Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Winter Formal

Go down 
+14
Rice_is_Nice
Sovuru
Frosty
Shadow
Kitty
May
Eclipse
Mount
Jackie
Stormi
Ebony
Falcon
Echo
Lilac
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
May

May

Beata Bucks : 11719

The Winter Formal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:47 pm

"Well, thanks, I guess," he replied. He'd never really received many compliments, outside of what little family he did have. "Me neither. I can't dance, really," he sighed, eyeing the many ice sculptures and other ice-related shenanigans around the dance. He could easily pick out his sister in the dress she'd made a long time ago. "Cyth looks to be enjoying things over by the punch bowl with Montare. I heard he's a creep. But Cyth's probably just as weird," he mused, looking closely at Montare, who was drinking a glass of the punch. "I'm not a big fan of punch. You want any?" he asked, mostly just out of courtesy than anything. He didn't really want to interrupt his sister.

"I wouldn't be surprised. There's crazy ass kids at any school, even more likely this school. It's a school for freaks," she sighed, flicking a ice crystal off of her shoulder. "I certainly hope that nobody gets smashed and screws anything up if it is spiked. However, it might just taste weird. You never know, though. And I also don't want to ruin my dress.. and I never thought those words would come out of my mouth," she said quickly, facepalming. She didn't like dresses, never had, never will, but this was a special occasion.

And she did like that certain dress. Mostly because it was hand-made and relatively comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:08 am

The girl soon found him, his arms linked with the same bitch who had spoken up during the assembly. Pretty, I guess. she was forced to admit as she watched them from across the hall, flirting and touching. Jason was in a tux, and Verona was in some sparkly dress that clung snugly to her curves. Just looking at them made her feel sick to her stomach. I could be that pretty, though. Her gown is too flashy. Evelyn turned her attention to the marble floor, suddenly self-conscious and unsure. Her own gown wasn't too drab, was it? I think so, anyways... Besides, he liked me first, so I must be at least as... attractive. Nobody had ever called her cute or hot or pretty before though, and Jace's new pet looked like she heard those kinds of compliments every day. Evelyn gulped down the rest of her drink, trying to drown out the envious feelings. It doesn't even matter. He's a jerk and an idiot. Fuck him. If I wanted anything to do with him I would have let him...

"You really need to wait up. I'm not going to forget about you."

When the girl broke out of her stupor, she realized she'd crumpled up the cup in her hand. Evelyn set it aside and turned back to the snack table. Whatever. At least I'm not the moron with wings.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11185

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

It was simple, Verona loved attention and right now she was especially loving the attention she was getting from Jace. It was the reaction she had been hoping to get out of the boy, but she hadn't imagined the moment leaving her feeling this giddy, after all she was really used to this attention. She had always been the center of attention, but now she felt even more powerful than ever. Here was Jace, one of the biggest flirts in the school and he was ogling over how she looked. Just to make sure he saw every angle, the girl gave him a small twirl. She looked wonderful, but the Autumn girl was nervous about this whole thing. Winning this would establish her as the Queen Bee of Beata and that's really all she had in mind. But if she didn't win Verona couldn't even begin to imagine the outcome, she'd be like... a normal person. Even worse though, another girl would be in her rightful spot. The thought disgusted her.
"Wow, you're such a gentleman." Verona said, offering him a mischievous grin. But it quickly turned into an eyebrow raise as he brushed a hair out of her face. Needless to say Verona definitely wasn't expecting the gesture, but she made sure she didn't look too surprised. She didn't want to give Jace the satisfaction of thinking he had gotten her by surprise. "Well, I always strive for perfection." Verona said graciously, running her hands down her dress to flatten out any bumps in the formfitting gown. But she moved her arm to rest gracefully in Jace's grasp as they made their way into the Grand Hall. "Now tell me blondie, this isn't too bad is it?" Looking around the room, Verona couldn't see a reason why the Autumn boy would disagree. The place was stunning and sparkled just as much as her dress, an accomplishment Verona though gained her respect. She didn't notice the conversation being exchanged between her date and his brother, but instead felt as though someone was glaring at her. She looked around a little bit, but when she didn't spot the person Verona decided it was probably nothing and looked back at Jason. "You know, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't get at least this one dance with you," Verona told him, looking at him with a sly smile. "And I really do love this song."

Noa quickly spotted Jace with that tall pretty girl and was going to ask him if he had seen Jayden, but he was all over his date and Noa didn't want to interrupt anything. Much less risk being judged by the scary girl, so she was on her own, scoping over the place to find her friend. That's when she spotted him with his bass guitar, but this had a negative affect on the girl, who suddenly felt her legs become jelly. He had actually dressed up for her and Noa suddenly felt extremely nervous. What if he thought she looked silly or ugly? Or what if he had forgotten he had asked her and had another date? She couldn't even imagine. Then suddenly the two made eye contact and Noa flushed a bright red. What was he thinking? Noa was new to this feeling and honestly couldn't tell, hopefully it was all good things.
Making her way over to him Noa flashed him a really shy smile, and then looked down at her dress. "Hi," She said really quietly, wondering if she should hug him or just kind of stand there looking at him. This whole situation was a lot more awkward than Noa had realized it would be, but now that she knew where he was she could relax a little bit. "You.. look.. really... good..." The girl said as she signed to him at the same time, she was getting better and it was evident that she had been practicing since their meeting in the conservatory. Her legs were still unstable and despite only wearing small kitten heels, she couldn't help but sway slightly.

Eloise ran a finger over the top of her drink, slightly wishing she had picked an alcohol that didn't have such a distinct flavor. People seemed to have a strange look on their faces after taking a few gulps of the punch, but really she didn't care. The fact that she had actually gotten away with successfully spiking the punch was enough in itself. But it still frustrated her that people were dismissing the punch. I mean come on, here was alcohol sitting right in front of all of these people who would've had trouble getting their hands on the alcohol anyway. With a roll of her eye she turned her attention back to the boy who she had spoken to. He looked surprised that she was actually talking to him, and Eloise scrunched up her face at him. What? Just because she wasn't one of those little preppy girls didn't mean she couldn't try to converse with him.
"I mean, you're this pretty boy whose sitting alone." Eloise said to him matter-of-factly,taking another large gulp from the plastic cup. "I mean shouldn't you be trying to schmooze over some blonde bimbo?" She stared at him blankly, and pushed back a wisp of colorful hair behind her ear.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Beata Bucks : 11297

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Echo wrote:
Looking up, she realized Jackie was there, just eating the many snacks available and just... staring off into space. Should she interrupt her? It was awfully impolite to do so when someone is in thought, but, eating everything available and not having anyone else get a chance to is also not quite polite. Putting the pencil gently on her lips, Aethra flapped the angelic wings on her head before letting out a sigh, walking over and apologizing to anyone she had bumped into. Moreover, she gave a quick greeting to Montare before tapping the red-eyed girl on the shoulder with her pencil.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself over here Jackie," her never-changing voice said from behind. It could be freaky if it wasn't expected, though by now, the other girl would at least realize if anyone was to sneak up behind her, it's Aethra. Who else would do something like that in a generally polite way?

The sudden voice greatly startled Jackie, making her choke on the cracker she'd been nibbling on. Jackie frantically searched for something. anything, to drink. She caught sight of the punch bowl...

After downing three or four cups of the odd tasting liquid, Jackie smoothed out her dress and turned to give a lazy glare to Aertha. Her throat was burning and it was pretty irritating. What was with that punch? "A-Aertha. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to kill me..." She cleared her throat. Honestly... Why the hell did you throat burn so? "What are you doing here? Don't tell me you have a date because I wouldn't believe that."

ooc; i am so srry i have no muse and asoijfsa;
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10530

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:36 pm

After Aiko got off, Lamia took up her offer, dusting off her dress gently with quick light sweeps of her hand. Looking up at the clock in the exquisitely designed hall, her eyes widened in slight surprise that they were going to miss the time to perform. Glancing nervously, she honestly didn't know any of the other band members, so the only thing left to do was to go ahead and say it on stage. Giving a nod of acknowledgement to the Summer, the time thief quietly went back behind stage and grabbed the microphone, pulling at the curtains covering the stage, revealing the already checked instruments and readied instruments. As nervous as she was, trembling in front of the stage, tears slowly forming from her stage fright, the Winter quietly said, while her voice faltered, it was clear enough to tell what she was saying, "U-uhm... U-u...uhh.... C-can all the b-band m-members... g-get up o-on stage f-for... the... per-per...performance....!" Letting out a sigh of relief the moment she got it out, waiting for the other students to come on.

As soon as they came up and readied themselves to play and the signal was given, the first song began. After a few seconds, Lamia herself started singing, showing much more confidence then when she asked the band to come up. It was strange honestly, she could have no problem singing in front of crowd, but saying a speech, it was a completely different scenario apparently. Even a sentence or two counted as a speech. Her voice gave a nostalgic feeling with a soft touch as she sang, the emotions expressed through her tone. Pausing whenever she was to finish for the bass to take on the male part of the song and then rejoining whenever she had to continue or sing within a duet. Luckily, they finished after three minutes and a half before getting ready to prepare for their next song.

After a minute or so, they began the next song. It was more upbeat, ready, and likely to get the crowd going. Thank goodness, this dance was looking like a dead zombie fest. While she wasn't exactly as connected to this song, imitating the emotions to make them sound so real was just an instinct for her. It was what made her voice different from others after all. Since this one was faster and more energetic, she had to keep up with the beat. Every now and then, swaying a bit, but not that often. Her movements were very little, but they weren't really noticed for the only thing that was concentrated on was the quality of the song performance if anything.

Finally, they finished. Taking a quick bow, Lamia beckoned them to get off the stage, because what was next was obviously something more important than their performance now. They did have one more song, but that was for some other time - which was a little later. Though whether or not they will completely be able to perform it perfectly was another case. She did think that the band was actually well coordinated with each other, though, what did others think?

Aethra, stuck her tongue out before replying, "Is that what you think of what I'm doing? I would never dare to kill." That was the truth to be honest, she couldn't kill - it was completely against her polite nature. She always tried to see the good in others, no matter how bad, but, it could be a little tempting to take advantage of her for something like that. Looking back to Jackie, she simply stated, "Everyone else was going, so I decided to tag along. You don't have a date either, correct?" That was going to strike right in the core. So blunt. Smiling as the songs played, they were just perfect for the dance. Soon enough, the mirage inducer grabbed Jackie and pushed her to the dance floor with a look that said something along the lines that she needed to loosen up and not get so irritated all of a sudden.

OOC;; The first song - All About Us and the second Forever and Always. Courtesy to Frosty for choosing them~
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Beata Bucks : 10827

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Montare chuckled at Cyth's comment. "Not much of a dress person? he joked. He looked at her a moment before looking over at the stage from hearing the mic. Montare turned back to Cyth afterwards, the band starting. As music filled the Grand Hall, he smiled at Cyth. "Want to dance, Wright?" he asked, waiting for a response. He assumed it would be a yes, given how this was a dance after all. Montare's only concern is that some old awkwardness would shine through, and this would go poorly from some half-arsed dancing.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 9974

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:52 pm

The brunette looked up and behind her to see a rather tall student greeting her. If she was correct, he could be another foot taller than herself. Giving a polite smile, she shook his hand strongly. The other student, feeling dwarfed, introduced herself. "Nice to meet you. I'm Laurel." The blue-eyed girl had a tinge of a New Orleans accent. This seemed to make her feel slightly; oh how would you say it, friendlier?

Her attention was caught for a while on the band. Laurel would have joined, except for the fact that she couldn't play a single instrument. It surprised the Spring to see a girl singing so confidently; yet stammer during speech. Glancing from the corner of her eye at Nuben, she hoped to get to know him better. Though this might serve as a challenge: the last time she had talked to someone, a certain pet lost his dignity. Actually, challenge accepted.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11593

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Richard just simply stood in the doorway to Brailynn's dorm, almost instantly giving her a confused look as she opened the door with a red face. "Hey, uh, are you okay?" he asked, actually pretty concerned. He had completely missed over her cursing at herself as she stumbled to the door while he was lost in his own thoughts, so he really had no idea as to why she would seem to be so embarrassed. But, it only took a second for his focus to move from her rather pink face down to the dress she was wearing and oh man, did she look amazing. He was actually speechless for a moment. The dress definitely did her justice, and those heels? Of course, this just made him turn just slightly awkward... "Oh wow... You look absolutely stunning!" he told her after finally breaking himself out of his small daze. This was definitely a good idea.

After Penny was finally able to get out of her own little thoughts about all of the decorations, she quickly looked around for any familiar face. So far, she hadn't been so lucky, but quickly her eyes found Emelia in that dazzling green dress, and did she look gorgeous. She definitely stood out, and she worked every second of it. As a quick smile grew on her face, Penny quickly ran over from where she was to meet her friend. They hadn't been seeing each other too long, but it was the only person she really knew around here. "Hey!" she called before she met up with Emelia. "Wow you look amazing!" she exclaimed, excitement just building up inside of her. Now that she wasn't alone, Penny was ready for this dance. As long as she had someone that would back her up with whatever she decided to do. Yeah. BAM.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Evelyn looked up as the band finally began to play. Ugh. Gross. The song was hopelessly romantic and sappy. Maybe it just wasn't her taste, but just listening to it made her want to throw up a little. She grabbed at another cup and quickly filled it up, wishing it was the beer she had bought from John. Unfortunately she'd finished off the rest of the case after the... incident that Evelyn dared not think about. Her stomach and head hadn't thanked her for it the next morning. It turned out that drinking that much alcohol your first time was not a very good idea. The girl drank deep, trying to pay more attention to the band members than the song.

The lead vocalist had an eye-patch that Evelyn couldn't help but wonder about. Was she half-blind or something? She looked new to the school; Evelyn was sure that she would have noticed somebody like that. The rest of the band were unremarkable, mostly girls. Well, of course. Somehow, she couldn't imagine many guys being too willing to strum along to He Is We. What a shock.

Thankfully, the song soon ended and the band quickly transitioned into something a bit faster. Evelyn couldn't help but smirk when it turned out to be a song about heartbreak. Perfect choice, guys. Bravo. she wanted to say, taking a sip. A toast to all these couples here tonight. They should last a good three weeks. It was stupid and made her question eye-patch girl's judgement, but it reflected her mood perfectly. It was as if she was the only one standing under a raincloud.

This snow might as well be rain. She looked up, blinking as a flake gently floated down to melt on her nose. It was probably the work of the history teacher, Professor Millar. It was a surprise that she had even agreed to lend her powers over; most thought of her as a stickler, much too strict and moral. To Evelyn, a no-nonsense Christian professor was refreshing, and her muffins were fantastic. The snow will melt in everyone's hair, though. Won't that be a sight to see in an hour or two? Maybe that had been the Professor's motivation all along, to ruin all the girl's carefully done hair-dos to keep them from doing anything... Prohibited.

"And you flashback to when he said forever and always..."

Evelyn drank deeper, feeling a flush come to her face. Jackass. He'd forgotten her name and probably everything else, but even then, she hadn't told him much about her to begin with. The girl set the cup down and tried to enjoy the out of place lyrics and eye-patch girl's singing while she could. Her voice is nice enough, at least. Maybe she'd get a treat in the form of more random break-up songs. That might be enough to make her night, especially if the rest of the dancers had begun to catch on.

Her thoughts wandered, and she was brought back to the memory of the pseudo-date that her former dormmate had brought her on. Could she consider it a date? It seemed more like just going out to eat with a random guy on a whim. The boy himself seemed nice and chivalrous enough as well. What was his name again? Ollie? Oliver? Something stupid like that. An awkward kid that seemed to have just disappeared in the middle of the year, but she still wondered about him from time to time. They'd had some things in common. Maybe if he'd stuck around, she'd be going to the dance with a date and be among all the dancing, giddy idiots instead of being one of the handful of lonely bastards hovering around the snack table. Evelyn drank the suspicious tasting punch again and scanned the room for stupid acts―dirty dancing, kissing, people tripping over their own feet―when she froze on one couple in particular.

Montare. With a girl.

Gross... she couldn't help but think, looking them over with an expression of disgust. Of course. Even he had a fucking date. The school's infamous stalker creep had brought a date to the Winter Formal, while she was there sitting downing cups of punch. The sight made her want to throw up. Maybe his date was the school bicycle or his cousin or something, but even bicycles must have some kind of standards.

"Back up, baby back up, did you forget everything?"

Evelyn drank again, not pulling away until the cup had been drained, before crushing it in her hands and tossing it aside with the other one. Even my trash has a date. Fuck this. Fuck everything. Fuck cups. Her head was swimming, her stomach was roiling, her world was spinning. She started forward, eying the heavy double doors on the other side of the hall, just across the dance floor, only to stagger and lose her balance.

She was falling. Damn it.

Evelyn twisted as she fell, landing on her elbow. Pain shot up her arm and she instinctively cried out in pain. Great. she thought to herself, wincing as she managed to get on her hands and knees. The room whirled around her and she felt sick, like she was about to vomit. She didn't try to stand in fear of just falling over again. When did you become a klutz? Couldn't you have fallen in a place where there isn't a hundred people? Her whole arm throbbed with pain, her elbow especially. Most of all, her face was burning and beet red in embarrassment. Please let no one have noticed... However, perception bending was a fickle mistress, screwing her over at the worst times and failing her when she needed to go unnoticed the most. Everyone noticed, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Sovuru

Sovuru

Beata Bucks : 11511

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:21 pm

"Pleased to meet you to." He says, looking about himself "so does the school throw these parties often? I'm rather new so I don't really know anything." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly "I actually haven't even been sorted yet." Nebun says with a slight laugh she IS pretty. he finds himself thinking, now that he had gotten a good look at her face. He blushes slightly, not knowing what to do now. He grabs another piece of meat and ears that to calm himself down, nearly chocking on it in the process Cooked!? Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9538

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 pm

From up close, Alicia could hear him stifle his laughter, which made her blush a little more on the red side. She was acting pretty strange, she told herself, and she knew it - he knew it. The young woman bit her lip. She hadn't had any interest at all in dating or guys, certainly not since that whole wolf incident, then this really nice guy comes along and she wasn't being near as graceful as she was trying to be. Maybe she just wasn't  meant for love, and all that?

Honestly, there were snowflakes falling from the ceiling - the young woman honestly couldn't fathom how it could get so warm in here so quickly; how could simple compliments be so effective? "Thank you, Jacob." The Summer smiled softly, shying aaway and looking in the other direction. She wasn't the only one dressed up finely, she noticed. Although he didn't look entirely used to wearing a tuxedo, it fit him nicely and gave him a slightly different air than when they had first met. All-in-all, in the cool winter light, he looked completely handsome and Alicia couldn't find the strength to look at him for too long without her knees going a bit weak. "I am? I'm sorry, I mean - I'm not sorry... You are too..." She bit her lip to try and keep herself from rambling on. In an effort to try and calm herself down, the young woman closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, gently folding her hands together in front of her. Eyes shining, she only glanced back up at Jacob when he spoke again, following his eyes to the refreshments table - and suddenly feeling a little sick when she saw who was standing over there. "P-please, that sounds wonderful." She said, trying to hide her sudden distress. The girl forced herself to look away from the punch table and gently took his hand. There was a slight warmth to his touch that both excited and comforted her, but she couldn't think much of it.

There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that there was reasons to every single move she made. It was something he had to remind himself as she did a little twirl on her toes, letting her body twirl elegantly and showing off her body. He couldn't keep the small smile of off his face, but Jason refused to give away any more than that. The Autumn was determined to not be another toy of hers, though it was admittedly getting harder and harder to do by every passing second that went by.
Although she didn't give away too much emotion was he brushed her face, the small amount she did he felt was genuine. Jace couldn't be sure, but he felt a bit victorious anyways. "Clearly, you'll accept nothing less." He mused on her little comment about perfection,  "I guess that's why you came with me." Jokingly, the blonde threw a wink her way, his mischievous smile mirroring her own.
Jace gave the entire room a curious look around. Standing in the middle of one of the most amazing events of the year next to one of the most beautiful girls in the school? "I suppose not." He answered simply with a smirk in-between the little exchange with Jayden. A bit surprised, he glanced back down at Verona. A dance so soon? They had all night to do that, dear. Perhaps it was the look on her face that left him unsettled. "I couldn't agree more." He lied anyways, guiding her to the dance floor. With ease, Jason faced his date and pulled her close, a glint in his golden eyes.

Preston didn't suppose there was an alcohol smooth enough in existence, at least not in the area anyways, that could make a good mix into the punch bowl. Even if so, as so as the drinks hit the stomach, it was a dead give away to those who knew better. He just made it a mental note for himself to get the punch from the bottom of the bowl from now on. That would where all the hard liquor would settle. Pres laughed a little, "I would, but unfortunately, all the bimbos I see around here seem to be occupied." He sighed melodramatically, taking another drink and finishing off his cup. "I don't imagine you're here with anyone, are you? If so..." He glanced down again, appreciating the body of the young woman in front of him before looking back at her face - raising an eyebrow, a mischievous smile on his face.

The Spring rubbed her arm a bit awkwardly, "Yeah -" She started, glancing down at her dress. She felt a bit of twinge of disappointment when she saw there was a small tear in the fabric, thanks to her heel and her clumsiness, though it was hardly noticeable. "I'm fine. I'm just not used to these heels." She said lightly, like it were an unfunny joke, she smile and shrugged it off anyways. "If I trip, it's your job to catch me." Brailynn brushed a few strands of hair out of her face, feeling her heart pick up the pace through the silence as he looked at her - even more so when he spoke. His compliment left her absolutely gleeful. "Thanks. You don't look too shabby yourself." she grinned, nudging him playfully. The girl held her breath as she brushed past him into the hallway, locking her room behind her. "We should hurry so we're not late, yeah...?" She asked, taking a step down the hall, feeling suddenly energetic.

No matter how unsure of anything he felt while he was with Verona, there was little to no issues he had dancing with her. He was quite into the moment when there was a sharp cry heard from across the room, forcing him to pause and turn his head - seeing a small girl in a bright red dress crumpled to the floor. God, of all nights? He felt a sharp case of secondhand embarrassment for her. "Your gentleman will be right back." Jace said to Vera, giving her a reassuring smile. Somehow, though, he was a bit thankful for the distance. That girl was naturally overwhelming. (It was her gift, he'd heard through rumors.)
Jace stepped away from the dance floor and up to the girl, although he didn't think about it, he was probably drawing in even more attention. Still, the Autumn bent down on his knees and offered her a hand to get back on her feet. "You alright there?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:27 am

"Y-yeah..." she lied through grit teeth. This whole experience had been miserable enough already, and now she'd just embarrassed herself in front of everybody. Just peachy, thanks for asking... Her gift was poisoned. Evelyn wondered briefly if there was some higher power purposefully fucking with her or if it was just a string of bad luck. I don't know what I did to deserve this. She didn't know what else she expected. Of course somebody had to notice. What could go wrong would go wrong. It was as if it was some kind of law when it came to her. Fighting back the tears welling up, she choked down her pain and whatever shred of pride she had left and hesitantly looked up at her rescuer. Hey, maybe she'd get some fairytale twist. It wasn't as if her situation could get much worse from rock bottom.

Oh.

She hadn't recognized the voice at first, but there was Jace, kneeling in front of her. Of course it's him. Who else? The girl wasn't sure if she was supposed to feel angry or thankful, only knowing that she was mostly embarrassed. Gulping, Evelyn looked over his outstretched hand with caution. It's just a hand. Are you scared of a hand? The answer was most assuredly 'yes', but that didn't do much to bolster her courage. Finally summoning up the will, she reached out, hesitated, before finally daintily grasping.

Once on her feet, she turned her attention to the ground. She couldn't bring herself to look up at him. Did you forget me again? the girl wanted to ask, already feeling like she knew the answer, but she would have never worked up the courage. "...T-thank you..." Evelyn mumbled instead, pulling her hand away and rubbing it over her bare arm. Her elbow stung from the fall, and she could feel blood beginning to bead up from her scrape. Battle wounds. Evelyn told herself. It proves I went to the Winter Formal and lived to tell about it. That's one accomplishment, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9171

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Janehad quickly gotten up on stage when they were called. But since she had finished earlier than the others, once done, she used her light manipulation to make her area darker than the others, as well as the others before lighting eveyone back up for the big bow at the end. Afterwards, she just slumped away to the corner where the lonely people went. Yup, she was the lonely guitarist.

------

Luna blushed at Sam's compliment, but giggled at his dislikong towards the suit. "I think you look handsome. Oh, and no thanks. If it is spiked, I don't want to get any on this dress, my mom would kill me for it. But I appreciate your offer, Sam. She said softly before hearing the band, and she keot her gaze away from the stage, as her dislike for those songs showed, but hey. It was about love, right?
Back to top Go down
May

May

Beata Bucks : 11719

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 pm

"Not really," she replied, sighing, readjusting one of the shoulder straps. "At least it's comfortable. Sewing comes in handy when you've got a weird dress size." She twiddled her necklace around a bit-- she hadn't bothered to take it off, even if it wasn't really the most dressy thing, it was still pretty. Pretty much the only jewelry she ever wore anyway. "Sure, why not. Let's make some bastards confused as to why it's us together," she replied, grinning widely. (And not so shiteating-ily.)

Sam tilted his head curiously. "It'd stain the crap out of your dress even if it wasn't spiked-- and guessing by that," he mused without even turning around at the sharp cry that sounded in the direction of the punch bowls, "it is in fact spiked. I hope Cyth didn't drink any, but.. I don't think she likes punch, either way."
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Beata Bucks : 11297

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Echo wrote:
Aethra, stuck her tongue out before replying, "Is that what you think of what I'm doing? I would never dare to kill." That was the truth to be honest, she couldn't kill - it was completely against her polite nature. She always tried to see the good in others, no matter how bad, but, it could be a little tempting to take advantage of her for something like that. Looking back to Jackie, she simply stated, "Everyone else was going, so I decided to tag along. You don't have a date either, correct?" That was going to strike right in the core. So blunt. Smiling as the songs played, they were just perfect for the dance. Soon enough, the mirage inducer grabbed Jackie and pushed her to the dance floor with a look that said something along the lines that she needed to loosen up and not get so irritated all of a sudden.
"I apologize, Aertha. You just startled me is all. Perhaps you should try confronting people from the front..." She rubbed her throat hoping to sooth the burning sensation she had obtained from the bitter-tasting punch. Good golly her throat was on Fire. see what i did there
She opened her mouth to give a witty reply to mirage inducer's biting question only to shut it again as said mirage inducer began dragging her out the dance floor. She was going to refuse to be a part of this dancing tradition but decided this was not going to be an option. Why? Because Aertha was giving her that look. The look that Jackie interpreted as 'loosen up or i'll make you'.

So she did the only thing she knew how to do. Jackie began to Cha-Cha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Winter Formal
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next