Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A-As Friends! [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11220

A-As Friends! [closed] Empty
PostSubject: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm

He was nervous. How could he not be? He was about to do a stupid thing. A stupid, stupid thing. Why did he even have this idea in the first place? Devin bit his lip, only to regret it in a second as his fang almost cut into the soft flesh. You would think having fangs for his whole life he would learn better then to do that, but nope. Nope, he was clearly an idiot. Why else would he be standing here? How long had he even been standing here? His green eyes blinked as he glanced around the room, his wings - that was otherwise folded neatly behind him - shuffled at the moment as he attempted to find a clock to answer his own question. Unable to find a clock, Devin turned back to the door that led to Dorm 203 - Aleta's dorm. Well, it wasn't just her dorm seeing how she had three other dorm mates but at the moment all that mattered that she had one of the rooms within.

After staring at the door for a few moments, his eyes once more forfeited on the goal and instead turned to the ground as his tail swished back and forth as he struggled to gain the courage and strength to raise his hand and knock on the door.  He hadn't even seen Aleta since the whole thing at the lake. Things had been fine since then - his powers hadn't proved to be an issues and even the headache had gone away. Yes, he was still stuck with wings that made sleeping an issue but that was a whole different problem. The problem he had was the fact that he wanted to ask her to the Winter Formal.

Just thinking about it caused a blush to flash across his face as he raised a hand to his mouth, repeating in his head the words that had convinced him to even come. As friends. Only as friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Leo always talked about how he wanted Aleta to be doing more...Social stuff and well, Devin wanted to go to the formal...Just not alone. What was the worst that could happen anyways, Aleta would say no? He paused. Well, that would be pretty bad. And crushing. I mean, he wanted them to go as friends but...It would still stuck to be turned down. Was he even wearing the right clothes to be asking somebody to the Winter Formal?

His eyes once again avoiding the door, he glanced down at the sweater he was wearing. It was for an old Christian band called Newsboys. He liked a few of their songs, but he really had to stop wearing clothes he liked until he figured out the wing issue - he was getting tried of having to destroy shirts and sweaters just to put them on. But hey, it was a price he had to live with. His little wooden cross necklace hung from his neck, bouncing every once in a while away from his chest as he swayed mindlessly from where he stood. Finally, a soft prayer left his lips as he finally turned his gaze upwards and reached out a hand, rasping on the door twice. Hopefully Aleta was home...
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10046

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Per usual, Aleta was in fact in her room. Ever since it had gotten cold outside, the girl had only done out when it was time for classes, or when her brother dragged her out of the room. Quite literately, Leo had to bribe her with hot chocolate and pull her out of the room. It was a weird time outside. One moment she and her brother were sitting peacefully, the next a ton of people showed up. Even Keirsta! Who had been gone for ages. Aleta decided to stay indoors for as long as possible after that. Even the prospect of getting hot chocolate from Leo's dorm room seemed too tedious and cold of a task. So instead, she took to lounging about the dorm, hardly paying Destiny's wondering skeleton any mind.

Two rasps on the door brought the girl out of her thought of her sleepy daze. The dark haired girl looked up from the couch, glancing around to see if the skeleton was going to answer it before her. He wasn't around, or at least he didn't react to the knocking. Taking it upon herself, Aleta rose from her spot and strode toward the door being sure to be quick. Her feet on tip toes, sliding to a stop in front of the door.

Brushing a stray bang from her face. Aleta, swung open the door. She had expected to see Leo. Or even Keirsta. Yet Devin stood in the door. "Devin?" Aleta ventured, opening the door all the way. Her head tilted to the side.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 4:02 am

The moment the door swung open to see Aleta, he felt his wings shift as they opened slightly in pure excitement to see her. "Aleta!" he chimed back in a happy, breath-less voice as he gave her a soft smile. However, the moment of joy soon passed to uncertainty then fear as he recalled exactly why he was standing in front of her dorm. The smile faded into an uncertain frown as he tried to come up with words to say before finally a nervous cough left him as he raised a hand to rub the back of his neck as his gaze shift away. "I-Ah, thought I would stop by. And I wanted to ask you something." Come on...He could do it. He could do it!

Nah...What was he kidding? He couldn't do it. The words just refused to leave his mouth causing him to stand there in silence like the silly little demon he was.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 pm

The girl copied his smile, glad to see her friend who she hadn't gotten to see very often. The girl took a step into the threshold, holding the door open with her foot. The sudden drop in his face caused her own smile to lessen. Why did he seem so nervous? There wasn't any reason to be, right? "Of course, Devin. You can ask me anything." Aleta did her best to give him a kind smile, hoping it would drive away at least some of the nervousness that her friend was experiencing. What could be so important that he would act like this?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:58 am

A nervous laugh escaped him as he shifted his weight from foot to foot, tapping his fingers together as he struggled to form the words he had already repeated so many times in his head. "Well..." he started with a clear of his throat, his green eyes flickering as his gaze shifted away slightly. "The Winter Formal is coming up and....I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." The moment those words left, he flinched slightly as his shouldered grew ridged as his gaze snapped to Aleta's to catch her reaction. "B-But just as friends! Just e-everybody is going and...Well, it would be stupid to go alone, yo-you know? Besides...I couldn't think of anybody else who I would want to go with..." Well, that part was a lie. He had thought about asking Nicola for a few moments but...That would just be a little bit awkward he thought. Not that this wasn't awkward either. Besides...He just kinda wanted to go with Aleta more then anything.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:53 am

Aleta paused, eyes widening as he spoke. Was Devin... She didn't know what to think. A smile blossomed on her face as he finished talking. So that's why he was so nervous talking to her. Honestly, she didn't think he needed to be nervous. Leo trusts him, so it isn't like he would track down Devin and beat him up for asking his sister to the dance. It wouldn't be like Leo. She and Devin were friends anyways, Aleta wouldn't mind going at all.

"I'd love to go." She hadn't been planning to go before this, but if she was going with someone else...It might just be fun.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:08 pm

As the smile appeared on her face, Devin couldn't help but mirror it as he felt that was a good sign. And yes, he did need to be nervous. Sure, it was a simple question but it was still a weird question to be asking a friend he felt like. It was normally for couples and such-like and while he did like Aleta, it just wasn't like that. Simply friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Still, his whole body relaxed as she agreed to go, his wings spreading slightly as his green eyes glimmered. "T-Thats great!" A sly grin replaced his smile as a small laugh escaped him. "I'm wondering how Leo is going to react to the fact that you are going - he always complains that he wants you to be out more but I'm sure this is going to be a surprise to him!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A-As Friends! [closed]   A-As Friends! [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

A-As Friends! [closed]
Page 1 of 1