Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

This is my Kingdom Come

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12415

This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:50 am

Evelyn's heart sank when Jace spoke. She dropped her gaze back to her lap and fiddled with her hands. "Oh... um... E-Evelyn. My name's Evelyn." she mumbled. Had he really forgotten? What she had expected, she wasn't sure, but the girl couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed even though they were doubtlessly on less-than-harmonious terms. After those first months of school, when she had felt like she actually had a real friend... it could be nothing else but the side effect she'd been vaguely warned about long ago. Perception Bending extended beyond just her immediate surroundings. When you didn't notice somebody was even there it was hard enough to remember someone, but her gift took it a step further when it came to memories. That's what had been theorized, anyways. I guess this proves it.

Was that it, then? That build-up just to ask her name? Evelyn tried to play it off as if it didn't phase her, trying her hardest to put on a cool and composed look as she looked up again. Stupid girl. You knew it would happen. But she hadn't listened to that nagging voice in the back of her mind, in some silly hope that part of her life would just go away if she ignored it hard enough. But her gift was inescapable, it seemed. The girl tried to suppress the rising defeated feeling in her and tried to focus on Jace instead. That hadn't sounded much like a favor. What else did he have to ask?
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9661

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 11:34 pm

He nodded quietly to himself, finally throwing his gaze away and ignoring the growing pit in his stomach. "Evelyn," Jace repeated softly for safe measure, nodding gently. "I'm sorry." The boy ruffled his hair with his hand and sat up straighter, frowning and letting out a deep sigh. "Alright, well..." He realized he hadn't thought out how to exactly put this. It'd only been a growing thought he'd been keeping to himself for a while. "I'm going to go look for Spion." He slit his golden eyes, "I can't sleep right at night knowing that bastard got away with what he did." A few of the teachers had looked for signs of him around the area, but his trail had appeared to go cold. Jason refused to accept that, though. "I'm... not exactly sure if I can find him, but he's hiding somewhere." Get to the point, his conscious muttered. "I don't think I should go it alone either."
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:53 am

The girl only let out a near inaudible sigh at his awkward apology. She seemed to straighten up at the mention of Spion though, clearly more interested. Evelyn listened carefully as Jace rambled out his half-baked plans and narrowed her eyes suspiciously at his last bit. What? Was he really asking her to go out on a manhunt? He admitted it himself; the stupid boy had no leads. And what exactly did Jace plan to do if he did find Spion? Kill him? That thought made her uncomfortable, and by instinct her hand dropped to her thigh, where her knife would have been if she hadn't left it behind in her room.

But the million dollar question was why he wanted her to come with him. Evelyn took a deep breath and screwed up her face as she concentrated on each syllable, trying her hardest to eliminate that pesky stutter. The girl had to make herself clear and persuade him against this folly, for his own safety. Jace really didn't think things through as he showed time and time again, and he'd end up following the Summer Head of House to the grave if he went through with this. "Ssso... you want to leave the s-suh-school to f-find and kill him." She grit her teeth. This sentence wasn't coming out right, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't speak 'normally'. "W-where would you even look? It's b-been months... h-he could be anywhere... A-and w-what if something h-happened to you w-while you were gone...?"

Evelyn still hadn't asked what she was wondering about the most; why he wanted her to come with him. That's what puzzled her most of all.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:41 am

The autumn frowned and leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees and staring at the ground in-between them. He didn't catch the awkward look of slight frustration on her face, but instead sat in patience and listened to her words. He honestly didn't mind her stuttering and was never really in a rush to get through a conversation, perhaps from years of communicating with his brother, in a way. He never cared to think about it, and instead went over the plans in his head over and over with half-a-mind until she finished - what little there was tempted to change as Evelyn went on.

"I - Well..." The young man couldn't say that he didn't want to kill him, but it didn't come up as a serious thought. "If I find him, I'm not sure what I'd do." Jace answered honestly, clenching his fists together. He knew that the urge to beat the every living shit out of the coward grew with each passing day, every time he walked by the infirmary even more-so. 'Make him pay for what he's done. I'm going to make him pay.' The words rang in his head all too often. Jason wasn't sure how much longer he could take it. "The guess is that he's somewhere on the east coast, but no one is willing to search that far." He scoffed with a look of disgust on his face.

If something happened to him? "I don't care." He said frankly, "Someone has to do something, right?" It was like everyone else had given up before even really trying, and he hated it - hated feeling like he and everyone else were so helpless to some douchebag. "In any case, I'd still feel better if you'd go with me." Evelyn could try to talk as much reason into him as she pleased, but the boy was far too swayed by emotions to really listen.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:50 pm

"D-do you know where on the east c-coast?" she retorted. That could mean anywhere from Key West to Portland. "S-so you expect t-to just take a wild s-stab at s-some eastern city and f-find him...? It'd t-take you a lifetime to l-look everywhere... H-he might not even b-be there... T-there's an e-equally good chance h-he's in Huh-Hong Kong." The girl stopped there and dropped her gaze to her lap.

She really just wanted to comfort him, and give him the cliche talk about how he didn't need to get revenge or that he needed to focus his efforts here, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead, she ventured a suggestion. "...w-why don't you just l-leave a tip to the police...? I m-mean, Mr. Wray has probably been d-declared missing by now... if you l-link Mr. Spion to his disappearance..."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:23 am

A bit bitterly, he said nothing as she pointed out the odds of finding him. Perhaps the chances were just a tad on the slim side, but they had to start from somewhere. It was better than sitting around here, that was for certain. "You think they would've done that already." He mused, "But wouldn't they have to look into what happened to Wray then? Even I can see that's not the best idea." Jace sighed. "It wouldn't be a lifetime. For maybe a month or two, at most." Maybe the whole idea was stupid, but that still didn't mean his mind was changed. "I can't stay here any longer. I have to try." He muttered, a serious look on his face as his gaze flickered back to Evelyn for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 am

"No... you'd n-never find him, I'm t-telling you... It'd be p-pointless." she insisted more firmly this time. By everything holy, this boy was stubborn. Spion could have been hiding out on Mars and he would have tried to build a rocket. The girl suspected that Jace didn't quite realize the logistical nightmare his fruitless quest would soon prove to be. There were too many factors working against him. It was impossible, plain and simple.

Evelyn carefully looked Jace over, sitting all sullen. If logic and common sense didn't dissuade him, maybe a different angle of approach was necessary. "L-look... um..." she sighed and shuffled uncomfortably on the hard bench. How would she go about this? "I, uh... I k-know you're r-really angry about w-what he did, but... T-this is..." The Winter trailed off, feeling even more awkward than before. What was she trying to say? "J-just... your d-dad wouldn't want y-you going on this w-wild goose c-chase, w-would he...?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 am

"My dad's sent me out to kill yetis, mutants, and other crazies." Jason retorted with a soft, but near-smug look on his face - almost if the entire thought were amusement. "What's another psychopath, right?" He shook his head, trying to hide the uncertainty behind his smile. Jace held back another sigh before pulling himself onto his feet, wiping his face again with the towel. He had wanted Evelyn to go with him because, although with everything that had happened between them, he still trusted her - as an ally, if nothing else. One of the few that he'd want to take with him on his little chase. "Just forget I said anything, I guess." He muttered in a loose tone, trying to appear casual. If she were that against the idea, he supposed he should just keep her out of it and be thankful she were even talking to him at all. "You still need to workout?" Jace asked, trying to throw the subject off. To be honest, he was fairly disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:26 am

Evelyn looked down at her hands as he spoke, fighting the urge to protest and biting back a retort. I shouldn't have said anything... It still felt odd. Why had he even asked her to go with him in the first place? This was their first time talking to each other in months. They didn't even know anything about each other, really... he'd even forgotten her name. She silently mulled over this when Jace suddenly spoke up again and brought her to attention.

"Oh... Mm, well, I guess..." she mumbled, fiddling with her hands. The girl didn't really need to, nor want to. Evelyn had only come to the gymnasium in the first place because she had nothing else to do, and this encounter alone was enough to persuade her to avoid going outside of her dorm for the next couple of days or so. But it wasn't as if she could say 'no' and leave, right? To be perfectly honest, she was again beginning to fret over looking stupid while exercising in front of Jace, if he was going to stay long. Oh god, why did I come here? This was all a big mistake. A big, stupid, mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is my Kingdom Come   This is my Kingdom Come - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This is my Kingdom Come
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2