Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

Beata Bucks : 8683

So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} Empty
PostSubject: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Don't stutter like you do when your nervous. First impression are everything...or are they? I'll just be sleeping in this room and doing a lot of my studying. Unless I study in the lounge...no not the lounge it would be loud there and Hope will follow me. What about the cafeteria? No, that's the last option I'll choose, the last thing I need to happen to me is food staining my books and study sheets.
The newly-named Winter student, Amaye Takewaka, was slowly heading down the hallway. She passed the closed doors of the other Winter dorm rooms, realizing that there were other Winter students inside. What were they like? Well, certainly there would be a few kind people? But Amaye didn't focus on those dorms. The one dorm she had to focus on was the one she'd be spending her time at Beata Academy in: Dorm 110. The people in that dorm would determine her social future at this school, even though she wasn't the biggest social butterfly. She warily neared the door to her new dorm, this dorm would be like her new home, except she'd be sharing it would roommates. Would they be slobs and take up so much room of the dorm? Would they be loud and party all-
No, no, no. They were put into the Winter house by taking the same test that Amaye had took, which meant that had to be somewhat like her...the her that focused solely on her studies and succeeding in her academics. She ginger placed her fingers on the doorknob, then lifted it. The polite thing to do would probably be to knock. After all, Amaye wouldn't appreciate if someone else barged into her dorm unannounced.

She lifted the fist that she made with her right hand, and gently banged it against the door, awaiting a reply from one of the students inside. Hopefully she'd be welcomed...normally? Kindly?
She wouldn't set any standards, she wasn't even used to this school or it's traditions. Were there even welcoming traditions here? She shook her head, hoping for the best, and knocking on the door once again.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

Beata Bucks : 10166

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Moving dorms had been such a bother. Isaac had had enough trouble moving to Beata in the first placed, but staying at the initiate dorms for a while just to take a test and be moved not long after? That was annoying. Couldn't they have done it the first day? Isaac would have liked it better. But he had done it there way and had been sorted into the Winter house only a couple of days earlier. His stuff had been moved (he didn't have much) and he was lounging on couch in the living room with a game in his hands and a book on his stomach. He lay with his legs over the back of the couch and his head nearly brushing the ground, his hair piled lazily beneath it.

There came a knocking on the door, which Isaac didn't hear, and didn't acknowledge. Instead he continued the game and ignored it. Someone else could get it. If someone else was there, he hadn't been paying attention to how many other dorm members were there. Or who they were, really. The small blonde-brunette's fingers clicked away on the keys of his portable game as another knock came, this time he heard it.

Quickly he paused the game with a single click, turning his head slowly toward the door. His cat yellow eyes glanced it over and noted, quite indifferently, that it was unlocked. Perhaps it was another Winter from another dorm. He was pretty sure they went into each others dorms all the time, but he easily could have been wrong. Either way, he didn't care who it was, they didn't need to know. "It's unlocked." He called hoarsely through his medical mask, fumes of hallucination escaping his lips to be trapped by the protective white material. His voice was muffled through the material, but he figured it was loud enough for whoever was on the other side of the door to hear. If not, someone else could get the door.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Amaye could hear a voice coming from the other side of the door. She tried to make out what it said.
Unlocked? That's a word I can make out. So I guess I'll just...head in now. She thought, slowly twisting the doorknob. She silently slipped into the dorm room, carrying her belongings.
"H-hi...I'm Am-Amaye...this is d-dorm 110, right?" She asked, stuttering over a few of her words. While she looked confident on the outside she inwardly wanted to slap herself on the face. She had stuttered, right after she told herself not to. And why did she bother to ask if this was Dorm 110? Of course it was! She had read the sign outside of the door! Now they probably thought she was stupid.

She sighed as quietly as she could without making herself seem upset. She then thought about her sister, Hope. She was probably in the middle of some 'dorm welcoming' party with her roommates, chatting away and making instant friends. Her sister had already posted on Esper, her phone had buzzed as a notification while she was knocking on the door. Two exact opposites were related. How? Would Amaye ever be as social as Hope? No, probably not. But did she really need professional social skills here?
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Isaac clicked away at his game, not paying any attention to what happened after he spoke. He didn't enjoy talking to people because they didn't enjoy talking to him. He was more often than not playing a game or reading or something that didn't involve people stuff. Of course he was bound to have someone walk in on him but they could just go their own way and leave him alone. Alas, this did not seem the case as the person who entered the room stopped right before the door and began to speak. He barely listened and only enough to catch what she asked.

"That's what the door says." Isaac responded, though he could have just said yes, she did sound kind of dumb asking if this was dorm 110. Since the door said it was. He paused the game and set it down on top of the book. He rubbed his eyes for a second, letting the relief flood over them along with a short release of scent that faded the further it got from his eyes. He then opened them and turned his head lazily in the direction of the girl who had entered.

She looked, in vague sense, like him. Granted his hair was died they had the same blonde color. After that that was all he could tell. He had no idea how tall he was in reference to the door but he figured they were probably of a similar height. Of course he had no idea that he was pretty wrong about that, but it wasn't like he knew any science-y ways of figuring it out. She was at an awkward angle, too, because of the way he was sitting.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:25 pm

"Y-yeah, that is w-what the door s-says..." She said awkwardly. She gave herself a mental facepalm. She had already begun making a fool of herself the second she had entered her dorm.
I should avoid saying much so I don't stutter and so I don't say anything else that makes me seem stupid. She thought, sighing. What would she do next? Trip and fall on her face?

She stuck her hands into the pockets of her jacket, her left hand fiddling with an object inside that she usually messed with to take her mind off of things. She desperately wanted to have a gift that had to do with time, then she could turn back time whenever she messed up like she usually did. That would spare her a lot of embarrassment and awkward explanations. She then glanced around at the dorm, and nodded her head, impressed. It was decent for a dorm room. Of course the one bedroom that was empty would belong to her. She wondered if every other dorm had the same layout as this one. Probably so, to keep the dorms a lot more organized.
Back to top Go down
Demos

Demos

Beata Bucks : 9656

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:00 am

Paxton rolled his large sized suitcase on its wheels behind him, his left hand holding onto the extended handle pulled out from the rest of the luggage. His mom hadn't told him about the whole "Houses" thing, considering it was a new idea that was put into effect not too long ago. Luckily, the initiate dorms were kinda small, so he figured he'd be moving into something bigger eventually and it made no sense to unpack just to repack everything later. Already, though, based on how huge this building looked from the outside, he had a feeling this would be a major upgrade. It would've been anyways, of course; getting to be with other Winters excited him a bit. Not in a weird way, but more of a "thank God there could be some actual intelligent people here" kind of way.

The Canadian-born teen charged farther toward the door, grinning slightly when he found someone--a girl--walking in. Of course, though, she closed the door behind her, having not noticed Pax, apparently. In no time, he made it to the door, letting out a sigh as he did. This is it, he said to himself. We're here. Pax didn't know what to do now, scared to just barge in uninvited but also not wanting to knock and be repetitive. It's your room, too. So not technically barging. The hand grasping the suitcase flickered in and out of visibility, something it did often when he was nervous. He could control it sometimes, yes. Today was not one of those times, however. And with that, he reached for the knob of the door with his free hand, turned it, and slowly pushed it open, not looking to see if anyone was in the way.

Last edited by Demos on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Isaac didn't see what the girl wanted. She didn't seem like she was going to move and he knew he wasn't going to move. He was very busy with this level and it was annoying to be interrupted while he was playing. Going straight through a level was the best way to win it rather than pausing every once in a while to continue later. A straight playing streak was the best bet for winning. But she stayed where she was and didn't move. She was looking around, he could see it out of the corner of his eye. Quickly he made a few more moves and then paused the game, resting it on his stomach on top of the book he had brought with him in case he beat the game faster than he thought he would.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, turning his head toward her, his bored expression not changing at all as he stared at her, indifferent about whether something was wrong or not. It was just what normal people did when someone didn't say anything for a while and didn't move. If something was wrong then she would talk and he would have to listen. If nothing was wrong then she could leave and he could go back to his game. He hoped desperately that nothing was wrong. As he was looking at her he heard the door knob turning and saw the door begin to open.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 9:01 am

Amaye silently shook her head, then spoke, avoiding eye contact, "Y-yeah, I'm f-fine." She said, closing her eyes. She was startled when she heard the creaking of the door opening behind her. She stepped aside before she was hit by it, she didn't want to add head injuries to her list of introduction fails. Her belongings were still being tightly clutched by Amayes hands, and she squeezed her palms around the handles out of nervousness, she didn't even notice that her hands were turning pale.

She sighed, another student whom she'd have to make a fool of herself around. There was no turning back now. She decided to say as little as she could, and only speak unless talked to. And she certainly wouldn't move in fear of tripping over something, like her own foot.
Back to top Go down
Demos

Demos

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Pax winced as he heard footsteps quickly moving as he opened the door. "Dammit," he cursed under his breath. He hadn't even met his roommates and already almost hit one of them with the door, apparently. His hand flickered a bit more within the next couple seconds before he could calm it down and resume entering his new home, a semi-fake smile planted on his face. The first impression is everything, he told himself again for what seemed like the thirtieth time since he arrived in Rosebury not even two weeks ago.

The young man turned to the side and looked at the girl he must've almost hit a minute ago, his smile turning into an apologetic look. "Sorry," he said, cringing even as he said it, scolding himself inside at how stupid it sounded aloud. He pulled his suitcase up by his side and rested it there, still holding onto it out of the small fear his hand might act up again. "I'm Paxton. Pax for short," he said, offering up his empty hand to shake. "I'm your roommate," and just like that, the friendly grin was back on his face, ready to try and use its charm to make its way to the top, just like he was taught. No, not to the top; that makes it sounds shallow. It was more "survive and thrive" than "win" for Pax, and he liked it that way. There was nothing wrong with using your resources, so what should it matter which resource he used?
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 11:14 am

This was ridiculous. She stood there and didn't do anything even when he asked if she was fine. Was she thick? The next action was to go to her room and get settled in. There were still two left, since Isaac had just moved in and their fourth, invisible room mate was currently out of commission. She just had to choose the next room over. But instead she continued to stand there and only side stepped when the door opened. Isaac was half hoping it was the other room mate coming back and they weren't going to be adding more to the ever growing group of awkward people, but he had no such luck. And so entered the fourth, and final, room mate of 110.

Ugh, Isaac hated being around too many people. Too many people made him nervous and nerves made his gift act up and, as he was thinking about it, he felt the scents escape into the medical mask over his face. It made it hard to breath but it kept others safe. Carefully he adjusted this to make sure it still fit over both his nose and mouth without any holes and then tapped the ear plugs in his ears to make sure they weren't going anywhere. Slowly he curled his legs up a bit closer to himself and then grabbed his game system, holding it close to his chest. He could do this. It was just two more people. Plus, they didn't seem to be paying any attention to him at the moment, which was awesome since Isaac really didn't want to talk to either of them. He just wanted to play his game in peace.
Back to top Go down
darksorceress16

darksorceress16

Beata Bucks : 8788

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 8:04 pm

"Shitshitshit..." Sari muttered as she quickly dashed through the Winter dorm halls. 'Oh no, I'm gonna be late, they're gonna think I'm annoying...you know what? Screw it. They can think what they want. I'm me, and I won't change. With that thought, Sari turned up the volume on her headphones and made her way down the hall, listening to Death's Song by Vampiria(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1_vN7ZjwpI) and bobbing her head to the beat.

When she finally stood before her dorm door, she took a deep breath in and pushed her headphones to where they were hanging on her neck, but still on. She reached forward to grasp the handle, and she pulled.

She was greeted by the scent of...anxiety? Hm...either someone is really anxious, or they have an ability that pertains to scent. 'Wow, good job Sherlock, wouldn't have ever been able to figure that out on my own...truly, good work' She sassed herself before giving the room a look over. 

Three people. Of course, she was the last one. 

"Hello, I'm Sarika. I'm a big nerd, I'm addicted to music, and I'd probably nowhere but in a cell without internet. Bye." Sari walked to the last bedroom available, the one diagonal from the door. 'Perfect' 

She put her headphones back on and put her bags on her bedroom floor, then got her laptop out, along with it's charger, and turned it on. She miserable, and she was ready to watch some Supernatural episodes. Again. She had a problem. As soon as she had her laptop up, she stood and closed her door. 'Probably will annoy them even more' That was all she would say for the day, unless someone else spoke up. 

'At least I'm not talking as much. Jarod would be proud.'
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 am

Amaye silently shook Paxton's hand, a smile growing on her face. Sure, she was faking the smile, but it seemed awfully real.
"I'm Amaye." She said, trying to think of something else to say to carry on a smooth conversation, but she stopped thinking when she heard the door open.
She saw a girl enter, and tilted her head, but when Sarika left to go to her bedroom, Amaye was half thrilled.
Thrilled because she wouldn't have to come up with some grand introduction.

"Well, nice to meet you too!" Amaye called out towards the bedroom that Sarika had disappeared into.
She watched the door to the bedroom close. Amaye silently wished that she had entered the dorm in the same manner that Sarika had, then Amaye could've spared all of this anxiety and awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:19 pm

There wasn't really anything interesting about the whole introducing themselves thing. Amaye and Paxton stood near the door and spoke and Isaac resumed playing his game. They almost didn't seem to acknowledge him, which was exactly how he liked it. As long as it seemed he wasn't there, then he would pretend to be invisible. Sometimes he wished that was his gift, rather than giving people hallucinations. Breathing out a small sigh he felt the hot breath create a small current in the medical mask. It was on tight so nothing could come out. The hallucinations he created were far from realistic but he hated the way people looked at him when they smelled him and then saw things. But with the mask and the other coverings no one could smell the scents coming off of him.

As he tapped the buttons hastily, the rest of his body relaxed almost as if he were reading a book, someone else came in, introduced herself, and walked off. Again, Isaac didn't mind. That was one less person who might try and talk to him. But something about her made him feel connected to her. Maybe it was her comment about the internet? He, personally, had a hard time living without his games or a good book.

Which he remembered as he tapped and clicked along, paying zero attention to either Paxton or Amaye. They could chat it up for all he cared, he was just in the room. Silently he tried to send out a signal that told them he wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Demos

Demos

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 6:08 pm

For a slight moment, Paxton's grin had a bit of genuineness when he saw Amaye give a smile as she shook his hand. Another second passed before he realized that smile was just as fake as his had been when he introduced himself, though quite a convincing one. This made him sort of trust the girl a bit more, strangely; it was nice to know he wasn't the only good liar in the room. It makes no sense, he knew, but that's the way it was. This'll be an interesting few years, he said to himself, his smile fading slightly so he wouldn't seem too excited and weird. Pax bit the inside of his lip, unsure of what he should say when the door behind his swung open and in came a girl.

That was something, he thought silently as the girl said a few things and went off to her room. She seemed nice enough, he guessed. Certainly interesting, just as he predicted. Following Sarika's little speech and Amaye's response, Paxton couldn't help but let out a chuckle and let his eyes go back to the girl standing in front of him rather than his newest roommate's bedroom door. "I'm sorry about almost hitting you with the door earlier," he awkwardly said, trying to sound apologetic. He was sorry, yes, but not that sorry. He relaxed a bit now and began to speak, despite not knowing what to say. "But, uh, s-so," he stuttered, mentally cursing himself before recovering. You got cocky, his mother's voice chastised him in his mind. Never think you can try any less because you don't need to. You always need to. Pax giggled a small bit, looking down at his shoes and then back at Amaye. "Excuse me, today's just been insane. How are you?" he asked her, scratching the back of his head nervously, hoping he didn't just screw everything up.
Back to top Go down
darksorceress16

darksorceress16

Beata Bucks : 8788

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 1:06 pm

It had at least felt like a couple days before Sari even saw any of her dorm-mates 'Roommates?'. Sari had just left her room, went to the library, and gone back to her room. 'Okay...tape? Check. Bow? Check. I can make my own arrows easily enough...Paper, check. Ready to go!'  

Sari left her room once again, bow strapped to her back, and she headed off for the training rooms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}   So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110} Empty

Back to top Go down

So This Is Dorm 110 {CLOSED for Winter students in Dorm 110}
Page 1 of 1