Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Broflakes [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Eliza threw open the door, a hefty sigh following. She had gone home because once again her mother had another medical emergency. Her mother was never in good health, she would get better and then fall ill once again. She threw off her coat, tossed aside her cane, and left her bag by the door as she made a bee-line for the couch and fell into it face first.

She didn't know if anyone was here at the dorm at the moment but she knew for sure no one was on the couch. Her power told her there was no one on the couch. She was glad to be back at the dorm. Taking care of her mother all the time was exhausting, she was glad her sister came home to take care of her mother while she was on the better side of recovering. She was still jealous of her sister's ability to teleport with her gift. The pink haired girl let out another sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12379

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 pm

She'd always loved peppermint tea; the fact that it was great for her hangovers was just a coincidence. The sharp scent and the strong taste shocked her senses and brought her pounding migraine down to a more tolerable dull throb. It helped with the nausea too, and her crappy mood, and all kinds of things. Tea was just good for you.

Why didn't she drink it as much as she used to?

She swilled it around in her cup, picking at the hem of her sweater. Despite the heat, it was just something easy and comfy enough to throw on while she lurked around in the comfort of her own dorm, not having to deal with anyone.

Plop.

Well, almost anyone. Evelyn felt her gaze track toward the bubblegum pink lump on the couch, and with a silent sigh of resignation, wordlessly started to pour a second cup. Yeah. She'd had those days.

Evelyn made her way over, padding almost silently over to where Eliza was laid out across the sofa. Should she say something, to let herself be known? With almost everyone else at this school, or... anywhere really, she might as well have been invisible until she did something eye-catching—and probably humiliating, like smacking into a wall or a person. But eye-catching wasn't really a problem with Eliza. It was ironic how the blind girl seemed to have a better grasp of her presence than most of the rest of the student body.

"Y-you... alright...?" she murmured, settling down on the arm of the couch. "I m-m-made some tea, if—if you want any..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 9:33 pm

Eliza perked up at the sound of her quiet dorm mate. She knew someone was around but she couldn't exactly tell who it was, and she wasn't to bothered with figuring it out. She was tired, but the offer of tea was something she could pass up. It would help ease her stress a little bit.

The blind girl sat up, and adjusted herself to sit correctly and not take up the whole couch. Her gift letting her know where to find the girl who was talking to her. "I'm just tired. My trip home was stressful to say the least."

Eliza tugged at her hear a bit to get it to straighten out a little bit better. She figured it was a mess but she couldn't really tell if it was. "And I would love some tea, thank you."

She couldn't tell if the girl had the cup of tea with her or not or if it was sitting somewhere else. She still had a hard time picking out smaller shapes with her gift. People and large objects were fine but when it came to a book on the floor it blended in with everything else so she couldn't 'see' it.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 1:54 pm

It was a bit... uncanny. She was blind, but she wasn't helpless, but then where was the line? The last thing she wanted to do was overcompensate trying to accommodate for her, but in the same breath she couldn't be inconsiderate and leave her hanging high and dry. Evelyn shifted off from the arm to the cushion next to Eliza and pressed the cup into the blind girl's hands, just hoping and praying it wouldn't end up splashed over either of their legs somehow.

A trip home? Heck, Evelyn hadn't been home in... what was it now? A year? Two years? It didn't go well, to say the least... "I c-can get that..." she murmured, bringing the tea up to her mouth to blow. "C-careful. It's... h-h-hot."

She took a small sip. "What hap-happened? I-i-if you d-don't mind mmme asking, an-anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Eliza let out another sigh as she recalled the trip. "The usual." She knew Eve wouldn't really know what that was. "My mom got sick again.. She is always getting sick, and my sister couldn't make it home so I had to go and take care of her."

Eliza could feel the warm cup in her hands. Holding it was like a comfort itself. She lifted the cup and took a small sip. "For me it's hard to take care of her because there is a lot of little things involved and for me it's hard to see them. Well hard for my gift to detect them." If her gift could detect the little objects for her then she wouldn't need her cane at all, but her gift was no where near as strong as her sister's.

"I can't do much when it comes to caring for her, especially when it comes to the severe stuff. I can't drive, and public transit isn't really an option. If only my gift was as strong as my sisters..."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Evelyn just stared into her tea, catching her own warped reflection. God, her hair was a mess. She watched her mouth twist into a frown. "Th-that'd be tough f-for anyone," she finally said, after a moment of silence trying to grasp the words. "E-even if y-y-you weren't... w-w-well, y'know... I pr-probably couldn't do it." Knowing her mother? Dear lord. Her thoughts wandered back to their conversation in the gym, and she had to wonder if Eliza's mother was all that different.

The only thing was that Evelyn couldn't imagine her own mother being bedridden. That woman was made out of iron.

"So... I w-wouldn't b-beat yourse-self up over it." She almost tried to flash her a reassuring smile—before she remembered. Ugh. Evelyn kept her eyes lowered toward her cup.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Eliza frowned a bit, she was glad to have Eve's comforting words it made her feel a little better, but it still didn't help that she had to deal with the stress of it all. She knew Eve was skipping around calling her blind. "You can call me blind you know. I don't mind." It was just a fact of life for her. The only time she hated it was when people used it to look down on her. Oh how she wished her other mother wasn't on a trip at the time her mother got sick..

"Thanks though.." Eve's words helped her relax a bit. The pink haired girl took another sip of the tea. "What kind of tea is this? It tastes good.." Eliza asked. She needed a break from thinking about her mother. Her dull eyes looked down to the cup in her hand before looking back up at the girl near her.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 12:13 pm

She said it was okay, but she still flinched getting called out like that. Evelyn tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, sinking deeper into the couch cushions. "P-peppermint," she answered. "I-it's my f-favorite. I'm gl-glad you like it." Evelyn took another light sip, glancing up to meet her eyes. A pale green. They were pretty, in a beautifully disturbing kind of way...
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Peppermint huh? "I'm glad you were willing to share your favorite tea with me." Most people kept their favorite stuff to themselves, at least that was how it worked back at home a while ago, but then again most people didn't really care for the blind girl with two moms. Eh it didn't matter she was here now with a kind roommate at least.

The girl took another sip of her tea enjoying the taste of it, and the aroma of it. "Say Eve, how long have you been at this school?" She didn't really know her roommate all that well, even though Eve was probably her favorite person to spend time with here.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 10:11 pm

How long? The question caught her off guard. Sheesh... How long had she been at Beata Academy? "I came here m-my freshman year," she murmured, glancing up trying to think. It felt so long ago, and trying to think of everything that had happened the last couple of years. "Twenty thirty-three... I'm p-pretty old I g-guess, huh?" In a place like Beata, your power was almost everything, and even though she'd been there so long, she'd barely left an imprint. There were people who'd been there less than six months who seemed to have risen to the top, dominating her stupid Esper feed with all their mentions.

Evelyn gave a small smile. Not that she was looking for popularity or anything... But when she graduated after spending these four weird, wondrous, unforgettable years here, would there be any trace left she'd been there at all? "You're pre-pretty new, huh E-Eliza?" She took another sip. Would she fade from Eliza's memories too, just like everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 11:35 am

Eliza never realized Eve had been there for this long. Well she hadn't really thought about it either. All she knew was that her friend had been here for a while, she didn't ask about the other girls age or other things like that. Well it wasn't really that important to the blind girl either.

"Yeah. I have only been here for a few months.. Since last November." It felt at longer than it actually was. Time seemed to move so slowly for her while she had been here but maybe that was just her. "It feels like it's been a lot longer than that honestly." She admitted one of her fingers messing with her pink hair. One thing was for sure though, in these months she hadn't made to much progress gift wise.. It was rather complex in the end.

"Its so little compared to your time here." She said after taking another sib of her tea.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Evelyn gave a small snort of laughter. "Trust me. I-it'll... go b-by quick." There was that light pang in her chest, the pit in her gut, trying to think of life after Beata. It was speeding up on her faster than she could plan around it. How was she even supposed to survive in the world outside school? She'd been living rent-free with a monthly stipend for every need for these high school years, but after coasting by in this supernatural world for so long, the thought of becoming an actual adult felt like a cold reality check. What was she supposed to do, move back home? Somehow, she didn't see herself as a Guardian, running around the world running errands for Jace's father.

She sighed, tipping back her tea cup again.

It was easier just not to think about it. And her tea was almost gone...

"Do y-you need more tea, E-Eliza...?" she asked. A second question, a second craving, burned at the back of her throat, but it took a moment for her to gather up the courage and formulate the words. "Or... an-anything else... t-t-to drink...?" She didn't have the guts to just come out and say it, but she hoped that was enough for her roommate to take the hint. Eliza hadn't been the biggest fan last time she'd offered, but... Well, it was an acquired taste.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Eliza brightened up a little bit at Eve's laughter and comment. Maybe it would, she hoped it would. She would like to catch up to her sister power wise soon, or rather actually see herself catching up to her sister. Hopefully the school will allow her to do so.. She didn't want to be stuck living in her sister's shadow.

Dull green eyes blinked when Eve offered more tea or another drink. She didn't really understand what was meant by something else to drink. "I guess I will have whatever.. It doesn't really matter to me." The tea had already done it's work in helping her calm down. At least for now it did.

"Say.. do you have any siblings?" Eliza bit her lip a bit at the question. She loved her sister to death, but maybe being able to complain about her a bit would help too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broflakes [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broflakes [Closed]   Broflakes [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Broflakes [Closed]
Page 1 of 1