Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Minecraft Build Idea: The Gateway

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8792

Minecraft Build Idea: The Gateway Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft Build Idea: The Gateway   Minecraft Build Idea: The Gateway EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 pm

The Intergalatic Mankind Solar Gate, known commonly as The Gateway or IMSG, is a space station located at the edge of the Human Solar System. It is a human made structure, put into orbit around the sun in 2502, 312 years after humans launched their first manned spacecraft outside of the Solar System. Since then, they've met and maintained diplomatic relationships with many discovered species of intelligent life.

What is the IMSG? After a space pirate attack of 2417 led to a conquering and massacre at the Mars settlement of Küper, a city of 82,000 humans known as a prominent and pioneering stronghold in human planetary colonization, the International Committee (a reincarnation of the UN) was forced to take the threat of the larger universe into consideration. Illegal immigration was happening at a shameful rate, as many would bypass the immigration centers located on Saturn's moon Titan. The IMSG is a heavily guarded station, a large facility with radars powerful enough to detect millions of kilometers in any direction. The illegal passing into the solar system became much harder, and though it still was possible, put humans and other Solar System dwellers at ease.

Anyway, I would like to build this place! It will be really fun and we won't finish it.

What is the IMSG made of? I don't want to lay out everything right now, as I would like everyone's input on what should be there. My idea for it is sort of like a city in a compacted, room-based form. You know what I mean; we aren't going to have a lot of open air, except for maybe a park or scenic section. I want hallways and rooms and everything to be neatly on top of itself. Get inspired!

I also got an idea to do this while being reintroduced to the Mass Effect citadel. I obviously don't expect it to be as massive, but if you want to take a page from that book for some of the more open sections, here you go!

The most powerful body on the Gateway would probably be some kind of judiciary body, since it is more or less an intergalactic El Paso. Though it has blossomed into a self-sustaining culture hub and mini capital for the solar system, immigration is its main purpose, as well as catching criminals who pass illegally. It needs a courtroom or five, and some hangers with ships to catch bad guys. Or places to park good guys. Idk.

Lore would be a great addition to this project too. I don't want just rooms. I want rooms with diaries in them, maybe of people or other alien species. I want to tell a loose story with this, maybe something that would create a neat RP. I may outline potential alien species below, and if you would like to create some as well, that would be great. Overall, I just want to see if we can do at least a little of this. It sounds like it could be fun if we lay the groundwork. I mean, look at the stuff above, that looks like it'd be fun to make.

I'd appreciate feedback and ideas below. I would also like to know if you're interested in joining something like this. We'd be using Splotch's Realms server, so if you haven't been on yet or don't know if you're whitelisted, leave your username below.

Danke schön!

ALIEN IDEAS:

template:

Code:
[b]Name of Species:[/b] (e.g. Glagnon or Smashmush)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Description or image is fine. Tbh, former might be better, I don't want to steal some big famous species from Star Wars or Mass Effect or something. If it is something less-known, though, you can steal it, I don't care. |D)
[b]History:[/b] (More detail would be pretty great. Feel free to make a lot of shit up, like planet names and universe history, so long as it doesn't contradict other peoples' lore.)
[b]Cultural info:[/b] (Do they do anything weird that humans don't? Anything interesting?)
[b]Other info:[/b] (Whatever else about them you want to include.)
Back to top Go down

Minecraft Build Idea: The Gateway
Page 1 of 1