Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

In Comes Grant

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11217

In Comes Grant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:39 pm

She rolled her eyes with a soft sigh. "Who knows? Maybe I'll go steal from an ATM in Rosebury, the town that is close to here or maybe I could get you to turn something into acid." Of course, she doubted that would ever happen on both accounts, and so there was a soft joking tone in her voice. Maybe she would just have to deal with growing soft. Hey, if it meant that somebody like Grant liked her, she could live with that she guessed. She never really wanted to go back to her old life, but she knew she would never be able to run away from it. Maybe she would just be a 'bad girl' forever. "Enough about me thought, what about you? How did you learn about your powers?"
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

Beata Bucks : 10298

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Grant looked down, he didn't really like talking about how he found his powers. At first he thought it was a curse, almost everything he touched was destroyed. He always felt he had to stay away from people, he felt like he was a monster. "Well, it's not a very funny story." he said. "I uh, I was playing with my friend, we were about nine or something... I still remember what she looked like, she was as tall as me, but I wasn't very tall back then. She had long black wavy hair, and she kind of acted a little like you. Anyways, we got mad at each other, and started pointing at each other." A couple tears fell from his eyes as he talked, but he quickly wiped them off. "Heh, I guess you can figure out the rest, right?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:23 pm

She paused, flinching slightly as she heard his story. "Man...I am sorry, I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." Roxie turned her gaze to Grant, shoving her hands into her pockets. "But...I am sure you are not alone. I bet a lot of students here have had hard times with their powers. I mean, my power is pretty harmless but I was scared of technology for a long time cause whenever I touched one, I would hear a humming sound but TVs? They scared the hell out of me the most because it felt like I could hear every single channel at once when I heard them. I thought I was crazy for a long time, but when I started to get used to my powers...I just ended up using it for bad things." She shook her head, sighing as she went back on her way. "Man, this isn't even much of a tour is it?" she noted as she walked, so when she saw a room she recognized, she pointed toward it. "That is the way to the library," she simply said, hoping that she could bring them off the bad topic of their powers.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:38 pm

She was right. The people here probably had it worst than him. It wasn't like he was that torn up about it when he was young, he thought it was her fault. As soon as something like that happened a couple more times, he finally figured things out. He actually had to kill someone to figure out he was the one doing it. No matter what, he always had to live with that. There's nothing time can't fix. Is what he used to say to himself. He shook his head. He didn't want to think about that anymore. Although he stopped thinking about all of his previous friends, he still heard their pained screams. He felt like he was about to cry again. I guess friends aren't something i can have. He looked down at Roxie for a moment. Sure, he wished they could be friends. He wanted a friend so much, but what would happen? He decided, after the tour he would try to avoid people again. He didn't want to hurt anyone, oh lord, that was the last thing he wanted. "No, it's really not."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:55 pm

"Over there is the initiate dorms, that is where you will be staying," Roxie said, her voice shaking slightly. She had a feeling that she had brought up some bad memories for Grant, which sucked as he was really sweet and cute, and sometimes that was hard to come by these days. She had been stupid to ask that question; of course it would be painful of him, he could turn things into acid with his touch. Of course, now that she thought about it, she would want to be left alone. And she had a feeling that is what he felt just by the sound of his voice. Her heart sunk a bit as she glanced at him, sighing softly. She didn't want him to be so down; he was sweet and she didn't care at all about his stupid power. He was serously like the first person she had met that she liked...Than again he was really the only person she had spoken to during her time here. "Ah...Over there is Autumn dorm; that is where I stay," she said in a halfhearted way.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Grant looked at the initiates dorm. He didn't think he would go there. More like he didn't want to. He would probably just sleep under a tree or something. He didn't feel like meeting anyone else really. He turned to the Autumn dorm, and said "Hm, if I ever need any help I'll come look for you, okay munchkin?" He didn't really care if he sounded like he was older if he said that, or even if she didn't like it. He said it mainly because he wanted her to think he was starting to feel better. He threw on a fake smile, and waited for her response. It probably wouldn't be a good one, but he knew it wouldn't be that bad. Might as well make her mad so she stays away from me, but how? I need to think about this... He shook his head, he wasn't going to do that. He was just going to say it. "Hey, Roxie... I need to ask you something."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Roxie threw him a glare at being called 'munchkin.' She snorted, shaking her head slightly. Ugh, whatever. She had gotten nicknames before, she would just throw that one into the back of her mind with the rest of them. However, she paused when Grant spoke up again, her glare becoming more of a look of wonder. "Huh? Oh, go ahead. Shoot," she hummed, pulling out of her phone for a few seconds. The steady hum that filled her head had grown welcoming after years of almost being alone, it meant to her that she had not to worry, and that helped as she wondered what Grant wanted to ask her.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:33 pm

He let out a big sigh. He didn't really want to say it, be he needed to. "Roxie, after the tour, I can't meet with you anymore. It would be bad for the both of us. I like you, I really do, but I don't want to hurt you. I know this sounds pretty odd, but if something were to happen to you because of me, I think that I would just give up on myself. Heh, not really a question, huh?" He realized how that sounded. She probably wouldn't care about this, but he did. She already knew what happened. "Ugh, you probably don't care, do you? You probably have a lot of friends..." He looked down, and waited for her response. He felt like he couldn't get close to anyone, but mostly because of his powers. He knew he was the one letting the go, but he couldn't help it. That was the only reason he had come to Beata, and the reason everyone else did, to gain control of their powers. He had just hoped that he could meet some friends along the way, but how could that happen if he kept doing this?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:07 am

Roxie just stared at him, having grown completely quiet. It even felt like the sweet hum that her phone normally gave off became silent just for those words to sink in. "No," she whispered softly, her eyes growing cold as the humming filled her head once again, a bit louder than normal. "You, Grant, have been my only friend so far here," she muttered, shaking her head. "I always felt like I would never fit in with the others; after all, I was a street kid pretty much." She sighed, lowing her head. "But...I have a feeling that no matter what I say will change your mind, will you? To protect me, right?" There was a hint of angry in the word protect. She had just met Grant, but she knew they could of been the best of friends. How was he protecting her if he took away the only change of her getting a real friend. She could take care of herself! She was strong...But clearly she wasn't all that strong to hear those words and accept it.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:40 pm

"Roxie." he half whispered to himself. He didn't know, obviously. He thought she had friends, look at her. "I-I-I didn't know... You have to trust me though. I don't want to get close to someone just to hurt them, especially not you. I don't want you hurt, or anybody else. If you start hanging out around me, I might accidentally hurt you." He thought back to his first friend. It did make him feel better to tell someone what he did, and this would probably convince her. "I... I killed her. I didn't know what I had done, I didn't know I had powers. I was told a couple days later that she had passed away, and I was too young and too stupid to realize what i had done. I never want to do something like that again. Do you understand now, or do you think I'm selfish?" as he spoke, his voice quivered. He wanted her to accept this. He didn't want to leave her angry, he wanted it to be explained. He sure did want a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:55 pm

"No, I don't think you are being selfish," Roxie said, crossing her arms as she stared at him. "If anything, I am the one being selfish." Her voice was slightly cold, but it was mostly because Roxie was trying to act tough and not let it break. "Listen...I..." She sighed, her gaze shifting away as her voice grew slightly soft. "I know you are saying this for a good reason, but I can protect myself, Grant. Besides, you ended up...hurting her because you didn't know about your powers. But you do now and I think that changes everything." Her voice grew steady as she calmed herself slightly, letting the humming of her phone wash over her. "You don't want anybody close, fine. I won't get 'close' to you, but that doesn't mean we still can hang out. As I see it, the only thing you have to really be careful about is physical contact, which I am sure we would avoid if we are just hanging out." And with that, she grew silent. Her eyes were cold as she stared at Grant, waiting to respond. She wasn't going to go down without a fight, she didn't want to lose her only friend like this.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:24 pm

He didn't want this to happen, he knew that either way he would hurt her somehow. He could only give this one more change before he gave up. It's not like he could continue this much longer, he didn't have any examples or anything to say back. No, what was the point? She was gonna keep going no matter what, and besides, he couldn't think straight. He would have thought that when she heard he killed his best friend, she would have backed away, but she didn't. Why didn't she? He waited for a while so he could calm down, and talk clearly. "Okay Munchkin. I just need you to promise me one thing though. If I do hurt you, just don't get mad at me. You know what could happen... Do you promise?" He wanted her to give up, realize she could die. Did she even want to live? This friendship could result in death, yet she still tried. She could be friends with anyone else, why him?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:41 pm

"Alright, Giant," she said with a soft snort, but there was a sparkle in her eyes as she stared up at him. Hey, if he was going to give her a nickname, she was going to give one back. "I promise not to get mad at you if you hurt me but please, if anybody around here is going to be hurting anybody, it is going to be me hurting you." However, as she finished saying that she shifted slightly, realizing what she had just committed too. She knew why Grant wanted her to leave, hell, he had killed his best friend but...But she knew what it was liked to be alone and she had hated it but him choosing to be alone? She couldn't let him do that, no matter how dangerous he could be to others. She shook that thought away, before shoving her phone back into her pocket and waved at the hallway they were in. "Ah, how about we put this all behind us for now and just get back to the tour, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Giant? That was more of a compliment than an insult. "Heh, as if someone as short as you could hurt me." This made him feel happy, but he also felt kind of mad. He was mad that he didn't keep it up, and win. He just gave up. No, I can't get close to her. I just have to act like i'm her friend. "Yeah, sure. Let's continue." After a while, he would just end it. He just had to keep his powers from doing anything that could kill, or injure her. It couldn't be that hard, could it? No, he could do this. He knew he could do this. As long as it's for Roxie, I can do this... I hope. He just needed something to help him. Maybe the gloves, yeah. He needed to fix them, they were already badly damaged, but he needed them. Without them he couldn't do this.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:49 am

Roxie responded by sticking her tongue out at him, but she still spun and led the way down the hallway once more. "Cafeteria is over there, and the way to the lounge is that way. The lounge is great as it is a prefect place to relax." She paused as she let her gaze drift across the hallway, before spotting the way toward the Courtyard. "Oh, over there is the Courtyard. Its a beautiful place with lots of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Comes Grant   In Comes Grant - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In Comes Grant
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next