Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Alright let's do this

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11683

Alright let's do this Empty
PostSubject: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Yep. She was sitting in the library. She was supposed to be studying. That's why she was here. But that was the last thing she was dong. Instead, she sat at a table bored out of her mind with a closed textbook shoved all the way to the edge to give her space to slam her head down if she wanted to. But she had even gotten distracted from taking a nap. Yes, Lindsey was sitting at this table with her head propped up on her left hand with her elbow on the table while she messed with a tiny spider that had found its way on the floor. She wasn't much for abuse, but she wasn't exactly abusing the spider... just controlling it with her mind. And she was making it dance. It was really cute actually. All she had to do was wave her finger in any kind of pattern and the small spider followed without hesitation and kicked its legs around like it was doing the Can-Can. It was so cute! But she was slowly growing tired of this. At least she was practicing her powers...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8753

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 pm

A low vibration sounded from the edge of the library, not far from Lindsey. A boy had his eyes glued to a novel, and a rather thick one at that. He flipped through the pages every now and then, loitering around in the corner without any apparent need to sit. When he took a small step, however, and it was very subtle and not really noticeable to one focusing on his face, the boy...fell.
The ground opened up into a pit of darkness under his foot, and before he could scream or make a sound, he dropped like a rock on Jupiter. Though, as he disappeared, his shadow remained.
No one was around to notice it but Lindsey.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm

As soon as she heard any kind of noise, Lindsey looked up, all of her focus lost on the little spider so that it scurried away unnoticed. But when she looked around, she couldn't exactly see much. All she saw was a bunch of tables used for studying and that one corner where that boy-- wait, where did he go? He was literally just there. There was no way he could have gotten up and left without her noticing. Without taking her eyes away from the spot where a guy once sat, she got up from her table and quietly walked over to it, finally noticing the shadow when she got closer. That was just a little weird. A shadow. She wasn't dealing with a ghost... was she? Either way, her heart began to race. At this point, she was really hoping this wasn't going to be like one of those stupid horror films where something pops out completely random and scares the daylights out of her. "Uh... hello?" She asked the corner softly and with a shaky voice. Where was that guy?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:03 pm

There was no reply. Just silence. The shadow, however, began to move. it was slow and left a trail that lingered for a second, but it was evanescent and disappeared soon after it was abandoned by the main body of the shadow. It started moving closer and closer to Lindsey, silent and all the more creepy.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm

As the shadow began to move, Lindsey was completely taken aback. That was impossible! That's what she thought while living in a school for the super-powered... She quickly took a few steps back to try to get away from this thing as chills shot down her spine and her eyes widened. It wouldn't stop getting closer. This thing was going to kill her. She just knew it. She got in way over her head and began dealing with a ghost. She's going to die. As she continued to back up, she ended up running straight into the corner of one of the vacant tables in the room, the corner of it jamming itself just above her hip. Of course, that freaking hurt, but she was so focused on her doom that she didn't even realize it until a scream got caught in her throat. Yeah. She was going to die alright, and now her death was going to involve a huge bruise.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Fwoop!
"Ack!"
Suddenly, the boy was flung out of the shadow, in the opposite way of where the girl was. The shadow disappeared as he reappeared. Groaning irritably, the boy rubbed his head that he had struck on a chair upon appearing from the shadow.
"Why does it do that...?" he murmured, though upon gazing at Lindsey, he hopped to his feet and put his hands forward in a panicky sort of gesture. "S-sorry, Miss. I couldn't get out of it. My power has a mind of it's own sometimes." he said, forcing himself to be quiet in the library. However, he didn't notice the little creature on his head. It seemed Lindsey's spider had found its way onto the boy's hair as he bumped into the chair and in doing so, the table.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:25 pm

After the boy had reappeared, it took Lindsey quite a bit to refocus on the situation. The shadow had disappeared so she was finally safe, but man did her hip hurt. Immediately grabbing her side where the bruise was, it took a lot of her to try to not to cry for a second as the pain subsided. As soon as it was finally subdued, though, she looked back up at the boy who had finally come back. Yep, the same guy as before. So, she could only guess that it had something to do with his ability. He then confirmed that when he actually began to speak. Finally standing straight up, Lindsey waved off his apology with a small smile on her face. "Oh, uh... it's okay. I understand that all too well," she replied, her nervousness of the earlier situation still present in her voice. As she studied the boy, though, she finally saw the spider. Oh no. How did it find its way all the way over here and manage to find itself on his head? Now she just prayed he wasn't scared of spiders. "But um, I do have a question. Are you at all afraid of spiders?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

"Erm, I guess not...?" he said, voice trailing off. "W-why?"
He went to rub his head, and he felt a crawling sensation. Immediately he shouted, brushing the spider off rapidly so that it fell to the floor and scurried away. Though, the shout was loud, and all eyes were focused on him...
Suddenly the librarian stormed in. The woman looked furious, and had a mad vibe to her fast paced walk over to the two. "You two! Get out of here!" she hissed at Garrett and Lindsey. Garrett, face red with embarrassment, nodded, placing the book in it's spot and walking out shamefully.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Lindsey looked at the librarian as she stormed over and told them to get out. As soon as she did, Lindsey immediately felt bad. If she hadn't started all of that with the spider, that would have never happened. Garrett wouldn't have had to deal with it and everything would still be fine. But she couldn't fix the past. With a small sigh, she grabbed what she had brought in which only turned out to be her textbook and silently followed the boy out the door, not even daring to make eye contact with the librarian on the way out. Instead, her gaze stayed locked on the floor until she closed the library door behind her and looked back for the boy she had just met. It didn't take long for her to catch back up to him, but she didn't really know what to say. It took a second for her to find words. "Um... sorry about that," she told him apologetically even though she really didn't have a whole lot to do with it. He was the one who had technically gotten them kicked out but she couldn't help but take the blame. After all that was her spider that she had toyed with that ended up on his head.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:50 pm

"Sorry?" Garrett asked as they had safely left the library with a few shreds of dignity. "What for? That spider wasn't a part of your army, was it?"
He added a small laugh to this statement, unknowing of Lindsey's power. He stopped at a bench, sitting down with a sigh. He was really into that book. The boy liked to read, and getting kicked out of the library was the last thing he thought would happen to him. He'd have to stay away from it for a while, which would be hard.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 pm

"Um, well..." she paused for a moment, beginning to get nervous. That little spider very well could be part of her army.. if she actually had one. Thankfully, though, she didn't. Instead she just liked to play with them and have conversations with them. No biggie. It didn't make her look crazy or anything. Lindsey anxiously began twiddling her thumbs as her gaze connected with the floor again. "Actually, I guess I could have a sort of spider army," she said with a small awkward laugh, only looking back up at Garrett to see his reaction. "That's actually part of my ability. Arachnid manipulation. B-But I promise I didn't make that spider crawl on your head or anything. It just kind of found its way there."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Garret blinked. "Well, if you did command it, then getting you kicked out of the library is my payback."
He then offered his hand. "My name is Garrett. I have gained a slight resistance to sudden falling sensations, so don't throw me off a cliff."
He might have thought it was funny, but it probably wasn't. Garrett wasn't a social alpha, and usually was that one kid who sat in the corner and read. Well, that and talked with his sister. When Alice found him, it was hard to get her away from him. More than once he would be found hiding from her, stealthily trying to make it to the Spring dorms without being caught by his peppy sister.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Even if his little joke wasn't that funny, Lindsey still laughed a little. It was still a little bit of an awkward laugh, but it was mainly out of nervousness. Her face had brightened a little though when he finally introduced himself and stuck out his hand. Carefully, she grabbed it and shook his hand as a greeting. "Hi. I'm Lindsey. It's nice to meet you!" she replied cheerfully. "So what was your power again?" She asked, not really remembering if he had actually told her or not. Probably not, but she was curious nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:07 pm

"I can manipulate shadows." stated Garrett. "Though, many times it ends up being the other way around."
The boy glared at the shadow stretching from his feet, as if it was a misbehaving child. The shadow didn't move at all, like the child was unfazed by its bad conduct. "Whenever I go into the ground, like you saw there, I feel like there is someone in there, you know. Someone who pulls me in and invites me into their own world. I feel like my shadow isn't just my obstruction of light."
There was a long pause, before Garrett snapped out of his solemn poetic state. "S-sorry, I don't mean to scare you. I am sure it is nothing." he assured rapidly, or as rapid as you can be after such a hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:34 pm

"Oh it's okay! I mean, I'm sure it is nothing," she repeated, waving it off like it was no big deal, although it did still kind of creep her out. The library experience was definitely one she wasn't going to exactly forget any time soon, but Garrett seemed to be a nice guy. Someone she could get along with pretty well. That was, if he enjoyed her company. "I guess in some ways, I kind of know how you feel. You see, not only can I control spiders, but I can communicate with them as well. Stupid, right? But they do have minds of their own and it's pretty scary when a black widow decides to land on your shoulder and threaten to bite you for messing up its web..." Her voice trailed off. Now she was just sounding stupid. In a way, it kind of lightened up the conversation, but at the same time she was just babbling and embarrassing herself. She was pretty sure he didn't care about spiders or care to listen to any stories of spiders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright let's do this   Alright let's do this Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright let's do this
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next