Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Fighting, for Science [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9373

Fighting, for Science [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Magic stood at the entrance of the Cavern. He was awaiting three other students that had agreed to come at this time. He couldn't exactly remember who he invited to come along, but it didn't really matter as long as they were okay with fighting... Well at least fighting to an extent of not trying to kill each other. He wanted to see if the cave effected everyone, and if it would completely block gifts even in a sort of desperate situation.. It would be an interesting series of tests. Hopefully the three he invited actually knew how to fight, and he didn't have to teach someone to fight... Well knowing him, when he watched a sparring session he always found himself giving tips to the people. A few years of being in a gang he assumed.

Magic shifted in his spot, closing his eyes to listen if he heard the students approaching. He opened his eyes, and checked his phone. He still had a few minutes before 6... He shifted the bag he had with him. He had a light, and a note book in the bag to light up the cave, and then another light in his hand. Hopefully these two lights will do. They were pretty bright when he tested them, but it was a decent sized cavern. His thoughts drifted to the three students. He hadn't told them that their gift would be unusable in this cave yet.. Should he before they went in? Or should he not tell them, and see how they react when they get inside? Maybe they would notice before they even started fighting? Who knows... He will determine when they all got here for now, he had to wait.

Last edited by Coon on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9443

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Jake walked to the cavern, reading for a day of fun. He'd signed up for this club and prayed it would be what he expected. At least this way I can show off to the ladies what I can do. And who knows, maybe he would learn something new! The cavern was quite a ways from Beata, and as he finally came into view, he gave a sigh. Hope I'm not late. The tall student picked up the pace until he reached the prefect. "So what do ya have planned for us today?" He said with a grin, walking up to Magic.

Last edited by IceStorm on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8460

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Matthew wandered through the forest, looking for the cavern the Winter prefect had told him about. All he saw were trees. And trees. And more trees. After about 10 minutes of looking around, he finally spotted something that looked similar to a cave or cavern. He shrugged the bag of materials over his shoulder as he walked closer. He spotted a couple people already there, one of them being the prefect himself, Magic. "Hello. This the spot, I assume?"
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

Beata Bucks : 11226

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

Owen had agreed to this little group to learn how to fight. He didn't know why, that was sure, but he knew he wanted to learn how to defend himself better. His gift really wasn't suitable for all-out fights and he figured he should probably at least learn how to punch things first. If anything like what happened with Madison and Nicola a couple months ago happened again, he wanted to be more prepared than just having lights to flash in peoples' faces.

At about 5:45, he grabbed the instructions he'd written for himself to find the cavern. It was beginning to darken outside, not that it was a problem for the human flashlight, but the cold began to set in, giving him a chill. He finally managed to get through the forest, a creepy place with plenty of sounds to spook him, before reaching the cavern, a dark, strange place with three other students already inside. Taking a deep breath, he stepped up to the other students, raising a hand in greeting with a brief smile.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Magic looked at the first boy who arrived. Would he be getting all guys? He hoped not so he would be able to see full results, but he would be doing multiple trials anyway so it didn't matter if he didn't get a girl this time. Magic cleared his head, and just decided to wait on the others before he would explain. "You will find out soon enough." He had decided that he would let them test out their gifts first before they actually moved onto fighting. Yeah setting a control would be a good idea.

Magic's attention so turned from his thoughts as two other boys appeared.. Yep all boys.. This should be fun. "Hello. I'm glad you three could join me today. This little project of mine might take a little bit, so I hope you don't have anything else you need to get done urgently. As you probably already know, I'm one of the winter prefects, called Magic." He hoped he wouldn't have to set a ground rule on asking why that is what he was called, or what his first name was.

"Anyway, this isn't the spot. The spot is inside this cave here. I'm going to ask you not to use your gift until I tell you to do so for the Project's sake. It's going to get dark in the tunnel for a moment, but just follow my light, it should bright up slightly on the inside, but I brought a few lights so you should be able to see when I place them down." He explained. "Anyway, let's head inside." He said, before turning on his light.

THe winter prefect made his way into the tunnel, feeling the familiar fading of his hearing. Ugh he was going to have to get use to this. Hopefully he wouldn't be shouting at them too loudly because of his lack of hearing.. or rather not being used to normal hearing. It didn't take long, but finally they reached the giant cavern, that was pretty good sized. Carefully Magic placed down the latern in his hand next to the exit, and then moved to place the other one on the other side, effectively lighting up the area. "Once you get used to this place use you're gift." Magic told them, standing off to the side, thinking about how he could barely hear himself.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Jake stayed silent, following Magic down into the cavern. Indeed, it was extremely dark, even a bit spooky. Who knows, maybe a hobo lived in these cave and was waiting for students to wander down there. Nah, we'd kick his ass. Jake gave a grin although no one could see it. The group stayed silent walking down to the cavern, only the crunch of rocks under their shoes and Jake's mechanical prosthetic leg were audible. Suspense clung to the air as the boy wondered what would happen down there.

Soon enough, they reached to bottom. The tall student there listening to the prefect. Inside the cavern? Were they his guinea pigs? Testing out the cavern, when their powers might make the giant cave collapse on them? Well... there must be some sort of method to his madness, right? "If you say so..." He half mumbled to himself and adjusted his stance so he'd have better stabilization. Taking a deep breath, half from fear, he concentrated on his gift. Something should've happened by now... Jake tried again but there was only silence. "What the Hell?" Was there something wrong with his gift? As he thought more about it, the solution finally hit him. The cavern negates gifts. So that was the method to his madness. Relaxing a bit, he a gave somewhat pissed smile towards Magic. Aren't you a sneaky little bitch.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Matthew followed the two boys ahead of him, looking around. The cavern gave him a weird feeling. It was also pitch black except for the light the prefect held. Once he had gotten used to the weird feeling, he took the bag off of his shoulder and grabbed one of the metal balls he had. He grasped it and concentrated on making the metal expand over his hand. Nothing happened. He concentrated harder. Still nothing happened. "What're you trying to pull here?" he asked. He put the metal ball back into his pack. He figured he wasn't going to need it anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Darkness pressed in on him. Owen focused hard on Magic's light, following it until they reached the place the prefect had created for them. It was large, but he was relieved to see more light illuminating the cavern, giving them a way to see. He gazed around for a moment before his attention was drawn back to the other boy.

Due to the artificial light they had been given, Owen hadn't noticed any weird feeling upon entering the cavern. At Magic's request, however, he extended a hand, palm up, and attempted to draw the light to his fingertips. He was surprised to see it didn't come to him, but impressed at the same time. It made sense. In order to make it a fair fight, they had to remove powers, they couldn't have any advantages over each other. Holding a new respect for the prefect, Owen awaited their next order.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 8:58 pm

The winter prefect took note of all their reactions. He took out a notebook from his back, and quickly scribbled something down, before replying to them. "Well it seems I was right about one thing." Magic muttered to himself. "Well it seems that you have all figured it out, or are getting there on figuring it out. This place.. This cavern to be specific, has the properties to take away gifts for as long as you remain in here." The winter prefect explained. "Well.. Under normal circumstances that is.. Anyway. I'm not pulling a trick here, most of you know my gift, so there isn't anyway I would be able to negate powers. I don't have Joonno back here either. It's just us four in here. No tricks just this cave acting on it's own." He looked down at his notebook again, and then scribble something down in it.

"Alright. Now I have to ask, who here can do decently well in hand to hand combat? Now I need you to be honest with me, don't try to protect your ego. Because if any of you lie to me, and when it comes time to spar me, you will end up on your ass in two seconds." He said, a small growl edging his tone. "If you don't know anything then I will work with ya from the basics, so that way we can work you up to a suitable spot. There is no shame in not knowing." The winter prefect, went and tucked his notebook away, and placed his bag off to the side of the cave. He rolled up his sleeves as he walked over to stand in front of them. He hoped he wasn't working with a bunch of newbies. The best situation would be that they all knew how to fight, but he hoped for at least two knowing how to fight, because then he could set those two to work while he worked with the third. This was going to be a long evening.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:07 am

Jake stopped trying to make his power work listened to the prefect. Know how to fight? Hell ya I do! Excitement bubbled throughout the tall student's veins at the thought of sparing. He didn't nessisarily like starting fights, but if he got the chance, he'd never turn it down. "I do! I've done quite a bit of boxing and defensive fighting before." He said with pride, taking a step forward.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:14 am

"I have no idea how to fight properly. It's why I came here, honestly. My power is only good if I can fight correctly." Matthew said. He looked over to Jake, noticing how excited he looked when Magic asked him if he knew how to fight. With his powers, Matthew felt that he stood a small chance against the slightly taller boy, but without them, he was fairly useless.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Owen shrugged, trying to brush it off that he didn't know a lot.
"I've been in sticky situations before and been able to punch my way out of them, but I've never had formal training," he said, sticking his hands in his pockets. It had only been once and he'd only really managed to escape by running faster than the other guys, but there had definitely been punching involved.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:51 pm

So he had one that knew how to fight, and was excited to fight, then one that said he kind of knew what he was doing, but Magic got the feeling there was more to what he was letting on then one who didn't know at all.. Well that was a range. He could work with this. He looked at Owen, and Jake. "Alright then, you two will be working together. We aren't full out sparring yet.. just do a warm up round so I can teach this guy some basics so we can actually get down to the dirty business."

He didn't wait them to acknowledge what they were supposed to do. The prefect walked over to the other winter, his hands hanging at his sides. "Well first thing I need to see is how you make a fist, cause if you do it wrong then you could end up breaking your thumb while fighting, and you don't want that in your first couple rounds cause then you would have to leave." Magic told the other went hoping that the boy wouldn't place his thumb to the side of his curled fingers or inside of his curled fingers. The proper place to place the thumb was to place it under the fingers on the part between the middle joint, and the upper joint.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm

With a simple nod, Jake and the Owen walked to the farther side of the cavern. "So, where should we start?" He wondered, taking off his school uniform, leaving just his white button up shirt on. He took a firm boxing stance and waited for the other guy, somewhat wondering what to do.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Matthew clenched his fist, putting his thumb over the top of his index finger's furthest knuckle. "Like this?" he said, raising his fist up for the prefect to see. The younger Winter thought this was silly, of course he knew how to make a fist. It's not like he was completely useless. He just didn't know how to get force behind a punch, nor did he know the correct fighting stance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting, for Science [Closed]   Fighting, for Science [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighting, for Science [Closed]
Page 1 of 1