Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Death in the Family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8457

A Death in the Family Empty
PostSubject: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:41 am

“Help..” That word rang in her head. It was one the first thing Adam said to her when he had called her. They were in Rosebury now, she and Magic. She had brought him along because just before the call she had learned that they were siblings. Well, half-siblings. They had the same father. Mikaela had known that her real dad had run off, and that all her mom had told Mikaela and her brother was that his last name was Stein. She shook her head to clear her head as she and her half-brother ran up to Diane’s Hill, where Adam was standing there, his forehead bloody and the rest of his face covered in dirt, facing them. He took a step forward, but fell. Mikaela rushed over to him. “Adam! Are you alright?!” she asked him.

Adam looked up at his little sister. When did she grow up? She looked so much older than the last time he saw her. “I’ll… I’ll be fine.” he replied. It was a lie. He was dying. Not from his injuries, not yet. But it was certain; he was dying. Tonight. He just wanted to say his goodbyes to his little sister. He looked over her shoulder, straight at Magic. “Who’s this?” he asked. Did she really bring her boyfriend along? Mikaela looked over her shoulder and motioned for the boy to get closer. “This is Magic. Our half-brother. On our real father’s side.” Adam nodded. He figured he’d have some half-siblings out there somewhere. He knew how his real dad had gotten around. “Nice to meet you, Magic.” Not giving the boy time to respond, Adam quickly hushed them. He felt the vibrations of the people coming to finish the job they started. “Run, Mikaela. Run now. Don’t look back. Don’t come back for me. Magic, look after her.” He struggled his way to his feet and turned his back towards his siblings as the two former partners of his made their way up the hill. “Now go! Run!”

Tears formed in the corners of Mikaela’s eyes. “I’m not leaving you. Not again. Not ever.” She wasn’t going to let go of her brother again. She was going to stand here and fight.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9370

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 am

Magic was unsure of this whole thing. The call was real it wasn't some machine he could tell that, but from how Mikaela spoke of him, Adam was pretty powerful. If he needed help then this wasn't good. Though he was kind of itching for a battle. He knew the tourney was close but it wasn't close enough at the time. It was probably his drive to get into a fight, and curiosity to who this Adam was that drove him to come along on this outing to Diane's Hill. If it wasn't for those then he wouldn't be coming out here because of all the noises that filled his ears. The winter boy pushed the sounds away as the two of them moved to the hill.

Soon enough they reached the hill, and Magic followed his new sister up to see Adam. He had blood on his face and looked in a somewhat bad shape. At the site of that Magic was more on edge. His gray green eyes scanned the area over and over again looking for any danger. The winter boy opened his mouth to respond to Adam about their meeting but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak he heard the noises of the enemies, and it seemed Adam knew they were coming to, because he hushed them. Magic turned to see the guys he seemed to be in danger from coming up the hill. Magic longed to stay and fight because it looked like Adam needed it, but what would happen to Mikaela? She wasn't as strong as they were. He couldn't have her getting captured and them using her against them.

Magic clenched his teeth tightly. He would kick their asses later if Adam couldn't do it. Grabbing Mikaela's arm, he pulled her down away from the hill. Not letting her escape his grasp. Slight anger was on his face from not being able to help like he wanted but he didn't have any other choice. If these guys were apart of that group then it only would push him more towards that thing he thought of.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:27 am

She felt Magic pulling her down the hill. "Magic let go of me! We can help him!" she told him as they went down the hill, just far enough so they were out of sight, but could still hear everything. She pounded the ground in frustration. She knew she wouldn't be able to get by the boy. She felt useless just sitting here while Adam was literally about to die.

Meanwhile, up on the hill, Adam merely stood in front of the two men holding guns pointed at him. "Come to finish the job, have you?" he said, as bullets were fired at him. Adam easily saw this coming and using the last of his strength to use his powers to block the two bullets that came flying at him. He fell to his knees, hair covered in sweat and breathing heavy. There was no more fight in him. He was done. Mikaela screamed when she heard the two shots, but Adam did nothing to stop the third that struck through his heart. Taking one final gasp, his eyes widened and he fell onto his back. And Adam Bryson was no more.

Mikaela felt something snap inside her. Even though she didn't she it happen, she knew it did. She lost all control. Using her power to tear free from her half-brother, she ran up the hill and ran for the two shooters. Every step she took shook the ground beneath them as she jumped for the nearest guard. Placing her hands on his chest she used her powers to make his heart explode. She watched the light from his eyes fade as the second guard looked at her with fear. Turning to the second man, she stepped off the first shooter's chest and slowly walked towards him. The shooter backed up until he felt the tree behind him. Still Mikaela walked towards him, a deadly look in her eyes. He wasn't getting away. Reaching up and placing her hands on the man's temples, panic rose in the shooter. "No no no please. Please. I beg-" and with that Mikaela killed him by filling his brain with deadly vibrations. It was over. And Mikaela ran over and fell on Adam's unmoving chest, tears falling in a steady stream. "Adam please... don't go..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:08 pm

"I want to help too, but he said to make sure you were safe." He said keeping the girl to her spot. He was resistant running up there and punching one of the enemies in the face, but he needed to keep Mikaela safe. He didn't promise, but he was told to. He shouldn't have listened.. He should have helped.

Magic flinched at the loud noise created by the gun shots, and it caused some anger, and shock in him that his grip slipped on his little sister. When she broke free from him, his mind registered, but he couldn't grab her again in time. "Mikaela!" He called after her. She couldn't go up there. He quickly raced up the hill after here just in time to see the two dead men, and her leaning over their brother's body.

She... she had killed... just like that.. No.. No one should end up like him. No one should kill like that, but his words were failing him for that. The winter stared at the bodies for a moment. They would have to hide these... Magic gave off a sigh. Not the first time he would have to do that. Magic moved over to where Mikaela, and Adam's body were sitting. He could see easily that Adam was dead. "He's gone, Mikaela."
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Mikaela didn't register that Magic was even there. She just lied there, shutting out the world. She couldn't register that Adam was gone. He couldn't be dead. He couldn't be. Mikaela pounded on Adam's chest. "Come back to me!" she screamed. "I didn't tell you you could go!" Tears continued to stream down her face. She finally acknowledged that Magic was there. "Why did you drag me away?! We could've saved him!" she screamed at him.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:47 pm

"Because he told me to look after you.. which meant to keep you safe. There was also the fact that he told us to leave, and to go." The winter boy said crossing his arms. He already wasn't happy about it. He was angry at himself for not doing something. He could have done something but he didn't need Mikaela yelling at him too. "If you had stayed both of you could have ended up dead, or you could have ended up dead, or all of us could have ended up dead." If she hadn't snapped then she probably wouldn't have stood a chance. Who knew what those guys were capable of outside of using their guns..
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Mikaela glared at the boy. "Don't talk to me like I'm some stupid child. I know what you've done. You could've done something." she said. The Summer didn't want to talk to him right now. She turned away from him, staring at her brother's lifeless body. What was she going to do without him? What was she going to tell her mother? Thoughts were racing through her head and she couldn't think straight. She was going into a form of shock.

She sat back, suddenly numb to the world. Turning to Magic, she blinked blankly. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You were just doing what he said." she said quietly, staring at the ground. Her mind was unnaturally empty and a chill was beginning to settle in her bones. She couldn't feel anything. It was as if a switch was flipped and all her emotions were dumped out of her head.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Magic clenched his teeth tightly when she snapped at him. "I was never talking to you like you were stupid." He commented. "And I already know I could have fucking done something, you don't need to remind me." He looked away from the girl, trying to calm himself down. He really didn't need her yelling at him to. Though he couldn't exactly blame her, she lost someone close to her. She will probably go into some form of shock here in a moment, which would probably be similar to how he acted after the airport.

The boy let out a sigh once he managed to get himself calm enough. "It's fine.." He said in response to her apology. He could tell from her toe that the shock of everything was finally settling. Things seemed to be getting worse for him.. He had been trying his best, but it didn't seem to be working anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Mikaela sat there, not sure what to do. She avoided looking at Adam for fear of going psychotic again, but her shock would prevent that. "What do we do now?" she asked. The reality of the situation and the overuse of her gift were weighing down on the girl and she collapsed. She was out cold. In her dream-like state, she dreamt of Adam, what he was like before he joined Argona's ranks.

OOC: You can either end it here or post one more time, it doesn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Death in the Family   A Death in the Family Empty

Back to top Go down

A Death in the Family
Page 1 of 1