Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Lost in the Plot [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11217

Lost in the Plot [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 am

Thump.

The sound of a stack of books plopping onto the table rang through the library, causing Luke to flinch as he glanced around the room. Silence greeted him in response, causing him to sigh in relief that nobody else was here - that he was aware of. He slid down into the seat next to the pile of books, pulling off his gloves as he set them to the side as he had no need for them. They were there to keep his gift under control but while there was no other people around, then he was fine.

He couldn’t say he was surprised that he was seemingly alone in the library. He was sure many of the students would rather be out talking with their friends, learning how to master their gift. Sure, he hoped to one day master his gift as well but his was one hard to practice with as his always tended to backlash him for the use. Controlling his gift was one thing, controlling the gift of the person he copied for those few moments were another. So, here he was. He carefully took the first book from the pile, leaning back in his seat as he flipped it open and skimmed over the first few pages until he got to where the information started and let himself get lost within the pages.

He wasn’t sure how long he was planning to spend his time in the library - not enough to read all of the books he had grabbed but he had only gotten them so he could pick and choose which one to read next. Most of them were simply informational books, those that most students would find a simple bore to read. They were slightly dull to Luke as well, but such knowledge lingered in their pages so he simply bared with the dullness of reading information as it was well-worth what he would get out of it. Knowing was half the battle after all.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

Beata Bucks : 8097

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:12 am

Little did Luke know, a young initiate was present in the library. And she definitely heard the rather large slamming of books against a table. Kyou rolled her light brown eyes and kept scanning through the selection, her finger sliding over the spines. There was one book in particular she was excited to read about. The History of Beata Academy.

She had always been fascinated with local history. The knowledge that a small town could have so many honorable acts was such an interesting subject to the girl. And with the lack of family history she had, it seemed only right to fill her mind with the history of her town. Or, her school. By now she had reached the 'H' section of the History segment. H-A... H-E... H-I. It should be right here. Kyou's eyes widened eagerly as she made her way down the row one by one. "The History of Be- Bedbugs?!" she exclaimed, staring at the book. An empty slot stood where her book should. Someone had gotten to it before her.

Begrudgingly, the teenager stepped out to the tables, taking a seat in defeat. She looked over at the blond boy who was peacefully reading a large book. She swore she spotted the words 'History' and 'Beata' planted on the cover, but the student had shifted so her view was obscured. She bit her lip. Should she disturb his reading and ask for the book, or stay put and wait it out. The girl shook her head. Time travel hadn't even occurred to her as she stood and took small, quiet steps up to Luke.

"A-are you finished reading that?" the brunette asked timidly.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8714

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 am

The library was Aspen's least favorite place too go to.

The autumn didn't like to read at all. That was a statement she hated it, she despised it she just couldn't stand the idea of sitting down and reading words in a book for more then five seconds. The blonde also couldn't stand how quiet it was in the library as a person Aspen was extremely friendly and talked alot. Most people had told her she had an obnoxious voice but she didn't mind them it was her personality if they didn't like her they could simply ignore her. Although she was sort of being forced to coming too the library since she was scouring for a book. Not for her, but for a class - she hated doing extra work but since she was kind of failing reading a 400 paged book was not an option well not for her.

Since Aspen had never been to the library at beata before she was kind of lost. Although the autumn was slightly amazed at how huge the place was and how many books there were it slightly had frustrated her at the same time. If she was going too read a book over 10 pages it had to be an interesting read. The autumn had skipped through the hallways of the library glancing around the shelves too see if anything had peaked her interest. Sadly nothing had did and she continued too wander too find a book. She stopped for a brief moment when she had heard something loud making the blonde slightly flinch and blink from being surprised. Aspen didn't see any people yet but she was sure that the loud crashing sound came from a person. The autumns glossy lips turned into a small smile as she quickly raced towards the sound. Aspen was always more eager too meet people then reading boring books.

The blonde had slowed down her pace as he came into view, Aspen wasn't sure if Luke had noticed her or not since there was another girl that had approached him as well. The autumn had approached the table and gave them a wave and a hello. "Hi guys!" Aspen greeted them with a friendly tone glancing at the book that Luke was looking at it seemed to peak her interest as well. "Oh hey! whats this! Mind if I look at this?" The questions were asked rather quickly as she snatched the book away from luke and read the title. "History of Beata?! Boring!"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9367

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 am

Vincent just happened to walk into the library. He wasn't really one to come in here but he wanted to see if there was any books about fire, and different types of fire.. Surely a school of gifted students would have something. He looked around the library not really noticing the two in the room with him. He found a couple books, and moved back to the tables. That's when he noticed the other three. Two he already knew.  "Hey Luke, and new girl I haven't seen before." He said to them, and then he looked Aspen, and a smile appeared on his face. "Hey Aspen."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:58 am

Reading his book, he had not noticed the brunette girl walk up until she spoke up, causing him to jump slightly as he glanced up at her. His brown eye studied her before he shook his head. "No, I am not done with this book yet I am afraid. Do you need for some re-" he didn't get to finish before another voice startled him, causing him to glance over to see another girl walking up. Really? He had come in here to be alone. When she asked to see the book, he frowned as he glared at her. "Yes, I do mi-" once again, he failed to finish because before he knew it the book was snatched out of his hands. He pulled his hands back the moment the book was gone, all to happy that she hadn't manged to touch his skin but gave her a cross look as he moved to grab his gloves and started to slip them on. How simply rude of her... "If you have simply come to give me your option on what kind of books I am reading, then I would prefer you leave me alone," he muttered softly, a bit ticked off that she had the nerve to steal the book he was in the middle of reading and then call it boring. He only manged to get on glove on before another voice spoke up - but at least he knew this one. He annoyed about the whole people showing up thing when he wanted piece of quiet, he glanced over to where Vincent was. "Hello, Vincent," he said, trying to keep his voice steady and calm, to now show how annoyed he was by all of the interruptions in what was suppose to be his time of peace and quiet.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Kyou looked down slightly, disappointed she would have to wait. She was about to cut him off when a rather loud blonde girl did so for her. The initiate looked up, her eyebrow raised as she observed the newcomer. She could immediately tell this girl's attitude from her appearance. Her ignorant entrance also gave her a clue into Aspen's mind. The brunette was about to speak up once more when another voice joined the conversation. A short, dark haired boy with long, messy curls. He called out to the two blonds, and even acknowledged Kyou. She gave him a shy wave in return. Luke, the boy who was holding the book that started everything until Aspen rudely interrupted, replied to the intruder with a slightly aggravated tone. She could tell he was as annoyed as she was that this flighty girl had disturbed his peace.

"Um, sorry I asked. I've been looking forward to reading that book since I got my acceptance letter," the brown-haired girl mumbled, twiddling her thumbs.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Aspen never meant too seem rude.

The blonde had flipped through the pages of the book too give it a chance, something weird about Aspen was that she was able too read rather quickly it was probably picked up from her room-mate Barry since he could read about 100 words per minute. Although it was rather boring so the book didn't interest her too much as Aspen had hoped it would. The blonde looked up she hadn't really been paying attention too what was happening around her since she was focusing her mind-set on this rather large book. Although she was easily able to guess Luke's reaction when the autumn had saw his frown. At first Aspen was rather confused before she quickly realized how rude she must have been. The autumn had chuckled nervously as she gave a friendly smile towards Luke and Kyou. "Whoops sorry dude!" Aspen had said as she nudged the book back towards the blonde a rather curious look as she noticed he wore gloves. She was about to ask about them when she completely forgot that Kyou was there too. Aspen never met these two before but it was obvious that Luke was in the winter-household because of his uniform. "Seriously? You new here to this school?" Aspen had asked a bit surprised too see that someone was so into history, the blonde had hated that subject as well. "By the way! My names Aspen nice too meet you! what are you're nam-" She paused when she saw a guy that she knew her smile had widened.

"Vincent Hiiii!!!!!" Aspen had waved and walked over too give the summer a quick hug. Their friendship was that strong that they were able too hug and for it not too be awkward or anything. Her gaze shifted over towards the guy that Vincent called Luke. "Oh so you're names Luke!" Aspen had asked smiling.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 pm

After Luke had greeted him, and Aspen had hugged him. Vincent sat down at a table near Luke's table. He had a couple books to go through.. He would rather not have to check them out later so he was determine to read. He wanted to learn as much as he could about fire. At the moment the pyromancer was able to create regular fire, and blue fire which burned hotter than regular fire... He pulled the first book from his stack, and started reading through it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Luke blinked as the new girl explained why she wanted the book, and gently took the book in his gloved hand when Aspen pushed it over toward him only to quickly be distracted by Vincent showing up. He was a bit surprised that the two knew each other, but he supposed the school wasn't that big and a lot of students most likely knew each other. Either way, he turned toward the new girl and held the book on the history of Beata out toward her. "You can read it if you want, I do have a whole stack of other books I can read," he said, making a motion toward the pile of books he had next to him with his ungloved hand. He thought about putting on his other glove, but he didn't exactly feel like it. As long as nobody grabbed or touched his hand for whatever reason, he was safe. "Say, what is your name?" he asked, deciding to be nice. If there was gonna be a lot of people here, he might as well be social.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 1:20 pm

This Aspen girl sure knew how to hold a conversation. She watched the girl jumped around from subject to subject with amusement. She giggled a little and turned her attention back to the blond boy. The next thing she knew, he had the book in his hand. The hand that was held out to her. "Are you serious?" she said in disbelief. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Kyou cheered, clasping the history book in hand. She brought it close to her chest with delight. The brunette paused, embarrassed by her outburst.

"Sorry. I'm Kyou. You must be Luke, Aspen, and Vincent." She held out her left hand in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Aspen had never imagined that someone would be so excited about reading words in a book. The autumn found it unamusing and bland but everyone had their own interests she herself had weird ones so she couldnt really say anything. The blonde smiled softly as she watched Kyou going estatic "I never have seen someone get that hyped up over a book! Aspen had said with a small laugh not meaning too sound offensive. "Yes Im Aspen nice to meet you Kyou!" Aspen had said with a smile she was glad she actually came into the library once there was some cool people here. The blonde had turned too look at Vincent and Luke a questioning look on her face. "So how do you know each other?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Vincent looked up from his book. "It's nice to meet you Kyou." He said in a friendly tone giving the new girl a smile. He was about to return to his book when Aspen asked him how he knew Luke. "I met him in the cafe one day. We kind of talked about things. I don't exactly recall what though." He said being honest with his words. The pyromancer didn't mention Lamia being there. He felt like it wasn't an important detail.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:00 pm

He couldn't help but smile a bit when Kyou got excited about getting the book. It really wasn't a big deal to him, he did have a big pile to read but when she held out his hand, a soft frown appeared on his face instead. Her left hand? He glanced at his own left hand which was uncovered, causing him to clear his throat a bit as he pulled his hands to his lap. He didn't want to seem rude, but he really didn't feel like putting his other glove on simply to shake her hand so he attempted to give her a small smile as the others greeted her. "Oh, I'm sorry Kyou but...I would rather not shake your hand. You see, my power activates on skin to skin contact and I don't exactly know what will happen..." As he drifted off, his eyes flickered around from person to person as they started to talk, Aspen asking Vincent about how him and Luke had met, and him responding. He didn't mind such a question, but was rather happy that he didn't have to answer it himself.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Kyou stared at Luke in confusion. '...my power activates on skin to skin contact...' Was his power dangerous? She slowly pulled her hand back to her chest, only just now noticing his gloved hand. "Sorry. I'm left handed," she giggled. "I doubt it's anything to be worried about though. Unless it's uncontrollable and deadly," she said in a 'as-a-matter-of-a-fact' tone. Though curiosity almost got the better of her, she resisted the urge to ask about his power. She could see the awkwardness in his gaze and hear it in his voice. Luke was most definitely the quiet, nerdy type.

The brunette decided to turn her attention towards the other two for a moment. "How did you two meet?"
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Aspen's head had cocked with slight curiosity, 'a gift that activates on the skin huh..?' It had peaked her interest, her gift was so lame compared too those who she had met before. Like Magic his gift was incredibly powerful as well as Vincent and Barrys and Lamia. She had always felt the weakest power-wise she would completely freeze when she faces actual danger. "What is it?" Aspen had asked normally glancing towards Luke blinking. Her attention had turned too Kyou when she had asked how she and Vincent had first met. A small smile had came on her face as she used hand gestures too show enthusiasm "Oh well! we met by his brother but we hang out alot! He's one of my good friends" Aspen had said with a confident nod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the Plot [Open]   Lost in the Plot [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in the Plot [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next