Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Beata Sports

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12379

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Spring House
Colors: White, green, gold
Live mascot: TBA

Summer House
Colors: Black, red, orange

Autumn House
Colors: White, gold

Winter House
Colors: Gray, blue, black

Starting this spring, a sport will begin and end with each new season!

Spring marks the beginning of baseball.
Summer marks the beginning of soccer.
Autumn marks the beginning of football.
Winter marks the beginning of basketball.

1. Every season, the four Houses will compete in a sport. The victor House will earn a trophy, a special reward for all its players, and privileges for all its members. Students from the winning House will also get a kickass ice cream party + mini-parade through Rosebury and campus.
  2. Anybody can play (or stop playing) for their House at any time, no sign-ups required. Girls or boys, it doesn't matter as long as you're a student. No initiates allowed.
  3. Winning Houses will be immortalized in a "Hall of Fame" somewhere, along with all their players.
  4. MVP for the winning House will be voted for at the end of the season. Whoever wins the award gets a prize of some sort and will be featured prominently in the "Hall of Fame" along with the rest of their team.
  5. Not every game has to be RP'd out of course, but if at least three people from opposing Houses agree to it, an official game topic will be made. There can be a sort of system for each sport to decide which players score, and how many times. The score at the end of the game will be used in the official standings.
  6. Each House will play each other twice. Tied records at the end of the season will be resolved in a final tiebreaker match.
  7. Any game without an official game topic will be simulated... somehow. Probably with dice or something, idk, we'll figure it out.
  8. Of course, because we're in a supernatural school, it only makes sense if our sports have a supernatural twist. Gifts are allowed, and rough play won't be penalized as much. We'll draw up some simplified rulebooks somewhere. You can break the rules in-RP of course, but that might result in your team or character getting punished somehow, so be careful.
  9. Each House will have a living, breathing animal mascot. They will be fucking adorable and be worshiped as gods. Open for suggestions on that front.
  10. While baseball, soccer, football, and basketball are the four "main" sports, there'll be other sporting events hosted throughout the year as well. These include track & field events, a tennis tournament, and probably some intense chess battles or something too, among others.

What do you guys think? :D

Last edited by Sleepy on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm

I like it. <3
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8714

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 pm

I donut see volley, and baseball in summer? ewewewe

AND BASKETBALL IN WINTER?!?! GROSSGROSSGROSS
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Cryst wrote:
I donut see volley, and baseball in summer? ewewewe

AND BASKETBALL IN WINTER?!?! GROSSGROSSGROSS

Like I said, minor sports (such as volleyball, tennis, etc.) would still be played throughout the year. They just take a backseat to the four major ones.

And baseball is in spring, not in summer. Summer is soccer.

And what's wrong with basketball in winter...? Basketball is the only indoor sport out of the four major ones I put down, so I figured I'd put it in the coldest month. I don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

For mascots, maybe...

Spring: Tawny Owl
Summer: Kangaroo/Wallaby
Autumn: White-tail Deer
Winter: Polar Bear

IDK I'm sorry
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:13 pm

So, does anybody have any objections? Suggestions? Insults? Does everyone think this would be a good idea?

Echo wrote:
For mascots, maybe...

Spring: Tawny Owl
Summer: Kangaroo/Wallaby
Autumn: White-tail Deer
Winter: Polar Bear

IDK I'm sorry

I was thinking smaller, more domestic animals that the school could actually keep as pets. :P but idk lol whatever's fine with me
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10300

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:27 am

If anyone can jump in/out at any time, wouldn't that mean someone could just jump in when their House is winning(if it is) towards the end of the season and therefor get rewarded without actually doing much of anything...?

*shrug*
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9625

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:30 am

Well, since individual house is a team in itself, you'd technically be rewarded if you didn't do anything at all. The sports are just for fun and bragging rights for your characters, I believe. lol. Doesn't really matter when people come and go.

That's how I see it anyways, still pillow's ideaa so he would know best
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 am

Oh, good point. I didn't really think it was a big deal but figured I should point it out or something.
So, unless Sleepy has some input on that, nevermind then.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Stormi wrote:
If anyone can jump in/out at any time, wouldn't that mean someone could just jump in when their House is winning(if it is) towards the end of the season and therefor get rewarded without actually doing much of anything...?

*shrug*

I suppose this is a good point, but I figured:

1. The prizes wouldn't be too major unless you were voted MVP or something, and like Ebs said, you're technically rewarded just for being a member of the winning House. Maybe we could adjust prizes to your degree of participation? So if you just play one game, you would get something relatively small and minor compared to everyone else.

2. We probably won't be playing more than a couple games per sport each season anyways, if we're going to be honest. So I doubt there's going to be full-fledged teams for each House to begin with, so it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge everyone who participated, even if it was just them jumping into one football game halfway through.

3. I don't really want to stop people from joining in on games if they want to. The sports are just there for fun, so I don't want to make it some big hassle to join in or drop out. Having a non-permanent, ever-changing volunteer-only team makes it a lot more open and fun, imo.

However, there's a different problem I've been thinking about.

Hypothetical situation which would hopefully never arise. Say it's soccer season. Autumn and Winter have been really duking it out. There's been a couple threads between them with lots of people on both sides, and they've all been fun and competitive. It's a budding sports rivalry...!

...But because of how threadless games are simulated, both teams end up tying for last with a 1-11 record. The victor House ends up being Spring, who (because of lack of interest, members, etc.) never actually played a roleplayed game. watdo?

It just seems a bit unfair to me. I suppose I could halve the season, and just make people play at least a couple games, but I don't know how well that would work. Anybody have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Well if absolutely no one in one house plays at all ever for a whole season, they could just be disqualified come time for announcing the winners.

Or you could force people. But that could result in
1. the fact that you can't fully force people and they could just...you know, not post
2. angry people who don't want to play but are being semi-forced
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Stormi wrote:
Well if absolutely no one in one house plays at all ever for a whole season, they could just be disqualified come time for announcing the winners.

Or you could force people. But that could result in
1. the fact that you can't fully force people and they could just...you know, not post
2. angry people who don't want to play but are being semi-forced

I suppose there could be a compromise... Halve the season, create game threads over the course of a couple months. If no one posts in one, then whatever, if they do, then great. No one's forced or obligated to play, but we would probably avoid the situation above. idk lol.

EDIT: I'm dumb. The season's already only 6 games if each House plays each other twice, so there'd be no need to halve it. For some reason I thought there were twelve. Woops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beata Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beata Sports   Beata Sports Empty

Back to top Go down

Beata Sports
Page 1 of 1