Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Chatbox Placement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haku Takashi

Haku Takashi

Beata Bucks : 10902

Chatbox Placement Empty
PostSubject: Chatbox Placement   Chatbox Placement EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:39 pm

I know I just got here, but from my previous site lives, I noticed that for new people like me, the ChatBox is a LIFE SAVER. With that said, I'm referring to the CB being at the bottom, out in 'no mans land'. I don't know if there is a reason why its there but I feel as if it should be at the top. Like I said, new here and don't know reasoning behind the positioning of it. Just thought I would put my 2 cents in seeing as there wasa place to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12382

Chatbox Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Placement   Chatbox Placement EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:03 am

Well, I think the first thing to mention would be that this chatbox isn't terribly active. The vast majority of Beata's members come from a Warriors RP called WCC, which also has a chatbox (also at the bottom), and most of Beata's staff chat regularly on a Skype group, so this box tends to get neglected.

Other than that, there isn't really much reasoning behind it being at the bottom. Personally, I think it looks better there as opposed to being on top of the boards, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10303

Chatbox Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Placement   Chatbox Placement EmptyMon May 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Plus, say if a newb joins, whatever they see first is going to spark their curiosity first, right? The rules are right under the navigation bar(and maybe an ad since they tend to be there) so that may have a small, tiny impact on the newbies and cause them to click there first, if not by common sense that they need to read the rules(I know on WCC, several newbs just ignore the rules because they're 2 cul 4 skool but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying). If the chatbox is there they might hop on there and expect a bunch of people to be there to help them with stuff they'd already know about if they clicked the rules first. The chatbox would immediately distract them from posting or looking anywhere else if they saw it right as soon as they logged in.

Though, to counter my own explanation, they could have also probably just looked at stuff before registering to see if they actually wanted to join or not...Seems like a more "normal" thing to do. Eh, I don't know. Ignore the rambling Stormi over here :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chatbox Placement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox Placement   Chatbox Placement Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Placement
Page 1 of 1