Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Training for the hell of it

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9397

Training for the hell of it Empty
PostSubject: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:41 pm

It was just after school, and Magic was already in the training rooms. He figured he might as well since he hadn't been here in a while. He was dressed in simple workout clothes, and standing in front of a punching bag. He had already been working for a short time, and was slightly sweaty cause of it. He threw a punch to start a combo he had practiced many times before, so the first punch was followed by others. It was a simple combo, one of many he knew.He was so focused on the back that he barely acknowledged the fact that someone else was walking into the room.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12409

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Kayla hadn't gone to class. She wished she could've said that she'd spent the day playing hooky and raising havoc, but the truth was that she'd just been wandering around the empty campus for the past few hours lost in her own thoughts. God, I'm turning into a cranky old lady. The training rooms weren't her favorite place in the school, but when the bell rang and floods of people started streaming out the doors to ruin her few hours of solitude, well... It seemed as productive as anywhere else. At least then she wouldn't feel so lazy.

Of course, someone else was there.

She opened the door on a boy wailing on some poor punching bag. Normally, she would've just slipped away back into the gym before she was noticed, or she would've told him to fuck off and find another room, but she froze in place when the recognition lit up in her eyes. Magic. They'd met once or twice, but she knew him well enough just based on reputation... Kayla stood there watching for a few minutes, leaning on the door frame, before she let her presence be known with a loud snap of her fingers, sending sparks popping into the air.

"Sup." A small ripple of electricity traced the brim of her hat. There was a hint of a smile playing at the corner of her lips. He'd caught her in one of her better moods, thankfully. "You think that bag's dead yet?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Magic could help but flinch at the loud sound faltering his punches for a moment, but he didn't respond instead was determined to finish the round before turning to face the person that had interrupted him. He didn't respond with a greeting, "The bag was already dead." He wasn't winded or anything from what he was doing, his breathing was slightly more labored than what it normally was.

He took a moment to dig through his memory to try an remember who this girl was. Ah it was Kayla, a girl he has encountered once before. She had a reputation the preceded her as well. He turned back to the bag and returned to to punching it changing up the combo from he was doing earlier. "So what do I owe the honor of having you be here?" He asked not taking his eyes off the bag.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Had she been interrupting something intimate? He was right back at pounding the ever-loving fuck out of that dead bag. Kayla leaned her head against the door frame, studying the pattern in his punches. He definitely looked like he knew what he was doing, at least. The honor? That was funny. "I was just wandering around and I found you here." She watched him for a few more moments before speaking again. "I hadn't been expected anyone to be here the first thing after school." That said a lot about him, didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:57 pm

He paused his pattern for a moment before changing it to something else, the writer would specify what these are but she was lazy. "Well I decided to skip the last class of the day. I wanted to get some practice in before people started showing up." He hummed slightly as he continued to work on the bag. "I guess I should stop soon.." He said to himself. People would most likely appear soon, or they were far too lazy to come in here.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 pm

"People like me?" she guessed in a flat tone. Was that his way of telling her she was interrupting. She guessed it was the truth, though. Kayla strolled into the room, lazily kicking one foot out after another, with a fizzing spark burning at the tip of her nail. "Don't mind me. I'm not lining up to kill a bag."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

"No you aren't so bad, but when it gets crowded in here I hate it." It was probably obvious as to why. He kept going against the back not faltering one bit, not even when he changed up the combo, but after a moment he stopped for a moment to relax for the moment. And why was she so insist on him killing the bag? That is what the bag was there for. "Well it's doing it's job by being killed." He didn't even know why he said that. Honestly it was a bit dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 10:18 pm

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Was that a joke...? Oh well. Kayla plopped down on a lifting bench and twirled her finger. A metal plate raised up from a weight rack and started to spin gently around in the air, levitating over her shoulder. Electricity rippled along the ridge with a low hum. "If you say so," she muttered. "I hate crowds too. Too noisy."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:44 pm

He just shot her a small look for her last statement. She basically explained why he didn't like crowds. He looked back to the bag. "You too, huh?" He asked. Even if he didn't have his hearing he would probably still hate crowds. He was just that type of person. He looked back to the girl for a moment as she started messing with the metal equipment. "That's pretty cool."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Kayla shot him a small smirk. "You think so?" she replied, transferring the weight from one shoulder to the other with a small wave of her head. "Yeah, I've just never been that kinda person, y'know?" There was a hint of tired bitterness in her voice when she said it. Yeah, you could put it that way. "People can get ugly when they're in a pack."

A spark of irritation as the words left her lips, and old sour memories started to nip at the back of her head. It was her own fault for thinking it, but could she blamed for having emotions? There was another, and then a small discharge of electricity along the edge of the weight. The plate began to wobble in the air, and as her control slipped away, it started to spin end over end with a violent vibration. "Ah, shi—...!" She twitched her fingers, electricity flitting along the tips of her nail. All she meant to do was try and stabilize it, slow it down, raise it up a little... Instead, it went shooting up into the sky like it'd gotten fired out of a cannon.

BOOM. A crash. She winced. Dust and debris rained down on top of her head, dust coating along the bill of her hat. When she looked up, the thirty pound iron plate was embedded in the ceiling.

She gave Magic an almost sheepish grin, throwing a hand on the back of her head. "That trick's still a work in progress," she said, trying her best to play it cool. Fuck. He was a prefect, wasn't he? Even if she hated to admit it, she'd never had the... most intricate control over that kind of thing. She was a live wire, literally. Her power was always overflowing through her body, coursing over her skin, and it just took one stray thought and—... well, stuff like that. Shit happened, and she couldn't help it. He wouldn't blame her for that, right? ...Right?

As if on cue, the weight dislodged itself from the ceiling and went plummeting back down to the ground, clanging against the floor.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Magic was about to reply to her when he noticed the thing start going out of out of control. He was expecting for her to get it under control again, and not make a huge noise, and make a mess. As soon as the boom was heard Magic jumped, and covered his ears. As soon as the noise was over a curse left his mouth. "Fucking shit.. That was loud." He said. God his ears hurt now.

As soon as he could hear again, he looked up at the mess that was now the ceiling. He didn't really know what to do about this situation. His gray green eyes noticing that it was starting to fall from the ceiling so his hands shot up to his ears just in case the clacking noise was loud. It was pretty loud but not as bad as the boom. Once the noise was gone, he regained his composure, and looked at the mess before him.

"Well..." He looked up at her for a moment. "I don't exactly know what to do about this other than run." He said with a slight shrug. He wasn't one to get people in trouble, especially over an accident. Nobody was harmed so there was no need to get mad.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 am

Even if she tried not to show it on her face, there was a sharp tension as the weight clattered to a standstill on the floor. Would he try and bust her...? If he tried, she wouldn't go quietly, and it didn't matter what kind of friendly conversations they'd been having before... Her fingers began to curl into a loose fist when he spoke again, and a small breath of relief left her lips. She'd already been eyeing the door, ready to bolt if it was necessary, but it looked like he wasn't so much of a stickler for the rules.

She gave him a more assured grin, hooking her thumbs into her pockets. "I had the same idea."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:47 pm

A small smile tugged at the boy's lips when Kayla had agreed with him on the running thing. But it quickly left his face. Did they have video camera's around here? If they did then they would most likely get into trouble later anyway. Oh well he would worry about that later. "Come on let's go." He said and quickly headed out the door towards where ever that was away from the gym.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:25 am

She didn't need to be told twice. Kayla followed him out the door and fell into stride beside him with a casual whistle, electricity playing at the tips of her worn dirty sneakers. The weight was out of her mind the moment they left the room. If the prefect didn't throw a fit over it, then who cared? Her pockets jingled from the loose change with every step. "And where to, Mister Prefect?" Maybe he'd refer to just split from here, but she didn't have anything better to do than follow him.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:28 pm

It was easy to tell if the autumn girl followed him. His hearing allowed him to do that, there was also the fact of her whistling, and the soft cracking of the electricity that constantly escaped her body. There was also the loose change. God a lot of annoying noises. Well the whistling and the loose change was annoying, but he could deal with it. "Well the best idea is to be no where close to the gym. Well a good distance from it. So I was thinking the courtyard or something." He said as they walked along.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training for the hell of it   Training for the hell of it Empty

Back to top Go down

Training for the hell of it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next