Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Here Again [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9373

Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Well she would probably end up going crazy from all she would have heard. He still wasn't aware that she couldn't feel anything. He hadn't even thought to ask.. He would have given up his hearing in a heartbeat if you asked him a couple years ago, he didn't want to deal with the pain then. He didn't want to deal with his gift at all but now. Now he didn't want to have someone else suffer with his hearing, now he was used to everything that his gift did. The only thing he wasn't used to was the sudden loud noises.

Another rumble came along, but it didn't sound nearly as loud. That was because Magic had basically put up a 'barrier' of sorts. Well he just basically used his gift to muffle any sounds that would come from the outside. It was a bit tiring but he didn't really want to have his ears killed tonight. Anything on the inside of the room would sound normal, but the thunder, the sound of rain, and any other noises that would normal be heard from the outside would be a lot softer.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10623

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 6:44 pm

The normally deafening wake of thunder suddenly seemed quieter and muted, almost to the point where it might as well be a tiny mouse's squeak. It was like back when they were with those twins. Gloomy skies, overcast gray clouds, and an entire campus dampened to the point where it didn't seem like it would dry up for days upon end. He had decreased the volume like it was a radio, turning the dial down. Wasn't that going to put a strain on him as well? He doesn't want your help. Right, of course. Not like she could do anything useful in the end. Yeah, really dumb of her to think she'd be of any use here. All of it was just some silly theory that came to mind with nothing to prove that it'd work. Stupidstupidstupid...

Dropping her eyes back to the ground, Adeline stopped shuffling her feet and let them dangle as though she were sitting on a precarious cliff. She tried to find the right words to say something, but everything was caught in her throat and unwilling to be voiced. So she kept quiet. It was probably getting annoying to hear her ask if he was going to be fine. It was probably getting annoying to hear her stutter and apologize, too. How could anyone stand her?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Magic didn't really know what to say. He was fine with silence, but this didn't seem like a comfortable silence. It honestly seemed to him that Adeline was uncomfortable with the silence.. like something bad was going to happen. He was getting a bit stiff sitting on the piano bench so he decided to stand. He stretched, raising his arms above his head and standing on his toes to stretch basically his back. After doing so he twisted from side to side, then stood normally again.

He stood there for a moment debating on what to do.. He could always exercise to pass the time.. That was normally what he did when he was bored, and there was nothing else to do.. Well normally he sat and watched tv when that was an option. Exercising a little bit seemed liked the best option, even in a room like this he could figure out something to do.. Then his laziness decided that exercising was in fact not a good idea.

Another idea sparked in his head, but it was just something to do out of complete boredom. Surely she would question it, and he might end up falling over and embarrassing himself. "Eh.. Fuck it.." He said to himself. The winter boy walked over to a clear part of the room raised his hands above his head. Then in a fast motion the boy leaned down placed his hands on the ground, raising his legs into the air into a handstand. He let out a small grunt as he tried to keep himself balanced. After a few seconds of staying there he kicked his legs down, and stood up straight, straightening out his shirt, that happened to fall slightly during the handstand.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 pm

When Magic unexpectedly got up, Adeline tilted her head a bit, glancing at him curiously. Had he started getting some sort of ache from sitting around for too long? Or did he just want to exercise for a bit? Should she be commenting on something like this? She couldn't exactly say how long it had been since they stopped talking and knowing her own gift, she could probably check if she wanted to. But knowing her luck, it'd be bad to address that kind of situation or anything along those lines. If he wanted to do something, there was no need for her to question it. It was just one of those things where you kind of just went along with it, right?

She always went with the flow, never trying to come up with her own ideas or make her own decisions. It was always asking what someone else wanted or having them make the choice for her out of her own lack of confidence and indecision. Selfishness was to blame as well. Almost like playing marionette, held by the strings of fate and asking others to drag you along the stage to make sure you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. A performance on stage should never have any mistakes and when you have someone as useless as her, you're bound to have to take them by the hand and guide them as though they were a naive, little child. That was the one thing she hated but couldn't change about herself.

There wasn't much she had been expecting from his routine. After all, he was just stretching. But when he had said something under his breath that could scarcely be deciphered as a swear, her attention perked up and she watched him. Adeline hadn't been expecting to get into a handstand. There were a few other things she would've expected like attempting to break the wall open or just dropping onto the floor and giving up with whatever he was doing out of exhaustion. A handstand was one of the last things she had thought up of.

Once the deed was done, violet-blue eyes stared at him for a moment and by the time he had gotten back on his feet, Adeline became consciously aware that she had been staring in the strained silence. Her gaze flickered nervously back to the floor and she wrung her hands. A flush of red streaked across her cheeks, and she tried to find something to say. "I-I'm uhm..." Her voice trailed off into nothingness.

Don't just let it drag on, you moron.

What the hell should she say then?

. . .

Fuck it.

"U-uhm... D-did you n-n-need to stretch?" The words came out innocently, in genuine curiosity. She wasn't going to completely ask him what the hell he was doing in the middle of the room. That would've been rude, after all. Everything about her posture and expression betrayed naivety.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Magic shrugged. "I had too, and I did. Now the handstand? I was bored and I felt like it." He knew that she would have asked. There wasn't really any other reason for it, except that he was bored. "I hadn't done one in a while, and wondered if I could still do it. Kind of surprised I didn't fall flat on my back." Now he was back to not knowing what to do. Honestly he wanted to get out of the room, and go out in the courtyard or somewhere open. He wanted to do all kinds of tricks now to see if he could still do them. If he tried something like that here, then he would probably end up destroying something. He knew that he couldn't get out of here without setting off the alarm.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:54 pm

His answer was so direct and straightforward as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. It probably was something that went completely over her head. That only made the situation more awkward. Her mouth opened to say something, but the words never left her throat as though it would make everything more embarrassing and shameful on her part. Was that it? Or did she actually not know what to say after that? A queasy smile crept up her face, and Adeline mumbled, "O-oh... I-I'm s-s-sorry for asking." What a stupid reply. Completely pathetic and awful. She was apologizing again.

That was something that had become a habit and she couldn't break away from it anymore; and it was easy to blame her when the room's atmosphere grew more and more uncomfortable. Maybe the whole idea was just getting to her head but she couldn't help but think that the portraits plastered on every wall was glaring daggers right at her. Served her right for trying to question something that shouldn't be questioned. If Magic wanted to try all of these fancy tricks, she shouldn't try and ask him what he was doing. Might as well be giving him the wrong idea and asking him to stop.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:46 pm

He didn't mean to make it sound like it was an obvious thing. He just wanted to answer it, without dancing around it. "There is no need to be. I would have questioned it too, cause it's kind of weird to see someone do a handstand at random." Magic said, as he sat down on the floor. After a moment he eventually feel back to where he was laying on the floor, yep it came to this. "Honestly thought I was going to embarrass myself when I did it. I was expecting to totally collapse and hurt myself somehow, but I guess sort of keeping up with some training helped make it work out in the end." He said kind of making a conversation. He didn't really expect a reply from the girl.

By sort of keeping up with some training, I mean he still trains everyday, but not to the caliber that he did before he came here. From skipping school a lot, he had a lot of time to train, and that is mostly what he did with his time. He would train for a while, take a break, then train some more, and that process would repeat til he ran out of time. So what he does here is a lot less.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 1:36 am

No offense to Magic, but if he thought doing a handstand out of nowhere was kind of weird, he would certainly have a fun time trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with the school. Each student was stranger than the last one you met in their assortment of powers and personalities or even the accessories they wore. Nobody was a complete mirror of someone else here; just a different special snowflake floating down from the grayest of skies and blanketing the world in eternal snow. The academy was a microcosm in its own right. Murderers, sociopaths, rebels, neutrals who just went through the motions, warriors of justice, and people who seemed to be too nice for their own good. Bullies, pushovers, clutzes, trained fighters. You name it, and the school probably has someone along those lines. There really couldn't be anything considered weird in this school. Or any place. After all, who was she to judge?

There was no way she could criticize people or see them as peculiar when she was just some shrinking violet. Sure, maybe there were other students who were just as awkwardly shy and reserved as she was, believing they're completely worthless in every way possible. The difference? They actually had value in them and leave some kind of imprint on someone else's lives before growing into their own beautiful flower. That's what happened in any story line where the character type was prominent; it wouldn't be used so much in this kind of manner if it wasn't proven true at one point or another.

As the argument goes, maybe the same could apply to her. Maybe she wasn't all that pathetic in the end. It was a scarce hope to believe that. Her entire existence was practically a walking bad luck charm, bringing misfortune and raining unwanted burden onto everyone around her - directly or not. The one feature that set her apart from all of the other introverts. Fate decreed it and so be it.

What use am I? Just a waste of space.

Adeline listened to his explanation, nervously laughing when he mentioned the word 'collapse'. Magic always seemed like the kind of person who was fit and athletic, his endurance, stamina, and strength far surpassing his peers. He didn't get second place in the tournament for nothing. But to mention that he would embarrass himself if he failed a handstand in front of someone who was as fragile as glass, fainting or feeling nauseous after a minute or two of running? It made her envious that he believed balancing himself on one hand was easy. That kind of physical capability never was hers and never will be. And she hated herself for letting this jealousy grow.

Stop thinking about it or I will personally kill you myself.

Death was tempting. It'd be good for the people around her. Less weight to carry on their shoulders. They'd finally get rid of that clingy girl who couldn't do a single thing on her own. But her family would never be okay with that. Was Magic being serious when he said he'd care too? Or was it some staged act to taunt her into going through with it?

Hunching her shoulders inward a bit, she kept her eyes glued to the floor, trying to banish her thoughts away to another realm or dimension. Softly, she mumbled under her breath in a hasty manner in hopes of distracting herself in some shape or form. The words slipped past her tongue in a clumsy fashion, almost intentionally. "Uhm... Idon'tgetwhyyou'dbeembarrassed..." She regretted saying the phrase immediately.

"I m-mean... I j-j-just..." Her voice trailed into nothingness, her bangs overshadowing her eyes.

Why did she even have the ability to speak?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh he knew how weird the school, and it's students could be. He was a prefect after all. He saved a girl from plant boy a couple months ago. It was honestly really weird, but nothing he hasn't dealt with before.. Well the gift part of it was new, but not much else was new. He, himself, was pretty weird. He could be classified as a murderer now.. along with a bunch of other things.

Her question was a good question. Honestly he didn't really know how to answer. Why would he be embarrassed? Well one it would probably hurt if he fell.. but it was probably didn't want to make himself look like a fool in front of her though, he has probably already done that numerous times.. So instead of answering he just shrugged. Then he realized she probably couldn't see it, so he simply responded, "I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:05 am

Right, right, right... Of course he didn't know. Or rather, he didn't want to answer a stupid question like that. Who would? This made it easier for her. They wouldn't have to take as much anymore and the conversation would drop, and the familiar quietness would shroud the room once again. It meant that she wouldn't have to take the time and attempt to figure out what to say next with each response and she wouldn't have to feel so sheepish and pathetic every time she did speak up. What a terrible excuse. Nothing that came out of her mouth made sense, people would look at her oddly as though they had just seen a ghost. Her voice was always soft and paper-thin. That was why she could avoid conversations.

But Magic? He heard every single little word, even under her own breath. He was able to hear every single little thing she wanted to hide and pretend didn't exist. He knew when she was lying. She hated that; she didn't want to be noticed. Yet, there was a part of her that was grateful that he took a bit of his time to be around her and deal with her uselessness. There was no reward for him in all of this. Was he really doing this because he wanted to or because he felt bad for her sorry state?

God have mercy. Maybe she was fretting about this too much. It wasn't something that she should be worrying about. Too much of it was about her and it didn't seem like Magic was all that great with their awkward silences. How selfish of her. Adeline shook the thoughts out of her head with a quiet sigh, slightly looking up to see what he was doing before immediately averting her eyes again.

If only fate would strike her dead on the spot - she wouldn't complain. She didn't know what to do or say now.

"Y-you should get s-s-some rest." That was the second time she mentioned something like that in the past two hours. His responses were getting shorter and shorter, almost to the point where it seemed like he wasn't interested in the conversation anymore. Who would be, honestly? But he was tired. From holding up the sound barrier to having to deal with her and attempt to have some kind of discussion going, it was only inevitable. It'd be a little lonely in the room, but she was used to it.

No one paid any attention to her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Holding up the barrier was tiring him out but he could deal with it. He could deal with being tired. Why was she suggesting that he should sleep again? "Nah, I'm good. Besides if I go to sleep so will my gift, and then I will only be awoken by thunder so there is no point." Then there was the chance of being waken up by nightmares. So there wasn't a point.

He ended up sitting down against the wall, letting his legs stretch out in front of him. The wall was cold, and so was floor, but he didn't care. "I appreciate the concern though." His gray-green eyes looked up at the girl, and studied her for a second. He wasn't sure, but every time he was around her, he felt a little calmer than normal. Well when she wasn't suggesting that she didn't care if she died.. It was an odd feeling, and he wasn't quite sure what it was.. Did he like her in a romantic way? He looked away from the girl, and narrowed his eyes slightly. If so that would explain the blushing from earlier.. It would probably explain a lot of things. His eyes kept moving around the room, as he got lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 7:38 pm

"D-don't overwork y-yourself."

She didn't need to finish her thoughts or add anything else - there was no need to. Adeline shifted uncomfortably in her seat, glancing from the corner of her eyes where Magic was and bit her lip. That sentence was one of the most hypocritical things she had ever said. But it wasn't the same with him. He didn't have any reason to try and push himself so hard to the point of exhaustion. What did he have to prove? Nothing. Unless there were other circumstances that she didn't know of. It wasn't good to jump to conclusions. What was she thinking?

Adeline shifted again, drawing her arms closer to her chest. There wasn't much to talk about. She wasn't interesting - everything in her mind was plain as all of hell. All of those stupid things from her past, as fun as they were, came off as pathetic and childish to anyone else. It was something she shared with only two other people. It was why it was nostalgic. Even if something about it slipped up, its effect would leave Magic more baffled than before. Stop thinking about these things. Those days won't ever come back. Those days were long gone, swept away to something akin to a far-off land.

Out of desperation to seek for some kind of familiar comfort, she took a deep breath, searching for something in her mind that would at least allow her to muster up some kind of courage to find a decent conversation. There wasn't anything. Of course there wasn't. Why would there be? Absentmindedly, her hand reached up towards her neck.

The realization suddenly hit her, making her heart sink. She still had no idea where her necklace was. With Kearn's invitation to come back home for Christmas, he was going to kill her at this rate. Not that it would be a bad thing.

Adeline wasn't sure if her next words came out right. "Wh-what do you pl-plan to do f-f-for another four hours?" As if she thought the statement needed to be clarified, she softly added, "S-since you're n-n-not sleeping, I m-mean..." She ducked her head down as the faintest shade of red quickly colored her cheeks.

Nice conversation choice, moron.

Not like she could think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 pm

He just sat there basically staring at nothing lost in his thoughts. He seemed almost like he was sleeping with his eyes open, but he was just thinking. He straightened up slightly when her voice interrupted his thoughts. They still had four hours? Huh.. "Well.. hmm.. There isn't much to do in a music room besides playing music, and I can't remember much of any other songs.." There wasn't much to do in here. A thought appeared in his head, his face turned slightly red at it. His hand instantly went to his face to cover the growing redness.

He took a moment to clear his head, there really wasn't much to talk about. "Um.. Well.. Have you seen Barry, and Aspen in a while?" He decided to ask about the two friends that they shared. He hadn't seen either of them in a while. Barry since the madness thing, and Aspen since before that. She might have seen them, who knows? He wouldn't be surprised though if she said she hadn't.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Couldn't remember any other songs? Really? Did he not see the binder filled with sheet music still sitting on the piano stand? No. Magic knew it was there. He just couldn't read it very well and it'd be strenuous for him to try and play while sight-reading constantly. Straining his eyes and overworking his mind. Yeah, she'll keep her mouth shut about this. Would be better if she did. Yup, no point bringing up something that silly. It was stupid anyway. Definitely stupid... Haha... God, she wanted to kill herself right now.

Adeline blinked, wringing her hands at the mention of their other two friends. The last time she had seen Barry was back in the forest where well... that happened. Aspen was even longer before, the only sign of her being when she had visited some time ago at the infirmary after well... that other thing. Why was it that she only seemed to see anyone she enjoyed being around in bad situations? She might as well be cursed with misfortune.

Softly, she shook her head. "I h-haven't... s-s-sorry." From prefect work to covering for him to trying to get her studies in, there practically wasn't any free time to herself until late into the night. At least it helped that she didn't sleep anymore and couldn't feel tired. No one could suspect a thing. Except her eye color change, which was easily solved with a quick explanation of 'it's just my gift' or something along those lines. Who could argue with that?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 pm

He had forgotten about that. Honestly it was kind of hard to focus on some things. Having to keep up the sound barrier, made him lose focus on other things, and make his thoughts a bit more scattered, which is why that one thought appeared in his head. He wasn't too surprised when she said that she hadn't seen them. He already knew that she was most likely busy. She even bothered taking care of some notes for him. "Ah, I figured you wouldn't have. You seem like you have been super busy with somethings." While all he was doing was skipping classes, and hiding away in his room. Honestly he was still trying to fix himself mentally, it seemed to be going pretty well. He would probably returned to taking classes soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Again [Closed]   Here Again [Closed] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Here Again [Closed]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next