Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

Beata Bucks : 8683

Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} Empty
PostSubject: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm

(THANK YOU POLYVORE)

Finally, a chance for Amaye to be surrounded by peace and silence. The dozens of shelves that contained books towered over her as she quietly strode down an aisle. She glanced around for some sort of book to pull out and lose herself in, like she usually did with another stories. She decided to pull out a random book and see what it's pages concealed when she opened it. She had taken a thick book with a faded yellow cover. Her gray gaze were averted away from the book title, for she wanted a surprise.
No other students, just me and a calming story. She thought, a small smile growing slowly on her face.

She tilted her tan hat up so it wouldn't cast a shadow over her eyes, and she sat down in one of the library seats to read. Yet, out of the corner of her eye, she could see a student approaching her. At least she thought it was a student, it certainly seemed to be one. And even if it wasn't, it was still a living being that was coming her way, which she thought she could avoid by being at a library.
Just don't stutter and don't act clumsy and dorky, and you'll be fine with whoever is coming to you. She thought, disappointed that her afternoon of peace and quiet was going to be disturbed.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Beata Bucks : 8800

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Oh boy was the library the most fun Ash had ever had! He loved the books, the silence, and the calming air of peace and tranquility that lingered above the shelves and around the books. The thing he loved most was the books. Especially the way they smelled. He loved the older books the most because of the dusty, aged scent that lingered within their pages. If he could have a candle that smelled like old books, he would be the happiest person alive. But alas, no one had thought of that one yet. Just campfire smell, which suffocated him just thinking about it. Still, if he needed a good scent he always popped by the library. Oh, he read too, that was a given. One didn't simply walk into a library and not read anything.

The tall, red haired boy had picked a book off the shelves, much in the same manner as Amaye, something he was unaware of, and flipped it open reverently to stare down at the browning, aged pages to read a story written what appeared to be exactly a millenium ago. How wonderful! Avery thought deeply on what the author was like and who he would have been and where he lived and didn't even think twice about where he was walking but just kept going until he realized there was a table before him and at that table a girl he hadn't seen before and he froze, eyes on her, unaware it was staring but she was pretty and reading and gosh what was he doing? Sparks buzzed around Ash's fingers as he took a step back and slid a bookmark between his pages.

"Ah! I'm sorry for intruding, I didn't mean to interrupt! Apologies, miss, I'll be going now." He uttered hastily before promptly stepping backward into a chair at the table nearby and falling right over it, hitting his back and head against the hard floor of the library. Groaning Avery tried to get up, but his legs were stuck on the chair he had fallen over and-oh no! Where was the book?! What if it had fallen face open onto the ground? That was not good for the spine!
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 5:57 am

She did not expect this, not at all. She had looked up to eye the boy who had neared her, but when he stumbled about and fell, her once annoyed expression became worry. At least this time she wasn't the one who was clumsily fooling around this time. I mean, not that this student whom she had never met was fooling around. Amaye silently scolded herself, giving herself a mental reminder that she was in that awkward situation most of the time. She stood up, quickly heading over to the boy. When she stooped down to pick up the book that he had dropped, she realized that it was face down. She quickly closed it and placed it beside the book that she had been reading. These books were priceless and timeless, and anything as small as a damaged spine could mean serious problems. And the two that were at the scene of the crime would be blamed. Amaye blinked, imagining getting into trouble at this school. She didn't even want to imagine it.

After tending to the book, she strode over to Avery, the same worried expression on her face and in her gray eyes. She reached out a hand, silently offering assistance to him.
"Are you alright?" She asked, tilting her head.
She had never been in this situation before, a situation where she was the one helping the one who had fallen. She was usually the one who had fallen. The moment wasn't awkward, she was worried, truthfully. Was that how others felt when Amaye was the one who was sprawled on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 11:42 am

What was wrong with him? Ash was clumsy, as always, but this one took the cake. He had not only walked toward another person unintentionally and interrupted her reading, but while trying to leave he had made a ruckus and then tripped backward over a chair. Geez, his head hurt. Ash groaned as he rubbed his head and struggled to get up. His tall body seemed incapable of removing itself from the position he was in and it wasn't in the least comfortable. If he was there any longer then he was going to lose feeling in his legs and then it would be even harder to get up.

That was, until the girl offered her hand to help him up. Ash turned a light shade of pink at the offered hand, suddenly remembering he had fallen in front of a girl he didn't know. He was unaware she had saved his book and would be grateful to her once he was up. "Uh, y-yeah, I'm f-f-fine." He stuttered clumsily, feeling his nerves get super jittery as he took her offered hand to help him up. This was probably the worst clumsy thing he had ever done in front of someone.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Amaye sheepishly smiled as she helped him up.
At least I'm not the only one who stutters in situations like this... She thought.
"Are you sure that you're okay? That was quite the fall you had there." She said. She could imagine her own head slamming against the hard floor of the library, it must be painful. She quickly turned around and took up the book that Avery had dropped. She handed it to him.
Er...there you go...y-you kind of dropped it, a-and it was face down, so I-I..." She broke off mid-sentence, nervously itching the back of her neck with the hand that wasn't holding the book.

"It was f-face down, so I just..." She stopped again, wondering how to even finish her sentence. Amaye noticed that her hat was slightly pointed forwards, and it casted a shadow over her face. She was glad that her hat was in this position, now she could hide the blush that was coloring her cheeks. She noticed that Avery was blushing as well. This had to be awkward for both of them.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 2:48 pm

It wasn't very often that Ash stuttered, he wasn't the stuttering type. But when he wasn't confident about himself and when the situation was awkward he often slipped into a little nervous stuttering because he was always afraid he might say something wrong and make the other person angry. Or upset. Or just something not happy. Ash didn't like setting other people off so he tried to keep to himself and his books and messing up like this broke his routine and that was another reason he was nervous, though it was mostly stress that if this conversation went too long he was going to be late for his next task of the day and he couldn't have that. Avery was never late for his tasks of the day and got everything done right on time. That was how life worked and he prefered it to stay that way. So when he almost ran into this girl and then tripped over the back of the chair the way he had he began to worry that he was losing time, precious time. Instantly he began to rearrange his day in his head to see if he could squeeze some more time in somewhere else.

While these thoughts raced through his head he nervously allowed a little bit of help from the girl before him. She likely didn't have enough strength to help him up all on her own, so he struggled to give her some help of his own until he was in a position where he was able to stand and bush himself off, feeling the throbbing in the back of his head like a sharp sword. It ached, that was for sure, and would definitely be a headache, but he wasn't broken and, when he rubbed his hand on the back of his head, there was no blood. So he was perfectly healthy but just in pain. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I j-just hit my head a little. It'll j-just ache for a bit." He muttered, rubbing his head a bit more and flinching when he touched it gingerly. But his head was the least important thing here (anyone who knew Ash knew he had his priorities straight) the book was what was most important. He was about to look around to find it when the girl turned around and grabbed it off of the table behind her.

Ash's face lit up with joy that this girl cared enough for books to pick them up when they were in danger. He hadn't met someone who was aware leaving it open and face down injured the spine. A lot of people he knew used that as a way to keep there spot and it always bugged him. "Ah! Thank you! I was afraid it would land like that and I'm glad you picked it up." He thanked her excitedly, taking the book when she offered it and flipping through the book as if checking to make sure it really was okay. Ash blew a stray hair from his face and closed the book with a soft, satisfying thud. "I'm Ash. What's your name?" Ash could be friendly and all, but he wasn't always the first to think of introducing himself. But this girl had been very nice and he wanted to repay the favor somehow without being the creepy guy who insists he owes her his life.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 4:09 pm

Amaye shrugged nonchalantly, "Well, I couldn't just let the book lay there." She said. After a few moments, she finally answered Avery's question, "I'm Amaye, apart of the Winter house." She told him politely. This was yet another boy that she was introducing herself to. It wasn't bad, Amaye didn't hate it, but she wondered when she'd be able to socialize with someone of her own gender. If she could even manage to speak at all. But Amaye supposed that girls would be easier to open up to.

She turned around to place her own book in her palms, and she held it close to her. Her eyes averted to glance at the book that Ash was holding.
"And what book is that?" She asked, curious. The book she had been reading was unfamiliar to her, and she wasn't surprised. All of these books were older than she was, by centuries. Some of them were even growing dust. Visiting a library like this was basically an event on Amaye's bucket list.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:15 pm

It was really nice to meet someone who cared enough about books to pick up a book that had fallen in a bad position. "Again, thank you." Ash said. It was a small, paper back book so it was likely the position would have injured the spine worse than with a hard back book. "It's nice to meet you. Ah, I'm in Spring." She had told him her house so he figure he could tell her his. He was glad he had been at Beata for a little while as his sparks were under decent control, especially after the fall when they were conversing like normal. The fall had allowed several sparks to fly out of nerves and fright but at the moment Ash's gift was relaxed and he was able to contain it.

When Amaye asked what book he was reading Ash made a shocked face and looked down at it. "I don't know, I just picked it off the shelf and started." He said, turning it so he could see the cover. Ah! How interesting. "The Mysterious Stranger." He read. It was a Mark Twain novel, one he didn't recall ever having read. Well Twain was known as a literary genuis so this was bound to be a good one. "What book are you reading?" He asked, looking at her book when he asked this.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:34 am

(Sorry for not posting! I forgot all about this! I ship these two so much.)

She quickly glanced at her book, her eyes silently scanning the letters on the leather-bound cover of her book.
"I did the same thing that you did, grabbing a random book, apparently I'm reading Pride and Prejudice." She said.
This book was a classic that she had always wanted to read, but she had never had the time to get around to reading it because of the book assignments her mother would give her back at home. At least she had the chance to read it now.

"So...what's your gift?" She asked, attempting to strike up another conversation topic. While she did love talking about books, she decided to move on. She tried to sound as casual as she could. She decided to let Ash tell her about his gift before Amaye rambled on about her own. Not that she rambled. Her gift was so simple to explain, and it wasn't really good for offensive purposes, either.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 5:41 pm

(It's alright, my internet is wack and I never know when I can get on)

It was strange, Amaye had done the same thing he had. It was cool that they seemed to think alike without even knowing each other. At the same time it was weird, since Ash had never met this girl in his life. How could they be so similar already? But Ash didn't dwell on this thought long, if he didn't listen to the conversation it wouldn't go quickly and if it didn't go quickly then his entire schedule was going to be off. And he didn't need his schedule to be off. That would only ruin things.

"Interesting. I've heard of it but never read it. I also heard there were two film adaptations. Well, one was a movie, the other is more like several TV episodes." Ash was not one into romances, it wasn't really his style of reading. But he knew a lot of random facts. Plus, his mom loved Jane Austen and they owned both the movie and the full BBC special. Ash had hoped and expected to talk about the books they were holding but Amaye changed the subject. Well, that was alright, he guessed.

"Uh, static manipulation. It's a similar gift to electricity manipulation, but not as powerful. Basically I can control static." He responded, assuming she knew what static electricity was. Who didn't? It made him nervous, bringing up his gift. He didn't know why, it wasn't a bad one nor was it a stupid one. It was just kind of there. Though it did make for many awkward first encounters. "Right now I'm working on keeping it down. It doesn't do more than shock you a little but I have little control over when it happens." He added, holding up his hand to demonstrate as static charge danced up his fingers nervously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}   Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.} Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Silence Disturbed {OPEN, Max 3.}
Page 1 of 1