Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Date Night [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11223

Date Night [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:13 am

The kitchen was a mess. Three bags of different types of mushrooms (shiitake, portabella, and cremini) along with a bag of garlic sat off to the side - all open and missing part of their content. A box of vegetable broth, next to two bottles (sesame and olive oil) sat on the other side. On the oven was two pans, one of the cremini mushroom and the other of quinoa and garlic. Near the box and two bottles was a plate of already cooked shiitake and portabella, just waiting for the rest of the meal to be done. All of this, in a tight confined dorm kitchen.

“This is so romantic.”

Brant was in the middle of stirring the quinoa and garlic but paused as he glanced up to glare at Inari who was hanging over the side of the couch, her arms limp as she grinned at her roommate. Her fox ears were perked, her eyes glimmering as she tilted her head with a small laugh. “What? Isn’t it a compliment?”

The firebreather shook his head as he returned to cooking the meal. Inari had been watching him for a bit, mostly just bothering him when she wasn’t being helpful in any manner. The company was nice for the moment, but he couldn’t help but get somewhat annoyed whenever she randomly said something like that. “Maybe it is when it isn’t said in a sarcastic manner,” he retorted.

Inari pouted, sticking out her tongue in a playful manner. “You’re no fun! I was just trying to lighten the mood, you know. You’ve been freaking out for the last hour.”

That...Was very much true. Brant had been freaking out, like over what to wear or what to even cook. He was lucky that Inari was here, as she had given him answers to those questions. She had convinced him that dressing up wasn’t needed and listed off a bunch of different recipes she had memorized. Inari had been like his own personal cookbook. “I want this to be a nice surprise,” Brant sighed, pausing from mixing the rice as he spared a glance at Inari. “Destiny doesn’t even know I can cook, and I wanted to do something special for Valentine’s Day.”

Inari pushed herself up, sitting upright on her knees as she flickered her tail. “And I want the leftovers,” she responded before taking a deep breath, before letting out a heavily sigh. “That smells amazing. I can’t believe you never cooked anything for her when you have skills like this!” She had been excited when Brant decided to cook Asian toasted quinoa with mushrooms, one of the many things she had memorized from her mother’s cookbook. It had been a favorite dinner of hers, and so she was very much hoping she was going to get some of what Brant was making.

Inari had been begging for some of it ever since he had decided to cook it, which was one of the ways she had been bothering him. He frowned as he looked at her, pointing the spatula he had been using to mix the quinoa. “You will get some if we have leftovers. I’m not going to be trying to save some just for you. If you really want some that bad, maybe I’ll make you some later.”

That caused Inari to pause, before she narrowed her eyes as if weighing it before finally nodding. “Fine, I can agree to that. If no leftovers, you make me some at a later point. I’m going to hold you to that, you know.”

A sigh escaped Brant as he returned to mixing the quinoa to make sure it didn’t burn. He adored Inari like a little sister, but really sometimes she could be really set in her ways until she got what she wanted. "I know, I know. It's a small price to pay.”

Ooc: What Brant is making: Asian Toasted Quinoa with Mushrooms
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9373

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 10:21 am

Destiny didn't know exactly what to wear for this date she had with Brant. He didn't exactly specify if they were going to go somewhere fancy, but he didn't say if it was going to be a casual date either. So she supposed jeans were out of the question.. Maybe casual dress? Or some skirt outfit? Maybe a skirt would be the way to go. She waltzed over to her closet, and opened it, and looked at the various articles of clothing she had in there. Oh this was going to be hard.

Finally she had a nice outfit. She had a slightly large cream colored sweater on, with a black long sleeved under it though it was kind of hard to see. She a a soft pink skirt that went down to her knees on. She had some black knee high socks on, and some black slip-on shoes with the same soft pink ribbons on them. It was a cute outfit, it could pass for something nice. She had taken some time to curl her hair slightly to make it wavy. She thought she looked cute, and she would hope Brant would think so too.

After some convincing... Well actually a great amount of convincing Juan to stay home, the Necromancer was finally on her way to her boyfriends dorm. She made sure to text him that she was on her way over before she left. It was just a nice thing to do. It didn't take long for her to reach the summer dorms, and then find her boyfriend's room. She made sure she looked good, before softly knocking on the door, hopefully not catching the boy off guard. Maybe Inari would answer the door again. She liked his roommate.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Once again Brant paused from his stirring of the quinoa, but this time it was because a knock of the door rang throughout the dorm. His face paled as he glanced at the clock, wondering what Destiny was doing here already. He still had a few minutes to go until the food was ready! Well...He had a good amount of time until the food was ready. Without a word, he turned his gaze to his roommate who was glancing between him and the door.

It wasn't hard to read Brant's expression - he wasn't ready. By Inari's guess, he still had at least fifteen minutes left after he finished that quinoa. Hmm, maybe he would of been ready if he hadn't spent so long panicking. Inari pushed her self off of the couch, making a quick trot to the door and opened it. Upon seeing Destiny in her cute outfit, a smile flashed onto Inari's face. "Oh, you are so adorable, Destiny!" she beamed...Brant may or may not have informed her that him and Destiny liked debating if Destiny was adorable. She took a step back, motioning for the necomancer to come in. "Brant is still finishing up, and it might take a while. Right?" She turned her gaze to the firebreather, who glanced back at her as he mixed the quinoa once more.

Brant leaned slightly from his spot in the kitchen to try to get a look at Destiny, his eyes glimmering once he saw the necomancer that had stolen his heart. "Destiny!" he smiled, before glancing at Inari as she spoke to him before returning his gaze to the Spring Prefect. "Yeah, I'm afraid this might take a while, so feel free to make yourself at home until then."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 4:56 pm

A smile appeared on Destiny's face as soon as Inari answered the door, but it dropped as soon as she said she was adorable. "Not adorable. And I'm guessing Brant put you up to that.." She said with a slight grumble. Now the smell of food was hitting her, and whatever it was smelled very good. Brant was finishing up? Was he the one cooking?

She stepped inside and for sure he was. That is a bit of surprise, but a good surprise. "Brant!" She responded when he shouted her name, and a small giggle followed after. "Sorry if I showed up too early. I wasn't expecting this." She said. She walked over, but she didn't go into the kitchen, she more so stood next to the counter that separated the kitchen area from the living area. "Smells good. Whatcha makin?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:24 am

It had been Inari's own choice to call Destiny adorable, not Brant putting her up to it but she simply smiled as if the necomancer had been correct, shutting the door after Destiny entered and headed back to the couch. Throwing herself over the back of it, she watched the two with glittering golden eyes.

Brant smiled softly at Destiny as she moved toward the counter, his gaze flickering between what would become dinner and Destiny - although his eyes clearly lingered much longer on Destiny. "Its fine, I wanted this to be a surprise," he hummed. "I'm making Asian Toasted Quinoa with Mushrooms - Inari was the one who gave me the idea, she is like my own personal cookbook."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Destiny looked down at the food he was making. Now that she was smelling the food, she realized just how hungry she was, but she could wait. "Well it's a pleasant surprise. Looks good." She would go over and give him a kiss on the check, but she didn't want to distract him. She turned to look at Inari. "So you know a lot of recipes? Do you cook a lot? Or did you read a cook book for fun?" She asked, joking about the last part a bit. Then she remembered it was Valentine's day. She looked back towards Brant. "Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day." She said with a cheeriness in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Inari happily stretched out across the back of the couch, almost drooling from the scent of Brant's food that wafted over toward her. "Looks good? It smells amazing!" she grinned, before blinking as Destiny looked over toward her. A sly smile flashed onto her face as she let out a giggle. "I tend to read a lot of things for fun. You would be surprised by all the random facts I know!" She didn't catch on that Destiny had been joking about the last bit because well, that last bit was the truth. When you have a perfect memory, reading cook book wasn't a bad idea when you ran out of other things to read.

Brant smiled as he kept stirring the food. He soon paused when he noted that this step was finished. As Inari started to talk, he increased the heat of the oven and added the vegetable broth that was needed. Waiting for it to start boiling, he glanced over at Destiny as she spoke up again - this time to him and he smiled happily back at her. "Happy Valentine's Day to you too," he hummed happily back.

"Ah, Valentine's Day," Inari signed dreamily, an amused playful glint flickering in her eyes. "The romantic but cheesy holiday that was once in honor of Saint Valentine - a man who was murdered for trying to convert the Emperor Claudius, or so they say. With one of the versions of how he came to in Claudius' grasp being that he had been marrying Christian couples. How roma-" Inari came to a stop when Brant glared at her, responding with a smug smile. "Seeeee?" she giggled. "I am just full of random facts and trivia."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 7:00 pm

"Hmm.. I see that now." Destiny remarked to Inari. The necromancer turned back to Brant, wishing to talk with her boyfriend. She liked Inari, but she was here for Brant and didn't want to spend the whole time talking to the other summer. "Juan kept begging me to come along. It took a lot of work to convince him to stay home." She said with a slight chuckle. "I swear that skeleton is worse than a dog sometimes." She remarked, leaning on the counter slightly to watch the wonderful summer that was her boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Inari titled her head slightly as she watched Destiny and Brant, flickering her tail. Hm...Maybe she should head to her room. But it wouldn't be any fun hiding in there while they had their dinner but... Brant might be less willing to make food for her if she crashed their romantic dinner. Uh, fine. "You know, I am going to go to my room," she stated as she pushed herself from the couch. "You two lovebirds have fun." She twirled on her feet and ducked into her room. Shutting the door after her, she sighed softly as she headed toward her bookshelf and plucked up a book. Well, nothing to do then pass time.

Brant blinked when Inari made her quick escape, but felt rather relieved that his roommate had finally left. His eyes flickered back to the wonderful Spring that was his girlfriend. He smiled softly as she spoke about Juan, a small laugh escaping him. "I do suppose a skeleton would of dampened the whole romantic part of the Valentine's dinner," he said with a soft nod of his head as he leaned on the counter as well to face her. "Of course, I can't say I know what having a dog is like...Or a skeleton. I simply have Kindle."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Destiny silently watched the other girl leave. Well now they could do some romantic things, but they weren't really all about that sappiness well Destiny wasn't really. They would probably just argue about her being adorable again. Maybe kiss? She didn't really know. She didn't really care what they did, as long as she got to spend time with Brant. She turned back to her boyfriend. "I don't know if he would have dampened the mood, but I don't know if he would have been to fond of you kissing me even though he knows we are dating." She said, "And dogs are basically hyper little things that don't like it when you leave, and don't take them with you. They are also very protective sometimes. So yeah I would say Juan is basically like a dog, but a human skeleton..." Yep She was pretty weird, her skeleton was weird, her family was weird.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:42 pm

"Well, if he wouldn't approve of that then I am very happy you didn't bring him along," Brant said, wiggling his eyebrow for added effect, along with a sly smile. He smile faded slightly as Destiny started to talk about how dogs were like, before letting out a small laugh. "Ah, so cats are the complete opposite. Well...Kindle was rather needy as a kitten, which I wasn't fond of as I didn't exactly like her back then but she has since mellowed out. I think she is sleeping on my bed at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 8:59 pm

"Yeah cats are quite different." Destiny remarked, ignoring her growling stomach. "Speaking of Kindle, how is she doing lately? I haven't seen her in a while." The necromancer asked. "I wouldn't mind having a cat one day, but with Juan around I don't know if I will ever have time for a pet with that needy skeleton." She remarked with a small laugh. "Sorry to ask, but is the food almost done? I'm getting quite hungry over here."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 pm

"She's been doing the same as ever," Brant replied as he stepped over toward the pan of quinoa, checking on it. "Sleeping on me during the nights, poking my face in the morning so that I will feed her, then sleeping on my bed the rest of the day with a few breaks to eat until she can sleep on top of me again. It must truly be a tiring cycle of life for her," he chuckled. His green eyes turned toward her with a soft smile. "Well, who knows. Maybe one day we will live together and have Kindle and Juan as our pets." He laughed at that, but he was rather serious when it came to the 'one day living together' idea. After all, when they both graduate from Beata, moving in together seemed like a rather good idea. "And the food should be done in a bit," he said, starting to gather up all of the bowls of mushrooms, putting them into a bigger bowl with the garlic as he waited for the quinoa to finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Date Night [Closed]   Date Night [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Date Night [Closed]
Page 1 of 1