Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Evelyn's Diary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12412

Evelyn's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Evelyn's Diary   Evelyn's Diary EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Evelyn's Diary 28it2dd
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12412

Evelyn's Diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evelyn's Diary   Evelyn's Diary EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Week 1
03/14/2033 - 03/21/2033

This has been an interesting start to my new life at Beata Academy, and I have decided to take Professor Nabell's advice and write regularly in this journal. Hopefully this will be a fun experience! I have never kept a diary before, but my life was never eventful enough to warrant such a thing anyways. They say that keeping a diary lets you vent your feelings, but I personally want to keep it so I can look back on it later. Who knows what the future holds? It can be like a time capsule; I can step into my thoughts and feelings from the past. Maybe when I'm long gone someone will find this and enjoy it themselves. With how strange things are at Beata Academy, they'll probably think it's some kind of joke.

I guess I will start from the beginning. A local group in Montana found me after my mother contacted them. Apparently Beata Academy has these groups all over the world to find gifted students like myself and bring them here. I was told that while my power was untamed and uncontrollable at the moment, I am at an age where it is most easily developed and mastered. With the help of this group, I convinced my parents that it'd be a great opportunity to enter highschool with other gifted students, since it is catered to our needs to help us better succeed in the world.

I initially was very nervous myself, so my parents bought me a betta fish as a going away present. I'm very grateful for Sushi, he's been a great comfort when I've felt upset.

When I got to the school, I had to carry Sushi's tank all the way through an entrance when I bumped into this boy named Jason. Even though I spilled water on him, he carried Sushi's tank for me. It was so nice of him! I think it was heavier than he'd like to admit. I was worried that he might drop it for awhile, but he managed alright.

I bumped into him later in one of the Studios along with his brother, Jayden. Apparently they can both play stringed instruments very well, and they even had me play a song with them on the piano. They're a bit strange, but everyone is here it seems. Maybe I'm as strange as the rest? I guess it's a matter of perspective. Jayden seems to be mute, but Jason is his translator and I didn't have that much trouble communicating with him.

This whole week I had to share a room with five other people as an Initiate, but they were very friendly. Yume, Faith, Kynrea, Lindsey, and Sean, if I remember correctly. Even so, it still wasn't very pleasant. This is my first night sleeping in my own room, even though I share the dorm with three others. I like this much better now that I finally have some privacy! I had to change in the bathroom, share the room with their pets, and deal with all the noise and chatter. I tried to stay out of the dorm whenever I could, but I couldn't stay away forever. Still, I feel bad complaining after how nice they were, but I definitely wouldn't want to stay there again.

There was also an incident in the forest... I was just walking along, when I accidentally startled this girl who was sitting up in a branch. She seemed to be talking to herself, and she yelled at me when she almost fell off. After that, I could tell that my gift was bothering her, and I didn't know what to do... so I ran away. She tried to run after me to apologize, but I couldn't stop... I felt so embarrassed afterwards, I wanted to cry... I wish I could talk as easily as I can when writing in this diary. There's so much I can say, but once I'm around others I just panic and don't know what to do, so I'm quiet. My speech impediment definitely doesn't help. I still read out loud every night, but whenever I'm nervous I still stammer, but at least I don't stutter all the time now unless you count my occasional pauses. If more noticed me, I'm sure they would bully me and call me names. I've seen how people have treated people at my school, who didn't have the luxury of being practically invisible to the world when they needed it.

What's worse is that soon after this I was in the Conservatory. I wasn't doing anything exciting, I was just looking at plants. This other girl was here too, Alicia, but she was just drawing when this boy named Montare walked in. They started a private conversation, and I was unsure of whether to leave or just continue what I was doing, so I just turned around and looked at the plants. Then, out of nowhere, this boy confessed to her. After that, that girl walked over to me and kissed me! I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there. The boy got on his knees and started crying, and this girl whispered something to me... I forget, but after that I must have fainted. She must have carried me all the way to the Infirmary, so she seems like a nice girl...

I woke up in the Infirmary after that with Jason, Alicia, and Montare at my bedside. They let me go to sleep and Jason gave me an ice pack, but then I woke up to a racket a couple minutes later. This boy, Oliver, walked in and explained what happened. I didn't really get it at the time, but the rumor is that he harassed Alicia in the Infirmary or halls or something like that, and Oliver drove him off. To be honest, it makes me scared. Montare had been right there while I was unconscious, and I'm glad that Jason watched over me during that time. They say his gift is transforming into a wolf, so I think Oliver must be very brave to have driven him away from Alicia like that. I don't know what I would have done. They're even saying that he's only known Alicia for a couple of days... Scary! I hope I don't encounter him again.

That's enough of that subject. I got this diary from my new English teacher, Professor Nabell. She is very thoughtful and kind, though I think that some of the other students don't like her that much. She gave us homework on the first day, but I don't mind. It's important to get into the swing of things anyways, and I enjoy being back in school. It gives me things to do and think about. She must have looked through my records, because she gave me this token that I can hang on this hook at the beginning of class so she doesn't overlook me and mark me as absent if I'm not. The students here are very lucky to have a teacher like that, even if they don't realize it.

I took this test today too that has sorted me into the Winter house based on my personality. It's a bit strange, and I have not heard of this practice anywhere else, but I suppose unique things like this are to be expected at Beata. It means that I share a dorm with three others, also in the Winter house, but we get our private rooms. That Oliver boy is one of my dormmates. I had walked out into the common room not fully dressed while he was going out to the cafeteria for dinner. Even so, he invited me out to eat with him at dinner and even bought my salad for me. He's the first person I've talked to my power about, too. Apparently he wears these gloves all the time because of his gift, which is to manipulate ice. He compared it to the Midas touch, and I feel sad for him. It must be terrible to not be able to touch anything with your bare hands...

A question I have thought over since I got back is... did that count as a date? It was out of the blue for the both of us and he never explicitly say that it was one, so maybe it was just him being polite and a gentleman. However, we were eating dinner together, and he even paid for our food... If it was a date, it was my first. I've never kissed anybody before either, unless Alicia and my parents count.

Oh dear. Was my first kiss from a girl? And involuntary? These are troubling thoughts.

Boyfriends, kissing, dates... I don't know if I'd be able to handle them. But I am a freshman now, and it's a clean slate. Either way, I doubt anybody would want to date me anyways. I'm not pretty, or funny, or anything like that... I can't even handle a conversation, let alone the things that couples do... I think I'd die.

But I think I may have found a few friends, at the very least. Just today, when I was moving into the dorm, I met this girl named Kimply. She's very nice and it turns out she has something called Pathfinding. It turns out that she can see me normally. She's an odd girl, but I feel so terribly happy. I hope we can become very good friends!

I think that's all for now. It's getting late and I have class in the morning. There's a brand new life ahead of me. I'll write again next week!
Back to top Go down

Evelyn's Diary
Page 1 of 1