Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9403

I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:39 pm

It was true that he didn't jump into fights as quickly as he used to.. but he still used a lot of what he did in the past. He still broke bones.. he still got into fights.. he still had a mostly distant personality.. To him it seemed like nothing had changed at all.. His eyes looked over at Barry's arm.. He could still clearly see that it was broken. He saw broken bones enough to know what one looked like. Sometimes he even saw the bone coming out of the skin..

But Barry was sort of right.. Magic never really shared every detail with a person. Neither of them knew the full story. Only Hosa had a summary of the full story.. He never let people too close.. Mason knew he would hurt them.. He tried to take everything on his own.. Like someone else >> There wasn't really a point in trying to argue with either of them. He knew what was truly going on with him.. And he knew what he thought of himself.. The boy let out a sigh.. "I want to smoke.." He stated softly.. then looked over to Lamia.

Gray-green eyes looked her up in down. Her posture seemed slightly off, and the way she stood did make her seem weakened, but she didn't really lean on anything for support. So she didn't seem that weakened so why did she stand up so slowly? He leaned slightly over and looked at the tree, and the way it was splintered.. He must have done that... shit.. she most likely had splinters dug into her back.. and she was probably bleeding.. "You are injured aren't you?" He asked not particularly referring to her hand on her arm.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8490

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Barry looked over to Lamia and noticed that she was indeed standing differently than what she usually did. "Yeah, are you okay? And don't try to hide it, either. We know better." He said. His arm, unknown to anyone, was beginning to heal, slowly but surely, and would be better by the next day. He looked over to Magic. "Umm.. maybe we should make a makeshift splint? I've always been a fast healer, and I'm not too sure how long this will take. Hours, maybe a day or so." he said, motioning to his arm.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10653

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 pm

"I-I u-uhm... st-still h-h-have the c-cigarettes i-in m-m-my b-bag... i-if you h-have th-th-the lighter."

... Fuck. She shouldn't have said that, should she? It was unhealthy and Magic had given them her just so that he wouldn't be tempted to grab one and smoke. But who was she to deny what he wanted? He needed something to cool down, relax, and if it helped him, then it would be fine. God, everything she thought about was completely contradicting and never made any sense. There were those times that she thought it would be alright one way and would second-guess her and do it a different way, making it all the worse. She knew it was bad, but it wasn't like she could protest against anything. That wouldn't be fair. If he wanted to, then he should. Her eyes wandered to the bag, left in a heap off to the side about six feet away from her, untouched and half-open. Should she get them? It'd risk moving her hand, but if she positioned herself in a way that it was facing away from them, then maybe it'd be alright. Did he even want them?

Probably. Just as she was about to walk over there, Magic had to ask, and immediately, Barry followed in return. What was the point in saying the question if they already knew better? It was redundant. Lamia closed her eyes for a moment as she turned to face them, accompanied with a smile, "I-I'm f-f-fine." When they opened, it flickered to a dull blue without shine reflecting off of them, almost lifeless, before turning gold again. Bending down, she reached into her bag, pulling the cigar pack out before searching through and looking for anything that would help Barry, now that he mentioned it. The best she could find was a small amount of ace bandages. Both items were in her hands, and she had wound up forgetting about her clock as she wound up giving Magic the box before carefully wrapping the elastic bandages around Barry's broken arm, sneaking in a small heal for the major damage and treading warily to not physically touch him.

You fucking idiot, were the first words to come to mind as she took a step back. She had tried to do something they wanted instead and wound up having to move not only her hand, but walk. She had walked how she normally would, as though she hadn't just recently been injured. Except, would they be able to see that trivial detail? Oh, they would. Whenever she was close to fainting or took severe damage, she always wound up stumbling a bit and having difficulty breathing. Yet, here she was, seemingly alright after getting wood thrown into her back and probably still piercing through her flesh like needles. She forgot to be cautious, and suddenly, her secret might as well be out.

What would she say first if they asked? Why she was acting normal? What was with the countdown on her shoulder? Why the hell she had ace bandages handy? Just be vague. Don't answer completely. Don't make them curious. Make them more concerned with getting back to the school instead of bothering with what was with her. Leave early. Something. Something? Too many choices, only one opportunity, only one was right. Which one should she go with?

Oh.

Her head lowered, allowing her bangs to cover her eyes again as her expression darkened. She let her guard down at a bad time.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Magic looked at the girl as she walked over, he couldn't help but take note of the different color that was on her shoulder. So thats what she had been hiding? The boy clinched his teeth. He knew it. He just knew it.. He was going to avoid asking about it right now. He knew she wouldn't answer, she never did. He wished she would tell him more stuff, but he knew there wasn't a hope of that.. The girl never answered anything, she never told him anything. Hell, she couldn't even tell him what she wanted to do.. It was always what he wanted.. and he was kind of sick of it..

No he didn't have a lighter. Reaching a hand out he took the carton, and stuffed it into his back pocket. He didn't have the lighter because he was trying to leave the school. He figured he didn't need it. Though he was kind of surprised that Barry didn't even react to what he said about smoking.. The boy shifted and stood up. He knew both Barry and Lamia were injured because of him, and they needed to get back and get that taken care of.

"Let's head back.. You need your arm fixed.." He said to Barry, and his eyes shifted over to Lamia. "And you need to get your back taken care of.. Either you go to the infirmary, or you get my help with it.. or you take care of it yourself.. Just make sure you get it taken care of alright?" He said to the girl. He wanted to say something else but it would most likely make the girl freak out so he thought it instead. And you owe me some answers..
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Barry watched as the girl put the bandages on his arm. "Thanks." he said. Unbeknownst to him, however, because of Lamia healing his hand a bit, it "jump-started" his super speed healing. While he had always been a quick healer, it would be at least 5x faster now. "Yeah, we should head back. Hopefully no one heard us out here."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Maybe it was just lucky this time, just complete luck. They didn't ask her anything. Either they didn't notice or were too concerned with something else to bother with it. Absentmindedly, she let out a small sigh of relief, Lamia lifted her head a bit with a brighter smile. Both of them wanted to head back at this point, and she would've been fine with it if Magic hadn't made the mistake of telling her to get treatment for the injury on her back. Could it be considered bad if she couldn't feel anything? She could just ignore it and nobody would know if there was anything that happened. It would've been fine to leave it on its own. Her mind wandered, and she only realized that it would be bad to do that. Kearn would never leave her alone if he found out, and Magic... he'd ask her about it eventually and would know if she was lying just from hearing her speak, no matter how quiet it was. "I-I'll g-g-get i-it m-myself..." It'd be a bother if Logan saw her in the infirmary. Again. And she would prefer to stay as far away as possible from there as legitimately possible. And hey, Magic gave her the option this time. That's something.

But, she didn't want to go back yet. After all of that time, she never considered searching in the forest yet. Would've been nice to have metal detection as a gift at this time. Life wasn't ever that convenient, though. At least, not with her. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Lamia shook her head, mumbling softly under her breath, "I-I... u-uhm, n-n-need to d-do s-something f-f-first." Both of them could catch up to her if she just left. Superspeed. Moving with sound waves. It wasn't like she was planning to stay in the forest the entire night - the possibility of falling asleep was high - and it was just to look for something. They didn't need to be bothered with what she had to do right then and there. It was probably hopeless to think of scouring the dense trees and every thicket, and it probably wasn't even around the general vicinity.

Still worth a shot to cling onto just a tiny bit of hope. Without another word, she turned on her heel and began her path in the opposite direction of the school and deeper into the forest. The sun was still high and she could keep track of time on her own. There wasn't much problem with her leaving. It wasn't anything they had to worry about. After mentally bracing herself to be picked in and out and having to tell the truth, it was rather alleviating to keep herself quiet again. Maybe another day... One day, she'd have to say something but that day was not today.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Magic blinked. She was going to do something now? As she headed away from the two Magic could fully see how damaged her back was. She didn't need to go out with that. The boy gave off a sigh and quickly caught up with the girl, and grabbed her sleeve instead of her arm. "Lamia, we really need to head back. You are injured and you need to take care of it. You don't need to let it sit and get infected." Magic looked back to Barry. "You can take care of whatever it is later.." He said to the girl, basically pleading for her to come back with them.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Barry nodded. "He's right. We need to get back. All of us." he said.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm

She would've thought they wouldn't follow, but that was always a stupid thing to believe. It was like she couldn't catch a break around them, that they were constantly telling her this and that just because she wasn't healthy; it wasn't like she had destroyed her spine and couldn't walk anymore. When something snatched a part of her sleeve, she didn't feel the pull and almost continued walking. Until everything seemed harder to move. Stopping in her tracks, Lamia didn't look back, drinking in the words of her friends before attempting to release herself from Magic's grip. Goddamn, he was either holding too tightly or she couldn't feel it enough to figure out how to get herself out of this. He wanted her to go back, and she contemplated it for a moment, everything he said being reviewed in her head like a machine checking for any mistakes in its system.

Truth be told, Lamia would've said yes. Except... She was injured and he wanted her to take care of it. Head back because she was injured. Needed to take care of it. Take care? No. Maybe he'd be more worried if she declined, but this was ridiculous. How many times had she been to the infirmary at this point? She lost count. It was becoming bothersome to keep going there and it'd only make people more sick of her. The more she had to head over there, the more likely it would be that students would talk about it and constantly treat her like a child who needed to be looked after twenty-four seven. And she hated that. Slowly, she shook her head with a small, muted reply, "I-I h-h-have to d-do this n-n-now. Pl-please go b-back w-w-without m-me."

"Y-you tr-trust m-me... D-don't you?" Perhaps it was a bad idea to bring that up. It was a terrible idea. The last time she said something like this... Nope, didn't end well. Managing to free herself, Lamia took another step forward hesitantly before mustering up whatever confidence was left to keep going. It wasn't like she planned to be out long... What was there to worry about? An injury that didn't phase her at all? Did they even notice anything? Or did they not care enough to bother with it? Doesn't matter to you either. They weren't stopping her, and at this point, she'd prefer if they did head back - just the two of them. It would be fine in the end.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Trust? She was bringing up trust now? If he trusted her? Well he though he could, but apparently she didn't trust him. Couldn't even tell him one fuckin thing. She wouldn't even tell him about a damn nightmare she had! He was so tempted to say No. or I thought I did. But he knew that would get them no where. He wanted to punch something again, but he took a moment to calm himself down.

"Don't you trust me? I have dealt with enough wounds to know if you don't take care of that soon it will be bad later." The boy paused for a moment. "Whatever it is, is it really more important than your health?" Not that is that great already, but.. "You push yourself too fuckin much! You are going to end killing yourself if you keep on like that.." The winter looked away. "Not that you care.." He let out a sigh. "You don't realize the effect it would have on others.." He was getting frustrrated. "You are so fucking selfless, and so damn selfish and stubborn at the same time!"

No matter what he did. No matter what anyone did, he knew she would probably end up killing herself in the end.. somehow or someway. She would always think of herself the same way, she would never end up telling him anything. So why did he even care? Why did he fucking care? The boy shifted slightly, oh yeah.. she was the light he never realized he had.. or something like that.. It hurt him to know that she didn't care about herself at all.. It hurt him to know she would probably never trust him the same way he trusted her.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Barry physically jumped at Magic's outburst. He was still incredibly jumpy. "I agree with Magic." the Autumn said. "Whether you realize it or not, people care about you Lamia. Can you even comprehend what would happen if all of a sudden, you just, I don't know, left, or died, or worse? Do you remember what it's like to have people honest to God care about you?"
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Did she trust him?

Maybe she never said it directly and that's why he didn't think so. Everything was so subtle. But she did, more than most. It was just better if the past remained in the past and she shouldered it all on her own. He didn't need to find out. It was always better if they didn't know. Let them remain in the dark. It wasn't worth the time and effort for them to try and fix. It was her problem alone.

Her distance from them was close enough that she could still hear the words piercing the air, and she ceased walking, listening in without even batting an eyelid in their direction. He misunderstood her words from back then. She knew exactly what she said. If something went wrong, it'd be best if she was the sacrifice; hell, she even told him that she wasn't planning to die anytime soon, but maybe that time too, was just another lie. Her eyes were glued to the trail snaking in deeper and deeper into the forest into a black abyss, and her feet betrayed her path was off the main road. There was a gust of wind, golden leaves drifting and fluttering around like a clutch of gaudy butterflies, the sky a harsh blue and sun filtering through the trees. Did he forget that she could heal herself? Did he forget that she had been drugged, a knife held at her neck, and choked? How much worse could a bunch of splinters be? But why did it matter in the end? She was just a fucking waste of space.

Her mouth slowly opened to speak but she didn't get the chance to in Magic's final outburst. Selfish? Holding one hand out in front of her, it was almost as though red was dripping again, splashing into a pool of blood below. She had always been self-centered, egotistical, a complete jerk. No matter how much she tried to consider others' needs, there was always that biting, teeth-clenching envy that made her feel absolutely worthless in her efforts. What would happen if she suddenly died? Magic knew her answer. It would be a bad idea to repeat it again. But people who cared about her? The very thought of it sickened her. How could anyone stand her, let alone try and be friends? Your family. They were the exception... perhaps. Or they may have forgotten about her, the time when she was in their lives drifting away to nothingness and just a subtle dream.

Of course they forgot. You're so useless.

They wouldn't let her leave without getting rid of her injuries, right? Lamia took a deep breath, a steady rhythm, and closed her eyes in silent contemplation. She'd be able to feign it enough. Wouldn't take too long to restore some of it. They wouldn't be able to check how severe the damage was. With that set in stone, a light blue globule glowed in the palm of her hands, and she drew it into her chest before it expanded like a forcefield surrounding her. It lasted a few seconds before shattering in the air. A small smile graced her features. Casting a glance over her shoulder, she gave a small wave with her left hand. "Hehe... I-I'll see you l-later." She looked back at the surroundings in front of her, allowing a her smile to die as a shadow cast over her eyes. Her voice was scarcely louder than a whisper, the roaring wind drowning out every word in a dazed frenzy. "I'm s-s-sorry, Kearn." He wouldn't forgive her if he found out.

Everyone else ends up not caring. I'm so pathetic.

Without another word, she spun on her heel, her shoes crunching the piled up, dead leaves as she continued to walk down the path, her vision paved only by the winding and weaving trails of nothing. Would they follow her now? Was that enough of a warning to leave her alone? Or should she had said more? Every decision she made never brought good. The injuries were gone from what they saw, so there was nothing else to worry about.

It was her one solicitation for hope and good luck. An important gift that remained precious. How could she have forgotten where it was? How could she have lost it all of a sudden?

I need to find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]   I think one of us is hiding something [Closed] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I think one of us is hiding something [Closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3