HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
The Summer Tournament has begun! Head on over to the Island and cheer for your favorites!
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Share | 

Guess who's back?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang

Beata Bucks : 1620

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Maisie didn't oblige too much, only moving 2.54 centimeters with the nudge, staring lost in the white of the ceiling, wrist resting on her forehead, warming it red as her hand stretched to the snow above. When he inquired again about the stabbing, her eyes grew dark with annoyance, and the hand on her forehead snapped closed, like a flytrap. With a brief moment of no speaking, she gave the kind of reply she'd give her mother, as if he was accusing her of lying. "You want to see it?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

Beata Bucks : 1401

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 am

"What? Surely your stabbing wasn't the only interesting thing that happened since I left. It's high school. Anyone pregnant yet? What about naked dog guy, what's he been up to?" Jonathan deflected, yet to turn and face her since he was still struggling with the mattress covers. Every time he covered a corner and went for another, the other corner came loose. Very frustrating work. Between the uncooperative mattress and Maiz, he gave up, sitting with his back against the wall and his legs dangling off the bed. He wouldn't lie, he was curious and the fact she spoke so little actually drew more attention to it. But common decency forced him to refuse at offer to pry further. Especially when it seemed a touchy subject. Instead with a quick lunge and wiggle, he took out a pack of smokes he'd hidden between the mattress and the wall, tossing it over to the blonde. "Still smoke? Or has the stabbings given you a new appreciation for life, Maiz. My mate Dan's bro had one of those after being bit by a shark. He gave up drinking and sleeping around. Became a pastor."

so many kids, please stop this sinful hand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:57 pm

"I don't know. I don't give a shit," She said, propping herself up on her elbow to deliver this news, raising an eyebrow before dropping down once more. The second question was a little more ridiculous. "Of course I do. I'm not joining the convent because of one incident." She hid the fact that she spend many nights awake, afraid of death, afraid of the feeling of death creeping over her. She'd had two cigarettes since then, and one was an excuse to get off a ride with Jane. She was hesitant toward them, and it was only the itch that drove her to their grip.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 am

"I dunno Maiz. I think you'd look good as a sexy nun." He teased, his hand rooting around for the lighter he'd stuck under the bed frame, it took a few tugs but it was off. With his prize in hand, he leaned over, grazing her side lightly when he overbalanced reaching for a cigarette that had come loose from the packet. He was quick to straighten up with a sheepish smile, cigarette in hand. But one sniff, he rethought his plan, fiddling with it instead. As if he didn't need more reminders that he'd been gone awhile, even his smokes had gone off. Lighting them wouldn't be worth the coughing and the itchy throat. "Nevermind those, unless you got a craving for coughing a lung out. Sorry mate... Shit, I was gone a while wasn't I?" He muttered, more to himself towards the end, thumping his head against the wall while he grounded his spare palm into his eyes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:35 pm

"Oh fuck off." If it seemed like a joking shrug-off, but the shove she gave his arm was hard. "Put those away, I don't want one right now." There was a blankness as she settled, staring up and up. He had been gone for a while. A moment of silence, she whispered, almost uncharacteristically delicate, "What are you gonna do after this? After school?" It was almost innocent, but the fragility of her temper showed in the fire permanent in her greenblue eyes. She would hit him again if he went at her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:58 pm

He'd been meaning to throw them out anyways so with  a simple shot they were in the bin, but he kept the one in his fingers, fiddling with it still. For once, he thought through her question, however uncomfortable the slowly burgeoning realisation that he couldn't linger in this strange limbo away from reality at Beata couldn't last made him. "Hm." He had given it thought a couple of times, nothing like watching someone die to remind you of mortality but never seriously. Fancy fleeting thoughts of a wild future as an adult living life. "I'd like to study people like us. Learn how all the bits and bobs work together. I mean, I can negate powers but why? How does that work? Bar that, I'd like to travel, see the sights of the world. You?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Negating powers. Something within Maisie felt like he'd told her that before, but she couldn't really remember. In fact, she couldn't remember a lot about Jonathan. There were a lot of things she didn't know. She didn't feel like asking, and frankly did not care enough to ask.

Power negation, power negation. She wondered if she had told him her power, if he could negate her power without knowing about it. Without saying anything, the girl began to hum a sweet tune, her melody clean as if she'd never smoked a cigarette in her life. She closed her eyes as she did so, the tune soft and sweet and sleepy like a lullaby. If his power was really great, he'd still be awake by the time she finished her little song.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Maisie wasn't the greatest talker. Their friendship seemed to be more him blabbing, flirting and her steadfast teasing, mocking or outright ignoring half of what he said. A simple arrangement, but humming in response to a question was new territory, even for them. It was a nice tune though. Soothing, sweet, like a lullaby that you'd sing a child to chase away nightmares and help them sleep. Something your mother would sing to you, which only made the sudden timing odder, until it clicked what she was trying to do.

Jonathan didn't actually know what her powers were. That wasn't one of the things they'd really discussed in their short time together in Beata during the summer, but he could guess it had to do with sing. Amused, he leant over from where he sat, crinkling the already messed up bedsheets to poke her on the forehead. "Power negation. Still fine, Maiz."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 pm

And Maisie stopped with a hush, a scowl and a sigh. Dammit. That would have been hilarious, for him to drift off to sleep after talking about negating powers. She closed her eyes and grinned, imagining him immediately falling asleep as she drew dicks on his face. She didn't speak for a while. In fact, after a few minutes, her breathing became shallow and slow. The girl had fallen asleep on her own, much to her possible unconscious dismay. She seemed peaceful, lips slightly parted, chest on a sea of up-and-down, a calm Sunday roll of waves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crippling Roollage Debt

PostSubject: Re: Guess who's back?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:20 pm

"Huh." She was sound asleep in minutes. Not quiet what he expected, and if anything, it concerned him a bit. He pondered to himself that maybe she wasn't fully recovered from her stabbing, but she seemed too peaceful. Like a cherub, which startled a quiet chuckle from him because awake Maisie was no little angel.

Carefully, Jonathan extracted himself from his bed, trying not to squeak too many of the rusted springs as he got up to walk over to the closet to take out a blanket. He could have woken her up, but it was no real trouble, half the things he had to go through were clothes and other domestic knick knacks that he could arrange quietly. After tucking a blanket over her gently, he set to work, trying to chase out dust bunnies and find matching socks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guess who's back?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Courtyard-
Jump to: