Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sam's Arrival (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

Beata Bucks : 9518

Sam's Arrival (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:23 pm

To say that Samantha Hyde was a generally angry person was the understatement of the year. She preferred the term passionate, but of course the little card in her wallet with the letters I.E.D. printed on it spoke otherwise.

She didn't like it when her parents wanted her to stay home and deal with things. She didn't like it when her parents suggested she go to a 'special' place to deal with things. It was her idea in the first place, and it made her mad that as soon as her parents agreed with her on something, suddenly she hated the idea. But that's just how things were in her particular household. Some of her friends had described the New York penthouse as similar to a museum. It's very beautiful and very cold, and you aren't allowed to touch anything. Rebellion was instilled in her at a young age.

She hated that her parents wouldn't let her go to the school on her own, even though she had her licence and was a fairly okay driver, and she could most definitely drive 26 hours to get there as long as she was driving away from her parents. It bothered her that she had to sit in on a plane with her brother next to her as if she was a child, staring out the window with quiet defiance as children often did when they were upset. It took her about five minutes to relax. Out of the many things that made Samantha Hyde angry, her older brother was not one of them.

The flight was about three hours, which gave her time to loosen up and think about what was yet to come. Her parents had wanted her to finish regular school before going to the 'special' school, but she was adamant on getting as far away from her stupid private school as she could as fast as she could, so her Grade 12 year would  begin at the new school. She thought about what the school would be like and how it would be different. The fact that there would be other people 'like her' comforted her in a way she couldn't explain.

Her brother, Branden, had rented a car to drive them to the school from the airport. Her brother told her that the academy was far from any civilization, so it would take a while to get there. Sam had fallen asleep in the passenger's seat about an hour in, and when she woke up Branden told her they were almost there. She couldn't tell how long they had been driving for, but she knew it had been a while.

Driving up to just outside the gates brought on a strange nervous feeling that Samantha kicked herself for. Branden asked if she was okay, and she told him that of course she was. He got out her bags, a large suitcase and a carry-on, and set them by her feet. He asked her if she was okay again. She replied with a roll of her eyes and a curse word pointed at his direction. He smiled and hugged her, and then he got into the rental car and drove away. Sam took a bag handle in each hand and began rolling her luggage past the gates and into the front of the school.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:18 pm

Keira happened to be on a stroll through the school that day. Normally she would be in her dorm or out in the forest, but her room mates were being too loud, and the forest was seeing more student activity than normal so she couldn't really escape people. Well it wasn't like she avoided people. Just most people she disliked more than others.

The blood manipulator was getting close to the entrance when she noticed another girl walking through with luggage. It seemed like everyday they were getting new students, and the winter feared the school would over flow with students one day. But Keira being Keira, and being interested in other's abilities decided to approach this new student. "Hello, you must be new here. I'm Keira." She said as she approached the girl.
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:58 pm

The new girl took a deep breath and put on a smile. "Hi," she began, "My name's Samantha, uh, Hyde. But you can just, uh, you can just call me Sam, I guess." Her gold eyes scanned the school for a moment before coming back to Keira.

"This is a very nice school," she commented. The telekinetic's smile was becoming more strained by the second. She hated the fact that she felt like she wanted to throw up, but suddenly it was like the I.E.D. card in her wallet was burning a hole in her pocket. She gritted her teeth and closed her mouth for a toothless grin that somehow seemed more sincere than the smile she was faking before. "Are there a lot of people that go here?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm

"Alright Sam it is then." Keira said. "As for there being a lot of people? We have a decent amount, though I tend to avoid the more populated areas. So I wouldn't know for sure." The winter girl said with a shrug. "And the nature around the school is nice. As for the school itself? I guess so."
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:28 pm

"So, uh, how does the school work?" Sam asked. "I mean, is there like a Hogwarts-style system? People sorted into different houses, that sort of thing? I mean, I've tried to research this place but you guys keep this place pretty wrapped up so. . ." She fidgeted slightly. A three hour plane ride and then a how-many-hour-long car ride had her exhausted. She just wanted to finally settle into a room, unpack her things, and relax.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm

"You take a test for you personality, and based on your personality you are sorted into one of four houses. I'm not sure if that is Hogwarts like or not." Keira shifted in her spot, shoving her hands into the pockets of her school uniform, which had the winter house patch on it. "As for the school in general? It's like ever other school except there is an extra class at the end of the day. Just for practicing your gift."
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 4:52 pm

"Yeah, I think I remember taking that test," Sam mentioned. "I guess now I just, uh, I just wait to be sorted." She glanced around for a moment before returning her gaze to Keira. "So a whole class just for practicing your gift, huh? What's that like?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

"Well it's kind of chaotic, but it's also organized. Basically the teacher gives you a task to practice on, and basically you practice if for the whole class. I have only been to a few of them." Keira explained to the new student.
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Samantha nodded. "Sounds like it's going to be, well, interesting," she commented. She took a deep breath, looking at the doors of the school. "I guess I better get in there and see if they have my dorm room picked out for me yet." She gave the student a small smile. "It was nice meeting you, Keira."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sam's Arrival (Open)   Sam's Arrival (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sam's Arrival (Open)
Page 1 of 1