Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8493

An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Barry gave a questioning look at the mention of an "accident" but didn't saying anything, noticing how tense Magic got. He thought it was better not to say anything at all right now until someone says something to him. It was tense enough as it was without his big mouth blurting something that would ultimately make things worse.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11256

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Hosa frowned, raising an eyebrow as Vincent spoke, wondering about the 'incident' that he had mentioned but, like Barry, caught sight of Magic tensing up and decided to leave the question left unasked as Vincent promised not to tell of it. She thought she might as well try to drop that topic of Magic's past, so she decided to give Vincent a small smile as she leaned slightly froward - acting like the last few sentences hadn't even happened. "Well, if I were you I would be careful about who you 'compliment.' If you aren't, you might find out what some people's gift are the hard way." Then she paused, shaking her head as she turned her gaze toward Lamia with a soft smile. "What am I doing? I'm being rude I suppose for not asking this sooner...But what is your name? You've just been kinda standing off to the side..."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10656

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 4:28 pm

"I-it's for... cl-cleaning..." the Winter softly mumbled under her breath. God, she was a terrible liar, but what would he know? Nothing, of course. Absolutely nothing. Whatever his incident was probably paled in compari---. Lamia cursed to herself mentally, suppressing a sigh that was caught in her throat. I am a terrible person. The world doesn't revolve around me... Her eyes flitted towards the school, desperate to leave this situation. That simple phrase had drained away everything in her the moment she realized Hosa had caught her eye. She gaped at her for a moment, her mind suddenly blank. Was it too late to sneak away and pretend the entire thing never happened? She bit her lip softly, her legs threatening to collapse on her as though invisible weights were thrown onto her shoulders.

How hard could it be to introduce herself?

"M-my... n-name?" she repeated, her expression somewhere between petrified and confused. After a few moments of of terror-stricken silence, an uneasy laugh escaped her lips, her fingers tugging at the soft cloth of her jacket for comfort. "Oh... y-yeah... I'm... uh..." her voice trailed off into nothing. Your name. Say your name, you moron.

"I-I'm... s-sorry... heh... y-y... um... L-Lamia..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9406

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Mason could tell she was lying. It was easy to hear it in her voice. He could also tell how nervous she was getting. He didn't exactly know if everyone could hear her say her name. It honestly seemed like he could barely hear it. "Her name is Lamia, and she is in the winter house with me." He answered for her hopefully helping her. Well he hoped it helped her in some way. 

Vincent stayed silent for a moment. He didn't exactly know what to do with this situation. Maybe it was best if he stayed silent for now. It seemed like Mason was have a conversation with the Lamia girl even though no one could quite hear it. Vincent could just tell these things. Is that what they called them here? Gifts? All they ever referred to Mason's 'gift' at home was a curse. Vincent found it kinda cool but had to go with what their mom was telling him. Their situation was bad enough sometimes. They both never really liked their mom. She was enough trouble as it is. He couldn't help but feel a little anger as he thought about her. Vincent lifted a hand and kinda pointed a finger at his brother. "You know Mom ha- .... Holy crap what is happening with my hand?!" Vincent shouted as he looked at his hand. It was on fire. It freaked him out, but it didn't hurt at all. Vincent couldn't help but panic a little.

Mason paused what he was doing and look at his brother. All of the sudden his hand caught fire, and his brother freaked out. Oh no... He had a gift as well... Mason knew that didn't happen normally.. Now he would have to see more of his brother than desired. Not to mention what his brother would say about him.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Hosa regretted asking Lamia for her name the moment the girl started to shutter. She should of figured that she was shy, and was about to say something when Magic spoke up, getting Hosa attention. "Lamia huh?" he mused softly, before giving the shy Winter a soft smile. "Its nice to meet you Lamia." She grew quiet for a few moments, mainly because Vincent was speaking up but she froze when he started to freak out about his hand. Her gaze snapped over to his now flaming hand, before biting her lip slightly. Huh...That didn't happen every day.

She soon sighed, shaking her head. It was pretty obvious to her at least what had just happened, but she had to guess that Vincent hadn't been expanding his hand to burst into flames...And truthfully, neither had she. Magic's gift was sound base, so why wasn't Vincent's gift the same or at least in the same area? She was sure there was something she was missing here, but either way she was just confused. Judging by Vincent's reaction, she figured that this was his first time every doing this...Meaning this was the first time he was learning he was gift. It didn't look like the fire was hurting him, so she turned her attention from worrying about that as she clapped her hands together once.

"Well, look at this!" she proclaimed, trying to give Vincent a small, calm smile as she looked at him. "It seems Magic isn't the only gifted one of you two!" She then paused, her gaze flicking around before she shrugged softly. "And look at this, it seems we are in the best place for this to happen. At least nobody is going to be freaking out that much about this...Er, other than you......" she kinda trailed off at the end, unaware of where she was going in her sentence. So...It seems she wasn't the best at this. She sighed softly. She wanted to work with young children, not teenagers that hands just burst into flames at random.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 am

Barry's eyes widened and he gave an excited smile when he saw Vincent's hand catch fire. 'Oh man, fire powers? Way cool!' He thought to himself. He was glad that Beata was about to gain a new member but his smile faded as he saw Magic's slightly sour face. Maybe the brothers didn't get along as well as he had hoped.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:08 pm

A small squeal escaped her mouth as her hand shot up to cover it, her face feeling warm from either the fire, her own embarrassment, or both. She hoped it was the flames however - the Winter felt herself deflate even further, closing her eyes in fear that if she got too close... No, don't think about that. Lamia bit her bottom lip, her skin's color paling to an ashen color. Why did it have to be fire? Why nothing sound-based? Every rustle and whisper of the trees that lined the pathway made her want to scurry away for safety away from these people, but she forced herself to relax and get drawn a little closer, her golden eyes gazing at the flames with a small hint of fascination.

"Fr-freaking o-out..." she repeated, the words softer than when the night prowls upon the day, a queasy smile gracing her features. Everyone looked rather awkward from Mason's rather disgusted expression, and she found herself slipping out one small phrase that she didn't know she would manage to ask, "Wh-why d-d-don't you tw-two get a-along?" She bit her lip even harder. "F-family... is i-important." She let herself sink a little further, shaking her head with a terrified look, knowing full well she shouldn't have asked. And suddenly, she wished she hadn't.

Stupidstupidstupidstupidstupidstupid...
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Magic closed his eyes and let out a huff. "My brother is an ass.. As much as I sometimes like him, he is just my half brother, and there is only so much I can take.. He... He didn't even defend me..." Magic said thinking back to his past. "He is just a time bomb waiting to break all of what I had created.." Magic said speaking mostly to Lamia, but didn't mind if the others heard. Vincent knew all of this already.

Vincent just gave his brother a cold stare, but couldn't help but look away when Mason mentioned that Vincent didn't even defend his brother. He was right. All of it was right. One day someone would ask, and Vincent would most likely tell them. The long haired boy closed his hand putting out the flame that he had managed to create. "It's true.." Vincent mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Hosa frowned softly as Magic went on about his brother, mostly at the 'didn't even defend me...' part. She could tell he wasn't talking to her - speaking toward Lamia mainly so while she wanted to speak up, she didn't. Instead, she let her mind think about those words. She would say she would be surprised, but she wasn't. Family could be important, but when they didn't trust you for who you were or thought of you as a monster...It was a strong betrayal - Hosa knew the feeling very well and it was one of the many reason her and her parents were on such horrible terms.

However, her attention was grabbed when Vincent quietly admitted that it was true as he manged to put out his hand. She moved quietly over to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving him a small smile. She wasn't sure of what to say, so she remained silent some more. She wasn't the best at comforting others, so this was the best she could do. She wondered however why Magic was so worried of his past. It was the past - it didn't matter now what had happened years ago. Magic clearly wasn't the same person that he was then...Hosa was far different from who she was two years ago when she arrived at Beata as well. But, she figured that others would judge Magic for his past. Not everybody was as easy going as her...
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Barry's eyes stayed widened. He wasn't used to families not getting along. Sure, the occasional fighting between parents or siblings, but this went much deeper. One step away from having to cover his mouth so he didn't blurt something stupid out, he decided to pull out a granola bar and began munching on it with an intense concentration, making sure he couldn't speak. He wanted to wait until the topic was changed before he spoke up. He didn't do well in tense situations such as this one.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:52 pm

The conversation ended short and dead, and Lamia realized it was clearly her fault. She ruined everything. It felt like it lasted forever, the haunting silence, and she wanted it to end. The Winter pulled away, stepping a few paces back to distance herself from the others, her eyes almost felt like they were watering up. The next words, she blurted out without even thinking again, "Th-that... I-is... um... th-that right...?" She almost started to shy away again at the indecencies of the others, not even trying to understand the situation. A small glance was cast over her shoulders, half-expecting some unsuspecting student to come by and break the tension like a knife slipping through butter, but she only saw an empty pathway outside the school. Where was everybody?

What the hell am I doing?

Her gaze fell, her bangs covering over her eyes as she attempted to bury away her shame. This situation couldn't help ease her self-consciousness, and wasn't helping her own posture at all. She shut her eyes and felt a small tear trickle down her rosy cheeks, her voice scarcely a whisper, "S-s-sorry..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Magic turned around to look at Lamia, and to look away from his brother. When he noticed the tears and stuff in her eyes, Mason dropped his tense attitude instantly. He moved closer to the girl, but not too close, and looked at her with soft eyes. "Hey hey. It's alright.. It's perfectly fine. My brother and I have our issues, but we still get along most of the time.." He said to the shy winter girl. "We can go back to the dorms if you would like. My brother has stuff to take care of anyway." Mason suggested to Lamia, hopefully that would help her feel better.

Vincent didn't bother to look at Hosa. A sigh escaped the younger brothers mouth. Finally he looked at Hosa, "Don't worry things will go back to normal eventually. I guess I need to get to the office... And make a phone call to my mother.. Oh dear that isn't going to end well." When Vincent mentioned his mother, a frown formed on his face. Neither of the brothers like their mother if you couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:35 am

Hosa simply nodded silently to Vincent. She had heard Magic's words to Laimia and while that made her feel a bit better toward the whole sibling rivalry thing, she thought she might as well do what she was good at - helping others so she cleared her throat. "I can take you to the office if you like, Vincent. As a prefect it's my job to help other students so..." she kinda drifted off afterwards, figuring that if Magic was offering to go back to the Winter dorms with Lamia, that this family reunion was pretty much over. Her eyes then flickered over to...Uh...The guy with the granola bar as she was left unsure of his name, wondering what he was planning to do. Was he simply going to go on his own or would be feel like coming with Hosa and Vincent to the office?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Barry looked up at the mention of going to the office. He wanted any excuse to leave the awkward situation. "I'll go with you. There's something I need to pick up there." He lied.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:44 pm

"Y-yeah..." she lied through gritted teeth. This whole experience had been miserable enough already, and now she had embarrassed herself in front of everybody. Just peachy. Sure, bring me to my emo corner so I can get drunk. Lamia briefly wondered if some higher power was screwing with her or if it was just a string of bad luck. She did not plan to cry and she definitely hadn't meant to. What the hell did she do to deserve this? Of course someone had to point it out. What could go wrong would go wrong. It was definitely a kind of law with her. Fighting back the tears welling up, she choked down her inner pain and whatever shred of pride she had left and hesitantly looked up at Magic.

Oh...

She couldn't believe it. Him too? Lamia stopped her gaze and quickly drifted it to the floor, unsure of whether she should be angry or grateful, only knowing that she was mostly embarrassed and inwardly abused. Why did everyone see her as a weak and innocent girl? Why not as an equal? Because you're worthless and pathetic. No, worthless was too much of a compliment. Of course, she was a necessary sacrifice for other people's lives to be better. To make them feel better. To make them look good. That was her only damn purpose here. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]   An Unexpected Visit [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An Unexpected Visit [OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next