Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The other future Beata city

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12397

The other future Beata city Empty
PostSubject: The other future Beata city   The other future Beata city EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:17 pm

So Jay's been posting about his cool city AU thing in Random Stuff. It turns out that I was doing that kind of thing before it was cool. -hipster glasses push-

Once upon a time, I was going to create a non-canon novella thing taking place in a futuristic 'Rose City' centered around a corrupt Beata Academy, but I never got around to it. Similarly to Jay, I totally ripped off Railgun/Index, just don't tell anybody.

I don't plan on fleshing this out or ever turning it into anything, but since people are enjoying Jay's thing, I might as well share mine too.

The Basics
- Beata Academy is situated on top of an oasis which can boost powers to godlike levels. It also contains a portal to the mysterious 'Island' dimension and there's a lot more going under the surface than most students, in present day 2035, realize.

- Headmaster Wright's goal is to turn Beata into a safe haven for gifted people all across the globe.

- At some point, Beata goes to war against the 'people in black' and other gifted institutions across the world under their sway, such as Sofia (thanks to Elodie shenanigans). Beata, to avoid being completely wiped out, is forced to undergo a lot of internal development and reformation, building up their Guardian forces and turning their student body into a serviceable army.

- At some point during the war, Beata cracks open the secret behind the portals and the oasis. Not enough to turn everyone in the Academy into world-destroying gods, but enough to turn the tides of the war. The people in black and all their allies are defeated.

- As a consequence of their oasis tampering, Beata becomes a Mecca of gift development. Sofia, crippled by the war, is eclipsed in population and prestige by the burgeoning Beata Academy. Nate's dream of a gifted safe haven is starting to come true as he opens Beata to displaced men, women, and young children across the globe.

- With this newfound well of knowledge, both from the oasis and their defeated enemies, the Academy begins to learn much more about gifts and how they function. This helps in power training and development, but also in tracking, scouting, and recruiting more people with powers.

- The gifted population has mysteriously started to grow. Part of this is better recruitment, as stated above, which leads to more superpowered individuals being discovered during adolescence. But beyond that, it seems as if more and more people are born with gifts. Some are calling it 'evolution.'

- From the war, advances in power development, better recruitment, powers becoming more common, and a high level of immigration, Rosebury's population begins to swell. Beata's population skyrockets into the thousands. A permanent adult population forms in the surrounding town, which includes children too young to enroll into the Academy.

- An elementary school, for children ages five to twelve, is built near Beata. Restaurants, bars, shops, and other businesses crop up to accommodate the growing population in the town, which people are starting to refer to as 'Rose City' as it grows increasingly glitzier, larger, and more glamorous. To deal with potential crime, the (now very sizable) Guardian forces are converted into a part-time police agency.

- Despite their loss, Argona's forces continue to swell in number. Back in Rose City, Beata Academy's student body is becoming increasingly militarized (not even mentioning their Guardians). Nathaniel Wright is quietly replaced by a more ambitious Headmaster.

- By the 2040s, there's a technological revolution, and Rose City is a booming cultural melting pot with high-rises, skyscrapers, a university, a hospital, a prison, and a megamall. There's even a stadium used for gifted battles, sporting events, and concerts. Missions, formerly against monsters escaped from portals, are now mostly against the 'people in black', who continue operations across the globe. Rose City gains protection in the form of an invisible psychic shield called 'the Screen', along with seventy documented other inner defenses and a veritable army of Guardians numbering in the hundreds. The Screen also shields the school from satellites and has a psychic misdirection which keeps the city shrouded from prying 'non-gifted' eyes.

- Certain creatures from the 'Island' are captured and tamed, to be used as part of the city defense system and also against the people in black abroad. Smaller and cuter creatures are sold as pets.

- Power development is supplemented by drugs and other scientific procedures. A dark project begins in secret, involving power absorption, multiple gifts, and the creation of a synthetic human completely bound to the will of Rose City. In other words, the ultimate weapon. It's referred to only as "Project Angel." The people in black, meanwhile, continue to wage their global war against the Academy, which includes large scale terrorist attacks.

- Beata Academy is the center of power within the city, where the Headmaster rules as a de facto ruler. Security cameras, tracking devices, and bugs are planted all over the city. In the interest of secrecy, all calls, emails, texts, mail, and other forms of communicated are heavily monitored. There is a siren system for natural disasters, rampaging gifteds, external and internal attacks, and other events to rally Guardians to the school.

- tl;dr everybody's just evil now and also there are wind turbines and solar panels and it's very futuristic YES I DID JUST COPY RAILDEX BUT I DID IT FIRST OKAY FUCKING FITE ME
Back to top Go down

The other future Beata city
Page 1 of 1