Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

"Pass the damn ham, please." || open

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11305

"Pass the damn ham, please." || open Empty
PostSubject: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 7:13 am

A harsh rain had made home over the Beata campus for nearly three days. It was a hearty rain, complete with zig-zagged lightening streaks and the hearty cackle of thunder. At first, the rain was celebrated. It had seemed like the longest time since Beata had seen such a plentiful shower. But as the one day turned into another, and then another- people were praying for it's passing soon. Noa, however was not one of those people. She loved the rain. It brought her a calming peace, since people seemed to shut themselves up in their dorms when they heard the soft rumble of thunder.

The small girl was situated on the floor of the library. Her yellow raincoat was strewn aside and she had kicked off her small fish patterned rain boots, revealing a pair of brightly colored socks. Normally the librarian would've given any students a hard time. But Noa was frequently in the library and she had found a truce with the book keeper. As long as she put everything away, there was no issue. Due to this, Noa found herself surrounded by old classics that were stacked nearly as tall as she was sitting down. When she was done, she would put everything away, but for now she had every intention to stay for a while. Noa didn't really have many friends here at Beata and the few she did have seemed preoccupied somewhere else. She was alone a lot of the time, but often kept herself company with the characters in the book. After all, they didn't have the choice to leave her. And now as she brought an old copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" to her face and crossed her legs into criss-cross applesauce position, she heard the creaking of the old wooden doors leading into the library. The Spring girl's eyes could be seen peeking over the book and towards the direction of the door. No one normally entered the library when she was here and she was slightly startled to find that she was no longer in the company of only the librarian and Scout Finch.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

Beata Bucks : 11807

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:38 am

A tall orange haired girl pushed open the door to the library, stopping for a moment to poke her head inside. Her eyes filled with wonder as she caught sight of the seemingly endless stock of books that Beata had to offer.
Libraries were nothing new to her, they were actually one of her favorite places to observe people. She had also found that she could learn much from the books in these places, sometimes more than what her teachers told her in school.
It took her a moment to realize she was still standing in the middle of the doorway gawking at the books, quickly shuffling inside and letting the heavy door shut behind her. "Where do I even start?!" she whispered to herself, although the emptiness of the room seemed to make her voice louder than she had intended.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Noa noticed the new girl immediately. She was very tall, much taller than Noa, and her hair was unusually bright orange. Not to mention the fact that her voice boomed and reverberated throughout the library. Although it was clear that Noa hadn't been noticed by the girl yet, she knew it was only a matter of time. She closed the book back up and sat it lightly atop the pile, carefully balancing it so that the book stack didn't fall over. Then slowly, she slid into a standing position and peered over at the girl once more. She figured she should probably be friendly and introduce herself, but Noa was so awkward at these sort of things she only stood there and gawked up at the new girl and her tall frame. And because being tongue-tied wasn't embarrassing enough, her gift began to become into effect and Noa's dark brown locks starting mimicking the new girl's bright orange appearance.

ooc: Sorry, it's not my best post~
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:28 pm

Regina stopped and decided to glance around for a place to start looking for a book when something bright caught her eye. Turning her head to face it, she found a girl peering at her from behind a table. Even stranger was the fact that the girl shared Regina's own orange hair color. "I-I've never seen anyone who shared my hair color before..." she spoke out to the girl as she began to approach the table slowly and a little cautiously, "How'd you manage to do that?"

OOC: Same! XD
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Almost instinctively Noa pulled her head down and back towards her book, as if she had been mindlessly reading the whole time. But it was too late. The damage was already done.
She looked back up at the girl, who had approached her and was now standing far too close for Noa's liking. "I--" Then she was frozen. She processed each word in her head and nervously brought a strand of her hair up to her eyes for further inspection.
Her face lit up with a furious red. "Oh-- um no... This is-- it's not..." Noa swallowed in an attempt to regain her composure. But her attention was more fixated on her hair and after a few seconds of concentration, it returned to it's original deep brown appearance. "I didn't mean to do that." She admitted after a quiet pause. The girl looked down at the stack of books, piled up from the floor and miraculously keeping up by their lonesome. "Sometimes my gift is a silly goose." Noa chirped again, in her own awkward way of keeping the conversation going. She wasn't too great at being sociable.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Regina looked on in fascination as the girl's hair color changed again, but now to a dark brown, which she guessed was her natural hair color. "That must be a fun gift though!" she said with a friendly smile, "Far different from my own..."
She didn't mind so much that she was opening up the door to a conversation surrounding her gift, although she probably wouldn't have even acknowledged another person in the first place. Being at this school and meeting other people like herself had been a large steep in her coming to terms with her own gift, which would help her learn to control it better in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 1:04 pm

"It's not," Noa said sheepishly, inching closer to her books. "It's not fun." But she didn't say anything more. She didn't even inquire after this girls gift- although by the way the orange haired girl phrased it, Noa felt as though she wanted to talk about her gift. That was just the thing, Noa had already embarressed herself, so she didn't want to talk at all. Unless it was to Atticus Finch and the rest of the gang, at the thought she put a protective hand over the book.

The young spring flickered her eyes back up at the girl, she was still very close to Noa and despite her best wishes, she could feel a conversation about to bloom. Hopefully she wouldn't say or do anything to embarrass herself further, but the girl knew it was only a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Regina leaned in a little closer, trying to get a good look at what book the other girl was reading. It was just her luck that her wet shoe slid ever so slightly across the carpet and sent her down, coincidentally directly into the dark haired girl's stack of (formerly)teetering books. They had come tumbling down in a surprisingly muted fashion, although it was most likely due to the damp carpet. The "O-Oh!" she had exclaimed during the short ordeal seemed to be the only noise echoing around the whole library.
She quickly collected herself and set to work trying to gather the books that had splayed in practically every direction. "I-I so sorry!" Regina whispered loudly to the other girl, hoping that she hadn't just ruined the whole rest of the day for her; the person she hardly knew.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

And of course it seemed that her time had once again come. While this embarrassment wasn't self inflicted, it still stung, this time both physically and mentally. Noa found herself suddenly buried under what had once been her stack of reading materials. "Mmph-" She squeaked from underneath the avalanche of great American novels, pushing The Great Gatsby and The Catcher and The Rye off of her stomach.

Noa looked up at the girl as she apologized and quickly mumbled an acceptance to the exclamation, but she was far from happy. She had come here for some peace and quiet. Now all of her books- she had taken special care to order them in importance mind you- were violently strewn all around her and Noa was left in the mess. "You really don't have toooo.." She mumbled, watching Regina try to collect the mess she had caused. Despite her stand -offish attitude, Noa really was in no mood to be purposefully rude and judging by the state of her books, she needed the help. "Thanks erm-" Noa started biting her lip and relieving Regina from the books in her hands. "I don't think you said your name... I'm Noa."
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm

"My name's Regina," she said with a slightly nervous smile towards Noa. As she picked up the final few books from the damp floor she set them carefully- almost melodramatically- on the table the other girl had been seated at. "Again, I apologize for that, I'm such a klutz, and it doesn't help to be so socially awkward..." she added a small chuckle in an attempt to clam herself down a little and break the tension she could feel growing between her and Noa.
Back to top Go down
Never-Arrives

Never-Arrives

Beata Bucks : 10665

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 2:51 pm

...A loud bang was heard on the other side of the library. Zach had just burst into the room on his way to look for some indoor place with people, and possibly some books.
"Γεια σας! Don't mind me, I'll be as quiet as possible."
Zach was not as quiet as possible. He made loud steps, tripped over books, and even swore and ran into and bumped some bookshelves on his way to the "F" section of the nonfiction part of the library.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Regina whipped hear head around in an effort to find the out the origins of the person who seemed to be louder and more disruptive than she was. She managed to catch sight of a dark head of hair and a hint of a face she didn't recognize. She didn't even realize that she was unconsciously moving away from Noa, but she really didn't mind and had a feeling that the other girl wouldn't either-- in fact, Regina thought that Noa might be happy about her sudden departure.
The orange haired student tailed the new person, a content yet curious smile on her pale face. The only sounds in the Library now were the other dark haired persons loud movements and the rhythmic squeaking of her still-wet rain boots against the carpet.

OOC: This topic's a little old, but I don't really mind rekindling it! ^.^
But, if you ever want to, we can always make a new topic (you can PM me if you're interested! :D)
Back to top Go down
Never-Arrives

Never-Arrives

Beata Bucks : 10665

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 6:41 pm

OOC: I'll probably just DO it, you seem to have been plenty aware of this thread being rekindled. I'll probably only PM people who don't notice the new posts.

"Καταλαβαίνω!"
Zach came out from behind one of the taller shelves. He was beaming, marching toward the check-out and exit, flipping through a book.
"Yes! This is exactly what I'm looking for!"
Rambling on, not looking where he was going, he practically ran over Regina.
...And kept going.
"Excuse me...Hello!" He was late to the apologies with Regina, but greeted Noa easily, seemingly, and shockingly, distracted by her for a brief moment, before returning to skimming through the book.
He quickly reached the check-out, closing the book quickly, obviously intending to leave as soon as possible, and waiting for the attending librarian to check the book out.
Zach dashed to the "G" section as if he thought he had dropped something.
"Are Galliger's set in here too!?" He squealed, passing once again by Regina to get to his destination.
"The entire Finniger and Galliger sets of Gift Indexes, both right here?!"
Zach finally snatched the other book, and ran past Regina for a third time.
"Come on!"
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:09 pm

"W-Well I can see someone's a book worm!" Regina called after the boy as he kept crossing her path repeatedly to reach new books. She couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm. And I thought I was an avid reader..! she thought to herself.
She decided against trying to follow him further, preferring to watch him in his mad dashes. A thought struck her as she idly moved her leg back and forth and her wet boots emitted a rather large squeaking noise. Her eyes widened with the sense of oncoming danger and she quickly yelled out to the boy: "Hey watch out, the floor's all wet and slippery!"

OOC: I also highly doubt that Lilac will bother to post here, I think I already PMed her about it and she never relied... but, idk!
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Ooc: I am just going to post this here, even though I already PMed it to Never-Arrives.

This topic has been dead for over a month, which means a new person posting in it would be spam. Its no big deal though, this the first time this has happened, so don't worry about it!

Also, I owe you an apology Sandly, I never saw that you had posted, but I just checked, and you didn't send me a PM about it. ( it's cool though, don't worry)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Pass the damn ham, please." || open   "Pass the damn ham, please." || open Empty

Back to top Go down

"Pass the damn ham, please." || open
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next