gift, since she grew up in Asia after all. It would be awfully hard to learn control for kids in other places, huh? I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky," Kasumi thought aloud, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:33 pm

"Lucky is one of the words to describe our situation." He said. There were other words to, like trapped. The students couldn't exactly go anywhere outside of Rosebury or the Campus without permission from the school staff. There were a few other words he could think of as well, but it was best not to share them for he didn't want the girl to be concerned with anything. "And maybe your mom learned on her own. I know a few people who learned about this gift on their own. I learned about some of my gift on my own, because my... mom didn't know about this place til I was a decent way through developing my gift."
Back to top Go down
IvyLeaf

IvyLeaf

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 pm

There were a lot of odd pauses in this prefect's speaking. Kasumi could hear them, being observant after many years of learning how best to avoid peoples' attention. She knew many different types of pauses, and these were more kind of "what should I say?" pauses. The younger Winter couldn't help but wonder what he was debating with telling her. She nodded cheerfully, though, at his thought explanation about how her mother might have taught herself. His words about teaching himself though, more awkward pauses could be heard there. "Oh, that makes sense. I guess I would eventually learn to keep from randomly vaporizing someday if I kept at it myself hard enough..." Kasumi slowly trailed off, seeming to have drifted into a world of her own. She would do this a lot in her old home, going off in a daze of thoughts, probably meaning she should go back and write them down. Thus would go on for an awkwardly long amount of time before the girl snapped back into reality, looking a little surprised.

"Well, um, it was nice meeting you, Magic! Thank you for telling me all that information, it's the most normal conversation I've had in a while." Here, she laughed slightly. "I think I should head back now... See ya around the school?" Then, the Winter would rush back as fast as she could. She needed to analyze her thoughts, and organize them. She could probably figure some things out about her new home with this information. Yes, it would be a most Kasumi-esque night of thinking.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to Relax [Open]   Attempting to Relax [Open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attempting to Relax [Open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2