Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8750

Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:09 pm

The train ride to Beata was one of the worst train rides that Ru had ever taken. She had dreamt up many items in the middle of public areas, but she had never dreamt up a living thing. And why did this living thing have to be a spider? She still felt the gazes of passengers on the back of her neck as she shrieked at the spider in her hand. She loathed spiders.

Oh well, it was better to put it behind her. The girl walked up to the school, visually impressed but giving no verbal signs of her fascination with the school's architecture. She had already embarrassed herself once, and she didn't need to be talking to herself. These were the people she'd be living around. A black backpack and a single suitcase was what made up the girl's luggage. That, and the brown crocodile-skin violin case she toted in her right hand. Ru hurried through the gate silently, hoping that the students were used to new additions to the populous. She didn't want to draw attention.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11217

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Netro stood silently in front of Beata, leaning against the walls. He wasn't sure why he had picked the entrance to work on is powers, as he just wanted to be alone as he focused on his abilities. He whistled softly as he watched a small illusion of a robin peck the ground at his feet. It looked rather real, but he could slightly see the ground through it. However, it was more real than most of his illusions looked, so he was proud of himself as it was a sign he was getting better, even thought the illusion itself was small.

His attention was brought away from his small illusion when he heard the faint sound of footstep, and he looked up to see a girl hurrying in from the gates. He blinked in surprise, shifting slightly as his illusion disappeared as he leaned away from the wall. A new student, huh? He paused, trying to decide if he really wanted to go speak with her but strolled over after a few moments. "Hello," he said softly as he reached her, a small smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:26 pm

"Oh, um, hi." came the response from Ru. Were all students this forward to greet newcomers? The girl did not remember seeing him before he came up, so the approach startled her. "Do you know where the initiate dormitories are? I'm new here." was the next thing she said, and the inquiring came out as awkwardly as the situation was. This boy seemed young, as even she towered over him. She felt silly asking him for directions, he was probably the child of someone on the staff...
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:49 pm

"Yea, follow me," Netro said simply as he turned and headed toward the main building. He ended up shifting slightly as he walked, turning his head to glance at her slightly. "So," he started, trying to figure what to say. He could ask about what her gift was, but he wasn't even sure if she would want to talk about it. So, he went with plan B. "What is your name? I'm Netro.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:28 pm

"Ru." said she, following the boy through the courtyard. "Wow, what a beautiful place."
It was. The gardens were kept well, and the building looked even more spectacular up close. She could get used playing in this place. It reminded her of the concert halls she visited when she spent the summer in Ukraine. There was a rustic feeling in them, but as she entered the building she found it renovated and new.

Netro. Netro was a weird name. Then again, he was a weird little guy. He seemingly appeared out of nowhere to be a tour guide. Should she have been concerned? Was that how it worked around here?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Ru? What a pretty name, Netro couldn't help but notice as he walked. His gaze flickered around as they entered the building. Yeah, he supposed it was a beautiful place. Being a member of the upper-class, he had always been surrounded by 'beautiful' things. People, painting, buildings...But never had he really been surrounded by the natural beauty the Courtyard held, and so he had failed to take notice of it all that much, and now was gently scolding himself for not noticing it. "Indeed it is, Miss Ru," he finally said, using the manners he had learned from his mother without even thinking. "A beauty that only grows on you as you stay here."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Miss? Well, that only fueled Ru's suspicions of the boy's youth. Ru nodded, bringing up the strap of her bookbag that had been riding down her arm. "Then I guess I'll stay around long enough to test that theory." she said with a polite smile, birthed from the manners she had learned from her mother.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:06 am

"I hope so, it would be a shame if anybody left so soon after joining," Netro said with a soft hum as he strolled toward the initiate dormitories. As he walked, he let his gaze flicker toward Ru for a few seconds. "If you don't mind me asking, Miss Ru, what is your power? Of course, I am fine with you not wish to speak about it just yet; you have only just arrived and we have only just met.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 8:22 am

As Netro asked her, Ru did debate with herself for a moment or two whether or not to tell him. It had been giving her troubles lately, and she did not want to think of it so long as it was not time for bed. However, she realized that would be a bit rude, to deny him like that, for he had been so nice to her thus far.
"No no, that is what this school is for. I can tell you." stated Ru, though she did not look in his direction as she explained it. "I dream. I dream every night. When I dream, things from my dreams appear on my nightstand. That's about it."
The lucidity and the frequent severe nightmares were their own story, ones that the girl wished not to disclose. She had enough dead roses piled up in her old room's closet, and she expected she would have to make room for some in her future dormitories.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Huh. Netro blinked as he listened to her power. What a strange gift, but yet it seemed to fit her in a way that Netro had no idea how to describe. "I see," he said in with a soft hum, but his tone was soft and warm. "Of course, now that you have been so kind to share with me, I suppose it is my turn it is not? My gift is that I can create illusions. If you can think of something, I can most likely create it. Of course, I am still learning and big illusions are far beyond my grasp...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Illusions, eh? Ru began to put two and two together, and went for a guess. "Oh, is that why you appeared out of no where when you confronted me?" she asked. Of course, a logical answer to this mystery of hers would be that she was just not paying attention. She daydreamed too...
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Netro blinked as he stared at her. "Hm? Ah, no...I had been in the front of the school to work on my power, but I never hide myself from view. Of course, I am not surprised I might of escaped your attention when you first arrive, I am sure the school itself took up most of your attention until I had reached you and spoken.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:05 pm

"Oh." murmured Ru, a blush forming across her face. Well that guess was embarrassing. Her second guess was correct, but the thought had entered her mind moments after she had spoken. Where were these initiate dorms? She felt like she was taking up the boy's time with her awkward babble.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Netro paused as he saw how embarrassed she looked, frowning slightly. He hadn't meant to make her feel that way, so he let his mind wander on something he could do. However, he saw the initiate dorms coming up, and he paused as he glanced at her. "Over there is the initiate dorms," he said as he pointed toward them, before bowing slightly toward Ru. "It was wonderful to meet you, Miss Ru.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Ru watched him bow and returned the gesture, feeling like a Japanese person as she did so. As she bowed, she brought her hands to each other in front of her, causing her violin case and her suitcase to make a loud clack! Ignoring this sound, she smiled. "It was wonderful to meet you to." said she. "I'll see you around sometime."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)   Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiders, Trains, and a Violin (Open)
Page 1 of 1