Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Easy As a Pea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oven

Oven

Beata Bucks : 11210

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Maytrix was studying. Yes, not something he usually had to do, but once in a while, he did. It was science, technically. To be more specific, he was studying how microwaves work. You know, like the one in kitchens? Since his hands were practically those things, but portable, he wanted to freshen up his knowledge on the matter. The library itself was almost deserted; as if right now he was the only student there. It was getting dark outside, and the natural light from the windows was dimming. His mouth yawned, and his hands ran through his raven black hair. Sighing, Maytrix stood. It was just so boring. Slamming the book shut, the boy started to walk towards the return slot. Humming rose from his chest and he nodded his head to an unheard beet. The book slid in easily with a thump. Spinning around, he found himself face to face with another girl.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Aethra had decided to go to the library to find out what she could about Beata's past. It was a bit of a habit of her's to go and analyze quite a few things - usually a little too much - and test everything out with the process of scientific inquiry. She had been standing by the science section, holding the book in one hand while the other was turning pages. The Spring had been quite concentrated on the book, wondering about the many different things that happened within sound. Unfortunately, her thoughts always caused mirages to appear, so if carefully observed, faded lines that represented sound appeared on the books behind her. When the thump of a book fell, slightly startled, the waves behind her reflected the sound before fading away. Closing her book and looking, the fourteen year old asked, "Oh, my... Who might you be?" Her blue eyes were focused straight into his, and a small bow was given out of politeness. A family tradition and habit they did before introducing themselves, "I would be Aethra." A gentle kind voice that always seemed so polite and displaying respect, it was all due to the family lifestyle she grew up with.
Back to top Go down
Oven

Oven

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:25 pm

A soft smile graced his lips. He wasn't so alone anymore in this silent library. He shrugged his narrow shoulders and rubbed his neck. "Ah, hello." he said, mimicking her bow; a bit awkwardly though. "I'm Maytrix." Maytrix's voice was easy and smooth, his voice deepening in that puberty way. Dropping his hand, he walked a few steps forward to close the space between them. "Nice to meet you, dear."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 6:36 pm

What was he trying to do...? Charm her? Attract her? Oh... flirt. Come on, she wasn't that interested. She disliked those with mockery, even if his smile was quite kind. Even if he was quite handsome and not your typical everyday kind of guy, he was being awfully direct and it bothered her that someone could be so blunt. Dear? Please, he must not say that to every girl. Reopening her book to get her mind off of things, Aethra replied, "It's quite a pleasure to meet you as well." Glancing and turning the pages, the girl had a few things on her mind, but they were pretty simple things such as analyzing the story. Luckily, there was no need for those kind of things to become real, so her powers would stay off for the time being. "You must be an initiate. You are unfamiliar and strange to me." She had an intriguing word choice, but, that was just her. Really, it didn't help with her sort of thing, and it was her attempt at breaking the silence.
Back to top Go down
Oven

Oven

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 pm

A small laugh was heard and a nod was seen as he leaned against the book shelf. "Sorry, was I a little too forward? I get that way sometimes." Running his hand through his hair he let the silence thicken the air. He ignored her question about being an initiate. "Whatchya reading there?" he asked curiously, tilting his head to the side. It made his glasses go crooked, and his hand reached up to push them back to their proper spot.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Glancing over at Maytrix and then back at her book, Aethra replied simply, "Perhaps you were, perhaps not." Maytrix, huh? As in... Matrix? A matrix was an environment or material that something developed in, or a system. Did his name have any meaning to that? Luckily, such a thought like that was impossible to develop into a mirage since it was simple relationship to different words and how would her powers manage that? Not that she exactly knew her powers were the cause of her thinking, analysis, and always working mind. When he asked the question, without breaking concentration on her book, the Spring answered back with her calm, cool, and polite voice, "I am trying to find a book on spirits, ghosts, and the like. An illusion subject must I say." Her gift did relate to those, so it would be best to learn more about it. When reading, most of the time, she didn't even think, her mind just took pictures of it and she remembered when necessary. It was fortunate, since every other time she was in a thought, her abilities would activate on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Oven

Oven

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

"Interesting." he said, nodding. "I was just catching up on the fascinating science of microwaves." Maytrix waved one hand in a falsely amused movement. "It has to do with my powers." He stood straight, shrugging again. It was a bad habit, to be honest.

Last edited by Oven on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Why was he interested in what she was doing? That was what bothered her a bit. Wait... How did he know that she was researching on her own gift? This guy was a bit different from most other students, she'll give him that much credit, but... Really, he seemed to be so curious about what little tidbits she did. Aethra simply responded with, "I suppose so. Unfortunately, this resource hands me nothing useful." Placing the book back in the empty spot right behind her before grabbing the book right next to it, she flipped open to the table of contents and started turning to the page, before getting hooked into reading again. Before she realized it, Maytrix was still there. "Do you not have anything else to do? You did say you were researching about your own powers, correct?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Easy As a Pea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy As a Pea   Easy As a Pea Empty

Back to top Go down

Easy As a Pea
Page 1 of 1