Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

I heard somebody whisper please adore me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11305

I heard somebody whisper please adore me Empty
PostSubject: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Really? It was only November, did it have to be this cold already?

Shaking her head Verona clutched tighter to her coat(click) and steadied herself against the bite of wind. She had never been much of a cold person, actually that was an extreme understatement. Verona hated the cold, so much so that she clung to summer and any heat she could until summer started again. Sure it was dramatic, sure she was being ridiculous, but she was Verona and that was what she was known for. And everyone knows that dramatic and ridiculous people always stir up some sort of drama, so that’s what Verona was out to do. Not purposely of course, or at least that’s what she’d hope you’d believe.

No hun, you can’t do that,” Verona informed to her Bluetooth, rolling her eyes. “That’s her boyfriend, not yours. Now calm down.” The girl erupted out into giggles and continued listening to her friend from home yapping on and on in her ear about some boy.

Not that she was trying to be conceited or anything (not like she’d really have to try), but Vera didn’t know what her friends would do without her. She was like their personal therapist, only minus the wrinkles, gray bob, and old lady clothes. Seriously though, Vera solved like all of their problems. Maybe she would do that when she grew up, I mean her power was pretty much useless compared to all of the people who could do all that fire stuff or whatever.

Look darling, it’s been great chatting and all, but I’ve got to split.” She chirped into her Bluetooth before ending the call and pulling open the door to the café.

The sudden warmth and smell of coffee permeated around her, and Verona suddenly felt at ease. Only, there was one problem. Verona didn’t see anyone around. How was she supposed to order a cappuccino? “Helllo? Anyone there?” She called out, taking a sweeping view over the place.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11685

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:41 pm

just gonna pretend emelia's at beata by now

A young lady appeared from the back of the cafe, smiling brightly at the costumer who just walked in. "Sorry for the wait. Is there anything I can get you?" She asked. Frankly, business had been horrible for Patrica these last few weeks, what with everything that had been happening. People were leaving Rosebury, but she didn't have that option. Her cafe was all she had.
While she waited for Vera to answer, the door opened, and someone else walked in. Patty was surprised to have more than one costumer at once at this point, so she smiled extra brightly and greeted the stranger.

Emelia looked up, surprised by the enthusiasm of the barista. "G'day~." She answered back. She came up and waited to order after the girl in front of her, casually looking around at the quiet cafe.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:20 am

Verona stared at the barista with an impatient look on her face. Her fingers drummed against the counter as she looked around the deserted coffee shop. "Yeah." She huffed impatiently, offering her a rather forced smile. "A grande caffe mocha, no sugar, no whipped cream, with half skim, half full milk. No I don't want one percent milk, just a mixture of the both. And raspberry syrup, mix with the milk, then the coffee." Then she stepped aside and looked at the girl behind her.

She was pretty enough and her outfit wasn't too hideous, Verona smiled half heartedly at the girl. "Hello," She said, giving the barista impatient glances to hurry up with the order. "So what's your story? Are you like British or something?" Verona's ignorance was so pathetic and yet at the same time she remained to smug and confident in herself.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Patty, used to rude costumers, rolled her eyes in good nature and went to fix the girl's order. "I'll get right on that." She told her, not daunted by the task she had been given.

Emelia smiled back politely, choosing to ignore her almost insulting guess. British. Did she even sound British? She had literally only said one word, and it was 'G'day.' British people didn't even say that. That was completely Australian, but whatever. "Naw, I'm from Australia. Just got here a few weeks ago, actually." She answered. Tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear, Emelia quickly decided this girl reminded her of friends from home. She wasn't exactly sure if that was a good thing though.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Australian... British... They were basically the exact same thing.. right? It's not like she even paid attention in geometry...? No, it was definitely geography. That was the class with the globe- right? It was a shame though, she was a genuinely smart girl, but for some reason she felt as though she had to act dumb for people to like her. Although Verona assumed it worked, because most guys practically fell at her feet- not that they really had a choice.

"Right, right." Verona said, as though she already knew. She probably did, she liked to think that she was like the Gossip Girl for Beata. Only minus the website and she was in fact a girl. "I'm Verona by the way," She continued, flashing a sickly sweet, but extremely fake, smile. She didn't extend a hand or wave, just stood there flashing glances back at the barista to hurry up with her drink.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Emelia was about to reply before Patty interrupted.  "Here you go." She said flatly, moving over to the register for the girl to pay. Emelia stepped up and placed her order- a caramel macchiato, before turning back to Verona and mirrored her smile- although her's appeared more genuine,  yet equally as sweet. "Name's Emelia. It's nice to meet you." Somehow, Em didn't notice the vibes Verona was giving off, the smug confidence or the fact smiles. She didn't question any of this and took it all as real. She used to have friends like this back home, whose blood was just as poisonous as her's,  but in a completely different sense. Of course, Emelia didn't notice that about them until they turned on her, that just being their way, and she noticed nothing bad about Verona either.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Verona turned to face the barista with a raised eyebrow before grabbing her drink and handing the barista her money. "Keep the change." She told the women, even though the change was only a dollar fifty. Verona liked to think this was almost like giving to charity, I mean she was giving her extra money to a worthy cause- coffee. Nothing was like a good cup of Joe- if you could even call Verona's pedigree coffee that- it woke up the mind, and was a total energy and mood booster. How could you get much better than that?

"Oh cool," Verona said, sipping the coffee despite it's still scorching temperature and scrunching up her nose as the heat burned her tongue. She put the coffee back on the granite counter and shot a glance at the barista as if it was her fault for making the coffee too hot. With a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head, Verona turned back to the Aussie with interest. "So Australia right? That's pretty exotic." Verona chatted with the girl, with a tilted head and a hand on the counter that supported her weight. "Doesn't this cold, like suck?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Patty nodded, before finishing Emelia's drink and handing it to her. Emelia smiled at her, paid and offered a quick 'thank you' before turning back to Verona. "Yup. It's pretty nice there. The beaches are great." She said wistfully, already missing the warm weather and cool water. At the girl's question Emelia practically groaned. Totally. Like, I can deal with everything else, but this cold is killing me." Normally, Em took things with a wonderful attitude, but this weather was completely worthy about complaining about every time she spoke. She studied Verona for a moment, though just a quick lookover out of interest. "So, Verona as in like, the city?" She asked, out of mere curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:51 pm

"Oooh, beaches? I wish there were beaches here." Verona exclaimed, looking around as if this place was scum on the bottom of her shoe. Not exactly the café, Verona thought the place had a quaint charm to it, but let's be honest, how exciting could a bunch of trees and cold get? "I used to live on the beach too." Verona told her with a sort of dreamy tone. She remembered the warm summer nights, the boys and bonfires and swimming, it was paradise.

But then she was brought back to reality at the girls question and couldn't hold back from letting a mocking laugh ring through the air. "Yes, Verona the city. What else?" Then with a sip of her drink she continued. "My mom's one of those, like, hopeless romantics and really wanted to go to Verona home of Romeo and Juliet. Obviously the rest is history." Verona found the whole thing stupid and admittedly funny, but hey at least she wasn't Mikonos or Kiev.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Emelia nodded her agreement, taking a sip of her drink. She yearned for the days of sunburns and lemonade, instead of frostbite and hot chocolate. Not that she had gotten frostbite yet, but it was bound to happen anyday. Honestly. She wasn't exaggerating at all. And hot chocolate was great and all, but the cold wasn't, kay?
Emelia shrugged, feeling a bit dumb about asking the question. "I don't know, it could've been something else. I was named after my grandmother, after all. But still, that's really creative of her. It's a cool story to tell, I guess." She said lightly, holding on closely to her cup.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Verona couldn't help but let out a long audible laugh. Her mother, creative? Yeah, not really. "You think it's creative, yeah?" She questioned, an eyebrow cocked higher on her forehead. "There's also Dublin, Preston, Berlin, and Florence." She couldn't help but keep a sassy tone and roll her eyes lightly. Not really at Emelia, but at her parents idea that naming their child after where they're conceived wasn't exactly ideal for the child. "Let's just say my parents like to travel." But Verona didn't want to talk about this, this was booorrriing. She wanted to talk about boys.. and drama! Letting out a small yawn, she hoped Emelia might get the hint and offer up something interesting instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I heard somebody whisper please adore me   I heard somebody whisper please adore me Empty

Back to top Go down

I heard somebody whisper please adore me
Page 1 of 1