Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Feather

Feather

Beata Bucks : 11889

Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Frowning, Alastair leaned forwards and rested his elbows on his knees, shading his face from the sun. This was quite... upsetting. It was almost like karma was shoving someone Alastair had finally taken interest in, right in his face, and then telling him not to talk to her. Or maybe that was just her pharamones talking. Besides, since when did Alastair make friends? He was the ultimate lone wolf. He could be friendly and make conversation but with it came to actually making friends he wasn't about that. Making friends mean't getting emotionally attached and when you got attached you stopped caring about yourself and started caring for someone else. It sounded super selfish but up until now it had kept him alive and well, as well as everyone else. It's not like it wasn't dangerous hanging out with a half human half animal that could shift at any moment and tear you limb from limb. Okay, maybe that wouldn't exactly happen, but Alastair didn't really know what would happen if he was forced into a shift when he wasn't by himself. He'd only unintentionally shifted full on animal in front of one person, and lets just say the results weren't pretty. He walked away perfectly fine, and she walked away half her face covered in scars as well as her arm.
Face twisting, Alastair looked at his hands, hoping she wouldn't catch his grimace before he could control it once more. Face in check, he looked up at her, meeting her blue eyes with his golden ones. "That's... horrible. I'm sorry." His voice was a little monotone, tinge with just a hint of actual pity. It was almost impossible to show emotions. Ever seen a wolf cry? Or how about a hawk... Seen a hawk smile? No.
"If it helps, you weren't exactly making me fall in love with you. I just had some uncontrollable urge to shift. I feel much better now and so should you. None of us have a professional amount of control over our powers and I don't think you should make it too hard on yourself." He walked over to her and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, the best he could do at comfort. "And if it makes you feel better, I know all about curses." Alastair sighed, taking a seat beside her, down wind of course.
Her attempt to lighten the mood hurt Alastair's heart. He cracked a true smile for her, maybe even laughed a little bit, a sound that came from deep within his chest. "Do I look like a normal person to you? For all they know, I could be a golden retriever right now, drinking out of the toilet bowls." He laughed a little the grimaced, "Not that I actually drink out of toilet bowls!"
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11185

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Verona was typically the same way, only less wolfy and more flirty. See, with a gift like hers she knew better than to get overly attached and friendly to them, because odds were they didn't truly like her. It just saved the heartbreak and tears, just generally better for everyone. Which made living lonely and it made her a detached person. Besides, people fell in love with her, she didn't fall in love with people. Society as a whole just kind of irked her the wrong way, which was fine- she accepted that she was different. Society accepted that she was different, although it came with an abundance of rumors. Everything was simple, lonely, but simple.
Despite being an emotionally detached person, she still was good with people. So, seeing as she was studying his face for a reaction she did pick up a sliver of a grimace. Just enough to make her bite her lip and look away, only to look up again and meet his eyes. Holding his gaze, she nodded and quickly looked back down to her grass blade. "No biggie. I'm used to it." She said, looking over at a bird flying between the trees.
The teenager appreciated his words, but it didn't make it much difference. Her power had always been like that, blind to any emotional embalances that could occur. Even if the outcome was half of her face getting shredded to a bleeding pulp. Only, she did feel his gesture to reassure her, but didn't tense up. "But I'm my own worse critique," the girl purred playfully, not shaken up for long. "They suck don't they? Most of them come disguised as gifts too. I mean look at me." Her tone was light and laughter clung to her lips as she emphasised her point by playfully running her hands across her sides.
Vera grinned with him, glad to have made him laugh. He had seemed to serious these past few minutes she had known him and serious was almost always paired with boring. "I don't know... you really look like the kind of guy to drink out of toliet bowls." Vera teased, nudging him playfully with her elbow. The girl then took a sweeping view of the grounds around her. It really was a gorgeous day, and besides staying out here for a little while longer wouldn't hurt anybody!
Back to top Go down
Feather

Feather

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Alastair squinted, the sun beaming down into his eyes and nearly blinding him. Vera seemed to be lightening up and it made Alastair feel so much better. Something about being around upset people made him upset as well. It must of been his animalistic side picking up one the emotions and casting them inside himself. Like how a golden retriever would whine if it's friend was upset. Something along those lines, at least. He cracked half a smile putting up all attempts to make Vera stay in her happy place.
"I mean, who said that we had to be so upset about it? We were given our gifts for a reason and I think that we should try our hardest to make the most out of them, don't you agree? Whether that be making other's happy or making yourself happy." He said, looking at her, his eyes dark and sullen, far too serious for someone only seventeen.
Verona laughed, a lovely sound, that made Alastair's ears twitch like a dog's. His eyes followed her hands, and a hollow, hungry feeling erupted in his lungs. "I would say it's more of a blessing." He said a little breathlessly, his eyes lingering on her curves just a little too long before he realized what he was doing and looked away nonchalantly.
"I can agree to that. Have you ever been attacked by stray wolves? Because I have." He shuddered as if the mere mention of it was going to bring back the horrible time. At her reference to the toilet drinking he shoved her shoulder lightly, laughed and shook his head.
"I'm not that much of an animal!"
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 pm

"Yeah, I guess." Vera agreed lightly, avoiding his eye contact by carefully pulling the grass blade apart by it's seams. His statement was light and while Vera would've loved to agree, she couldn't commit to the comment 100%. Because it seemed so unlikely to be happy with a power that had broken her heart. She wanted to be happy with it, but happiness didn't come from being materialistic, it came with the company you kept and the love that you shared. But, being so emotionally detached it was nearly impossible to share love and become close to someone. Thus, Verona still wasn't completely happy with her gift and all of it's outcomes.
Verona watched his eyes follow the curves to her body as she exentuated them with a gently hand movement. His reaction one she would expect from a teenage boy, because there was no secret that Vera had the same curves her mother had at this age. Rolling her eyes slightly, she turned to him with a laugh and said, "And I would say you're more of a suck up." And although she wouldn't admit it, she was enjoying his attention and playful attitude.
"No, can't say I have. Or that I ever want to. I think I got as close as I'd like to get to that a few minutes ago." Verona teased, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Only, her look didn't last long as she was lightly shoved and lost her balance slightly. "I don't know..." Verona started with a small grin, "You look kind of wild to me."
Back to top Go down
Feather

Feather

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 8:08 pm

Alastair sensed her hesitation, not really agreeing about making herself or other people happy. He frowned. "You gift especially could be complete happiness. You could meet someone with a specific power that counters your's and you could make him.. or her... happy. Or you could make every person you meet fall in love with you, if that would make you happy. Love is one key ingredient to happiness, and I'd say you have it easy." His eyes shifted, and he looked away plastering a smile to his stern mouth.
"If I'm a suck up then," He thought his eyes wicked, matching his smile. "Then you're a tease." He let the words roll off his tongue, completely joking about the whole scenario of course. "I do not hide intentions or compliments under false pretenses If I say something to you with a straight face, I mean it. It's very obvious when I'm joking." His golden eyes darkened, his tone taking on a new meaning. Alastair was a very serious person most of the time, robotic almost. If he said it, like the majority of the time he said things, with a straight face, almost frowning, then he was being straight to the point.
"There's nothing funny about being wild. It gets people hurt." He said, his voice cracking at the end, stabbing poison into the hurt, almost as if someone where wrapping their hands around his throat, squeezing. It was a pained sound, and as soon as it happened he looked down.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Verona could see where he was getting at, but the idea just made her feel sick. She'd love to meet that one person, who loved her for who she was, but the truth was she could never be sure if they loved her or her power. There was no happiness in a fake relationship. It just led to all kinds of hurt, commitment issues, and an extreme lack of trust. No one really understood what it was like having a gift such as this, sure it may seem so great but it was a lonely and bitter power. Vera didn't comment about her thoughts though, not wanting to get in the touchy subject. So, instead, bit her lip and gave a half-hearted nod. She didn't even often a smart remark such as , "easier said than done". Vera just let the subject drop, as well as her eye contact with him.
Only, she felt the mood change and blinked at him. A tease? The girl wasn't sure how she felt about the term, but laughed about it anyway. "I guess you have a point there." Verona said with a forced smile. Her mood suddenly draining and so was his. In fact, his sudden mood change made her arch one brown, brow high and blink at him again. In fact, as he said the word, she felt the hurt. Verona felt the poison as it constricted her from coming up with a smooth and clever way to fix what she had joked about. "I didn't mean it like--" She started her apology, but stopped and shook her head. There was nothing to change what she had said and how it had affected the boy emotionally. Sure words didn't break bones, but they did hurt. "I'm sorry." Verona told him sincerely, suddenly fighting off the urge to get up and leave. Not because she was afraid of him, but because making people upset made her feel bad, but appologies weren't something she was good at and the left her feeling worse than just sad and uncomfortable. One could apologize as many times as they wanted, but you could never take back what you had said or done for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Feather

Feather

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:55 pm

OOC: I am so sorry I haven't posted in forever but here we go.

Alastair's face twisted. He'd always had some kind of monotone insulting side that he really didn't mean to use. Sarcasm as well as any form of joking was usually lost to him. He was a primal, basic person when it came to talking and his mind didn't have a filter. It was very easy for his mood to shift like that, never slowly, always all at once. But he could always read the feelings of others perfectly and he knew that he'd upset the girl beside him.
"I'm sorry Vera... I know its easier to speak about it then actually go and get it done. I don't know why I pretend to understand your power. Actually I don't understand you as a person very much either. It's interesting, you interest me." He said, golden eyes still starring at her rosy cheek after her eyes had failed to hold his. She seemed so, upset that she'd upset him. Which in reality, he wasn't truly upset. If Alastair was hurt, emotionally distraught, there would be no more Alastair, only some animal crazily running around trying to calm themselves down. Vera stood, her hair shielding her face from A, as if covering away her emotions. Without thinking he grabbed her hand and pulled her down beside him, effortlessly. Just a moment too late he realized how fragile the girl probably was and that you can't just yank her around like a chew toy or something. He grimaced releasing his grip on her wrist, and taking in a sharp breath.
"Oh dear god I am so sorry if I just hurt you.." His eyes studied her face for any expression that migt give away how her arm was feeling.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 am

Ooc:It's all good, I just got back from Europe anyway so that's why I couldn't respond!

Vera kept quiet, confused herself about the person in front of her. Had she not just met him, she would've pushed to get to know him better to atleast have a grasp about him and his constant moodswings. One second he was calm, then angry and hurt, now he seemed upset. Maybe she was just nor reading his emotions right, but she found it off-putting how constantly different he seemed to be depending on which minute you looked at him. Her mind was trying to process what was happening, while at the same time half hurt.
She felt her cheeks heat up quickly as he said that about her. Such rash words coming from someone who she had met merely an hour before. Not that she wasn't used to things like this happening, but part of his tone seemed genuine. It was refreshing to hear, especially considering how attractive it was, but scary at the same time. How could anyone genuinely find her so interesting? Was this way of saying she was hot? Was he only trying to get in her pants? Verona didn't think he was like this, but he was a teenage boy afterall.
Blinking a couple of times, Vera looked up at the sky. It was a blue, cloudless day and the warmth kissed her face with grace. It's gentle touch filling her with a newfound warmth and clearing her mind. The little trick was something her mother had taught her as a young child, the only way she remained calm and collected when she was close to getting upset. Only, the moment didn't last long as she was pulled down next to him with a forceful yank.
While most girls would've let out a pitiful yelp, Verona was strong and only let out a small gasp. Her distraught and slightly hurt face turning to him with a confused look in her eye. "It's fine, don't worry about it." Verona said gently, trying to avoid any more upsets.
"To be completely honest, you confuse me too. How can someone be so distraught one moment and peferctly fine the next? Your a strange dude, Alastair." The girl admitted casually, leaning back slightly and massaging her slightly red hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |    Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard |
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2