Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Yum! Food...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lylee

Lylee

Beata Bucks : 11849

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Lylee was sitting at a table, viewing the menu. She came 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled time since she was worried about being late. She sighed as she placed the menu down and stared at the empty seat in front of her. She was a little nervous, she could admit that. "What should I say? What should I eat?!" she thought panickly.She quickly glanced at the clock and saw it was 4:55. "5 minutes passed already? That means 5 minutes till he gets here," she muttered as she turned back to the empty seat, She played with her fingers and listened carefully for the door to open.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Beata Bucks : 11852

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 pm

"Ring" sounded the bell atop the entrance door as Sebastian entered the cafe. It was a quaint location which, although it lacked to formality of a traditional restaurant, provided quite a nice atmosphere and served a menu more suited for a casual meeting like this. After performing a quick visual scan of the establishment to see if Lylee had already arrived or not Sebastian made his way over to her location. Taking the seat directly across from her he smiled at her and decided to keep the mood light with a playful greeting, "You're here early. Were you looking forward to our date that much? I'm sorry to have kept you waiting."
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Lylee frowned with a faint blush on her cheeks. "It's not a date," she mumbled as she looked down at her menu. She was in such a panic earlier that she forgot to see what she wanted. Suddenly, she saw a picture of a very delicious looking cake on the menu. She eagerly read its caption. "Ah ha," she thought, "Angel cake." She decided to get that and iced tea only (she wasn't too hungry). She looked at Sebastian with curious eyes. "Do you know what you want?"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 am

"It's not a date."

Those words combined with the look on Lylee's face caused Sebastian's stomach to sink a bit as he immediately reached for the menu on the table in front of him, opening it and holding it up in such a way as to obstruct her view of his face which he was sure was painted red with embarrassment. "Haha, yeah. It was just a joke," he replied, masking the disappointment in his voice as he hid his face in the menu pretending to be contemplating his meal, "If you know what you want already I can flag down the waitress. I'm all set."

A joke... yeah. What else was he expecting?
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:17 am

Lylee flushed even deeper. "Oh it was....?" she muttered, knowing her face was a tomato again. "Why do I always over react on things like this?" she thought. She began to play with the menu and said, "If you're ready, then we should call a waiter. Waited!"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Although his face was still a bright red from his embarrassment Sebastian lowered the menu, figuring he could only hide behind his menu for so long. Upon looking up he saw Lylee and noticed her face was just as red as his. Well, this was awkward. The embarrassment on both of their faces would be evident to anyone and the tension that the silence between them as they waited for the waiter to arrive at their table was almost tangible. He had to say something, right? "Lylee, I-" Sebastian began before being interrupted by the waiter arriving to take their order. "Thank god," he thought to himself as a wave of relief rushed over him.

"Good afternoon, I'll be serving you today," the waiter said with a pleasant smile on his face, surely different from the beet red embarrassed expressions that the two of them were wearing, "Are you all set to order?"

"Uhh, yeah," Sebastian began before motioning with his hand for the waiter to turn in Lylee's direction, "Ladies first."
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Lylee sighed in relief as the waiter came. Like Sebastian, she noticed the tension and wanted it to end as quickly as possible. "I would like the angel cake and iced tea please," she said steadily. She looked back down at her menu and set it to the side so the waiter could get them later. Lylee then realized her hands were slightly shaking. "Why am I being like this? It was just a joke," she scolded herself. She looked up to see, in her surprise, that Sebastian was as red as she was. To lower the tension, she smiled brightly at Sebastian
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:29 pm

"I'll just have a coffee for now, thank you," Sebastian said to the waiter as he placed the menu on the table beside him just as Lylee had done. As the waiter walked away to put in their order Sebastian knew that it was about time for him to deal with the awkwardness that had arisen between he and Lylee. Turning to meet her gaze he noticed that she was shaking. It was slight, almost unnoticeable, but it was definitely there. Unsure of what it meant or how to respond he reached across the table and took one of he shivering wrists in his hand. "Your shaking!" he noted as he looked at her hand before returning his eyes to lock with hers, "Are you alright?... If it is about what I said earlier, please forgive me. It was stupid of me to assume anything, I shouldn't have spoken so hastily."
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

"No no!" she exclaimed, shaking her head, "It's nothing! I'm just a bit...um....cold..." The last part was a lie but she didn't want Sebastian to worry. She took her hand from Sebastian's grip and rubbed them together with the other hand to make them stop shaking. "See? I'm fine," Lylee assured him, showing him her hands.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Sebastian raised an eyebrow curiously, shaking his head ever so slightly before turning his attention back to Lylee. Lylee it's like 65 degrees in here, you aren't cold," he continued, leaning forward over the table just a bit with a concerned look on his face, "Talk to me."
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:09 pm

Lylee frowned but not because she was annoyed. It was because Sebastian was right. The cafe was at room temperature so there's no way she could have been cold. She sighed and replied stubbornly, "Well, it's a side effect from my gift. I get cold easily."
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 am

"A side effect that only shows up in cafes?" Sebastian replied playfully, "I didn't see you shaking yesterday when you were experimenting on me in the forest." With a warm smile he sat himself up straight an locked gazes with Lylee once again before continuing, "Come on, you can tell me. If you are upset about something I want to help you... just like I did yesterday. Hmmmm, I know! How about we make a game out of it? I asked you hear so we can get to know each other better anyway. We take turns, and we each get one question per turn. The other person has to answer the questions truthfully. You can even go first."
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 am

Lylee smiled. "Oh all right then," she replied, laughing a bit. She stopped to think of a question. Finally she asked, "Why is your hair white?"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:51 pm

"Why?" Sebastian returned inquisitively, "Well, as far as doctors I've seen could tell it was just a loss of pigmentation. The same kind of thing that happens to hair as you get older, but for whatever reason in me it was accelerated to an almost unnatural point. My hair was dark when I was born, but it started turning white when I was about five. No one could ever really explain why it happened to me so young, which has me thinking it is somehow related to my powers. You saw how using it for extended periods of time takes a lot out of me. When I was younger it would occasionally spiral out of control and it landed me in the hospital quite often as a child. There were a few instances where the exhaustion actually almost killed me. I'm not sure how that would tie into my hair turning this color, but it is the best explanation I could logically come up with. When you were a flying baby you don't tend to question things that are out of the ordinary too much." He chuckled a bit before being cut off by the waiter returning with their order. Placing the cake and iced tea in front of Lylee before laying a small platter in front of Sebastian with his glass of coffee, a small pitcher of milk, and sugar. He ignored his coffee for a second once he dismissed the waiter, after he asked if they would need anything else, and instead returned his thoughts to the game. "I guess it's my turn now," he said, "What do you want to do when you finish school?"
Back to top Go down
Lylee

Lylee

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 pm

"Oh," Lylee mused as she absorbed all the information given. She took a bite of the cake and sipped her iced tea. "Whoa. It's good," she thought in surprise as she dug more into the cake. It took her awhile to answer Sebastian's question since she had to think about it. She set her fork next to her half-eaten cake and said slowly, "I guess my only option is to work in the health care. I have to make use of my gift after all." Lylee giggled and took another sip out the tea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yum! Food... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yum! Food...   Yum! Food... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yum! Food...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next