Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9628

The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Her cheeks were puffed up, eyes narrowed in complete and utter concentration, her hand as steady as it could ever be as she brought her brush once again to the canvas sheet, oh-so-elegantly giving the last stroke to her work of art. Once she has finished, she took a step back, admiring her masterpiece.

Spoiler:

Serenity grinned and put the brush back in it's place on the easel. She hadn't even made that much of a mess! It was only all over her hands! ... And her apron, cheeks, even a little bit of color splashed in her hair, but hey - that was no big deal, right? The little girl glanced around, wishing there was someone to show her work off too, but she was the only one there - or she thought anyways.

She was supposed to be being watched by her cousins, but they'd sent her off to do art here and, well... she didn't know where they went. No big deal though, she loved painting! Seren blew the bangs out of her cheeks and took her picture down, setting it on a small chair to dry. "What do I make nowww?" She half-sang, half-sighed. It would be hard to beat her beautiful duck.

Last edited by Tree on Fri May 29, 2015 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Pinely

Pinely

Beata Bucks : 12151

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Wandering through the hallways, Harmony's eyes dashed left and right. Her dormmates were getting too rowdy for her liking. She didn't understand all of their inside jokes and whatnot. She decided to help herself get to know the building a little more. After all, it was a huge campus.

Eyeing a door that seemed to suit her liking, the blonde pushed her way inside and closed the door behind her. Sunlight filtered in through the windows, and many different objects were scattered around. Instruments, easels, and cupboards full of art supplies. Harmony noticed a small little girl painting intently. She couldn't go to school here. She looks too young. Quietly, she gave the girl an acknowledging smile. "Don't mind me," she began. "I'm just looking for a quiet place to myself. I hope I'm not bothering you."
Back to top Go down
http://mugzyrae.deviantart.com
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:50 pm

The girl blinked, put off by the sound of someone entering the room. Was it Jaii? Or Jace? Maybe they finally came back to see her super cool painting! But alas, it wasn't meant to be. Instead of her cousins, it was a stranger! Not one of those creepy ones in the big coats with candy, like her Mommy always warned her about, but it was a girl... And a nice girl, it looked like!

Serenity smiled back. "You're not! It's okay." The girl turned back to her easel, putting up a new paper and looking thoughtful for a moment before, suddenly, a little lightbulb seemed to go off over her head. She gasp loudly, spinning around and looking up at the girl again. "Could you help me, plleeaassseeeee?" Seren begged with a hopeful smile. "I don't know what to paint now!"

Last edited by Tree on Sun May 24, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:04 pm

She gave an internal sigh of relief at her not imposing on this girl's space. Harmony seemed taken aback at her sudden excitement and outburst. "Help you? Well, I- I don't really know how to draw..." The blonde began to move over to her, listening. "Oh. Uh, sure. Let me think."

The tall girl stood behind her, studying the blank sheet of paper. She caught sight of something on a nearby chair. A painting. "Did you paint this?" she asked with slight surprise. She stared at the little yellow duck and a large, smiling sun. It wasn't anything too impressive, but Harmony still couldn't do any better.

She turned back to the easel. "Hmmm, let's see. I like... dragons. Can you draw a dragon?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Seren blinked a moment as she gestured to her original masterpiece. A toothy grin suddenly appeared on the little girls face. "Yes, I did!" She said. Immense pride began to practically radiate off of her. "Do you really like it? I think I wanna hang it up in my room." As the blonde girl turned back to the blank easel, Serenity's gaze followed as well. A dragon? "A dragon?" She looked suddenly thoughtful, trying to picture the creature in her head. "That's just kinda like - a dinosaur with bird wings and stuff right?" She asked, making her hands all "winged" shaped to try and help the idea along. Her smile grew again. "Sure, I can do that! If you tell me what your favorite color is..."
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySun May 24, 2015 10:26 pm

"Yeah, that's kind of what it is," she chuckled. Harmony was suddenly lost in thought at the question of her favorite color. Pink? No, no, that was too girly and reminded her too much of her father. What about blue? It was the color of her eyes, and it was such a calm, serene color. "I like blue," she told the young girl, giving a smile. She wondered if she even had blue paint... "If you can't, that's totally fine. You can just draw another duck or something."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Serenity beamed a little bit on getting the creature / animal / thing right. She'd been sure that she saw it before, after all! They were in that one really old kids show that came up on TV sometimes. And her uncle loved dragons too! To her, they looked like scaly flying chickens, but whatever. If this girl liked them, then they must've been pretty cool, because she seemed cool! "A blue dragon, huh?" Her eyes narrowed as she gave a quick glance around the room. She was out of blue... But there had to be more around somewhere, right? The little girl had started searching around the shelves when the idea for another duck painting was thrown. Seren just frowned and gave the stranger a confused look. "Don't be silly." She said, "Ducks aren't blue... I don't think there are blue ducks anyways?" She suddenly looked stumped. ... Were there?
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyMon May 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Harmony saw the girl look around for the paint and search around for it. She didn't want to inconvenience her. She nearly spoke out to stop her from searching, but she seemed quite enthusiastic to draw it. At her wavering tone about blue ducks, an idea popped into her head. "There are! I've seen one." The blonde leaned against the table, giving a solemn look. "During the summer, my family and I would go down to this pretty little lake. You wouldn't think there was anything weird about it at first." Harmony continued, pleased with how convincing she sounded to herself. "One night, I went out to the lake 'cuz I heard a noise. Out in the lake, do you know what I saw?" She stood up tall, now, no  longer leaning on the desk. "A blue duck out in the water! Like, bright, bright, sky blue! I tried to take a picture with my phone, but when I came back outside, it was gone!" Harmony crossed her arms, pleased with herself.

"I hear that it's moved onto this campus. Every night, if you put bread out in the forest in the same spot for two weeks, it'll grant you a wish." She paused for a long moment. She didn't want this gullible girl to be wandering around the campus alone, looking for something that would never be there. "Er- with another person, of course. But- But it's just a rumor. It's probably not true. Nobody else has ever seen it."

ooc: and now i need to go to bed because wtf did i just even
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:10 pm

Serenity had stopped pretty much everything that she'd been doing to listen to this exiting tale of the girl and the mysterious blue duck. She was completely fascinated by the thought, and she could picture it so clearly! An adorable blue feathered creature, more blue than the water and the clouds. It sounded amazing! And really, really super mysterious!

A look of determination crossed her face. "I could find it again! I bet I could!" She said excitedly. She'd definitely take a camera and get a picture, and oh - how great would it be if she could get a wish too? "I'll find it! Oh, what would I wish for though? I don't know... What would you fish for?" The girl ran back up to the taller stranger, smiling. "And I need bread and - oh, would you go with me then?"
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyTue May 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Harm's eyes widened. She wasn't expecting to be invited on a duck hunting trip. She had meant that the girl and her mother or father accompany her, or... a... non-stranger. She stammered, taken off guard. "What- I would wish-- Uh..." She paused. Well, she had no reason not to trust this little girl. She seemed innocent enough. And how could she turn that proposal down? "Alright. I can help. I could probably get you some bread from the cafeteria too..."

After a long pause of thought about long, aimless treks in the beating sun, her gaze suddenly shot up. How could she be so careless? She didn't even introduce herself yet. Granted, she thought this girl would've wanted no part of her. "My name's Harmony. Harmony Orias. I think it's... Greek or Hebrew or... something."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyTue May 26, 2015 4:47 pm

She couldn't grin more in that moment if she tried. This was so great! Two weeks from now, she'd be meeting a magical, blue, wish-granting duck! She wondered if it was nicer looking than the one yellow duck that she'd just painted. It would be hard to pass that up, she thought. "Yay! I can't wait!" Serenity had been lost in her daydreams, glancing out the window towards the direction of the lake. She snapped out of her thoughts the moment the stranger had introduced herself. Her eyes grew wide, "That's my name too! Wait, no! That's my mom's name! I mean -" The poor girl grew so flustered, and it wasn't getting any better. "Harmony is my mom's name, I think - And then my name is Oreos too, and it's also Serenity - And, .... yeah!" She blinked up at the older girl. She got all that, right?
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyTue May 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Harmony put her hands up. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what?" She listened carefully as she repeated it once more, nodding with false understanding. She gave a laugh. "So your name is Oreos AND Serenity? I'm not following." Obviously this girl was mistaken. Perhaps they had similar-sounding names. She knew that her middle name was not, in fact, Oreos. Although, man were they delicious.

"So, Miss Oreos, your mom's name is Harmony, too? That's odd. My dad says that those are both very uncommon names.... Huh. Small world I guess." Harmony gave a shrug and a smile, despite the young girl- er, Serenity? Oreo? -being confused and unsettled. She folded her arms, leaning against the wall in thought. "So, are you going to draw your dragon first or are we going to find a duck?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:22 am

Serenity looked flustered. Maybe even a tiny bit more than flustered. She honestly wasn't sure at all how she could make it more obvious! "Noooooo!" She said quickly, waving her entire arms around to completely dismiss that idea. "My name is Serenity. Oreos. Meyers." The girl let out an over dramatic huff. Her look of exasperation grew to curiosity as she talked on. Was it really that uncommon? Didn't seem so to her. Her dad was just probably a weirdo.

She appeared to be stumped all over again. "Well..." Seren huffed, staring back at the easel. "I can do the painting really quick! But no peaking, okay?" Excitedly, the girl ran to the back of the room to grab another brush it seemed - oh, and she'd found the blue paint while she was at it!
Back to top Go down
Pinely

Pinely

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:29 pm

ooc: imlate

ic: She gave a nod in response. "I guess that makes more sense." Except for the fact that Orias was, apparently, a part of this kid's name. How weird... Harmony felt a tinge of doubt, but nodded despite that. She didn't understand why Serenity seemed so irritated anyhow. She was the one not making any sense! But weren't most children?

"Fine, I won't peek." Harmony turned her back toward the easel, crossing her arms and staring up at the ceiling. She backed into the table and sat on it in thought. She heard Serenity scrabbling through the drawers searching for, most likely, painting supplies.

Last edited by Pinely on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:03 pm

The young girl didn't seem to notice the student's uncertainty or irritation in the slightest, long since having run off and shuffle through several rather deep drawers. In the process, she'd spilled ink on her apron, poked her cheek with an old reed, and knocked over a small stack of papers. It was all worth it though, she'd gotten her beloved blue paint! Serenity glanced up at the blonde for a moment, observing her spot on the table before finally reaching her canvas and getting to work on her newest masterpiece.

"Ham!" She'd walked up proudly to Harmony with the picture behind her back. "For you!" The girl showed off her work with the biggest grin.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]   The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Totally Best Artist Around! [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next