Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

For good? [DEAD]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandly

Sandly

Beata Bucks : 11807

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Regina let out a sigh as she sat alone in the bright yet empty courtyard. She kicked out her feet and looked at her shoes as she let thoughts float by in her head like clouds on a windy day. She was absentmindedly bending the fingers of her right hand to impossible angles with her opposite hand. Maybe here they'll help me get a grip on my powers instead of telling me I'm crazy and dangerous and 'must be sent off' to who knows where... The teenage girl had dealt with this kind of treatment because of her gift for many years before her mother discovered this school, which was 'proven' to help gifted children, like herself, control and even improve their powers. But to her the idea was totally bogus, a big waste of her time, but she was wearing her mother thin with having to move constantly to keep her in school somewhere, anywhere that would take her...
But now all she had to worry about was not screwing this up. This seems like a nice enough place... she told herself while trying to find a purpose to try and stay. Besides, other kids here are supposed to be like me, so they might know how I feel. she thought with a small smile as she continued to brake and repair her fingers.

Last edited by Sandly on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11250

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Logan hummed softly as he strolled down one of the paths in the Courtyard, his eyes fixed to the sky above. Being here in Beata was a bit strange for him; this school was far different from the old one he was at in Texas. This place was far bigger than his old one, but the biggest thing he noticed was that everybody had treated him as sweet as honey; something that wasn't around at his old school. He frowned as he recalled the fight that he felt had 'unlocked' his powers, and the two bullies that had started it all. He had always thought that older kids would treat him the same, but not here...

He shook his head, but he paused when he saw a girl sitting on a bench. He hadn't seen her around before, so maybe she was new. He figured he would make like the other folks here, and be welcoming. He stuffed his hands into his pocket as he made his way over, a soft smile on his face. "Howdy," he said in his southern drawl as he reached her, coming to a stop. "Haven't see you before; you new to Beata?
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Regina stopped what she was doing and looked up at the blonde boy now standing in front of her. His drawl reminded her of home back in North Carolina, where many of the people there talked similarly to him, although she hadn't gained such a tone since her parents weren't from that area originally. "Yes," she responded curtly, but, not wanting to drive this new person away, she added, "I just arrived here from North Carolina." The girl hoped that by mentioning where she was from the boy could make some sort of a connection between the two of them so that things would become significantly less awkward for herself.
Fortunately, Regina managed to glance down at her hands in her lap and see that she still had three visibly broken fingers. In a mad rush to not let this new guy see what her powers could do, she scrambled to cover the gnarled digits with her other hand. Smooth move, Gina... she sighed inwardly at her 'subtle' cover-up.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Logan smiled softly, having not noticed her broken fingers at all. "Really? I'm from Texas," he said as he rocked a bit on his feet, before glancing at the spot next to her on the bench. "Ah, may I sit next to ya?" he said, not wanting to be rude by just plopping down next to an almost stranger.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:07 am

She followed his gaze to the empty spot by her side. "Sure, if you'd like." she scooted over a little more to allow himself some space and because she didn't want to scare him off. The only other friend she had made here was Grant, but what if he's a fluke? Regina asked herself, I doubt that he's the only nice person around here, but still, it's better to make friends than enemies in your first week of school...
Regina was surprised that the other boy hadn't noticed her fingers, but she didn't mind, and actually took it as an opportunity to repair them. But it wasn't the first time she had forgotten that her bones still made noises when she moved them back in place. Pop. Pop. Pop! The last finger sounded the loudest in her ears, and she cursed herself internally for her incompetence. Wiggling her fingers, assuring herself that she had full movement of them, she looked back up at the boy hoping that she hadn't offended him in any way with her gift.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:54 am

As Logan sat down next to Regina, he had taken noticed of her fingers and the silent popping noise that came from them, but he chose not to say anything. He had a feeling that what she had just done to her fingers had to do with her gift, and decided that if she wanted to speak of it, she would bring it up. . "So, ah, what's your name? I'm Logan. Logan Benniton."
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:16 pm

"My name's Regina, Regina Froster." she said as the Logan sat down beside her. She gave an inward sigh of relief that he hadn't asked directly about her gift, but she couldn't help but wonder if he was thinking about it...
"So, how long have you been around here?" she asked trying to spark up a conversation, which she didn't have too much experience with, "At the school, I mean!" Now she was just being unnecessarily jumpy about it, great...
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:00 pm

'Only a few months," Logan said in response as he leaned backwards, sighing softly as he stared up at the sky. "Its been great so far, but I know that things can change in a heartbeat." He shook his head, glancing at her. Well, this wasn't an awkward talk at all. It seemed hard to think of things to say. How are you just didn't seem to cut it when everybody had a 'gift' that changed their live in some way and had ended up all bringing them here. He wasn't the fondest of asking others about their gifts, as he didn't want to talk about his own. A gift they called it, but all he saw was a curse as he saw no good coming out of his.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:40 pm

She wanted to know exactly what he meant, but knew it was better not to pry. If only I could connect with him somehow... Regina thought to herself. "So what goes on around here?" she asked casually, staying on the subject of the school was always a safe one, "Anything that could be of interest to someone like me?" The girl wanted to kick herself for being such a fool sometimes. 'Someone like me'? How could he possibly know what I'm like?! she scolded herself.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Logan paused as he glanced at Regina. "Not a whole lot. We have classes in all, but most things are rather quiet. It isn't hard to find people working on their gifts or heading into town thought." He paused at her final question, leaning in slightly. "Well, I can't really answer that just yet. What do ya like, Regina?"
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] EmptyWed May 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Regina couldn't help but blush as she realized that Logan had gotten closer to her. "I-I'm not all to sure myself..." that was at least part of the truth, "I never really have gotten to 'interact' with people before now." and that was the rest of the truth. She diverted her eyes to the ground and shrugged a little with her response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For good? [DEAD] Empty
PostSubject: Re: For good? [DEAD]   For good? [DEAD] Empty

Back to top Go down

For good? [DEAD]
Page 1 of 1