Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Dorm Sweet Dorm

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8780

Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm

"Already. What will you order, Miss?" the boy's tone changed, and he picked up a bad British accent as he imitated a formal waiter. He put his arm out in front of him, bent at the elbow, as if he had a towel draped over his arm. The boy had a...childish sense of humor, but he was trying to get her to be less nervous. They were just eating. Afterwards, they'd go back to the dorm and everything would be normal again. He blinked a few times, trying to focus on her image. He had heard of a student being able to play tricks with your eyes from gossip around the school. This must be her. When they had left, it didn't seem very noticeable, but now it was starting to strain him. He ignored it, hoping it wouldn't trouble him too much.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12409

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Evelyn couldn't help but giggle, bringing a hand up to her mouth. When the small laugh subsided, she was wearing a grin. "I'll just have a garden salad, thank you." Even though her guard seemed lowered, her voice was still quiet. She lowered her hands, letting them rest on her lap and she stood up straight in her chair. Posture, manners, and healthy eating were important, after all. That's what her parents taught her, anyways.

Last edited by Sleepy on Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 pm

"Coming right up."
Oliver walked over to the line at the front of the cafeteria. Most students went there during dinner time, since it only required an ID. (SORRY IF I AM WRONG ILU EBS)
When the line had finally gotten to him, Oliver stepped up face to face with a tired, groggy looking woman. She probably was bitter, but Oliver smiled.

"Evening, miss. Can I get one garden salad and a chicken wrap?" asked Oliver in a soft, polite voice. The lunch lady was unamused. "Punch in your ID, kid, and I'll get that for you." she said in a hoarse, low voice. Oliver nodded, tapping on the LED pad in front of him. Pressing the okay button after all of the digits, he stepped aside and took the food when it was ready.

"Sorry it took so long. Those people are mean up there." said Oliver as he returned to the table. It had taken him a little while to find it, truth be told. He hadn't payed attention to the exact table they sat on, and at first he didn't spot Evelyn. However, she soon appeared in the corner of his vision, and he had walked up to her. Placing the mediocre salad in front of the girl, he sat down with his own dinner. "So. As dormmates, I feel we should know a little about each other." the boy said, making sure to stress the dormmmates part. He stuck out a hand, introducing himself, and said: "So why are you here, if you mind me asking."

It came out more personal than the boy originally intended, and his tone of voice didn't help so much. Dammit Ollie. He seemed to have his sights set on looking like a kind, responsible young man, bu he had just looked stupid so far. Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid....
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 pm

"No problem. T-thank you." Evelyn replied, straining to speak up so he could hear clearly. Even still, her tone was still quiet. Her father always said that she spoke too quietly... Maybe she just couldn't speak loudly...

His question threw her off guard a bit. Oliver had been the first person to ask that. Was it normal to ask things like that? It's not like their powers were private information... they were at Beata in the first place because of them. Maybe you were encouraged to share them. But even still, it somehow felt like private information...

"W-well..." Evelyn started. "It's... like... invisibility, sort of... it m-misdirects the senses of people around me, so they... don't notice me... they can't focus on me, basically... I can't control it, though... s-so it's always in effect..." Evelyn finished, before turning her attention to the bowl in front of her and stabbing her fork into the salad. As soon as she finished chewing her first couple of bites, she spoke up again.

"W-what about... you?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Wow. He was about to mention the strain on his eyes, but he decided to hold his tongue. She seemed ashamed of the power already, and it had cut into her social skills. When she asked about his power, he blinked. "Well, it is pretty simple. I too can't control my power, and can freeze anything." explained Oliver in a short synopsis. "I can also make projectiles and things, but I am basically like King Midas, except what a touch doesn't become valuable."
The analogy was good, he supposed. He actually had never thought of it that way. Oliver took a bite of his dinner, trying to eat in the most well mannered way possibru.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:45 pm

"I see..." Evelyn replied simply, but she couldn't help but look at his hands. Was that why he wore those gloves? She quickly looked back to her salad, stabbing into it again. Was it her turn to ask a question and continue the conversation? Was that how it worked? There were plenty of questions she could ask, but none came to mind and she continued eating, feeling immensely stupid.

Just say something else... anything...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 pm

As the silence lingered, Oliver had already finished half his dinner. "This would usually be the part when I try to impress someone by freezing something." said the boy, examining the chicken wrapped in tortilla. "Too bad I really want to eat this."

It was a bad joke, but Ollie wanted to break the ice. He was not prepared for a date. The boy wasn't as freshened up as he could be, and dark circles under his eyes made him look dull rather than handsome. Not that he was ugly, and not that it was a date. Dammit, why'd he keep thinking in that mindset? The boy suddenly blinked.

[color=dodgerblue]"You know, yoyr name has slipped from my mind. My name is Oliver, in case you didn't know that."[/color the boy said, sticking out a leather covered hand to shake. Why hadn't he done this before? Stupid stupid stupid stupid...
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Evelyn giggled at Oliver's joke. A lame joke, admittedly, but he seemed to be trying at least. A joke to break the awkward silences she was causing was a nice gesture. Evelyn paused at Oliver's next comment, blinking in surprise. They were eating dinner together and they didn't even know each others names.

"Evelyn." she answered, carefully sticking her hand out over the table and gently shaking it, before retracting her arms and returning it to her lap. "N-nice to meet you..."

Was it awkward to say that, now that this was there second meeting? And after they were in the middle of a conversation?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:27 pm

"That is a nice name, Evelyn." answered Oliver with a smile. As he finished his dinner, he saw that the sky was completely black. How long had they been down there? It must have been close to seven. Oliver waited for Evelyn to finish eating, fighting the impulse to put his jacket back on. It would be rude and would be rushing her, and Oliver had to be careful around this timid girl.

Last edited by Jay on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Evelyn couldn't help but smile a little at his compliment, a red shade entering her cheeks. "T-thank you..." she said, before going back to her salad. Soon the bowl was empty, save for a few stray vegetables. It was only then when she felt the icy air and noticed the night sky.

"O-oh...! It's getting late..." Evelyn said suddenly, remembering the time. "S-should we... head back...?" she asked shyly, rubbing her hands over her arms.

Last edited by Sleepy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:47 pm

OOC: Weren't they inside? cx

"Oh, yeah." said Oliver. Only then did he put his jacket on, and stood up, gathering napkins and other trash that he had discarded onto the table when they began eating. It was weird that they were going back to adjacent rooms. That would mean more long silence as they returned to the dorms. Wonderful. Besides that, it wasn't as bad as Oliver thought it would be. The girl was nice, and he gained a new friend. He called that a success.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:17 pm

OOC: shuddap ;A;

IC: Evelyn nodded slowly, standing up and carefully walking around to the edge of the table to where Oliver was sitting. Did she wait for him? It seemed like the right thing to do... but they were only heading back. Should they head back together? Well, it seemed like that's what they were doing now. She smiled a bit at him. He was a nice boy. Did this make them friends? Evelyn hoped so...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Oliver caught the smile, despite how hard it was to clearly see her, and smiled back, though felt guilty about it. Once again, Wren flashed in his mind. He had become friends with both girls now, and for some weird reason he felt guilty about it. What was wrong with this?

Oliver walked with her back to the dorms, the moonlight shining on them this time around, and unlocked the door with a turn of his keys, this being after he searched around in his pockets for them. With a click, the door opened, and they were back in the main Winter room. "We're here." said Oliver, raising his arms to the place to back up this obvious fact. It had been an...interesting night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorm Sweet Dorm   Dorm Sweet Dorm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorm Sweet Dorm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2