Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11565

Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. Empty
PostSubject: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

They had warned her months ago when she got here to be careful with the books. Some of them were dangerous. She didn't exactly understand how a book could be dangerous, but knowing how messed up this school was, she wasn't one to argue with the group of Winters that told her. However, whenever one is bored, they tend to do stupid things. Morgan was no exception to the rule. She had to stay in the library for study hall, but she had already done everything she needed to do.
The redhead had been wandering around the shelves, her fingers gently hitting the spines of the books as she walked by. She did that for a while, until she felt something warm touch her hand. She stopped, the feeling surprising her. Normally, with her higher temperature, nothing seemed warm to her. She slowly ran her fingers back until she found the book in question. Curiosity getting the best of her, she slowly pulled it out and looked at the title. Something in Latin, she thought, but wasn't sure. She thought about putting it back, but decided to take one peek inside. She slowly opened the book, feeling like something was gonna pop out at her. Which, actually, is exactly what happened. Flames jumped out of the pages and Morgan lot out a quick cry, falling back into the shelf behind her. A couple of books fell down around her, and she covered her head. The book she had just opened had landed shut, thankfully, and she just stared at it, her heart racing. If she hadn't been basically fireproof, she probably would have just become a little Morganmellow. Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

Beata Bucks : 12236

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:10 am

Vera didn't like books the way her sister did. Sure, they were nice every now and again, but Vera insisted they were more than just stories and guides and manuals; they were valuable, they were the key to knowledge -- she had to roll her eyes a bit at that. Vera found it much more valuable to study people and how they interacted, their body language -- it was much more insightful than a book could ever hope to be. Real people, flesh and blood. . . that was where real knowledge lay. So while her white-haired twin looked through various titles, she scoped the library out for anything the could talk back to her. And she found it when she heard a squeal and a crash.

Vera was quick -- always had been. She got to the girl who had caused a mess in moments -- sitting in a pile of books was a redhead who looked like she had seen a ghost. Vera eyed her cautiously. "Are you alright?" she asked the girl, approaching her. She hesitantly extended a hand to help her up.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Morgan glanced at the girl as she appeared and made her way over to her. Ignoring the outstretched hand, Morgan dropped her arms to her side and pushed herself up- she knew better than to make contact with the girl. Giving her a tentative smile, she quickly apologized.  "Yeah, I'm fine, I think. Sorry about... that." She said, gesturing towards the mess littered on the ground. "And sorry for the noise. The books here are really weird. That one just caught on fire. I wasn't really expecting it." She explained, looking cautiously at the book previous spoke of, as if it was going to explode again.
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Vera's brow knitted at the girl's refusal to take her hand. That was a little strange, because when she spoke, she didn't seem rude at all. "It's alright," the dark-haired girl said, tilting her head slightly. "It's good you're not hurt." She looked down at the book the girl gestured to. Fire? Really? She wondered -- that was both amazing and kind of scary and all the more reason to get out of the library.

"Fire?" asked another girl, a carbon copy of Vera for all but her hair, who approached the two as silent as a cat. She bent down and examined the book. "That's . . . very interesting. Strange that'd the staff here wouldn't remove this particular selection from the library." She said, looking up at the red-headed girl.

"Do dangerous things like this happen often at this school?" Mera asked. "My sister and I are new here. . . we're not entirely sure how things work. This definitely wasn't on the brochure."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:41 pm

Morgan nodded in agreement. "Well, thankfully I'm basically fireproof. Otherwise, that would've really sucked." She laughed lightly, still a bit shaken up. The fact that another girl walked up who looked exactly like the first was just making her more confused.
"Honestly, I wouldn't know. I'm new here too. From what I've heard, something pretty bad happened a while back. Like, someone got killed, I think. Not completely sure. I can see why, though. This place is weird."
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:24 pm

"Killed?" Mera asked, only partly feigning the horror in her voice. "As in murder?" She looked at Morgan, mouth agape. She rested a hand over her heart as if this were the most shocking thing she had ever heard, completely ignoring the strange, magic book that could have burnt the girl's face off. If she wasn't fireproof, that was. . . whatever that meant.

"What happened to them?" Vera followed up, tilting her head to the side. The girl said that she wasn't really sure, but maybe she knew some details.

The sisters were horrible gossips; they couldn't help but question something as shocking as this -- Mera wanted to know every detail, and though it tugged at her conscience, Vera was equally curious. "This place really is weird," Mera added. The thing was, though, they probably fit in better than they thought.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Morgan nodded, understanding the white haired twin's horror. It was equivalent to her feelings when she had found out about the death of a teacher, and the near death of the Headmaster. And apparently, someone had been stabbed, and someone else was in a coma. Or, so the rumors say. It was a real mess. She looked over at the other sister and shrugged. "Well, I know one person died for sure. And like, three people were really badly injured? They aren't sharing the details; probably don't want to scare us. It's not really helping, in my opinion." She shook her head, reaching down and beginning to clean up the books, trying to put them in the correct spot that she had knocked them out of. Of course, she left the most dangerous one alone for now. "You're telling me..." She mumbled.

ooc;; please don't hurt me bff ilu sorry
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Mera listened intently as she began to help Morgan pick up the books. She shared a brief glance with her twin sister, who looked on as the two cleaned up. Mera, too, skirted away from the dangerous book for now. "Oh, goodness-gracious," she said, her voice equal parts scandal and horror.  "Now that's just terrible." When the twins gossiped (which was often), they always unwittingly began to sound like their mother back in Alabama (and their auntie, and their gram . . . and most of their family and friends) -- if the slight accent wasn't obvious, it came out in full swing when they hooked onto something juicy. And if this wasn't the best gossip they'd heard since they got here . . .

"You'd think the school'd be sharin' the details," Vera said, clicking her tongue. "The students have a right t'uh know."

"My thoughts exactly, Vee," Mera said, shaking her head as if the whole thing were a damn shame. "I mean, three students injured? One dead -- gracious Lord rest their soul. I just don't understand how this sort-ah thing could happen at a school?"

"Well, Mimi, you've gotta' remember what sort of school we're at," Vera reminded her. A school for freaks with weird powers.

"I know, I know, but you'd think it would be the teacher's responsibility to make sure things like that didn't happen," she wedged a book into a bookshelf indiscriminately. "It certainly is a shame." She said, turning back to Morgan once more.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Morgan noticed the appearance of an accent in both of the twins, and she tilted her head slightly in curiosity. "It is a bit scary to be left in the dark..." Morgan agreed tentatively, thought she felt as if she was intruding instead on a conversation solely between the sisters. "But, I'm probably not the best person to go for good gossip. I'm really knew here. And that's not really my thing anyway..." She shook her head slowly, putting the last book on the shelf and standing up.
"Hey, thanks for helping with the books. Sorry I caused this mess in the first place." She said sincerely, standing there for a moment, twisting her hands with uncertainty. What did she say now? Did she just walk off, or try to continue talking to them? Try to make friends? Oh! How rude. She hadn't introduced herself yet. That seemed like a safe path to take, after all. "I'm Morgan, by the way. Morgan Laiten." She didn't extend her hands, instead keeping them loosely in front of her. "I'm guessing y'all are sisters, then? You look just alike."
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Mera looked positively offended at the suggestion that they were gossiping. "Gossip? Why, goodness, no!" She chuckled semi-convincingly. "My sister and I would never stoop to such levels. Now, there really is nothing wrong with a good friendly discussion every now and again . . . " She winked as if there was a difference.

"Not a problem, Miss Morgan," Vera said sweetly. "It was our pleasure to help. We're just glad you weren't harmed by that devil-book."

"And yeah, 'course we're sisters!" Mera added, laughing as if Morgan was the most droll thing she'd ever come across. "What'd you think we were, strangers?" Vera added her laughter to Mera's. "I'm Mera," she said once their laughter came to an end. "And this is my twin sister, Vera. As you can see, I'm the prettier one." She winked.

Vera ignored her. "Very nice to meet you," she said.

"Yes, a pleasure." Mera said. "You're one of this first people to befriend us here, Miss Laiten! Thank you for that much," her tone and expression were genuine -- she really did appreciate it. They hadn't been in the school long, but they had made very few acquaintances, let alone friends. A lot of people in the school seemed a little . . reserved, but they had hardly met everyone.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 10:29 am

Morgan blinked, realizing that yeah, that probably was a stupid question. Although, at this school you never know. Mera and Vera could have been the same person or something, or total strangers that one person morphed into.. Okay, now Morgan was just making things up so she didn't sound stupid.
She nodded her head, shooting dirty looks at the book. "Me too. And please, just Morgan will do."
While she didn't want to take sides on who the pretty one was, she simply laughed a bit and nodded a bit, rubbing her hands together uncertainly. Hopefully they didn't expect to shake her hand. "A please to meet you too. And you two are the first people I've befriended... at all." She said, pausing to think on it. Yeah, Morgan had done her best to keep her distance from people up to this point. "And um, really. Morgan is fine." She said, a bit uncomfortable with the use of Miss before either parts of her name.
She was just Morgan, after all. Nothing special, nothing respectable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.   Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah. Empty

Back to top Go down

Moonfrost- I mean... Morgan... doing stuff. Yeah.
Page 1 of 1