Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Esper - Beata's hot new social media service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12379

Esper - Beata's hot new social media service Empty
PostSubject: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:49 am

So, contact with the outside world is limited and heavily regulated. Students can have phones, send letters, make calls, sure. But since secrecy is so important, Beata's staff make sure nothing incriminating leaks out. It's a simple security issue. If the wrong information went into the wrong ear, then who knows how the students or the school itself might be endangered?

But teenagers are teenagers, and they need their internet. In Headmaster Wright's latest and most pathetic attempt to be "hip", he has introduced a new platform exclusive to Beata students—Esper!

Basically, it's a social network that works similarly to Facebook or Myspace or whatever things whippersnappers use these days. Not Google+, obviously. Students can make posts, upload pictures and videos, or do whatever. The "website" is only lightly monitored by school faculty.

The name, Esper, is a term used for people with psychic and paranormal abilities. I thought it sounded trendy enough to be the name of a stupid social network clone.

So let's cut to the chase:
- There would be a new board in Misc. Roleplay, just for Esper. It'd be located under Journals or Character Pages.
- It would be in blog format similar to the Announcements board.
- Your characters would post whatever stupid things your characters would post.
- These posts would be canon.
- I haven't worked out all the details on how the 'site' would function, but I have a few ideas. There would be a sticky explaining the basics.

Yay? Nay? Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Beata Bucks : 10914

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 2:52 am

Yay. I'll edit ideas into this as they come to me.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8750

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:50 am

Was this idea spawned as a platform to share Monty's butt pic? Do we get our own Esper handles?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8454

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:20 am

Sounds like a cool idea!
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 am

It'd be so much easier to spread rumors now.
I'm up for it~
Few questions:
1) Would they be able to make private/public posts?
2) Would prefects have any power over the website?
3) Are all accounts anonymous (ie. with usernames) or would everyone register with their real name?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Jay wrote:
Was this idea spawned as a platform to share Monty's butt pic? Do we get our own Esper handles?

Yes and possibly.

Echo wrote:
I'm up for it~
Few questions:
3) Are all accounts anonymous (ie. with usernames) or would everyone register with their real name?

Echo wrote:
I'm up for it~
Few questions:

1. In my head, your posts were public to the entire website by default, but were weighted by popularity and recency. There would also be a friend list which would give their posts more priority over others.

Example: Montare has zero friends, but you can still see his posts.
Richard is your friend, and even though his post isn't extremely popular, you still see it nearer to the top.
Jace is not your friend, but because his post is extremely popular, it's at the top of the website.
Jane posted a popular post (with lots of votes and replies) a day ago. However, because it's an older post now, it'll automatically get weighed toward the bottom to give newer posts a chance to shine.

2. No. The website would essentially be a free-for-all. There, of course, would be official "rules" to keep things polite and school appropriate, but those wouldn't really be enforced. Of course, that doesn't stop prefects from seeing your posts. And what they do from there is up to them.

3. I... don't know. I had imagined it being a social network, but something more along the lines of a Tumblr/Reddit/Whatever bastard lovechild could work too. I haven't worked out the details yet.

There'd also be limited customization for profiles. So you could change colors/theming, but couldn't go full Myspace and put on a terrible JPG skin over the whole thing. I have a couple other things in mind for features, but I should probably think through the basics before listing them all here.

If somebody would want to make a logo too btw, that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:15 am

Esper - Beata's hot new social media service IfTk3LV

I did a thing. I also suck at keeping things simple, sorry. //I think it looks really plain. OTL
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8750

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 am

It's a logo, it's supposed to look plain. You should extract that E as an icon or something
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Jay wrote:
It's a logo, it's supposed to look plain. You should extract that E as an icon or something

Okay, I removed the E and added a smiley face. Because that looked better.

Esper - Beata's hot new social media service G6cVxfp
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Holy catfish Echo, that's amazing.

We have our winner. Thank you so much for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esper - Beata's hot new social media service   Esper - Beata's hot new social media service Empty

Back to top Go down

Esper - Beata's hot new social media service
Page 1 of 1