Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11652

Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? Empty
PostSubject: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Letting out a quiet sigh, Kimply fell back into her bed. Her room was neat and already decorated- it had been since last year, after all. The bed was cream and simply, and the furniture dark brown and elegant. Nothing was out of its place, and even as Kimply fell back, she had a sudden urge to remove the wrinkles from the bed. Not that she was a neat freak, but her own personal space was her sanctuary, and she found it important for it to be clean at all times.
Just then she heard the sound of a distant door, and new someone had entered the dormitory. She didn't need super powers to tell her that...
The light haired girl had yet to meet her roommates, and suddenly filled with energy she leaped to her feet. She fixed her waves of pink hair and made sure she was at least somewhat presentable as she slipped out of her small room and into the hall. "Hello?" She called, peeking around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12379

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:06 pm

"O-oh! H-h-hello!" Evelyn said, whirling around to look at the source of the voice. She looked a bit startled, to say the least. She was wearing the standard school uniform, and she froze into place upon seeing Kimply. She shuffled her feet, placing her hands behind her back and looking downwards. "A-are you... one of my... dormmates...?" she asked quietly.

To be honest, Evelyn was surprised that Kimply had even noticed her. Maybe she was just being loud...
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Kimply studied the younger girl curiously. So she would be sharing a dorm with this girl? And who were the others that would be there as well? The girl seemed young, but Kimply wasn't sure exactly. Her indigo eyes met the girl's nearly violet and she flashed a smile. "It seems I am. Finally I get a roommate. It has been way to quiet around here." She waved her hand around the tidy little dorm. "Anywho, the name is Kimply Huffman. And you would be...?" She asked the girl politely, trying to put a name to the face in front of her.
As Kimply looked at the girl, something strange occurred. She faded. Like, literally went transparent for a split second. Then she was back to normal, and Kimply's eyes widened in surprise. Had she imagined that? She was certain she hadn't. Great. That meant she was either crazy or this girl was probably a ghost. She couldn't decide on which one was better.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Evelyn smiled slightly, a bit more at ease around this girl. She seemed easy to talk to, at least. "...Evelyn White..." she replied with a small nod. Strawberry blonde hair, navy eyes, maybe a bit older than herself... she was a pretty girl as well. Evelyn definitely wouldn't mind as having her as a roommate. Above all, though, she was surprised that she had maintained eye contact for this long. Surely it was straining on her by now... or maybe she was just exceptionally bright or could concentrate well.

She was caught off by Kimply's sudden expression. She looked startled. Evelyn cast a glance behind her with wide concerned eyes, like Kimply had just spotted a prowling murderer. "I-is something.... w-w-wrong...?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Kimply dropped her gaze and rubbed her neck before looking up. "Oh, it's fine. I just... nevermind." She suddenly perked up again, changing the topic, running rabbit trails in her mind. "Evelyn is a pretty name, by the way. Hey, do you want me to show you around?" She asked, smiling as she looked around the dorm. It wasn't much, but Kimply felt obliged to a tour-guide- even if it was just for a few minutes. "Okay, so there isn't a lot to show off, but nonetheless." She finished with a quick, warm laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 am

Evelyn tilted her head curiously but didn't pursue the subject. She couldn't help but smile a bit at Kimply's comment, nodding slowly. "T-thank you... I l-like your name too..." she replied, following Kimply's gaze around the dorm. "And if you wouldn't mind..."

To be honest, Evelyn was sure she'd be able to navigate well enough through the dorm without Kimply's help, but it was a nice gesture and she couldn't really refuse her offer.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Kimply nodded, lefting her chin up and spinning on her heels. She walked down the plain hallway, pointing out everything. "So there is where I spilled grape soda- really brings personality to the place, eh?" She looked back, winking. "Pick any room you want, except the last one. That's my territory." She turned around again, a frown reaching her lips. "Like I said, not a lot. But it's nice enough, I suppose." It was more than true. She had compared her room to the one at home and decided it was at least twice as big.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Evelyn followed after Kimply, taking note of everything she pointed out and nodding. Kimply was... well, a bit quirky. But it was endearing. Evelyn nodded in agreement, a bit surprised when Kimply turned around. "I like it..." she replied, looking around. It seemed quaint, but it definitely wasn't bad. It was head and shoulders above the Initiate Dorm, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Kimply nodded, grinned brightly. "Yeah, this school is pretty cool. Especially whenever you're not the most freaky person around anymore. Everyone's jacked up. It's awesome." She winked again, though there was what seemed to be a melancholy undertone to her voice. She had been that weird kid; with pink hair and freakish abilities to know where everyone was at. And the occasional blackouts that came with the powers. It sucked, but at least she had a few friends. But her brightest memories were nothing compared to the ones at Beata.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Evelyn frowned a little, trying to think over Kimply's words. It was a strange thing to see strangeness as a positive. Did that mean she was as strange as the rest of them? Just as weird? Evelyn tried to think of how others saw her, their vision going askew and their heads aching just from looking at her. Maybe it was a blessing to be surrounded by people like her.

"Y-yeah..." Evelyn replied. The notion of being something different should have hurt, but the way Kimply said it...

Maybe she really was all of those things that those people had called her. Special and unique. Lucky to have a gift.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Kimply studied the girl closely. "Hey, you're really quiet, you know that? I feel like I'm talking way to much. Do I?" She suddenly laughed. "Actually, don't answer that." She shoved her hands in her pockets and leaned back and forward on her tiptoes. The conversation lulled for a moment. It was hard to talk to someone so shy. For the first time, she felt a bit uncomfortable. And when Kimp got uncomfortable, she had a tendency to ramble.
Her mind shot to the earlier shift in Evelyn's appearance, and the first question she could think of came to mind. "So Evelyn. Everyone here has a power and all. So what can you do?" She tried to seem nonchalant, but the curiosity chewed around in her brain.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Evelyn was hit by so many questions and words at once that she wasn't sure where to begin, stumbling over her own words. "S-sorry..." she started, looking down. She had always been called quiet and shy, but Evelyn couldn't really help it as much as she tried. Evelyn began to play with her hairpin absentmindedly, thinking about how to respond to her question about her power. It was a bit complicated to explain compared to some of the other gifts some students had, and she felt a bit uncomfortable answering. "It's... like i-invisibility..." Evelyn said. "...but people can still see me, they just... can't focus on me, so they overlook..."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Kimply's eyes widened. That made sense, and she now knew why Evelyn's image flickered early. So Evelyn had some sort of screwed up invisibility? Poor girl. No wonder she was so quiet. Kimply felt sorry for the girl, but another thought quickly arose. "Hey, I can see you fine though. And I noticed you earlier, didn't I?" Kimply frowned. She stepped forward and tentatively poked Evelyn's cheek. "Huh..." She was confused, and her Winter mind mulled everything over silently. The first time she had been continuously quiet throughout this conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Evelyn nodded, though it was strange. She was sure that no one else would have noticed her... and she hadn't been too clumsy or loud coming in, right? Evelyn's eyes slowly followed Kimply's finger as it poked her cheek, like she was a guinea pig that needed to be prodded for experimentation. The fact that Kimply had been able to focus on her this long was astounding, and Evelyn thought it over, the questions gnawing at her mind. She needed answers.

"If... y-you don't mind..." Evelyn started, shuffling her feet. "W-what's your gift...?" she asked tentatively.

This whole world of powers was completely foreign to her, even her own. It was a silly thought, like something out of a comic book, but anything was possible... What if it was just completely ineffective against her, for whatever reason? Everyone Evelyn had met so far, with gifts or not, were effected... but it seemed less so for this strange girl.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Kimply stepped back and shrugged. "Well, it's kinda boring. I find your's cooler. I would like something like telepathy. That would be cool. Anyway, I call it 'pathfinding.' Basically, I have superhuman tracking." Finally, it occurred to her how she could see Evelyn. "Maybe because my power is finding people, and your's is hiding, we even each other out? Her smiled was bright, and she hopped on the balls of her feet a little. That's so cool!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?   Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey look, Evelyn! Wait what?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next