Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Distractions

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11614

Distractions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Renard didn't say anything at first, just smiling a tad awkwardly. It was obvious Emily wasn't good at conversations, but neither was he, so this was bound to be a mostly silent lunch. Scrambling for something, anything to talk about, Renard just asked the first thing that came to his head. "So, what's your power?" He had almost forgot about that. It was a 'special' school after all. It had just taken him awhile to think about bringing up the topic.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

Beata Bucks : 12372

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:56 pm

This was a topic Emily was used to discussing with others. Even after years of explaining it though, she still had trouble with putting a word to her power, since she didn't know exactly what she could do just yet. "It's called psychokinesis." Emily told him, "What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Renard bit his lip for a moment, trying to put an idea of what this 'psychokinesis' was. Something with psychic in it... was she psychic? Could she read minds, or control objects? The possibilities fascinated Renard's mind enough that he let Emily's question linger a bit too long. Snapping back to reality, he looked embarrassed as he responded. "Oh! Uh, I... control shadows," he finally answered, his tone the same as when he spoke of the lyrics he wrote: dismissive. Sure, he could control shadows. He could contort their shapes into whatever object he pleased... but it was limited. He could only control the shadows of certain objects in his immediate vicinity, and he could only move them a certain distance. On top of that, when it grew dark, his power was virtually useless without the sun to cast shadows upon the land.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm

A bright smile flashed on Emily's lips when he finally told her."I think that's a great power! It must be nice, having control over something so delicate and unreliable. It'd take a lot of control to do so.." She told him. Emily regarded him, lost in her thoughts as she tried to picture Renard in her head. She carefully looked him over; his facial features, which she'd never truly paid attention to until then, liked to change with the topic he would be talking about. "You have really pretty eyes.." she said softly, looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Renard gave an unconvinced shrug, as dismissive as ever about something he could do, or at least try to do. "It's alright, I guess. It's not very strong, though. I haven't been able to fully perfect my powers to what I'd like them to be." He gave her a small smile. "Your power sounds cool, though." He was prepared to ask what exactly her power could do, but was stopped before any words had left his mouth by her comment. He was silent, his eyes widening a bit at her words. My... eyes are nice? Since he almost never had normal conversations with other people, he wasn't prepared for a compliment from anyone, much less someone as pretty as Emily. As much as he tried to contain it, a blush completely covered his cheeks, making his entire face burn akin to an August fire. "Oh, uh, uhm, th-thank you," he murmured softly, glowing with embarrassment at this point. Casting his gaze around for anything to attempt to save face - a bit too late for that - he noticed the continued wait for their beverages. "Huh, long wait for those drinks," he laughed, very forced, realizing how psycho he must've appeared at this moment.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:28 pm

"Yeah..." Emily replied, glancing over in the direction the waitress had run off to. She had hope that the girl would return soon; it was probably the burger that was taking her so long. She glanced back towards Renard, shyer this time. I'm sorry... I didn't mean for my comment to make you feel uncomfortable.."
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Renard turned back to Emily, further embarrassed by that weird outburst. He knew there wasn't any way to hide all this from her: that blush was giving him away way too much. "Oh, no, it's okay," he replied, trying to diffuse any tension he had brought to the table. Why couldn't he just take a compliment like a normal person? "I-I reacted weird, I'm sorry. Thank you, really." Slowly he regained his countenance, even able to give her a smile, though his eyes were still wider than they had been before, showing off how red they truly were. "I... I like your eyes too," he finally said, taking a look at her face. Her eyes were indeed pretty, big and green, but this was probably not going to make the conversation any less awkward.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Emily blushed slightly at the complement, glancing down at their hands to avoid looking at him. "T-Thank you." she stuttered, mentally cursing herself at the break in her voice. Just then, the waitress finally showed back up, the drinks and his burger on a large platter in front of her. "A water and burger.." the girl mumbled to herself, setting down the glass and dish in front of Renard. Then, she sat the tea in front of Emily. "And here's your tea." Without the glasses in hand, she waitress looked at them, more relaxed. "Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm

As they both sat there in the most awkward moment Renard could think of at the time, the waitress inadvertently saved them by coming over with their food. Silently giving her thanks for that, he gently pushed the burger closer to him and smiled at the waitress. "No, that'll be all for me, thank you. Emily?" He looked over at her again, seeing what she would say and hoping she wouldn't completely withdraw from him after that conversation as he situated his meal to his liking. It wouldn't be good if the first person he could really call a friend at this school drew away from him due to this.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm

"No thank you." she told the waitress, who gave her a small nod and walked away. Emily then turned her attention to the drink in front of her, stirring the ice with the straw inside of it. She didn't trust the drink enough just yet to put the liquid in her mouth. "So..uhm.." Emily mumbled, in hopes of starting a conversation to break the tension in between them, "What House to you want to be put into?"
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Renard wondered for a moment why she hadn't taken a sip of her drink, considering that was all she had ordered, but at least her new question put them back on the right track. "Houses?" Oh right, he had no idea what those were. He knew there were houses, but... he had admittedly slept through whatever had passed for an orientation through this school. He wasn't used to actually staying at buildings owned by an educational establishment. "Uh, I... actually don't know what the houses are," he laughed softly, scratching his head. "Why don't you just tell me yours, and I'll hope to be put in that one too?"

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 pm

"I....actually haven't been placed yet. I need to take a test for them to choose which one I would work best in. The houses are Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn." Emily told him, a small smirk playing on her lips. She honestly hadn't thought much on the topic of the test, and what house she would be placed in. Emily had been more focused on getting to know the area of the school and the other students than to worry about that. "I guess I'm hoping I get into Winter, but I don't know. We'll see." Emily finally said.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm

"Well then, I'll hope for Winter too," Renard laughed, picking up his burger and taking a bite. He honestly couldn't care less about the houses in particular, but Emily was the only person he really knew... to get into the same house as her would make things a lot simpler. "Do you know anything about the test?" He was a bit curious now, and at least it was good lunch conversation. Besides, she knew plenty more than he did, which was nothing at all.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Middie

Middie

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Emily shrugged slightly, causing her bangs to fall in front of her eyes. Smirking slightly, she pushed them back, and gave up when they decided that they did not want to stay put. "Not really. I overheard someone say that it isn't that hard; just basic questions on who you are, but that's all I know about it." Emily told him, finally risking a sip of the tea. It tasted...bitter. Not enough lemon.. she thought to herself, taking another sip.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 pm

"Oh well, guess we'll find out when we take it," he mused, shrugging his shoulders and returning to his burger, though he found his eyes kept straying to Emily's hair. It stood out, but in a good way: long, colorful, it was just as pretty as the rest of her. Stop it, he scolded himself. No need to make this any more awkward. "So... how's your tea?" he asked. There, keep it simple, not awkward. At least it was something.

Last edited by Falcon on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distractions   Distractions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Distractions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-School Grounds :: Rosebury :: Café-
Jump to: