Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sentient Gifts Event

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

Sentient Gifts Event Empty
PostSubject: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 am

「 o p e r a t i o n : n o r m a l c y 」

Story

▌ background info

Society expects the people within it to conform and meet the standards it sets - it was difficult to be different and not like everyone else; often, it led to being ostracized, being targeted, and being considered abnormal. For the most part, the concept of powerful gifts was kept a secret and adults were able to keep their abilities under control. Children, however, could not. Many children would set off a reaction that would reveal their gift in violent and dangerous manners - some reaching the point to being lethal to those around them -, leading them to be left in conditions unsuitable for a proper childhood. With the growing concern that the children wouldn't be treated normally and the gifted societies being unable to find the children in time, a small coalition formed to find a solution to fix the issue before it got out of hand. Researchers hired by elite gifted in Asia began a project approximately seven years ago to create a serum that would cancel and negate the gift within a child, effectively turning the genes regulating the power off and making the child "normal" once again.

After many years of experimentation with a myriad of failed trials, only a few months ago had they finally made progress. What had could possibly be the "cure" to the situation had finally been reached. The coalition was ecstatic with their success and immediately contacted gifted schools around the world to share their discovery, naming the serum "TIG" or Telomeric Idonatus Gene. A package of glass jars would be delivered for the academy faculties to inspect and choose willing students to make sure the product worked correctly. Recently, Beata had received its share, according to the tracking report. However, it appears to have been picked up by the cafeteria, who had mistaken it to be the delivery of sugar they had ordered and mixed into the cafeteria food. What's more, the box was a set of a failed experiment which, while they had removed the gift from the children, brought their gifts to life as a sentient being that was, most often, humanoid.

The faulty serum had been used for all of last week's cafeteria menu. All of a sudden, the effects are coming into play. Students are waking up and a strange person or creature is with them; they find that they are unable to use any of their abilities. Their gifts had embodied themselves as sentient beings. Currently, the coalition is apologizing for their careless mistake and working to make an antidote to return the gifts back to the children. There is no estimate as to when that will be. For now, all the children can do is wait for the cure and get to know their gifts better. Perhaps it would give them a greater understanding and teach them something new.

A few students, rather than waiting around, would rather take matters into their own hands and develop their own cure - some may head to the coalition's laboratory while others could be more unorthodox in their approaches. They're stuck with their new "friends" until the antidote is found.

▌ sentient gifts

The sentient gifts take on their own personality and can be similar to their owners or vastly different. They are, essentially, living creatures, meaning their forms cannot be inanimate objects. How the gifts take shape depends entirely on the student's abilities and whatever interpretation one could come up with. A person with water manipulation, for instance, could be stuck with a fickle and charming Undine while a darkness manipulator would have a black cat or someone with superspeed would be stuck with a hyperactive little kid. The sentient gifts represent what the gift actually is and how it could possibly work while having a shade or two of their owner's preferences and/or personalities. Unfortunately, as they're practically a part of the gifted students, the sentient gifts are bound to them and it's unlikely that someone would be able to separate from their rather clingy buddies; if the student finds a deep hatred towards the sentient gifts, there's absolutely nothing they can do about it and will have to bear with it.

These guys are pretty much another character... and also temporary one-shots. Unless a student refuses to take the antidote when it's been figured out, then they'll be disappearing for good; if students don't take the antidote, then they get a friend while sacrificing their gifts. As they are a true embodiment of the gifts that the students possess, it would be highly encouraged that they try and get along with the sentient gifts as it will, without a doubt, help them develop their powers more in a new way.

The sentient gifts, unlike the students, have access to the powers and are likely to be very skilled at using them - they are, without a doubt, better than the students who originally possessed them.

▌ misc.

Spent awhile figuring out how this would work after Coon said she needed this in her life, so this is the rough draft that I could come up with and found decently okay, meaning I did this instead of doing homework like I should be doing. Anyway, I hope this is alright and if there are any questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I can. I don't expect this to become an event or anything - in the end, it's just a fun idea that I thought I'd jot down for now. So yeah. That's about it, so thank you for reading~ c:
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:33 am

I do need it in my life
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 8:48 am

Your survival depends on it.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

Beata Bucks : 10082

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Ooooh, I like the sound of this. O:
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9437

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:13 pm

「 o p e r a t i o n : c o n v e r s i o n 」

Story

▌ background info
All good had the potential to be turned evil at any given opportunity. Nobody was truly and entirely pure forever - one day, they would be corrupted by malevolence and turn away from their ideals and heroism, all of the sweet dreams will become nightmares. After all, no world was completely black and white. There was always an in-between and a dose of concentration for one side would be enough to shift the equilibrium that the person has established. This was the staple basis for those of the people in black for their next experiment, their next "attack" on the gifted facilities. What more was there to do then turn vulnerable children into killing machines, callous to all around them and being uncontrollable? But that would be too easy, simply killing their loved ones and forcing them to submit with little threats. No, it would be much more entertaining to torment them, torture them, and watch them crumble and lose all of the hope and light they've built over the years in their naivety and innocence, all of the love and memories that they keep precious and hold dear to themselves. And this time, their target would be Beata Academy.

One researcher, in the team of many employed by Argona, used their leader's own gift as a premise for her experiment and research. The ability to strike fear and bring the demons that would break down all of the children's walls and make them vulnerable and helpless creatures. There was nothing more satisfying than doing such a thing. Over the course of a few years, the progress was completed and deemed successful after being tested on a few unsuspecting Sofia Academy students. While it was developed years ago, nobody bothered putting it to use because many of the terrorists preferred their own sadistic methods. But that was only for the individual and when they could occupy their hands on just one person. Now it was time to aim at an entire group and to bring them all into submission at once - at their own free will. Yes, their own free will. There is no doubt that it wouldn't be a success, after all.

All of the food in the cafeteria was poisoned with the experimental vials. It was tasteless, colorless, and odorless, not leaving so much as a stain or trace. Nobody knows how it got there, but now, students at Beata are finding their gifts gaining their own sentience. Yet, it's not like anything anyone was expecting when they were considering a part of themselves coming to life, something that was an extension of them. Instead of something familiar and warm, something they could embrace, they were met with a foreign being who fed off of their fears, all of their anguish and doubts, striking a chord to manipulate every part of them.

The battle of the wills. Only those who were strong and could keep their eyes on the light would be able to escape the torment brought about from what would be their downfall. There is not one student who is not affected. The psychic attack begins here... and now.

▌ sentient gifts
In comparison to the last idea, the sentient gifts aren't so much as sentient as they are more like "demons". Their goal is to use hallucinations and trick their owners into falling into despair, whether it's by starting off warm and friendly only to stab them in the back or straight up giving them visions of their absolute worst nightmares. They aren't meant to be their owners' friends. They're a bitter reminder of everything that their owner regrets and is guilty about. As they're the gifts forming a consciousness, as before, the students are left vulnerable and unable to gain access to their powers. The only difference? The gifts embody themselves within the mind alone, especially when someone least expects it. They can simply be just a voice or they can appear fully human on their own with a name. But one thing can't be debated, they all have a personality and their own individual thoughts.

As most of this will take place within the students' consciousness, there are many times when the sentient gifts would strike. Perhaps it is in their dreams or they could interrupt in the middle of a conversation. All of the sentient gifts are doing, with all of their malice, many of them are very mean and aggressive, hell-bent on making the children submit. After all, if the students submit, the gifts will fully take over their bodies and the students will completely vanish from existence - nobody will remember them or their name. The "demon" was always there and had always served Argona. The students become an unperson. That does not mean that there are not still traces of their existence.

Like before, the sentient gifts have access to all of the powers the students originally possessed and are, unfortunately, experts at using them. How the gifts decide to attack their owner will vary: some will conjure illusions and try to make the owner accept the hallucinations as reality, others will manipulate and make them desperate for mercy, while some will engage in close combat within the student's consciousness to beat them to submission. The only addition to the gifts they know own is that all of them can conjure mental images. The demons are all very ferocious and all unwilling to submit that easily. How strong are the students' wills?

▌ misc.
This idea hit me just a little while ago and it's just a different approach on a pretty similar idea, only that it's a lot more on the evil side with the use of Argona's Force instead. In a way, it's sort of like the Haunted Mansion, but really different at the same time... I think? Oh well, I'm hoping it's still a good idea either way. Like before, ask any questions if you have any~ Which approach do you prefer?

Last edited by Echo on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11217

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:19 am

I find these ideas really interesting. Its fun trying to think of how it would work with my characters, and I would be so tempted to somehow get Hosa involved. Mostly with the demon/fear one. Imagery spiders everywhere. Also dang that would be fun with Devin...Whelp, I guess I know what I am going to be thinking about at school today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentient Gifts Event   Sentient Gifts Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Sentient Gifts Event
Page 1 of 1