Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aessa

Aessa

Beata Bucks : 11253

Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Jack was sitting at a table in a corner, with a book resting against his palms. He was alone, yes, but he was whisked into a world of foreign language, specifically French. After meeting a kind French girl a few days earlier, Jack was strangely compelled to learn more French. With a little more work, he would be able to talk French fluently the next time he saw her and maybe, they could actually become friends. He smiled slightly at the thought, wondering when their next meeting will be. Besides, he had a few questions for her anyways, including the "Spirit Stalker" topic. What was her name again? Trixie? Trina? Wait, no, it was Trinity. Jack pored on, reading the book intently. He barely paid attention to the baguette sandwich in front of him, which laid on a porcelain plate uneaten.
Back to top Go down
flyingtoasters

flyingtoasters

Beata Bucks : 11142

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Sprinting into a café wasn't an unusual occurrence for Cordelia. And thus, she did so to the café at Rosebury, hoping to get some macaroons. She thought back to the day she met Jack in the hallway when that jerk pushed her into him. She gave a bright smile just thinking about it, mentally giggling at what happened with her books and papers. Slowing down to what she called jog, she slammed open the door, the little tingling sound now somewhat broken. "I'll take the strawberry macaroons, please!" Cordelia declared, panting.

Then, at that moment, she saw out of the corner of her eye that Jack was at the café too, reading a French book. Aw, that's cute, she thought, blushing a bit. Why did he have the sudden interest to study French was what she wondered. Turning around, Cordelia walked to his table, tapping his shoulder. "Bonjour, Jack! Comment s'est passée ta journée?"* she asked in French, wanting to see if he really knew his 
stuff. 

*Hello, Jack! How was your day?
Back to top Go down
Aessa

Aessa

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Dingaling!

Jack turned around to see a blonde girl with dark blue eyes run in, panting tiredly. Huh, she was ordering macarons? The boy had heard they were expensive but then again, macarons were  a delightful treat. They were light and sweet, with a crunchy exterior and a chewy inside, along with a delicious filling. Hm...speaking of which, he must remind himself to try some later. Shrugging, Jack looked back down on his book, only to have a double take when he realized who it was. "I-it's Cordelia!" he thought in shock, feeling himself slowly turn red, "Oh no, no, no, she can't see me reading this." In a hurry, he tried to hide his book under the table but instead, he heard the girl come his way from behind, who had then tapped his shoulder and said a polite greeting. For a second, he stared at the girl in utmost shock, with wide eyes and a slightly open mouth. Holy shiz, what was he supposed to say. "U-um, Je suis bon," he replied back slowly, clearing this throat, Comment êtes-vous?" Ugh, he was such a doofus. The Spring was nowhere near the calm demeanor he once had the last time he met the gal.

(Je suis bon. Comment êtes-vous?: I'm good. How are you?)
Back to top Go down
flyingtoasters

flyingtoasters

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:45 am

A grin appeared on Cordelia's face, delighted with her answer. "Bon travail avec votre français, mon ami! Je fais très bien! Puis-je m'asseoir avec vous?"* she asked, taking a seat across from him anyway. "You're working on French, I see. Is it like a project or something?" Hehe, Jack was all flustered right now. Now, that was an unusual occurrence. Last time she saw him he was cool and collected, not saying that he wasn't at that moment, but he seemed to be embarrassed of something. Dude, his face was red and in uttermost shock. Looking under the table, Cordelia saw a book in French. She took it out, glancing at the front and back cover. "This looks like an interesting book," she laughed, and eyebrow raised. If Jack kept this up, they most likely would be able to speak in full conversations in French. Oh, how Cordelia deeply longed for that day(though, she would never admit that).

*Good job on your French, my friend! I'm doing very well! May I sit with you?
Back to top Go down
Aessa

Aessa

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:27 pm

Jack nodded briefly, feeling himself calm down. "Thank you," he said politely as his face slowly cooled down from a tomato to his normal skin tone, "I have been studying French quite a lot lately." However, why he was studying French was what he wished to keep hidden. The reason was embarrassing and it would surely drive the girl away.

And he couldn't have that: he needed to a friend at this school.

Watching the girl take his book away, he tried to think of a good reply to her question. "Well, it's not necessarily a project," he said, choosing his words carefully, "I just enjoy reading foreign languages. The only reason I have French now was because I didn't want to embarrass myself the next time I saw you." That was the truth, more or less. He did happen to like learning new languages and he honestly didn't want to humiliate himself but...did he have to be so honest about it? That was one of Jack's worst qualities: being so blunt that's it's uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
flyingtoasters

flyingtoasters

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:16 pm

As Jack paled down to his normal skin tone, Cordelia wondered what there was to be embarrassed about. Aw, he's so cute when he feels secretly lonely, she thought dreamily. Wait, what? Where did that come from? "I'm pretty sure you'd never embarrass yourself around me, I mean really? I'm Cordelia Quinn Roux," she laughed, "I'm pretty sure that I am not the observer."

Flipping through the book, Cordelia giggled at Jack's want to learn French because of her. Suddenly hearing Trinity's voice, she shivered visibly. "Jack, Jack, help me, Trinity's scaring me," she said in a somewhat-overdramtic, meek voice. Yep, the spirit has been scaring her senseless since the first day when she heard the crescendoing "Marry me, marry me, marry me"s. "Jacques, Jacques, elle vient, aidez-moi!" Cordelia said a little louder, not hearing the call of "Strawberry 
macaroons!"

~I don't come to the drama, the drama comes to me >:D

*Jack, Jack, she's coming, help me!
Back to top Go down
Aessa

Aessa

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh, there's that "Trinity" girl again. Jack couldn't see her, of course, but judging by Cordelia's reaction, she was definitely around somewhere. "You mean that spirit girl?" he asked as he looked around the place, "I'm sorry, I can't help you if I can't...see her. Although he did not show it, the Spring really did wish he could help the girl, for seeing the girl look so distressed made him strangely sad. But unfortunately, there was simply nothing he could do, meaning that the French girl had to deal with her gift by herself. Well, at least he could try comforting her right? Giving the girl an awkward smile, he reached over to grab his sandwich, which had been sitting there for quite some time now. Before he took a bite though, he gestured towards the plate and looked at the girl curiously. "Would you like some?" he asked, ripping the bottom half of te sandwich off. It was a strange question, yes, but it would be rude not to ask.

(Pffft, haha XD)
Back to top Go down
flyingtoasters

flyingtoasters

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Cordelia snapped out of the little trance she had fallen under, now smelling the macaroons she ordered and payed for and hearing Jack's offer of half his baguette sandwich. "Oh, sure! Thanks for the offer!" she smiled, taking out a napkin and putting the mini sandwich there. "Let me get my macaroons first, I'll let you try one in return for the baguette sandwich." Walking somewhat uncomfortably, a bit embarrassed(Oh, the irony at that)about her little spell. Cordelia picked up the plate of pink macaroons, whiffing in the scent of Heaven.

The blonde sat back down and set the plate next to the napkin. Then, she took a whole pastry and pretty much ate more than half of it in one bite. Cordelia sent out a sigh of delight, taking in the wonderful taste of the French desert. After swallowing, she took a bit of the sandwich. "I'm sorry for the Trinity thing. She's been getting on my nerves lately... Hopefully I'll get to actually talk to spirits and tell them to shut up one day."
Back to top Go down
Aessa

Aessa

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Jack simply nodded, chewing slowly at his sandwich. He hoped Cordelia wouldn't assume he disliked his baguette sandwich because honestly, the meal was quite delectable but...he had nothing to say to converse with the girl. The Spring then wiped a napkin across his lips, trying his best not to wince as his belly did summersaults. This was certainly an unpleasant feeling, as well as an unusual one. But it was only because it didn't happen to him very often...or at all really. So why was it happening with this girl? Sighing, he watched awkwardly as the French took apart the macaron with her teeth, obviously enjoying the light, airy taste of it. "I'm sorry about that," he said sympathetically, referring to her last statement, "My power is quite difficult to practice as well. I can turn into-" He immediately paused, right there and then. What was he doing? What kind of rude person would direct the conversation to himself? It was selfish and Jack himself hated it whenever people did that to him; he was being such a hypocrite. "I mean, I'm sorry about that," he muttered, taking another bite of his sandwich.
Back to top Go down
flyingtoasters

flyingtoasters

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:38 pm

"Oh, no, keep going about your power! It's not like the whole conversation will be directed to you, silly Jacques!" Cordelia simpered, reaching forward to pat his head, as if Jack was a child. An awkward silence followed that, so the blonde took out her phone and scrolled through some old photos of years before she joined Beata. Finding one with her in a kimono gave her small giggles, somewhat helping her calm the butterflies in her stomach, a feeling she never really had before. Cordelia loved the spotlight, and was never shy(No surprise there)so why butterflies? She ignored it, and decided to show Jack the picture. "Aw, look at this! This was when I was visiting my cousin and his wife. His wife is Japanese, but anyway, she saw this cute kimono at the store while shopping and bought me it! I think I still have it, actually."

The irony was what Cordelia noticed in her statement about her kimono. She was acting a little conceited, so she put back her phone and kept eating her snack one by one. Picking one macaroon up, she gestured for Jack to take it. "You know, you kinda remind me of this kid I knew when I was five," Cordelia noted, sadly not remembering the kid's name. "Actually, I think I have a picture of him and I in my phone."
Back to top Go down
Aessa

Aessa

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Jack looked down at his plate, feeling slightly uncomfortable. To be honest, he didn't even want to talk about it but at this point, he knew that he had no choice but to confess. "My power...is Air Mimicry. I can turn into any form of gas," Jack muttered, looking up from the plate to the girl. Despite his cool attitude saying otherwise, Jack didn't really hate his power. The only problem was that he just didn't like talking about it. For some reason, it just bothered him. Changing the subject quickly, he listened at the French girl's next statement, peering at her phone screen. "You look nice," Jack replied cooly, paying no attention to the awkwardness of that statement.  There was nothing wrong about telling the truth, correct? Asking the Spring to lie was like changing the boy completely. After all, Jack was simply speaking the truth, just like he always have. Listening to the girl's next statement, Jack simply nodded, cocking his head slightly to the side. He didn't have to say anything; his confused look said it all. "Oh, really?" his eyes said, looking at the girl thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]   Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Baguettes, Croissants, and Macarons [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1