Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11655

You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. Empty
PostSubject: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm

After Kimply had panicked and finally got Nurse Wright into the room, the woman assured her that everything was fine. It was stupid of her to push him, but he was definitely going to wake up again, and soon. Hopefully. Around the second day, the ever optimistic Melody (along with a little recruited help) transported Ethan from the infirmary to his room, as it would probably be better for him to sleep in an actually bed from now on, instead of the uncomfortable, hospital smelling cot. Kimply had to clean up his room a bit, but she didn't mind. She'd rather do this then continue walking past his closed door everyday. It always gave her a new jolt of pain, but after so long she had gotten used to it. Still, she was glad that it was gone, replaced with his presence.

She didn't mean to be there when he woke up. After they had put him into bed, she tried to get some sleep as well, though in her dorm. Where they were only separated by a wall. After a few hours tossing and turning, she had given up completely on sleep. Worry was just getting to her. If he didn't wake up this time, it would be all her fault. She had forced him to do something that she should have know would drain him after all. So there she sat, covered up with the softest blanket she had, relaxing on the couch in his room where she had spent countless hours just hanging out and watching tv. That's what she was doing now. The tv was turned almost all the way down and all it was really doing was lighting up the room in bright bursts of color. Whatever program she had been watching hours ago was replaced by some infomercial about some new vacuum, and how revolutionary it was.

She had long forgotten about that tv, and could only be concerned with the warmth of her blanket and the comfort of the couch. Her mouth was slightly ajar, and faint snores escaped her lips from time to time, as it seemed she was finally getting that well needed rest.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9628

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Ethan had woken up half-expecting the sharp needles again his arms, and of the blinding white roof and walls, and the over-sanitation of the infirmary. What he was surprised by was that when he rubbed out his eyes, he saw nothing but a dimly lit room, with faded posters and dusty shelves. Looking around he saw an old world globe, and a stack of books - make that stacks, in several different places. A big DVD case next to the stand which held the TV, giving a small amount of light to the room.

His blue eyes flickered around, noting the warm, cozy bed he was in - and the couch next to it, where a familiar girl slept, huddled up in a blanket. He frowned, trying to remember her name, "Kimply?" He'd had a strange dream all that time, and she'd been in it, but he'd called her something else then. He started to slowly sit up, though it still took far too much effort than he would've liked, and grabbed at his stomach. God, he was hungry. He wondered at first if he should leave her alone, but figured - wherever they were - she could find them something to eat. Ethan leaned forward, shaking her shoulder. "Kimberly?" He called, the name slipping without him realizing.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Kimply groaned, and rolled over into the couch, curling into a ball. "Nooo mom, five more minutes..." She had just gone to sleep, and she couldn't have gotten more than an hour the night before. She really didn't want to get up... "And don't call me that.." ... Wait. That wasn't her mom's voice, and only one person had called her Kimberly. She sat up and looked over at Ethan before rubbing her eyes. She looked around, completely confused for a moment before everything came rushing back towards her. Her cheeks turned pink and her eyes widened.

"Shit! Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep! Or be in here, actually. I just figured when you woke up you'd probably be hungry or need something because damn, who wouldn't be hungry after two days, ya know? So I was just gonna wait for you to get up, and then I was kinda tired because I was worried so I didn't really sleep and- wait." She frowned. "How'd you know to call me Kimberly?" Did he remember that? What else did he remember? She didn't want to get her hopes up, but in that moment that proved to be hard.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 am

Ethan yawned, looking around the room curiously and trying to figure out where he was while she rattled on about how exactly she ended up falling asleep on the couch - not that he really minded. She apparently took care of him for this long, right? He didn't see much wrong with her using the love-seat he didn't even know was his. It took him a few moments to realized that, where he had woken up, was his room; seeing a few, old rewards and trophies on the wall with his name on them. Rubbing his eyes again, he muttered, "You're right about that, I'm starving." The smallest hint of a smile was appearing on his face, before he had to frown, realizing her question confused himself. "I don't know. That's your name, isn't it?" He asked, before realizing she'd never told him more than 'Kimply'. He seemed rather surprised. A little frustrated, he rubbed at his head. "Well, it's a lot nicer sounding than Kimply, I think."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:51 am

When it became apparent that Ethan didn't actually care that she was passed out on his couch (like at all), she relaxed. However, she couldn't hide the dissapoint on her face when she realized that he didn't even know how he knew. "You called me that when we first met, because it was on my file or something. That was the only time, but..." She didn't like the name Kimply anymore. It's what her dad used to call her long ago, so she had held on to it like a lifeline, since it was the only thing he had ever given her. But after she met him in person... After he had practically spit that name at her and laughed at it, as if he had actually cared, she realized that maybe it wasn't that great. Then again, it was also what everyone except for her mother called her, so it wasn't all that bad. But maybe once, if she was given this fresh start, she could drop the past and forget about, just for a little bit. "If you like Kimberly better, you could call me that, if you want." She shrugged nonchalantly, acting as casual as if it really didn't matter to her, but her name was a big thing for her.

Stretching and waiting for his response, looking at him from under her tangled bangs, she realized she was probably a mess right now. She began combing her fingers through her hair, but that didn't do much for her bedhead. Sighing, she through the blanket off of her and got up. "Come on, I'll feed you. I can make some killer cereal."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:00 am

It was obvious by the look on the young man's face that he wasn't exactly believing her little act, but he didn't bother to push it, since it wasn't exactly his concern. At sometime in the past, it might've been - or he might've even known completely what she was talking about, but now he was just crawling out of the dark. One thing at a time, Ethan reminded himself, there's was a lot he had yet to learn - or figure out again. For the time being, his stomach pained, rumbling loudly and telling him to get a move on.

"Cereal sounds great," he said, offering her a weak smile, moving to stand up off the bed - but remembering quickly his mistake in doing so last time. Pulling back the sheets, he saw someone had slipped socks on him, one stretching from his stump over to his knee. With a sigh, he glanced around, spotted a pair of crutches by the head of his bed. Ethan reached over and grabbed them, tucking him under his arms and pulling himself up with a few huffs. His entire body was trembling, but hell - he had done it. "Kitchen's that way?" He asked in a mutter, taking a small step forward.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:19 am

Kimply nodded, happy she had finally seen him smile again. She knew that this had been incredibly rough on him and she couldn't even begin to imagine what he was feeling, but she would still try to do anything in her power to help make it a bit easier. Speaking of which...

"Hey, if you want I could just make you breakfast in bed or something... You don't need to push yourself anymore, especially after the other day..." It was obvious that she still felt guilty about that. It fueled her concern even more. She wasn't exactly good at this caregiving thing. She didn't know what was too much or what was helping him, or what she needed to say or anything. She totally sucked, and it made her nervous. But when it became apparent that he wasn't gonna give up, she just nodded her head and walked up to him. She couldn't help but gently placing her hand on his arm to lead him. Or, be there in case he couldn't walk anymore, which at the moment seemed likely. "Here, I'll show you where to go. Also, if you want something else I can make it. I'm a rather good cook, in my totally unbiased opinion." For as long as she could remember she had been cooking for her and for her mother, so she had lots of practice. Lately she hadn't been eating much at all, so whether it was cereal or a five course breakfast, she'd appreciate something in her stomach.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 4:49 am

About what happened the other day, he'd nearly forgotten about that. The soft blue light under his touch that completely wiped away her wounds from existence. Curiosity tugged at him and clouded his thoughts, causing him not to focus on his weak walking as much as he should've. "I'm not that helpless." He near wheezed, feeling a bit pathetic as she placed her hand on his arm, gently holding onto him - wait, she was doing what? "Erm - Eggs and Bacon, and toast - if you can. The fat and protein would be good - to help - me - ..." As he tried to ramble on his explanation for the oh-so original breakfast meal, his good leg gave out, and he found himself dropping one crutch and clinging on to Kimply with his freed arm to keep himself from falling over.

"I'm - I'm sorry, I -" He breathed on her shoulder, before giving a quick glance at the cough, only a foot or two away. Hopefully with her help, he resigned and carefully fell back on the sofa with a deep sigh, covering his face with one hand. "I'll wait here, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow at his response, and how he could barely get it out. She didn't say anything, knowing that no one wanted to be reminded how weak they were. She couldn't help looking down at her now nearly nonexistent scars at that thought, her own weakness hitting her hard. She forced the thought out with his voice, listening intently to his order.

Whenever he put all his weight on her, she let out an embarrassing yelp, almost losing her balance before she got it together and held them both up. Two years of archery and not being completely shit in PE made her capable of holding a rather underweight teenage boy, thankful. She hoped her blush wasn't too evident in the dark room. "Hey, don't be. It can't be helped." She helped him over to the couch, before straightening up and looking at him with a concerned expression. "Right." She cleared her throat and started backing up towards the door. "I'll go get that ready. If you need anything just let me know, I won't be too far." She finally left the room and made her way into the kitchen and living room.

She opened the fridge, hoping that they actually had bacon and eggs. Luckily for her, there was a little bit left, and she just decided on not having any. It took her about twenty minutes to throw everything together, but soon enough she strolled back into the room with a plate of breakfast, orange juice in one hand and a piece of toast in her mouth. "Hurr." She spoke through the toast and handed the plate and drink to him before sitting on the bed and crossing her legs, nibbling at the piece of toast. Kimply looked at him almost expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:04 pm

"Yeah..." Ethan muttered, carrying the crutch that he still to the other side of the couch's arm and leaning it up against the wall, feeling a bit down-trodden of being confined to this small room. Glancing around the room, he tried to look for things to fill him in on his situation, and keep him occupied while Kimply went into the kitchen to try and whip them up something to eat. He spotted the remote to the TV, picking it up and decidedly flipping through the channels. There weren't many, a few clear from stations that had to be towns over, but there were several different channels running movies or TV shows - the school's own hosting, he supposed, seeing as they all had the same logo overlaying the bottom corner of the screen.

He'd seen that logo elsewhere too. Glancing around quickly, he spotted on top of the books one that was clad in blue hardcover, the silver sigil of the school covering over it. Reaching over, he pulled it unto his lap and flipped it open. At least he remembered how to read? It was pretty straight forward: a book containing information on the school, the nearby town, it's goals, and it's history. He still seemed to think the entire idea of a place like Beata was strangely impossible, but then why would Kimply say so - and why would this be here? And how'd he heal her wound?

It felt more like five minutes than twenty, while he'd had his gaze glued to the dusty pages. Thankful, he found a piece of paper and stuck it in to save his place, closing the book and grabbing the plate and drink. "Thanks." Ethan muttered, almost shoveling the food in his mouth before his stomach quickly protest. As hungry as he was, he had to eat in slow, small bites. He sighed, supposing a little chat wouldn't hurt between bites. "It's good." He said, offering her a small smile, taking another bite before speaking again. "So, what can you do?"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 am

Finishing her toast and swallowing, Kimply looked over at the book he was reading. She smiled lightly as she saw what it was. "Oh good, something to do my job for me." She joked, wondering what exactly he had read in that book. She had one of her own, as did everyone at the school. The gave them to newbies so they could figure the place out themselves, but it was rarely that anyone would read it. (Unless perhaps those in the Winter dorms. She hadn't read hers, but knew plenty of people who had in her home season.) Nonetheless, it wasn't much of a surprise that Ethan read it.

At his compliments to the chef, she practically beamed, her smile was so bright. "Why thank you, I try." It wasn't often she got to cook for people, and even less often that she got complimented on it. At his question she paused and considered how she could explain it. "I'm really good at tracking things. Like, you could show me a picture of someone and I'd give you the general idea of where they are in the world. If it's someone I'm close to, I can be really exact. And if I try hard enough, anyone close to me I can figure out where they are. Like there's a constant map of the world in my head, I guess. Also," One moment she was sitting on the bed, and the next she was right beside him on the couch, still criss crossed, but now facing him, a grin on her face. "I can do that." She could feel the familiar headache forming from it, but she didn't mind the pain. Showing off a little was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:50 am

Ethan set his half-eaten plate on a small table side the couch, taking a sip of the drink and putting that back as well. Even though the amount of food itself wasn't all that big, he was already beyond stuff. (His mind quickly puzzled together that it had to been the months of sleeping that was to blame, his stomach shrinking from lack of real food in the process. Eating solid food at all was probably pushing it some.) He took a glance at Kimply and again around the room. Outside of it as well: the signs, the posters, the numbers on the doors, even the colors of the walls. Curious, he pulled the book back unto his lap, opening to the page he'd left off at. "The House of Winter," he read aloud, "They rely on strategy and trust reason... They are strong-willed, intelligent, and ambitious." The young man glanced at her direction. It also said that they weren't as prone to emotions. He remembered the tearful girl who had ran in when he'd awoke, showing him the scars on her wrist; how apparently, he used to help her with her work. That didn't seem quite right, to him.

He didn't bother to say any of that, though. She might take it the wrong way. "So, I'm a nerd, then?" Ethan asked, half-joking. With quiet interest, he listened in on her explanation, growing more and more interested as she went on. By the time she had warped to his side, his eyes were wide. "That's amazing, Kimberly!" He said, with goofy grin, running a hand through his hair. And suddenly, it made sense to him while she was in Winter. "Do you realize how useful that is? Being able to always know where you are, finding anyone in the world like that? And flash wherever you pleased? All the work you could do - and the information you could gather, that's insane -" A gift like that would change lives, could decide the fate of entire wars, and practically rendered generations of the art of spying as completely useless. He seemed mind-blown by it. He's fanboying.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Kimply raised an eyebrow as he looked over at her. "Sound like someone you know?" She was referring to him, as she didn't see herself a model for very Winterish characteristics. Perhaps when she first got there, and she was so determined to work on her power. In fact, her power was pretty sweet now that she had spent so much time dedicated to it. Not that she cared anymore, but still. Teleportation wasn't absolutely terrible.

And apparently, Ethan thought so as well. Kimply practically mirrored his goofy grin, though her's was smaller, and it was laced with both admiration for him in his childlike excitement, and a bit of pride in herself. Both for being what he was expressive about and also for getting him so happy in the first place. She missed him like this. Everyone seemed so much more beautiful when they were talking about something they loved. No, she wasn't going to fool herself into thinking he loved her. She knew better. What he loved was knowledge, and taking care of people, and changing the world. She saw that in how he lit up. He was no different now than before, really.

She blushed and looked at her hands that she was wringing in her lap. "I never really thought of it like that, I guess. Just something I was born with." She shrugged, and held herself back from saying anything bad about her power. More for his sake than her's, as he seemed to appreciate it more. Quick to turn the subject off of herself, she lightly hit him in the arm. "I, personally, would prefer healing people. Because come on, you can save lives. You've done it bef-" Perhaps it was best if she didn't bring up how he got into a coma in the first place. However, this only occurred to her after her word vomit. Shit. She casually looked down at her hair and started braiding it, a habit she had when she was nervous.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

How could she not think of it like that? It was completely perfect, and to be honest, he might've been a little jealous. As far as he knew, he could only heal little cuts and scars before passing out for days. He supposed there was nothing to be done about that though than simply appreciate what she was capable up. "I'm willing to trade if you are," Ethan joked, before pausing to seriously consider that. Not if he wanted too, but if "switching gifts" or something along the lines of that was actually possible.

He was so seemingly lost in thought, he'd honestly almost missed Kimberly's little speech fail. Tough luck for her. Ethan shot her a curious look, raising an eyebrow. "I have?" He asked, glancing down at his hands, remembering the soft blue light that had appeared from under them. "What happened?" The young man gave her a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Kimply sighed. She had honestly hoped she wouldn't have to be the one to tell him everything that happened in his past, but she'd be a fool to think otherwise. She from what little time he had been awake, she had been by his side. And hell, even when he wasn't awake she was right there. Which when she thought about it, was really quite creepy of her. Perhaps she should stop that.

Rubbing her hands together nervously, she began hesitantly telling him the story. "Our school is a good place. It's a safe haven for us, but even with all the tall gates and the secluded academy in the forest thing we got going on, and the force fields- even then mistakes can be made. And one did. One of our teachers turned out to be a bad guy, and I don't know all the details, but he stabbed our secretary and our Headmaster. You found the Headmaster as he was dying, and you saved him, but you-" She looked over at him, pushing herself to go on. "I found you right after that, and I didn't know what happened. There was so much blood on both of you, and you weren't awake, and I thought- I thought you had to be dead, but you were breathing, and you wouldn't wake up and I was so scared-" Her voice caught, but no, she would not cry again in front of him. Kimply forced a smile. "You saved his life."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.   You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan. Empty

Back to top Go down

You're a healer, Ethan. Also, an orphan.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next