Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Exclusive Club Thing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oven

Oven

Beata Bucks : 11126

Exclusive Club Thing Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:18 pm

First, I'd like to say I have no idea what to name it. I just put what Ebs called it.

Second, I totally won't be offended if you don't like it.

Alright, the idea!
So basically, Beata Academy would have a special perk thing. Every month you would have to pay again (like a membership fee), and you'd have to do that before you knew what the perk is.

Some Perk Ideas
-Allowed an extra character
-Allowed an extra pet
-Given free Beata Bucks
-Given a chance to play games to earn Beata Bucks
-A special title of their choice
-Increased Beata Bucks in missions
-A ____% off in the Store

I was thinking the membership fee would be like 900 Beata Bucks, or something like that. That way, it is only for top posters who keep the forum active and lively, and not newbs (like me) c:

~This idea was baked with love from Oven~
BTW this should be called the Oven Club *shot*
Back to top Go down
May

May

Beata Bucks : 11722

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 pm

*stamps the "May's Seal of Approval" on suggestion*
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8666

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:27 am

Oven wrote:
-Given free Beata Bucks

Oven wrote:
I was thinking the membership fee would be like 900 Beata Bucks

wut
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12295

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:56 am

The thing is, we essentially offer most of this at the Store already, and at a much cheaper price.

The price for this exclusive club is really steep, and I don't think anybody would be able to afford more than a month or two of it. For example, I have been here since the site opened, am one of the most active posters, and have never spent a Beata buck on anything... but I would only be able to afford two months before all my accumulated money ran out, and I have no use for anything the Club would offer me. I think the same would be for most people.

Let's break down all of these perks:

1. An extra character.

You are allowed to have five characters total, two of them for free, and you can get a slot in the Store for $100-$400, which is a lot less than the monthly fee for the club. It doesn't seem worth it. Who really wants six characters? Who would be willing to fork up impossible amounts of money each month to keep up with all of them?

2. Allowed an extra pet.

You are already allowed to have six pets. Unless you want to start your own personal petting zoo, there is absolutely no need for seven. I don't know anybody in this entire site's history that has had more than one or two. All this besides, pets in the Store are dirt cheap. If I've already got six, I don't think one extra pet is going to be such a deal breaker that I'd be willing to give up $900 a month.

3. Free Beata Bucks.

This doesn't really make sense. It costs money to get into this club in the first place, and if you're just giving me less than $900 a month, it's not really going to help much when I inevitably run out. If you're giving me over $900, then I get the (mostly useless) membership for perpetuity and it defeats the purpose of a monthly fee.

4. Games for Beata Bucks.

This is what missions are for. Besides all that, Beata bucks (if you haven't noticed from all of my previous points) really don't have much of a use. The Store offers characters, pets, and titles, and all of these things you can get for less than the monthly fee for this club. There is no point to this. It doesn't matter even if you lower the price to get in, because the prices to the Store will remain similar and thus make the club worthless.

5. Special Title.

Special titles are already offered at $300, and it's a one-time-buy thing. Refer to above point.

6. Increased Beata Bucks in missions.

To spend on what? Things you could already get at the Store for a reasonable price?

7. Store Discount

Except you're already giving away all your money to the club, so a discount's going to be a pretty useless consolation prize.

So no. I think the club would be useless. The only way to make it work would be to rise prices in the Store so high that they're not accessible to the regular member, which would be incredibly backwards and unfair.

Last edited by Sleepy on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11188

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Well, I have to agree with Sleepy on this. It's a really cute idea and all, but personally I think that it doesn't work out with what we already have going for the site. There is not much to say that doesn't really repeat what Sleepy said, but I will add that the store was created for fun and not for a way to try and surpass people by being in a special club. The perks aren't really reasonable (for reasons Sleepy has already stated) and the price is way too steep. I'm going to have to give this a no.
Back to top Go down
Oven

Oven

Beata Bucks : 11126

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Looking back on this now, I agree with both of you guys~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Club Thing   Exclusive Club Thing Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Club Thing
Page 1 of 1