Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]

Go down 
+6
Shadow
grace
Sovuru
Lilac
Sleepy
Ebony
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sovuru

Sovuru

Beata Bucks : 11577

Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Ooc: I'm not sure what just happened when you say she chickened out, so I'm gonna assume he got stabbed in the arm.

Mallach's skin ripples ever so slightly around the blade and the knife bounces right off. "I absorbed the kineti- or uhh, movement, energy, causing the blade to act as though it were traveling extremely slow, so it lacked the force to go through, or even really damage my skin." He smiles, proud of his talent "but I can't hold it very long, so I have to release in a different form." A thin trail of smoke comes from the reddening tips of his fingers" I find that it's easiest to release through thermal energy, so I get pretty hot." He says, joking at the end with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11251

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:13 am

Vera stared at the people around her with a disgusted look, turning around to face them with narrowed eyes. "Excuse me," Verona said shaking her head at them. "You seriously need to like chill out, we're here for an assembly and now isn't the time for you to have this little demonstration on how amazing your gift is or whatever. Like take a chill pill." Then she had to bite her tongue to keep her from saying anything else that would stir up a fight, but jeez some people just had no common sense.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11631

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:08 pm

Kimply, still dressed in the clothes she had been wearing when she came back to Beata just a few hours ago, waited quietly for whatever this was to start. She was thankful that she had returned before it started. She had missed so much already, after all. She didn't need to miss this too. She had been sitting alone on a bench higher up until she noticed Evelyn. She thought about going down there, but figured the girl wanted to be alone. Then Kimply remembered that she didn't want to be alone, so she went down there anyway.

Jayden sat on the ground by the entrance, his arms draped across his knees as he waited for this to start. Frankly, he didn't want to be here, but he was curious about what it was about. Also, Jace had forced him to go. Jerk. He wasn't sure if a mute kid could be more quiet than usual, but if that was possible, Jaii would be a good example. While his brother had been dealing with his father's attack with the need for revenge, Jayden hadn't been dealing with it at all. He had simply tried to block everything out of his mind and deny any help whatsoever. Not like that did anything. Yeah, he felt like shit.

Emelia was the kind of person who completely hated just sitting there in silence. So as soon as she walked in, she looked for someone to sit with that she actually knew. Despite only being there a week or so, she had only managed to make one friend. She finally spotted said friend and made her way over to her. "Mind if I sit here?" She asked Penny, pointing to the set by her.

Morgan was just sitting at a random bench, her chin resting on her hand, a bored expression on her face while she waited for the assembly to start.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Phoenix

Beata Bucks : 11367

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Rex ran in, breathing heavily, before spotting his sister Alex among the crowd. He ran over to her, before plopping down next to her. "What are we doing here?" he whispered to her. "I'm bored like heck! Truthfully, I have WAY better things to do than this ..."
Back to top Go down
http://thebeyond.forumotion.com
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12358

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Evelyn turned as someone took a seat beside her, and blinked in surprise to see Kimply. Where have you been? she wanted to ask. All this time she had been alone, and her friend had just disappeared off the face of the earth. She opened her mouth, tempted to spit out some barbed remark, but a familiar anxiety filled her and she just meekly turned away with a bitter frown. Whatever. Evelyn reassured herself, clenching her hands into fists. Just ignore her and she'll leave you alone...
Back to top Go down
grace

grace

Beata Bucks : 11840

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:05 pm

"Wow, that sounds pretty c...." Saya was interrupted by a girl sitting a few rows in front of them. The girl narrowed her eyes at them and proceeded to snap at them. As soon as the girl finished and turned back around, Saya couldn't help the snort that escaped her mouth. "Wow, someone clearly needs a hug..." she whispered to Mallach but decided to accept her request nonetheless, and let the girl have her peace. She didn't want to get in trouble on her second day, but maybe she could do a prank on the girl, some other time. A small smirk appeared on her face at the sudden, mischievous thoughts forming in her head. Placing her head back on top of her case, she flicked her gaze back at Mallach. "Anyways, I really like your powers. They are pretty impressive and the fact that you are able to controlled them so well, makes a super cool guy on my book." She said in return, with a small wink of her own.
Back to top Go down
Sovuru

Sovuru

Beata Bucks : 11577

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 am

"Well, ummm, yeah, thanks! Mallach says, awkward with his words. He hadn't received very many compliments in his time, so he didn't really know how to react. And what was that other girls problem? "Well, my powers are naturally easy to control, the problem is figuring out the best way to release energy. If I were angry or something, I might end up causing an earthquake, or melting someone instead."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9604

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 1:21 am

Jason walked through the large doors, giving the strange new man a curious look in the eyes before tearing his gaze away and walking dully down the isles, his hands stuffed in his pockets. He quickly pin-pointed a place to sit next to his sibling, having no issue taking a seat and pulling a hand out, ruffling the younger boy's hair with a crooked smile. "Hey, little Brother." He mused, "You seem a bit on the quiet side today." The autumn tried to make a light joke out of it, but there was no hiding the concern in his eyes.

Alicia had actually been there longer than some of the teachers themselves, having sat on one of the benches against the wall, minding her own and scribbling in her little drawing notebook. It was funny, when the gym teacher went to move the bend, she made no sign of moving - he ended up switching it around with her on it, slightly learning to stay balanced. She was in the zone, to say the least.

"Damn, girl." Brailynn walked inside quickly and sat down by Verona the moment she caught sight of her, picking up on her cross mutterings to the people behind her. She raised an eyebrow, looking rather amused. "Its not like there's anything serious going on, yeah? What's got your panties in a bunch?" The girl pulled a few sticks up gum out of the pocket of her jacket, unwrapping one and sticking it in her mouth, offering Vera the other; she looked at the girl expectantly.

The elder man at the door nodded quietly to himself as the last few students took their seats. Not saying a word, he passed each one of them through the middle of the isle, making a gesture with his hand - signaling for them to quiet down. "I'm not a man to get detoured easily, so I'll go straight to the point." He said, his voice echoing throughout the hall. He stopped at the front of the assembly and turned to face them all. "My name is Professor James Wilson. I have been brought here to take over your mathematic lessons as well as be the new head of the Summer house." He paused to let them take the information in, fixing the cuff on his wrist, a habit of his.

"Some of you are new to the school. Some of you have stuck with us for some time now. Many, I'm sure you've noticed, have been pulled out." He said, "Three staff members at this school were attack, including the Headmaster himself, who is still in recovery. Its been question as to whether how much we should tell you, but its come to the decision that we be as candid as possible."

"The former Gift Mastery teacher, we have discovered, was sent to this school with intended purpose of these murders." He narrowed his eyes, knowing full well how this sounded. "We believe he was after something in this area, though we are not certain what. What we do know is that he is not alone." The Professor paused once more, "Rest assured, the possibility of a tragedy such as this happening again is close to none. Still, missions outside campus will be more closely evaluated, and your physical and gift training will become a much higher priority in the upcoming months."

He glanced around at each of the students, studying them closely. "If there are any questions at all, now would be the time to ask them."
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11251

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm

"Hey, watch it!" Verona snapped at her friend playfully, taking the gum and throwing a balled up wrapper at her friend. The girl rolled her eyes and shot a glance at the two people carrying on as if they weren't just told they were wrong. "Sorry, some people think they're still eight years old." The brunette said bitterly loud enough for them to hear, she didn't care if they heard her. She wanted them to here her, maybe then they'd take a hint and stop trying to show off their damn gifts. Shaking her head free from the two people sending her negative vibes, she turned to Brailynn with wide eyes, "Oh you just wait until I tell you about what happened with Richa-" But she never finished sending the interrupting old man a frown, Hullllooooo this was obviously more important. Or... maybe not.

Noa on the other hand remained shy and quiet, still not familiar with people or have many friends even. When Jayden entered the small girl waved and smiled at him; but when he didn't meet her eyes, her smile dropped into a frown, her face turned a solid cherry, and she dropped down low into her seat. Noa mentally kicked herself, darn it she should've known better, he didn't care about stupid girls like her, especially when he had went through so much with her father. She should've been supportive not smile at him like nothing happened. Darn it, darn it, darn it. Only the girl reluctantly turned her attention over to the old man up front.

Both girls let out audible gasps. Noa more for the fact of how brutal the situation really was, darn it she really was a stupid girl. Verona, on the other hand, gasped for dramatic effect. She really just wanted attention. But the girl wasn't done and Verona raised her hand. "So you're saying there is, like, no reason for us to, like, live in fear about this? That she should live life like we normally did before?" She asked with smile, shooting a glance at Richard with a pursed lip.

This cocky and ungrateful attitude was how she coped with things. But let it be known that Verona was just as scared and shocked as everyone else and behind her eyes fear ran rampant, but she was determined to prove a point. She wanted to prove not only to Richard, but to everyone else that people shouldn't let fear dictate their darn lives. So if she had to make that point by acting like all cocky- so be it.

On the other hand Noa stared at Verona with shock. That placid cover, and almost nonchalant way of dealing with things made her look, in Noa's eyes, even more scared and pathetic than the rest of them. Of course, Noa would never dare to say that out loud, but judging by the negative effect it had on Noa, she didn't feel like she had to. Though Noa did have to admit, she did have a good point, but Verona obviously had no idea how to express her feelings to others.

Ooc: Okay I wanted to edit it, because the last part didn't come out NEARLY how I intended, but then, realizing that Sleepy had derived a post from it, I realized I had to keep it. So, I just added more, because I didn't think a clarification needed a whole other post to itself. But a clarification was definitely needed.

Last edited by Sexy Lilac on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11631

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Oblivious to Evelyn's agitation with her, Kimply was happy to see a familiar face again. She had been gone for a while, and she had definitely missed Evelyn and worried about her, but she had more important things to worry about, as selfish as that may have sounded. "Miss me?" She asked, flashing a grin.

Jayden normally would have voiced his annoyance, but today he just dodged Jace's hand and ran his hand quickly through his hair. He smiled at his brother, but it didn't meet his eyes. I think I'm losing my voice, is all. He responded sarcastically. He faked a look of fear. Dude, what if it never comes back?

Both Emelia and Morgan were equally shocked. They had arrived after this incident, so they hadn't heard much about it. In fact, Emelia was surprised her parents hadn't pulled her out of school immediately after hearing about a 'minor mishap' with a teacher. Then again, they were getting desperate now.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Evelyn considered replying as she stared down at the floor, but didn't have the chance as the mystery teacher―Mr. Wilson―spoke. It was old news to her and she'd had months to process it all, but it was still disturbing to think. She clenched her fists at the memory of him standing in the room with no windows, smoking and wearing sunglasses indoors. It could have been laughable in retrospect, like he was trying to impress a bunch of teenagers, but then she remembered how he killed the old Head of Summer and banned her from Gift Mastery. Asshole.

She looked up as some girl asked a question. From the look on her face, she looked almost... smug. Why was she smiling? Evelyn's disapproving frown grew. It was a serious issue. A person was dead and three others were critically injured. You would think something like that would scare the stupid grin off her face. Even a place like this, people don't change.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9604

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Jason did well to pay half-a-mind to the new teacher speaking up at front. It was nothing new to him, just the same bullshit. "Oh, we fucked up. Someone's dead and others nearly died. But look, we're making it better!" The more he listened, the more it would only serve to irritate him. The autumn chose to focus on his little brother instead. Jayden kept the smile on his face. "I think that'd be a blessing." Jace muttered back, laughing under his breath. "You've always been a real loudmouth." He nudged Jaii with his elbow playfully, thinking they needed to spend time together more.

Finally looking away from her little notepad, Alicia watched the speaking man with near as much intensity as every other student in the room, having no obvious reactions unlike others. Although she seemed calm and distant expression on her face, there was a sinking feeling in her stomach. One of uncertainty, an emotion that she hated most of all. "Are we really safe?" she whispered to herself, "There's no such thing as chance." If chances were that were probably safe, she still felt doomed. Her gaze traveled to Verona across the room, who seemed to have a completely different outlook on things.

Brailynn snickered as she try to swat the little gum wrapper away, glancing for only a moment at the people behind them. Hey, they were new students. Full of that eager spirit and everything. The girl let out a small huff, she could hardly blame them for being so eager to show off. Lynn frowned until she heard Richard being brought up. "What, what -?" She asked quickly, even after her friend was silence. She blinked her hazel eyes. God damn, Vera, you tease - now she was curious. The girl whipped her head around again till she found blonde young man sitting somewhere in the back of the room. She seemed to be lost in thought for a bit after that before Vera started to speak up loudly. She snapped out of it then. Could they live normally like before, she wondered? The Spring recalled a few people coming home several times, someone was stabbed one - a few more shot another incident. Define "normal".

Professor Wilson looked carefully at Verona as she spoke up, staying silent, as if he were carefully choosing his next words - or listening to something else. "How many here are Winter students?" He asked, his voice echoing in the room. Whether or not anyone answered in any way, shape, or form - he went on. "From a logical point of view, it would be pointless to dwell on the past any longer. In the past few months, we have assessed the situation, found the faults in our system, and have made the necessary corrections." The man frowned, pausing for a few good moments.

"While it would be best to move on, it would be foolish to what happened in the past." He said, "The threat still exists out there and it is very real. We can never go back to what was once "normal." He went silent again, letting the words sink in.

"However, we will create a new "normal". Every adult here is sworn to protect and to teach you, we know now for certain. Everyone will get the opportunity to discover themselves," He glanced at several new students, his gaze drifting to a young girl with a scowl on her face. "No one will be left behind." The Professor folded his arms behind his back, "And, at the request of the headmaster - two event will be brought in to start the new year. One will be a new training program. Some of you more curious students may or may not have heard of it, but in several weeks, you will be taken to train on what we call "the Island". Upcoming class sessions will be preparing you for this. We feel the training will be in all your benefits."

Another pause. "The other, which will occur in the next week, will be a winter formal. Arrangements have been made with the town of Rosebury to supply new dresses, outfits, and whatever other 'necessities' you young men and ladies care for. The school has paid the majority of the price tags off already, so everything should be reasonably priced." James let the students chatter a bit before speaking up again. "Other than this, you all are all dismissed until monday's class sessions. If anyone has anymore questions, they may stay behind and ask me personally." He waved his hand and took a few steps back amongst the other teachers, freeing them from the assembly.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Evelyn pursed her lips and began to stare off past the girl and into blank space at the man's answer. But that's dumb. she wanted to say. And you're only saying that to make us feel better. It was a weak attempt to try and comfort them, made worse just by how late this news was. The Headmaster and the rest had all been attacked months ago, and during all that time, that's what they thought up to calm the school's tension? That left her feeling more uneasy than before, and Evelyn was wondering exactly what these "corrections" were. First step would not be allowing psycho, murdering, apathetic, smoking, assholes to teach at your prestigious private school. Instinctively she clenched her hands into fists.  'Don't bother coming to class, if you'd like.'

The next part caught her off guard. What? Evelyn blinked and broke out of her stupor to look helplessly at the teacher before hurriedly standing up and pushing past people to get to the bottom of the bleachers. A dance, huh? There was some inexplicable pang of anxiety. Don't be stupid. she told herself as she made it to the ground floor and began to strut towards the big double doors. It's not like you'll be going. You couldn't get a date if your life depended on it. That only served to make her sad as well, though. And dances are dumb anyways. It'll be full of loud music and socializing and... dancing. She wondered for a moment how well she could be able to dance before she drove the thought out of her head. You won't have to find out. Spare yourself the trouble. Stay inside.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11659

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 pm

On that note, Richard could help but have a small grin on his face when the teacher began to answer Vera's question. He saw that snide look on her face, and at first it really got to him, but as he talked, the more he couldn't help but grin. Although he stayed quiet, he took what was being said as a complete backfire. Staring Verona down, he hoped to get her attention as he casually leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He still had every right to feel how he felt about the situation, but as he continued to listen, the more intrigued he had become to what was being said. Training, huh? Sounds like a great idea. I'd actually like to learn something for once whether it be about my power or just simply self defense.

Both Lindsey and Penny had stayed particularly quiet about the whole situation. While Lindsey had expressed complete shock on her face at the news of what had happened, Penny was more slightly worried. The stories had definitely been true and now she felt a little bad for getting Evelyn so worked up that day at the studios. Maybe she should say something to her afterwards. Although, when the young blonde glanced around trying to find the unique girl, it took her quite some time before her eyes were barely able to find her among the crowd. As soon as she found her, she didn't really look like she needed to be messed with at the moment, but it didn't take long before Penny looked back up to the front, not really wanting to hear a whole lot about the dance, but the fact that there was a dance was fairly exciting. But she needed to find something to wear...

Lindsey on the other hand, was a little speculative of the dance. She had actually never really been to a dance before, so she didn't have anything to wear and on top of that, she didn't know anyone to go with... Poor girl has been so lonely this whole time.
Back to top Go down
grace

grace

Beata Bucks : 11840

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 pm

A small chuckle escapes her lips. "Well, we just have to make sure you don't get angry. Although it would be fun to watch." Hearing the voice of Prof. Wilson, she stood quiet and payed attention.

As soon as he was finished, she sighed. "Wow, it gets pretty wild in this place." Looking back at Mallach, her worried expression dissipated and in it's place was a look of determination. "I guess, I have work to do. My power isn't exactly, lethal and well, I'm not exactly what you call a warrior." She said with a small smile.

"Anyways, what do you think about the formal?" Lowering her voice to a whisper, she place a hand near her mouth and leaned closer to him, a smirk showing on her face. "I think is a great time for pranks...don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]   Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overdue Matters [For Everyone to Post]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next